Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
a lesson learned in time
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 17:18:06 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

A lesson learned in time

With

He smiled at the question.

"Experimentation, and consistent results." He said.

He knelt besides his Sandslash.

"I do not mean victory when I speak of results." He said. "Some of you may intend to enter into the world of professional pokemon battling. You can do everything right, and still lose in that world."

Training, after all, was just the prep work. It alone would not win every battle— not between equals.

"When your pokemon can compete at a certain level, when they can consistently carry out their mission and purpose efficiently, propelling forward your overarching strategy— then, you'll know you made the right decisions."

TL;DR:

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
880 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
a lesson learned in time
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 17:11:09 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She nodded slowly, processing. She would have to work on getting those consistent results. She wasn't very happy to hear that professional battlers could still lose after doing everything right - that feeling was utter, true failure, one that was far too bitter. Still, it was also an opportunity for her. Gwyar was a professional, and if he could fail with all of his training and planning, then she had a shot against him.

"I see," she responded positively. She wanted to train one with the purpose of surprising him, but something about Gwyar told her that he had witnessed too much to be surprised - perhaps the fact that he was old - but she was confident in her abilities and her team. More than ever before. "I can make that happen." She met his eyes with a visible challenge, but it would be a while before she tackled his gym again. She wanted to teach him something when they fought again.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
a lesson learned in time
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 23:49:28 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

A lesson learned in time

With

"Of course you can." The man said bluntly, nodding at her, then looking at every person present (to the best of his ability). "There are some new members amongst us, so I'll go ahead and let you all know."

He pointed at the papers on their laps.

"I'll be testing all of you on these lessons eventually." He said simply, smiling as ever. "It'll be a practical test. You can think of it as an unofficial gym battle, if you prefer."

He turned about, his gaze sweeping over everyone present as he smiled encouragingly.

"So study and train hard; do not let this information simply rest in your head until it rusts from disuse." He said. "Is that understood?"

YES SIR!

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
880 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
a lesson learned in time
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 14:50:38 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Her eyes nearly bulge out of her head. A test? A test before re-challenging? Oh, Arceus. Her test taking anxiety is real. She'd never considered the challenges to be like that, but this is explicitly clear. She needs to find a way to cheat. No, she needs to find a way to study. Perhaps Gwen would be interested in running drills after Robin shares what she's learned about purpose.

Still, she can't help but feel like Gwyar's a bit of a sadist. She scurries out, already plotting.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,836 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
a lesson learned in time
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 0:53:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven