Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
235 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
ULTRA PLANT: AG #2
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 16:20:09 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA PLANT

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

DESERT RUINS[break]→ ULTRA PLANT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055328024813371442/showdown.mp3[/player][break]

Power Showdown! | Pokemon Journeys (2019) VOL 2
[break]

THE ULTRA PLANT IS A DARK WORLD that is wracked by frequent thunderstorms. Lightning spears the desolate canyons and valleys of this world and massive cord-like structures bridge the gaps. Whenever lightning strikes, lights attached to these cords light up too. In the horizon, large Xurkitree can be seen, dwarfing the area you arrive in...[break][break]

Several abandoned power stations can be found throughout the area, but they seem to be deactivated...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 17 begin building a base camp/settlement of some kind.
  • 18 recover notes from disintegrated megalopolan remains that suggest no other pokemon apart from ultra beasts resided here.
  • 21 discover and/or explore a subterranean level of the world through a power station or the natural landscape. this dangerous level is reminiscent of a vast board of circuitry.
  • 22 find a way to bring power to a deactivated power station, but any instruments or machinery within will fail to work yet.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]

[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]

[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]

[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
235 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 16:33:23 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena took a long moment to assess Gwen openly, not hiding her analytical gaze. She wanted to be confident in Gwen's capacity to continue. Dead weight would hinder her investigation, but more importantly, she felt like Gwen had a lot of potential to be a test subject for a sleep study. The Ranger was trusting enough to get this far. Ameena wondered what else she could accomplish with the youth while her naiviete enabled Ameena's schemes. [break][break]

"Continue we will." The duo walked towards the building ahead with a tall tower and little activity inside. Some of the windows were broken, so it was easy to see how abandoned it was. Ameena tried not to brush off the unease she felt as a Xurkitree in the distance started moving their way. [break][break]

Ameena sent her Musharna to enter the building first in case there were traps or an ambush of exploding pokemon. But when nothing went boom, she gave Gwen the OK. "This looks like an observation outpost. For research," she explained further. "I do not see good methods of travel up here, and it is not well defended, so I wonder if the Megalopolans have some other method of transport to evade the vicious pokemon in the area." [break][break]

She wanted the Ranger's thoughts on the matter as they entered the decrepit building. There were many odd gizmos and notes scattered throughout the area. Ameena picked up some papers and began reading something with a drawing of Xurkitree. She blew on the document to brush off some of the ash -- it appeared that some of the Megalopolans had been disintegrated... by the sheer power of electricity? From its heat? She needed more data on the Xurkitree.

TAGS [break]
NOTES18 recover notes from disintegrated megalopolan remains that suggest no other pokemon apart from ultra beasts resided here.[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 2:10:18 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

After that whole debacle, Ameena and Gwendolyn had moved onto Greener pastures and more electrifying tales that awaited them in this factory-like hellscape. She had needed a minute for herself, still freaked out about the ability of a giant Xurtree to jumpstart hearts like that, but otherwise in good health! Always ready to go, Gwen never did back away from a challenge.

Unless it had to do with Duskulls. Those had always terrified her.

They came across an empty looking building that would provide some shelter in this hostile factory world. Ameena sent her Pokémon in to take a look at it, while they stood in wait with baited breath. Gwen thankfully had been peering inside too much to notice the giant Xurkitree heading their way.

”Looks like the coast is clear to me. You sure we should send just your Musharna in? Gishath could be some help to us.”

The Gabite looked up to the two women with an interested noise before just standing alongside his trainer.

Once the all good was given, Gwen got right into heading inside after Ameena. The younger girl followed suit. The building seemed pretty official, the documents surrounding them almost old and ancient, caked in dust.

”You think this is where they met up or something? And what would they be researching anyway? Isn't this place their home or something?”

She wasn't too familiar with Megaopolans, but Ameena seemed to know more than she could at the ”As for getting around, I'm sure they have some way. Flying-types, maybe. But I'm sure they have better ways of moving around than to rely on one of their Pokémon.”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
235 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 17:32:07 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Musharna and Gishath had cleared the room easily, but Ameena had maintained no peace of mind after seeing the research notes from the Megalopolans. She considered Gwen's theory of flying pokemon. "With the dangerous electrical environment, few flying types would be tough enough for travel. It could be that the area has gotten much worse since the Megalopolans were here, but there has always been odd electrical activity in this area."[break][break]

Indeed, considering flight made it clear that that method could not be reliable enough. Traveling by foot would be slow and also hazardous. So, that left...[break][break]

Ameena released Kirlia. "See if you can find space beneath us." The instruction was vague to anyone else, but Kirlia understood via their shared telepathy. The Kirlia disappeared. Turning to Gwen, Ameena pocketed the papers. "I think you have helped us realize that the only truly reliable method of travel must be... yes, underground." [break][break]

Kirlia had telepathically confirmed her suspicions as she spoke. "Look at this." She went to the back wall of the station and opened a windowless door that appeared to be a closet. Except it revealed a staircase that led underground and turned into a dirt tunnel. [break][break]

"I hope you are not claustrophobic," she said as she descended.

TAGS [break]
NOTES21 discover and/or explore a subterranean level of the world through a power station or the natural landscape. this dangerous level is reminiscent of a vast board of circuitry.[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 1:04:38 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

That was a good point. All that electricity in the sky would make traversal almost impossible without something to defend against it. Gwen scrunched her face in thought while watching Ameena work her magic by summoning Kirilia and getting her to search for something. It was vague at first, but soon was made a bit more clear what she was doing.

”Underground?” Gwen repeated after her, then processed what she had been doing before it clicked. Her eyes widened in surprise. ”Yeah, that makes way more sense! Out of sight and no thunder in the sky that can hurt you!”

The two women soon were faced with one of the entry points into these tunnels after Ameena located one just hidden as a door in plain sight. The ginger haired girl wasn't one to shy away from getting her hands dirty. Gishath even would perk up at the sight of digging his way through a tunnel.

”Not at all! I'm down for a bit of spelunking today.”

Soon enough, she was underneath in the tunnels alongside the other two. The air was muggy and humid as the scent of dirt and metal was there to greet her. Gishath waddled beside with a content grumble.

”Any clue where we're heading to?”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
235 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 15:47:03 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

The girl bounced back from her prior apprehension to cheerfulness. It was endearing. "I suspect we may find a power source at the end of the tunnel," she explained. It was merely a hypothesis, but the folks running the station would need a consistent power source in the face of such erratic natural phenomena. [break][break]

It was the perfect opportunity to pick the Ranger's brain and understand her better. Whatever she found out, Ameena could use it for her studies. "So, what have you been up to? I appreciate your willingness to stress test the technology with me, but I am a little surprised you agreed. This kind of place seems like the kind of adventure you reserve for a fellow Ranger. And you strike me as a brilliant young woman, so I suspect you have no shortage of friends." [break][break]

The tunnel led to a white box with a pole that shot up through the earth, presumably to some location aboveground that then wired into the outpost. It had a switch, flipped to the off position.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 18:26:18 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

”Oh, me?” Gwendolyn asked in response to Ameena's question. ”I, ah, really don't have that many, to be honest. I'm only super into tech because I used to build computers and stuff. That spiraled into learning how to do some other things, like building this kind of technology. I actually want to be a Pokémon Professor when I'm older.”

She kept her gaze ahead at the tunnels in front of them, casually taking a look at the scanner out of morbid curiosity. The screen displayed nothing on it but was a little banged up. So it was either faulty and they could be surrounded or more pleasantly, nobody was around.

”I've been trying to meet new people, so I thought this would be nice! That's why I took it. Plus, you seem pretty cool to get to know too. If anything, I should be thanking you for letting me tag along.”

The two women came across an electrical box attached to a white pole that looked pretty important. Gwen's eyes traveled along the shaft until it met with the firm cover of earth and continued to ascend up to the surface.

”That must be the power switch.” She said, walking over to it and observed the switch, soon pushing it upright into the “on” position.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
235 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 15:00:18 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

"No need to wait," Ameena said as the Ranger suggested being a professor when she's older, "as you should put yourself on the path of professorship as soon as possible. What would you study?" More tech? Dragons like her Gishath she favored? Professors were a backbone of the world. Their mentorship crafted many great minds and started the paths of many trainers like the Elites and gym leaders. [break][break]

She wanted to study Gwen's mind sooner rather than later. She felt the young woman's ambition wasn't completely fostered yet, that the girl was holding back. It was most likely low self-esteem; this plagued many young women, and Gwen didn't have the discipline of the military to correct it. [break][break]

"I am surprised you do not have many friends. Is it possible you get by with just a special one?" For Gwen to be confident enough to take on such an adventure despite insecurity, she must have been encouraged by another party, or at least inspired by one. Ameena's hypothesis was working on several assumptions, but her knowledge of psychology was sufficient enough to warrant the guesswork. [break][break]

The machine buzzed with electricity. Presumably, power reached the outpost above. "We should return and secure the outpost as a camp for future visits. If, that is, you are interested in seeing a Xurkitree more safely. I am working on a strategy for a safe approach." And another visit with Gwen might cement the Ranger's trust in Ameena, giving her an opportunity to explore the Ranger's psyche.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 0:24:51 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

”Uhhhh…” Gwen stumbled with the question that was asked of her regarding her professorship status. She had thought about it so hard that she still didn't know exactly where her speciality would lie.

”I'm not sure, to be honest. I thought Professor was a blanket term. But I did think working with Pokémon is what I wanna do.”

The lack of friends here was a bit alarming. Gwen hadn't thought it played out like that. She did meet people like , , and that she considered friends, even if they had never really gotten to know each other the best. But there was one more than any other who Gwen knew just as well she did to her.

”You could say she's special.” Gwen said with a smirk. ”Her name is . You might have heard of her before, but she's also a ranger. Actually, she helped me get into them in the first place. I owe a lot to her. She helped me break out of my shell in the first place. I…joined because I didn't want her to get hurt and be by herself. She's been through a lot, and I want her to keep that smile she has when she's excited about something.”

After her little rant and rambling about the not-so psychic in question, Gwendolyn rolled her eyes.

”Sorry, I probably sound all weird. We've been friends for a while back home. She probably thinks I'm weird and nerdy, but I look up to her a lot.”

With the power restored in the meantime, Gwen nodded her head in agreement. Securing the camp here would make any future visits much easier in the future. After all, having a little command post in the middle of this weird electric city was going to help things progress as smoothly as possible.

Ameena did share her own little fascination with the Xurkitree. As a computer buff, it was no doubt that Gwen would be compelled to follow things through here with this woman.

”Absolutely! We've come this far already, so I'm in it 100%! Besides, seeing something like that up close is a once in a lifetime scenario. We're ready whenever you are, Ameena!”

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
235 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 16:34:18 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gwen gushed. It was pleasant to listen to. Ameena didn't have a lot of information on the names she dropped outside of the brief files she had read, but she had also had the privilege of no head-to-head interactions with Leaguers. She was behaving in her public persona as CEO, so there was little need to be appraised of potential League threats while she had more pressing matters.[break][break]

"No, you sound sweet. I am sure she likes you a lot. Anyone who thinks you are weird is limited in their thinking and beneath you." She paused on the staircase up to the outpost, turning to give Gwen her full attention, straight-faced. "Do not let anyone take value from you. You are powerful. There will always be someone preying on your downfall, such is life as an accomplished woman, but I trust you will not hesitate to keep the pests from taking you down." [break][break]

She had experienced nothing but obstacles and adversaries in her rise to power in the military, and too-ethical researchers had limited her studies until she found herself in Rocket's good graces. Gwen had potential as a researcher, professor, and Ranger, but she had to let go of these inhibitions. [break][break]

Ameena opened the door to let them both back into the outpost. She began checking locks while Kirlia investigated the space for any energy output that needed adjustment. "This will be a good base of operations for future endeavors. We just need to make sure there are no leaks or exposed wires anywhere that could cause a fire while unattended." Though such an occurrence was unlikely. The base had been abandoned for a long time without trouble, but now it had active power flowing through it. Better safe than sorry.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – uh the base prompt i didn't copy it before writing this post so just pretend i pasted it here correctly[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 5:42:25 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Did Robin like her? Gwendolyn knew that she did, but would Robin ever like her like...No, that was silly!

She was a wonderful friend and all around coolest person in Hoenn. She had her moments of weakness like everyone else, but Gwen loved her resilience to everything. No matter how many times life kicked her while she was down and out, she kept getting back up, ready for more.

That time when she had almost been kidnapped by that monster Rocket, the doubt of becoming a Ranger, and even getting sick. It was a trait she was envious of in spades. Gwen got pushed back once and she needed a full week to recover and get back to her usual mindset. Robin just kept on trucking.

"Thanks. I really do like her, b-but I'm trying to meet more people too! I can't just spend all my time around my bestie." she said with a smile. "I just really want to ask her something, but I don't know if I have the courage to."

The small pep talk Ameena had gave her would help somewhat. Life was hard for a successful woman in the world, yet it was people like her who no doubt would stand on top of everything one day. Gwen nodded her head along and roamed back up now that the power to the outpost had been restored. A precursory look had shown yes, there was a lot of sprucing up that needed down.

But fortunately for the both of them, they had a handiwoman.

"I can tell the circuit's frayed and need repairing. Check the power flickering." she said, pointing to the lights. "If you help me get some tools and materials, I can try and see if I can't stabilize the flow it so nothing explodes. Other than that, I could maybe see about using some of the electronics here to our advantage. But first things first!"

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
235 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 15:33:16 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena filed that information away for later. Gwen's desire to confess to her friend would make excellent dream fodder for Musharna. [break][break]

The Ranger proved useful in analyzing the area for wiring problems. Ameena got to work supporting the redhead, pleased as punch. "The Xurkitree and other wildlife here have run this outpost into the ground," she observed as their ministrations breathed life into the small building. "But I think we are giving it a second wind." The building hummed pleasantly under the electricity and better flow it now had. [break][break]

"We should head back before we are too exhausted to make rational decisions. But I have your number; we should return next week. I will bring better tools for observing energy, if you have any interest in learning about them."

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]