Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Strong [PP/Lucia]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 0:52:17 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strong

ft.

He had to focus. Find something.

Nothing in Hoenn happened at random— everything had a reason behind it, no matter how out of the blue it may appear.

Specially dreams.

But what, exactly, was he looking for...?

There was no shining beacon. No unfamiliar sensations reaching out to him. It was him and the city and the megalopolans and the other inmates—

He stops short in the middle of what might've been a townsquare, squatting low to rub at his temples.

Ugh, for once I wish I were actually smart.
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
Strong [PP/Lucia]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 19:34:58 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Where was she? Was this some dream or something? She had been inside of the prison and now, this was someplace else...

Lucia woke up on the streets of the city, face down in the middle of the sidewalk. Still dressed in the same clothing that she had been wearing in the strange jail thing. She looked all around her at the strange sights and cityscape that lied around her. Bright, towering screens of neon lights and more.

All muted behind the black visor over the mask still on her face.

"Where am I?" she asked herself, tapping her foot on the concrete and beginning to wander around this strange city. It was clearly like some of the capitals of regions she had visited before, but...it was oddly different. Maybe it was the way some buildings warped around or didn't look like they fit in reality.

A lone figure stood in the middle of a town square that stood before her. Lucia paused and debated about what she should do, though their clothing suggested that they had come from the same place they have. The child had slowly began to walk over towards the squatting person and trying to look down at whatever they were staring at.

"Excuse me," she said in a shaky voice, "D-Do you know where we are?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Strong [PP/Lucia]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 19:34:34 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strong

ft.

He hears the approaching steps first, then a shaky voice.

His head raises lazily, neck craning back to the side to peer over his shoulder.

A tiny human, clothed just like him, but with an entirely different mask, stood there now.

It takes him a moment longer than usual— yet still, just a mere moment.

His head cocks, his hand rising to casually grab his mask and pluck it off his face.

"Sophy?" He asks bluntly, cocking his head slightly.
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
Strong [PP/Lucia]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 0:12:59 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
The man Lucia had approached didn't appear to be too caring about who he was speaking with. His masked head tilted up until the two of them met mask-to-mask with one another. The lack of any sort of energy or movement had caused the child to back away out of habit. Needles dug into every part of her body as his response back to her was short and lacked explanation.

His head tilted and off came the mask with his hand. The movement had really surprised her given exactly how long she had been wearing this thing. Something about its embrace just felt as if it had been locked that way for the rest of her life. Yet it was the name the man spoke that made her pause.

"Sophy?" she repeated, shaking her head. "Sorry, I'm not her."

Copying the movements that the man had made, Lucia had tried to quietly pry the mask off of her face. The display was awkward for a long couple of seconds but after an audible click, the mask was raised. Lucia was able to take her first breath of fresh air in a day.

"I'm Lucia. I just woke up here and I don't know where I am."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Strong [PP/Lucia]
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 21:49:57 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strong

ft.

"Lucy?!" Doug gasped the correct name this time.

There must've been some other young child named Sofia he was acquainted with— otherwise the only explanation was that his writer was a complete clown.

And surely it couldn't be that.

Probably.

At least Sophy and Lucy were... well not close, but they rhymed! Could've been worse.

Could've called her Rika or something.

"But if you are here..." He began to say, before realizing the girl didn't seem to recognize him.

Oh, right.

He swept his hand across his face, sweeping his hair up and back before clamping tight unto it, leaving him with a barely held together, slicked back look.

"It's me, Doug!" He said as some of his hairs sprung free, swaying in the air.
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
161 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
Strong [PP/Lucia]
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 19:18:51 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
The name had caught Lucia's attention quick enough for it to be near impossible to not know exactly who had been in front of her. The declaration had caused her eyes to widen in shock. It all made sense now, only adding up once he slicked back his hair.

”Doug!” Her form slammed into his as the child wrapped her arms around Doug’s midsection. She squeezed with all of her might and looked up, her eyes overflowing with tears.

”IwasoscaredandIdontknowwhathappenedIwasinsomeweirdprisonandabunchofotherpeoplewerethereIwannagohomebutIdontknowhow.”

She babbled on, only pausing to catch her breath. Lucia's prayers had been answered! Now they could all go home! The child sniffled as her hands clutched the lining around Doug's top.

”B-But you know how to get us back in Hoenn, right? You can do anything!”

It was a lot to assume what she had thought Doug was capable of, but she was desperate. It had only been one day of agonizing torture and she wanted out in any shape or form possible.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Strong [PP/Lucia]
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 18:52:05 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Strong

ft.

His arms wrapped around the little girl firmly, dread welling up in his chest as the girl rapid fired babble and tears into his chest.

Were Lucia was relieved, Doug was horrified.

Lucia... Lucia is in this mess?

It was bad enough that and were here. They were tough kids who had lived through everything Hoenn had thrown at them, and even they weren't taking to this well.

For Lucia to be here...!

Why?!

His teeth grit as he hugged the child more firmly. No one deserved this— but least of all a child.

He felt himself tearing apart from the inside as he faced Lucia's happiness and relief, her hope— her seemingly unending faith in him.

Never before had expectations weighed on him so heavily.

"... Lucy." He said, taking a deep breath as he considered his words.

"It won't be quick or easy." He said, giving her a pained look. "I'm sorry."

He hugged her again.

"I'm not sure of what's going on either."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights