thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ripple
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 17:01:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
"beast frost."

lit by the glowing TERA CRYSTALS that make up the GIANT CHASM, he leads them deeper into the tunnels. the sound of their footsteps bounces off the crystalline walls before silencing altogether when they finally break into the clearing of AREA ZERO.

not distracted by the brilliance of the scene around them, the underboss offers his phone.

"in your many excursions down here, how often have you seen this?"

on it is a picture of the eye-like rift that they have come to assume leads into the DISTORTION WORLD.
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
ripple
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 4:04:05 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Neon followed eagerly behind the Underboss. It's not every day Theo took him out on excursions. Normally it was Neon bringing back his reports and going over them, if The oeven needed it. The tera crystal glow merges with his alreayd blue suit. He arefully takes the phone and looks over the photo, zooming in and upping the vibrancy of the screen. "Distortions, sure, but this one's a bit weirder." he said staring at the pic.

"It's noticeable if you stare at it for a while, most of the distortions I saw were here and gone quickly. But I can run a scan of the footage I have and compare to this." he added before handing back the phone.

"You think Giratina's proxy is on the move?"
he asked, LED expression reflecting Neon's own as he raised his eyebrows at the man.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ripple
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 9:08:25 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"this is no distortion. it is a tear in reality that leads to the distortion world."

though he has no concrete proof as he hasn't gone through one of these, he has gone through another portal before, one that ended up taking him to where he plans to return to now, only this time it won't just be with .

"i believe it has no proxy anymore."

he pockets his phone.

"it has been over a year since fairburne was last seen. it's safe to assume she's dead now, or at least no longer in the picture."

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
ripple
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 3:11:28 GMT
mint frost Avatar

"You've seen entrances to the Distortion World?" His curiosity is immediately piqued, excitedly holding back anymore outbursts as the Underboss spoke. The idea that Giratina's last chosen was gone, either dead or abandoned somewhere was excited. Because things that had vessels, proxies, were sure to seek them out again. There's simply things nature personified can't do without a human.

"I'm not too familiar with Giratina's history in Hoenn, but I know some of its myths. Did harbor a particular goal? It wasn't often she brought the thing out, relying instead on other pokemon. At least what I remember form the Necrozma attack on Sootopolis." Perhaps her actions could elucidate what Giratina's aim was.

"I wonder if it's hiding. After all, Dialga and Palkia were taken by Arceus and the DRK Triad right? Without a connection tethering it to our world maybe it's hiding... Then again, perhaps I should reconvene with CERBERUS about her. She was one of our main targets of study after all." Though, Neon had been far more focused on the gathering of intel and now his E4 challenge. Siphoning information off public matches as well as his own.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ripple
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 11:09:50 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"i can't say for certain whether those were entrances but they were at the very least tethers to the distortion world."

looking back, he did try to step through one of the eye-like rifts only for nothing to happen. could it be that those rifts were not rifts but something else entirely? he wonders.

his mind shifts back.

"track these rifts, frost, and from there we'll be able to predict where they'll appear. concurrently, find out everything you can about giratina. the more we know, the better."

he'll be doing the same.

"i will be leading an expedition into the distortion world. i want you on the team."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
ripple
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 2:39:45 GMT
mint frost Avatar

"I'll keep my eyes open then. Maybe these distortions have a different energy signature we can track. Or some kind of pattern of appearance."
After all, Giratina was probably opening them up itself. Maybe trying to drag something back from their world into its own.

"Lucky for you, Sinnoh's myths happen to be my specialty." His interest with Kyurem and the balance dragons notwithstanding. At the mention of the expedition, he looked back up at his Underboss excitedly. "Oh, this is even more top priority than I thought." he said, already beginning to pull out his tablet to begin making notes. "I'll start work right away." he assured his superior.

"Project Infinity can adjust to support these new priorities." he added, assuring his boss the usefulness of his pet project.

| USE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WORDS IN AN IC-POST: FIRMAMENT, DEMESNE, DREGS, BALANCE.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
ripple
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 8:57:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

he nods, appreciating the beast's swiftness and how receptive they are to adapt based on reworked priorities.

"time is of the essence."

though it needs not be said.

"as far as i'm aware, those rifts have only been reported to appear here, in area zero, so focus your efforts here."

as quickly as the priority had been brought up, he shifts the conversation away when they've covered all they needed to.

"what else is on project infinity's plate?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights