Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 17:32:31 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena thanked Giovanni for giving directions to the training grounds; after landing, she had felt a little disoriented. She was still concerned about Amor after everything that had happened lately, but most of all, she was stuck on how he had reacted to his Dragonite. With the invasion incoming, he had invited her to the training grounds to test her strength, and she had hoped to get a good assessment of his mental state at the same time. [break][break]

"Here at last," she said as greeting, spreading her hands out in a dramatic flourish. The only pokemon beside her was her longest companion, Edith the Espathra. The bird was sizing Amor up already, eager for a fight, but she was always a little bloodthirsty. It had served Ameena well in her last tour in the military. "What are we learning today, professor?" As teasing as her question was, she really was curious as to what he wanted to see today.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 17:42:55 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Whatever distress he had felt, she would see no trace of it within him today. Not a single hair was out of place, he was wearing his usual tailored black Kalosian suit, and beside him stood his Dragoinite, Draco. A full foot taller than the rest of his kind, and a wingspan to match, an apex. The edges of his lips tugged into a small smile as she called him Professor, the obvious tease.

"I want to see how well you fight....Gauge your strengths, your weaknesses, areas where you need improvement....A Pokemon battle gets hectic far more quickly than you can imagine when you're at war in this particular region....People that can control gravity, throw fireballs, and rend portals at will, are your opponents." Everything she knew before she came here wouldn't help against those things. So he felt he would take it easy on her for their first bout, and he threw a Pokeball into the air, and in front of him stood a Cinderace.

An unconventional pokemon, one that he rarely used, but he had trained it molded it to become a proper warrior, and it would serve well as an opening opponent against whatever she decided to throw at him.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 18:02:30 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ah, he wanted a baseline for her battle prowess. It was necessary to understand your subject before you introduced other factors. She was not offended to be his test subject; in fact, she was curious what he would learn about her. [break][break]

There was no need to act any differently even though she was being observed with thoughtful, critical eyes. She would not let it upset her balance. "Show him, Edith." The bird needed no further instruction. As Amor sent out the sporty fire rabbit pokemon, Edith shot into the air to dive into him with lumina crash. It was her signature attack, although the bird preferred the sadism offered by drill peck when she had a plaything in front of her. [break][break]

"I wonder if you have brought that big bad Deoxys with you today." She crossed her arms as she watched the battle. "My tools are not quite as fun."

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 18:11:48 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He just smiled at her comment about Erebus. Most people wanted to fight against him, but it was often pointless, Amor had only a select few Pokemon that could spar against the creature, and give it a proper work out, and only one of them could overcome it. Even then it wasn't always a victory, and it was always hard fought.

"There is no point in shooting a Mareep with a cannon....It's a waste of a perfectly good cannonball....Infernum....Counter...." He explained to her, and when the Lumina Crash came his way, his Cinderace sprang into action charging right at the creature which might seem iiresponsible save for the fact that it used Iron Head to meet it head on, and with that it's typing changed to steel thanks to it's Libero ability. Both pokemon would collide with another, but his Cinderace would take far less damage than her bird.

"Tools are only as good as the one who wields them....Knives get dull, but we can sharpen them....Furniture can break, but we can fix it....Once you spend enough time with it....You learn it inside, and out." He explained to her, and so far he was still unimpressed, he would see how she reacted to his first move, and go from there.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 18:31:06 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

His pokemon was interesting. It took the hit well. Too well. Edith was visibly dizzy from the iron head return. While all eyes were on her, Ameena tossed out her Nihilego as well - the very one she hatched from her expedition with Amor. The nihilego used toxic spikes on the battlefield, as she figured he would send another pokemon out to match her duo. "Sure. People have to prepare for their tools."[break][break]

Really, it wasn't a bad assessment. "But from another perspective, the tools are the moves the pokemon wield; they, themselves, are the craftspeople." Edith was good at using her skills. She was only ever held back by Ameena's need to not kill everything everywhere all the time. Edith used dazzling gleam on his Cinderace. "I think it unnecessary to always insert ourselves. Nature can handle itself. I pick pokemon with a good sense of self-preservation. They win the battle, and I win the war."

TAGS [break]
NOTES – Released Nihilego (used toxic spikes), Espathra used dazzling gleam on cinderace[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 18:44:12 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

She was right he would send out another, and so an Archaludon would appear, immune to the poison that she had wasted time on setting up.

"That works in theory....." The Dazzling Gleam came, and his Archaludon took to the vanguard, and soaked up the hits with ease. It's steel typing nullifying the crippling weakness that it should have had, and instead it's body began to glow. "But the best laid plans....Can always backfire....Mirror Coat...." Came the cold, and calculated tone as all of the damage that his pokemon had just took would be returned to the sender, but doubled in force. So a roaring beam of light would rush towards the Espartha as the Mirror Coat launched itself back at the creature.

Meanwhile his Cinderace would let loose a Scorching Sands towards her Nihilego. Unfortunately for his opponent that wasn't a new opponent for him, and he had learned it's typing long ago. Amor built his teams with the exclusive purpose of covering any, and all weaknesses that could pop up. With his Cinderace's typing changing into ground, and boosting it's own damage further, he checked out the back of his nails.

"You must've fought some very weak people in the past then...." Or his perception of strength was skewed.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 20:12:50 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Espathra fainted to the reflection of her own attack. "Plans can change if you have the resources to execute new ones." Battle was more complicated than one pokemon. She sent out Kirlia in place of Edith, who used mystical fire on his Archaluadon. "I have rarely fought on a fair battlefield, Amor; you must keep this in mind. My victories and medals are from assaults in the shadows, from tactics that skirt around the ethical law established for combat, from eluding expectations."[break][break]

She was a sniper for much of her career, though her family chastised her for battling so far behind. Yet, picking off what her pokemon could not was pleasurable and successful. She liked having overwatch and making the judgement calls. True to form, she sent out a third simultaneous pokemon, releasing Frogadier to hit Cinderace with water gun. Nihilego approached Archaluadon with power gem. [break][break]

"If I have enough pokemon to hold you back, it might be that stalling tactic that wins the larger battle. It does not matter how expert I battle, for I am no trainer, Amor... I was a Brigadier General. I fight with my pawns, not my pokemon. They keep themselves alive and keep others occupied just long enough to get into my crosshairs." She would inflict the same strategy on the next setting Rocket tried to overtake. "Should you KO my team, I always hold onto an ace to get me away. Should you kill my team, I catch another."

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 20:27:25 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Another pokemon came out, and she was talking an awful lot, she was comfortable. To comfortable for his liking, and so he would snatch that comfort away. A Kirlia came out to attack his Archaludon, and a Frogadier was attempting to snap at his Cinderace. Futile the both of them. As another Mirror Coat would come to reflect the Mystical Fire, and Power Gem back at the Kirlia, and Nihilego. His Archaludon was heavily damaged, but it had served it's purpose. His Cinderace would unleash a Electro Ball would be fired off to counter the Water Gun causing both attacks to collide, and cancel, while his Cinderace's typing would change again.

In the meantime she'd see his Gallade appear.

"You presume escape is an option with me....Belus...." The moment he said the words a large dark purple eyeball would extend around the arena as Mean Look extended around them, and trapped her. Then in a blink he was gone she would find him missing from the side of Draco, and something cold, and pointy would be pressed against the small of her back. At the exact point that if he shoved it in, she'd be paralyzed from the waist down. He had Teleported behind her which she'd be able to piece together easily.

"You shouldn't monologue....In a fight....Ameena...." He'd whisper the advice into her ear tauntingly.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 20:40:23 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nihilego smarted at the reflection, but Kirlia telported from the attack and brought herself to Ameena's side. Frogadier sped up and launched quick attack at the Cinderace. Nihilego recovered enough to wrap around Archaludon. The unusual use of Mean Look held her captive as he teleported behind her, teasing. [break][break]

"Getting distracted by my voice?" She tsk'd. "I thought you were raised a gentleman, but I must say, there is nothing polite about invading my personal space. And I thought we were getting along." It would be boring for things to end here, but Ameena had few options to escape a blade, as hypothetical as its threat was. [break][break]

"So," she said as she found the strength to turn to face him, too close for comfort. "What was the lesson? Always have a mirror coat ready? Teleport before your opponent does?" She had countless pokemon that knew the move - it was as much as a staple for psychic types as it was one for unsavory characters indulging in criminal activity. "Had I my scope, you would certainly be wingull food..."[break][break]

Everyone had strengths and weaknesses. She performed better from afar. Amor had a broader spread of pokemon types than she did and much more experience using them.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 20:49:45 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Belus...." He gave the wordless command, and then an Imprison would go up, blocking out the move of Teleport, and a myriad of others. It was his way of showing her, that he had been giving her a chance at least for a moment. Still the 'knife' didn't budge as he smiled from behind her. "Less speaking, and more action....You claim that your pokemon are self sufficient, but they barely put up a proper fight....Against my test team....And you want to fight Erebus...." He didn't even try to hide the scoff in his voice. At her mentioning of her being able to snipe him he just smiled.

"Hypotheticals don't matter....Don't be a sore loser....You can 'what if' this, or 'if I' that until the Spearow come home...It doesn't matter because in this scenario, in this moment....You are dead." That was the fact, and finally he would remove the 'knife' that he had held to her back, and if she turned around she'd see that it wasn't a knife at all but a pen. "Or something like that....You speak of your pokemon as tools, as if they are disposable....That's why they're weak....That's why you're weak....I know my pokemon in, and out....They are tools, but they are ones that I have honed, and worked with....Tirelessly...." He turned his back on her, she was no threat to him, and he began to make his way back over to Draco.

"If all you have to offer against me, or the opponents you'll soon face are dull blades....I recommend finding a tall cliff, to save yourself the suffering you'll endure...." Harsh critique, but it was his assessment.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 17:46:00 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Her pokemon flounder outside of the imprison without direction. Presumably, none of them have ever seen the barrier before. She shakes her head, disappointed. "I definitely do not want to fight Erebus. But he looks like he needs some sunshine." She smiles, though she's not immune to his point. [break][break]

"Sure, I am dead," she says non-chalantly. "But in a 'real battle,' I would not find myself in close quarters. So, sure, you have me here in unfavorable conditions. I take your point: more time with my pokemon can foster a better outcome. But for all that honing, I find my tools are not the same as yours, at their core. I picked pokemon that serve non-combat purposes, while yours seem well-equipped. I need to find different tools to hone altogether, for the most part."[break][break]

She sighs, then turns to face him as its clear he won't be gutting her -- and the sight of the pen only secures that thought. "I maintain that I would keep more favorable conditions, but I am willing to put in the work on a field team." She has no other moves to pull, even if imprison is gone. Her team cannot pull a victory from the jaws of defeat, though she suspects they had lost the moment they started.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 13:09:03 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"In a real battle....You don't always get to dictate the kind of fight you want to have....Someone like you, should be capable of understanding that...." He speaks to her boredly. "The war we are about to fight....Throw every rule and strategy you think you know out....You are going to be up against people who can rewrite reality...." That was the simple unvarnished truth. "If you were so use to unfair fights as you so proudly claimed....You should have seen that tactic I used coming from a mile away, and been able to at least answer it...." Unimpressed even more. "It doesn't matter what excuses you find for this failure....If I were a Leaguer in this moment you would be dead....And then what excuses would you utter in the afterlife?" He continued to lay into her.

"You have to be prepared for any, and all eventualities because your opponents this time around will not give you an inch....Sticking to one specialty is fine, but you should make up for your shortcomings....Which is what today is for...." Finally turning to face her. "There is only one you Ameena....So be the best...." He tapped his HoloWatch going back to ignoring her just as suddenly as he spoke to her.

In a moment an elderly man appeared next to him with a Beeheeyem that had obviously teleported him to them. Handing Amor a pokeball the elderly man vanished once again, and Amor walked this time to close the distance to her.

"In this ball contains a powerful Pokemon....It's a spare of one of my own....It was doing nothing, and I hate it when power is not wielded....So she is yours, but it comes with strings. You are forbidden from letting it die, or getting it destroyed. It's rare beyond belief, and no amount of anything you do will ever make up the loss to me, period....Secondly, you have two weeks to get her into proper fighting shape, to get her at least equal to one of my pokemon....Thirdly, we are going to go capture you more pokemon to flesh out your stock....And you will learn to utilize them properly rather than throw them away like paper plates....You will be surprised at the kind of power you can draw out." He stated to her simply.

Letting the pokeball drop to the ground a Magearna would appear in a flash of light.

"This is Duchess....The counterpart of my own Princess....I'm entrusting her to you.....Do not fail me...."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 21:26:57 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

You are going to be up against people who can rewrite reality....[break][break]

She better not be. More than that, for all the verbal beating she was taking right now from her very disappointed professor, she was stuck on that thought. How do you even the playing field with gods? She was certain, in all future interactions with the League, she could create favorable frameworks for herself. Distance, high ground, the works. But. There were gods on the enemy team. Zev had talked to her about survival, but the dream realm was one thing and reality was another. [break][break]

Just as she was about the snap from the lecture, he relented and summoned... a butler? She was stunned to silence -- and committing this to memory, what kind of spoiled... -- and numbly accepted the pokeball as he explained himself. "Duchess," she repeated thoughtfully. "So I have homework." She leveled him with a gaze, but she understood all of his complaints to stem from concern. She was good at placing outbursts to their core emotion, as it was some basic work of psychology, but it was interesting to see how deep his concern seemed to run. She had yet to see him gift something like this to another colleague. [break][break]

She examined the pokeball in her hand. She had since his Princess in action and knew these to be capable. But she had to practice with it to understand what it could do. Her own studies would have to be pushed a few weeks, so she could dedicate enough time to this project to guarantee success. Instead of inquiring more specifics for the stipulations, she asked, "And when I pass?"

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,893 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 19:29:40 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"And when I pass?"

He quirked a brow at the statement seemingly confused. Did she expect a pat on the head? To be told that she had done a good job? He had expected her to be above wanting such things, and his confusion only deepened. The Magearna in her possession was apparently not a good enough reward.

"What do you think you deserve....? I've just given you an incredibly rare, and powerful pokemon.....What more could you want?" A twinge of annoyance in his tone, and his eyes stayed trained on hers. "IF you pass....I'll consider a request, and depending on said request I will either agree or disagree....Don't get your hopes up...." He expressed to her flatly. This wasn't a place for participation trophies, if she showed genuine progress in two weeks with Duchess, then he would grant her a reasonable request.

If he felt she hadn't made any progress at all, then she would be denied. It was that simple to him.

Looking over her team he realized just how little time they truly had to get prepared. The clock was truly against them in these moments, and he hated it. Though if he had time to hate the clock, he had time to use it to the fullest. That was the only solace he could take in their predicament.

"That will be all for today....If you have further need of me....You know where to find me...." Returning his Gallade to it's ball, and the rest of the pokemon that he had used he made his way over to the great dragon that hadn't moved an inch to battle at all. If she didn't stop him, he'd simply climb atop his dragon, and take off into the sky without a further word.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
strength of two [m]
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 21:13:53 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Perhaps it was childish, but she couldn't help the feeling of joy at his visible confusion. She was a notably ambitious woman. Still, she could see how this could be pushing her luck. And yet... "Anything you give willingly is not a reward, professor. This is really a test. I hope you do not believe I am so easily satisfied." Though, she was pleased to have a similar pokemon to his. She would have to really work on its strength in order to challenge him on honed tools. [break][break]

She was glad to see him entertain her so far. She would pass and she would have a request ready... though the latter might be more difficult than the former. [break][break]

As he took his leave, she already began plotting ways to test the mechanical pokemon. She had to deliver results, not excuses, the next time she saw Amor. "Until next time," she assured. As he returned to his dragon she'd looked up in Dragonology, she wondered what kind of team composition would cover the broadest bases. She feared the lecture for failing a second test of strength.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]