Calpurnia Kubrick
No Rest For the Missing [M][O]
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 19:22:27 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calpurnia"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
'Are you okay?' No answer. A few hours passed. ‘You better not be picking up a Pokemon again.’ Not even an indicator that a message was being typed. 'Are you coming home for dinner : ) ?' She flipped her phone over in desperation. Maybe she’d missed a response. A blank screen greeted her. ‘If you don’t call me back, I’m calling the police.’

[break][break]

It was shortly after dawn when her nephew’s phone buzzed.

‘Have you seen Cassie?’ The text had been sent around half an hour ago. No emojis or silly memes were accompanying it. She didn’t even open with the usual questions about his pathetic love life. 'She didn’t come home last night.'

[break][break]

Calpurnia was known for her composure. Even in distressing situations, you could trust her to portray an air of calm. Even if she didn’t feel like it on the inside, she at least dressed the part. But, right now, she was losing her shit.
Every noise drew her out of bed with a hopeful look and a resigned, “Cassie?” Even poor Purrseus was on edge. Not that anyone else could tell.

[break][break]

The pajamas she had on were from the day before, and a sign that something was very, very wrong. Kelpie despised people who went out dressed for bed. The woman thumbed her nose at them.
[break][break]

So, the fact that she was in silk, flowery pants with a matching top was strange enough. The woman who pounded on his door looked more like a swamp witch Morgrem than his auntie. Her hair was still mussed from a long night of insomnia—tossing and turning keeping sleep at bay. There was no makeup to speak of. The only red in her eyes from intermittent tears.
[break][break]

“Gerald!” There were no nicknames this morning. Her voice was a panicked hiss—a few seconds from breaking. Wake up! With a noise of frustration, she turned the doorknob and tried shouldering it open.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Are u missing Gerry?[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calpurnia]--accent:#D6579D;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calpurnia]font:11px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var[/div](--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 7:54:21 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Ever since the text message his aunt had sent him Gerald had had this strange gut feeling. Perhaps it was the lack of the usual banter from his aunt that threw him off. He was worried. Not only for his aunt but for Cassie as well.

But there was woefully little he could do. He had decided to wait it out. Surely Cassie would show herself in due time. And with that thought reassuring him, he found sleep until the morning.

He had been deep asleep when something woke him up. A loud thud against the front door. He fought his way out from beneath the covers, quickly threw on some pants and a shirt and made his hurried way down.

But he wasn’t the first one to get to the door. While Gerald was getting out of the bed a Pheramosa had already made its way to the door, opening it with grace and poise. Though it did not speak a human language, the sounds it made were clearly questioning why was at the door this early in the morning.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
This vessel is a lie, a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 22:03:46 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calpurnia"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
When the Pheramosa opened the door, there was a flash of irritation in her eyes. Right now, her playful cougar aesthetic has been subverted by an angry tiger mother. It did not help that she disliked Pokemon on principle, and this toothpick had decided to put itself in her path.
[break][break]

Typically, Kelpie was a graceful woman, above physical violence.”Hmph.” But today was far from normal. With a sneer, the scientist moved to shove the Pheramosa aside, not caring where its face ended up. “Move!” Her voice is loud—another thing that’s out of character. Especially with her niece likely sleeping just through the walls next door. “I don’t have time to play with you!” Every moment she stood here was another step she fell behind.
[break][break]

Purrseus was not an apologizing sot. The idea of doing so gave him indigestion. But even he spared the Ultra Beast an empathetic look as he moved to scuttle past it. Calpurnia’s voice raises again. “Get your ungrateful ass up, Gerry!” Her lips taste of frustrated salt. “We need to go. Now.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Ain't nobody got time for that. [break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calpurnia]--accent:#D6579D;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calpurnia]font:11px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var[/div](--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calpurnia .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 15:04:57 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Surprise allowed the Pheramosa to be pushed aside by the irate cougar. The only reason it did not fight back afterwards was the empathetic look from Purrseus and the words that the trainer spoke.

Instead of wasting time replying verbally he simply threw on what clothes he had lying around, including his trainer belt and hurried down. He recognized the need for urgency as his aunt’s voice wasn’t composed of its usual controlled charm.

And as he came down and saw the Pheramosa, which by now had regained composure, he quickly spoke. “Phera, I’ll be heading out. You are in charge of Anna’s safety. Got it?” The young girl was still sleeping heavily.

Turning his attention to Calpurnia. “Do you have a lead on her or at least somewhere to start?” Gerald asked, his voice turning to rely on the rocket professionalism he usually displayed during work. If his Aunt was here and behaving like this, he figured this was serious, no time to mess around.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights