twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fallen
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 8:53:11 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

clouded by soot that continues to fall even days after the incident, alexander trudges through the grass at the base of the volcano. it doesn't take him long to run into someone familiar.[break][break]

"elite four connors."[break][break]

the curve of his lips attempts to disarm the man as he makes his approach, understanding how on edge people seem to be these days. for good reason, all things considered, given the hit the region just took.[break][break]

"i almost didn't recognize you. you look…different. well, but different. new skincare routine?"[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#D49736!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #D49736 } .alex b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex i { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,058 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
fallen
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 22:33:33 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]A voice piques Greyson's interest and, with a furrowed brow of confusion, he turns to face it.

Realization dawns and the sharp lines of his brow settles.

"Alexander." The former champion—once dead, now alive, much like —seemed no worse for wear despite. "What brings you out here?"

The soft, malliable earth at his feet shifts and a head pokes up from his DUG hole— a Garchomp. It blinks, initially curious, before falling back beneath the lip of the hole, disappearing.
[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fallen
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 4:03:36 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

no small talk, no pleasantries, they cut straight to business which he appreciates despite the slight surprise that takes him. he's not known greyson for long, or even personally, but from what he's heard of the man, they've grown a great amount in a short period of time.[break][break]

such is to be expected when living in hoenn.[break][break]

"for the same reasons as you, i imagine."[break][break]

he says, peering at the garchomp briefly.[break][break]

"for kyle," even if he knows the top champion isn't here, "and to take in the calamity that nearly struck us."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #D49736 } .alex b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex i { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,058 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
fallen
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 11:53:35 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Something tugs at the back of his mind as Alexander speaks, but he suppresses it—paranoia would keep you alive, but when you began doubting everyone around you, what was the point?

He gives a nod of acquiesce.

"Impressive, isn't it?" He turns to regard the devastation, and repair efforts underway to correct it. "One man left unchecked did this. Tell me, do you think this was preventable?"

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fallen
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 9:43:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

impressive isn't what he would use to describe the aftermath of the incident but the immense effort that has gone into reparing the destruction. in a few weeks, it would have been as though nothing had ever happened, save for the muted DROUGHTS.[break][break]

"well, hindsight is everything."[break][break]

he gives a nod of acquiesce in return.[break][break]

"how would you have prevented it?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,058 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
fallen
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 12:43:49 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"I hate phrases like that." He says, frowning. "Hindsight is everything. Perception is reality. They're just excuses."

Realization kicks and he offers Alex a somber smile.

"No offense."

He sighs, teeth grinding.

"There were signs he was unstable. You'd have to be blind not to see that." He wasn't privy to the conversations of Councilmen and women, of course. "So that leaves me with two conclusions. Either leadership doesn't know, which would in turn question their competence. Or-"

The more likely option...

"-They simply thought the reward would outweighs the risk."

A pause.

"I'm not politician, but I'd be interested in your thoughts."

[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#cec8ef;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fallen
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 10:11:13 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"none taken."[break][break]

even if he hates them just as much, he knows they have their use.[break][break]

"i cannot speak on their behalf, of course, but from my perspective, there were many aspects to consider."[break][break]

he considers his words carefully.[break][break]

" is a decorated war hero who spent his life opposing team rocket. even after kanto fell, he stayed to ensure its citizens made it out safely. then, he moved to hoenn to continue the fight here, and since his arrival, he has been involved in every major incident, continuing to cement his reputation as someone who fights for the people.[break][break]

"on the other hand, , as you said, is unstable. he is a wild card who has burnt more bridges than anyone else. he routinely positions himself against his colleagues, his allies, and he does what he wants because he knows the value he brings; the power he possesses.[break][break]

"with the public scrutinizing your every move, with team rocket prepared to weaponize any of your mistakes against you, tell me, what would you have done?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,058 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
fallen
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 16:57:23 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"How very politically correct of you Mr. Stone." Greyson offers the former Champion a small, amused smile.

"I don't know." He answers honestly, leveling his gaze with Alex's. He wasn't infallible, nor was he afraid to admit as such.

"We're only human and, had I not known the man, I would even sympathize. But—" He gives credence to Alexander's point, but still, he shakes his head. "—That's the world we live in. Matias has done more than nearly anyone else I can think of, but we can't afford to make mistakes, much less one of that caliber."

A question lingers on his tongue and Greyson decides to embrace it.

"Do you miss being Champion?"

[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#cec8ef;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights