weary woods [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 16:20:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango haoyu"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      haoyu was not as spry as he once was, so it was difficult to keep up with his energetic grookey. she was having the time of her life jumping between trees above him.[break][break]

and then haoyu heard a loud crash.[break][break]

that didn't sound like normal activity for the woods, even if he had claimed lilycove as his home and was less familiar with petalburg. grookey looked to him inquisitively, and he nodded. "let's go see." his pokemon stayed far closer to him as they chased the noise, protective.[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".haoyu"] --accent:#52b788!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,905 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 23:58:17 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
A large shockwave raced above Haoyu's head as the deafening noise reached his ears. It would be high enough above him that he was in no danger of being knocked down, but could feel some of the moving air inside it. Were he to turn his head toward the shockwave, he would see a most unusual sight: a Venusaur that towered over most of her kind, well over the height of a one-story building.

The Venusaur also had an unusual, green glow surrounding her entire frame, though it was most intense at the giant vines extending from the base of her flower. There was a silhouette at the end of one of the vines, colors blocked out by the late afternoon sun casting a shadow. Were Haoyu to get closer, he would be able to see what the silhouette on the end of the vine was.

It was a girl, dressed in a Venusaur-themed Sygna Suit, sitting atop the thick pod at the end of the vine like one would ride a Pokémon. And she looked way too joyful after such a terrifying crash rumbled through the wide-open, grassy Petalburg Plateau. Not far from the Venusaur was a Type: Null who looked worried about the exertion her trainer was putting herself through.

@haoyu

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saria         Venusaur       Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 16:20:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      his eyes must have deceived him.[break][break]

was there really a woman sitting at the end of a vine, balanced and unafraid?[break][break]

he couldn't make out her expression, but the body language was clear. she didn't seem to be fighting with the venusaur at all. still, he felt obligated, "hey! miss, are you alright?" he stepped into the clearing tentatively, aware the venusaur had great destructive power at its size. grookey landed beside him and stood between him and the pokemon in case anything were to happen; her energetic self was now still as a statue as she stared down the other grass-type.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,905 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 3:34:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin huffed as she came down from the Infinity Energy high, though some still flowed between her and her Venusaur. It manifested as a faint, green slow, most concentrated on Shalin and the vine she was seated atop. "I'm alright!" she replied. "Her Vine Whip can get a little loud sometimes is all!" Was she implying she had been a passenger on the end of her Venusaur's Vine Whip attack? It may have been too ludicrous for Haoyu to consider.

She had slid so far back that she couldn't even reach its tip. Patting the vine gently, Shalin coaxed her Venusaur into swinging it so that she would slide down it and back onto its thick tip. The sliding motion looked as quick as the steepest water slides in Slateport's most well-known water park. "Captain Shalin Nariya, Hoenn's wildest Pokémon rider," she introduced to herself. "You... kind of stumbled into my back yard, which is impressive on its own. What brings you out to this neck of Petalburg Woods?" she asked, the Type: Null a little more relaxed now.

@haoyu

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 20:38:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      words failed him at first. what he saw was impossible. balancing on a thick vine during a vine whip was...[break][break]

ah, but she asked a question. "i wanted to walk through the woods to get my dear grookey some time outside. of course, i heard from a colleague in lilycove that there used to be a blight in this woods."[break][break]

he looked around pointedly. "i work in environmental forensics, though i really just consult these days. my time is spent at the fire department more often. ah, but that's not what you asked about. i thought i would see how petalburg is holding up. i wasn't expecting to see something so, ah, inconceivable. how is it that you can work with your pokemon like this?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,905 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 2:07:19 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was innocent enough of a reason; Haoyu's presence was coincidence. Even so, the plateau was not easy to get to from the main road connecting Petalburg and Rustboro. Her expression soured slightly upon the mention of the damage had done to her home, making so many of her Pokémon sick. "Don't remind me..." she trailed off, the vine giving Shalin a small flick that jerked her back and forth. The thrilling motion restored the smile upon her face.

"Since then, it's mostly recovered," Shalin answered, Saria extending her vine so that the Captain and guest were within normal talking distance of one another. It would also give Haoyu a closer look at how she held onto the vine. It looked like a well-practiced technique. Even so, during the attack, an object like Venusaur's vine moved so fast as to cut like a sword. And she rode this thing?

"It's my Sygna Suit," she gestured toward the Venusaur-themed suit she wore. "Saria and I have perfected our bond to the point where this is possible. I've got another one in me if you want to see -- just cover your ears!" she teased as a saddle-wearing Shiny Beedrill buzzed and bobbed not too far from them.

@haoyu

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 17:07:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      her utter comfort around her pokemon was clear.[break][break]

"i've never seen this before. i've had a long time with my team of pokemon, but this looks more complicated than just a strong bond. who made this sygna suit?" he blanched as she brought a beedrill over.[break][break]

his hearing wasn't the greatest, but he wasn't sure he could handle losing what he had left. "maybe save the beedrill for when we're at a greater distance," he commented nervously, though grookey ran towards the beedrill with excitement, moving her sticks together to make a percussion to compliment the buzz of it already.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,905 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 22:15:08 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin froze for a bit when she was asked the question. Her Sygna Suit was a special product created by League scientists, from one of the earlier waves of Sygna Suits produced. "...Sygna Suits in general are produced by scientists with specialties in Infinity Energy, from what I understand," she replied, "but I'm under NDA for my specific suit. Otherwise I'd tell you."

Shalin waved her hand toward the Beedrill and the ground, the Shiny insect getting the hint and landing, silencing her wings. Haoyu could now more clearly see the scale of the Pokémon. Wearing a saddle and reins like a horse Pokémon, the creature was a true anomaly. Just who would willingly sit between two wings producing such a noisy buzz?

As Queen Zing extended the flat of her foreleg sting to greet the Grookey, Shalin's Venusaur drew her vine back and began flinging it in circles, much like a pendulum-style carnival ride. The faint, green glow of Infinity Energy grew brighter as the vine accelerated.

All of a sudden, Saria swiveled back and forth once on her four legs, sending a giant pulse down the vine!

@haoyu

{PC: 4}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 16:44:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      an NDA? that only made him more curious. "i see. i will have to reach out to some league contacts about the inner workings. my background won't be applied so easily to such delicate work, but i am impressed that the energy can be harnessed so well."[break][break]

he wondered if the exposure to infinity energy could make one sick. she certainly didn't seem ill, though he did need to ask himself if exposure impacted decision-making. as the venusaur wielded energy and momentum and sheer strength, he couldn't help but worry for the woman's safety.[break][break]

the large beedrill only exacerbated his concern. he looked to grookey, who seemed pleased with the bug type. somewhat quietly, he asked her - but mostly himself - "does the league make their captains take psychological evaluations?" she seemed far too confident with such dangerous maneuvers. [break][break]

he took a few steps back as the vines swung. it started to make sense why she chose a spot so far from civilization. [break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,905 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON May 22, 2024 21:24:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin took in what Haoyu was saying, but didn't respond; Infinity Energy alone wouldn't keep her seated on Saria's vine as the pulse raced toward her trainer. The rider experienced an odd sensation of being lifted upward with the pulse, yet moving backwards as a loop built up at the end of the vine. That loop became tighter and tighter until it could no longer hold itself together. When the pulse's peak reached the end of the vine, it cracked with a loud, thunder-like noise that drew the attention of many of her Pokémon on the property.

Shalin's Sygna Suit, and the Vennusaur herself, gleamed a brilliant green as the Vine Whip swung in a circle in a split second, The Captain was hooting and hollering, coming down from the Infinity Energy high needed to survive the feat she had just pulled off. Perhaps she really did need a psychological evaluation.

After all, she had just been a passenger on a whipcrack!

@haoyu

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 16:25:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      the brilliant green energy spilling out from the two of them filled the forest. the juxtaposition of unnatural energy - or, was infinity energy the most natural? - against the natural forest was stunning. still, he felt a twinge of nervousness. it felt like a sort of power that people shouldn't have access to. like trying to draw the power from a pokemon, but haoyu felt the division between people and 'mon was intentional.[break][break]

regardless, he silenced thwackey with a look as she hooted celebratorily. she liked the sight of shalin and the ride, but haoyu had no interest in trying to get his hands on a suit himself. thwackey could stay a spectator... his back hurt just watching shalin go.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,905 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 0:55:24 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Even after the supersonic lashing motion was over, Saria's vine twirled around wildly, Shalin still needing to keep her focus while the vine slowed. An unexpected flick could send her flying even at the lower speeds. Once it was mostly still, the girl exhaled, shaking from the enormous Infinity Energy discharge necessary to keep her from being flung miles away.

"And that's what a Sygna Suit is capable of!" the female chirped as she fully regained her overloaded senses. After Shalin hopped off and was a safe distance away, the Venusaur flicked her vine one more time to give a clear demonstration of just how fast it could get.

@haoyu

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 16:15:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      his knees ached as he saw her disembark. the infinity energy was interesting, but there was no way he could risk utilizing it in this manner for himself. still, he wondered how much of the process relied on natural relationships between organic organisms and infinity energy, and how much was manufactured synergy.[break][break]

"and you don't feel sick afterwards?" perhaps infinity energy prevented afflictions like vertigo, though she could also have a natural tolerance. "and do you feel exhausted?" did infinity energy prevent the tiredness that follows an adrenaline rush?[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,905 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2024 2:18:14 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin got that question so frequently; so frequently, her answer may have sounded canned and well-practiced. "Not at all! The suit keeps me safe from the harmful effects of whiplash," she answered with a giggle. It was harder to imagine more intense whiplash than being hurled around by a natural whip like the one Saria used. Much of the power behind the Sygna Suit was the perfected bond. The Infinity Energy the suit harnessed was but a conduit, the suit enabling its wearer to transcend human limits with the Pokémon it was attuned to.

She took a few deep breaths before resuming normal breathing. "Not after just one lash, typically! Two or three usually wears me out," she explained, stumbling as she turned around to whistle for another of her Pokémon. "Some Sygna Suits are advanced enough to have two sides. This side is for Venusaur, and the other is for a Flygon." Responding to her whistle was the buzzing dragon, this one geared up in full riding tack much like many of the Captain's partners.

@haoyu

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weary woods [s]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 15:21:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      the suit held an affinity for not just one pokemon but two?[break][break]

"does there have to be synergy between both pokemon your sygna suit can sync you with?" could one match with a squirtle and also a charmander? perhaps her bond with flygon and her bond with venusaur was similar, or perhaps both pokemon were familiar with each other. or did the suit really have the capacity to hold to totally separate streams of power?[break][break]

the flygon was kitted up. he couldn't imagine riding one, given how erratic their flight patterns could be. but he wasn't much a flier anyways. "i wonder what would happen if the whole world was filled with sygna suits." people would be flying off the walls, surely. "i would've loved to see one or two in alola, though. those people... they really understand harmony." he missed his time there, but it was time to do some good in hoenn.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing