awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alison
Alison Everly
THE LIES WE BELIEVE
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 17:47:00 GMT
Alison Everly Avatar
The bustle of the city had done well in patching up Alison’s heart when she had first arrived in Hoenn. The familiar streets that echoed memories of childhood outings gave her comfort in her somewhat dreary hour. But when the lights and the blur of moving bodies on streets became nauseating, she found herself retreating to the countryside.

Oldale Town was a particular favourite. It’s houses with their window boxes, the well-kept community garden, the symphony of rustling leaves that played softly in the breeze. Seating herself down on a bench, Alison took a breath she didn’t realise she was holding. Watching the towns folk potter around quietly, some replanting flowers, others simply chatting, she felt at peace.

Peace, however, was always ephemeral.

Screeching tires pulled her attention to the road. She looked over her sunglasses with a grimace, a grey van breaking to a halt. TV Mauville was written in large letters on the vehicle's body, causing Alison to pull her hat down and readjust her glasses. Please no. With a bang, a middle-aged interviewer jumped from the van’s side door, cursing under his breath. Dishevelled, he approached Alison.

“Hi Ma’am, sorry to bother you. I was wondering if you had directions to Mauville City? My driver seems to have taken a wrong.”

Keeping her eyes low, Alison pointed to a very obvious sign showing Mauville City – 5 Miles on the road ahead of them. He smiled sheepishly, embarrassed.

Ah. Thanks so much – Wait” The man paused, looking at her more squarely. Dread ran through her veins at the man’s change in expression; recognition.

“Alison? ?” his voice rose, the others in the van looking over in their direction. Some of the townsfolk’s attention turned in their direction.

“Oh my god, it is you. Holy shit. No one has managed to have a single interview with you back in Kalos since the Kalos Queen performance. This could be huge… Could you spare us a few moments – Dan! Get the camera!"

Snatching her jacket from the bench with a strained smile, she stood to leave.

“I’m busy today, sorry. Some other time.” Alison’s voice was quiet as she moved around his body. Her pathway was instantly blocked by the interviewers’ hands on her shoulders. She flinched at his touch, watching with anxiety as a small crowd began to form behind the camera the other man had pulled from the van. A chill ran down her spine.

“Move. Please. I don’t have time for this today.” Her firm tone was tinged with fear. Desperate.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break.
awards
8,071 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE LIES WE BELIEVE
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 18:33:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

?[break][break]

The name alone is enough to draw attention, and it does. Among the small group of nosy townsfolk who step out from shops or look up from watering their gardens is an unassuming gentleman whose dark shades conceal the colour of his eyes.[break][break]

He doesn't intervene, at first.[break][break]

Until the press move in like a horde of vultures circling a kill, and a Rocket underboss sees his opening.[break][break]

He steps toward the group without open aggression, turning his attention to the one who'd put his hands on Alison.[break][break]

"I believe she asked to be left alone." Though deep, Cillian's voice is soft; the voice of a man who felt no need to shout to be heard. The voice of a man who expected others to listen. "Pack up your van and clear out."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flax

Allie
She/her
APRIL 19
Vaniville Town, Kalos
Demisexual
Performer
Grunt
begging
for rain
5'11" / 180 CM height
5'11" / 180 CM height
We don't wanna face it, but we didn't make it
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alison
Alison Everly
THE LIES WE BELIEVE
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 16:12:38 GMT
Alison Everly Avatar
The crowd swarms around her, hungry eyes picking her apart as she tries to back away. With a thud, her feet hit the back of a flower bed and she curses under her breath. The man’s grip loosens as he turns to his colleagues to grab a microphone, choosing to ignore her pleas now she was cornered. She wasn’t surprised it was the reporter who was so ballsy and rude – all they wanted was the story and the profit from it. Never to really know her.

The reporter gives a thumbs up to the cameraman as he positions himself next to her. Watching as the cameraman begins a countdown with his fingers, Alison pushes the reporter’s microphone before he can speak, gritting her teeth.

“I said no. Stop. I have nothing to say,” Alison begged, “I’ll do it another day. Just–”

A low voice averts the hoard of eyes from her, heads whipping around to meet the unfamiliar figure. The cameraman pauses his recording with a grimace, the reporter peering over his shoulder. Alison follows his gaze, surpising painting her expression. Seeing the suspect, the reporter’s face contorts into a scowl.

“Who are you? Not recognising him, he scrunches his nose and waves his hand dismissively, “Doesn’t matter. We’ll leave once we’ve spoken to her. Clear off.” As quickly as the attention had been diverted, the townsfolk and media team turned back to Alison. Relentless. “Right, where were we…”

Alison’s eyes were fixed on the unfamiliar figure. On the only voice that had broken through the crowd to support her. As the reporter began to drone on, his voice slowly became white noise, she stared, pleading. Do something. Anything. Please.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,071 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE LIES WE BELIEVE
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 19:20:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian laughs, soft and humourless.[break][break]

"I don't think you really want to know."[break][break]

But they refuse to back down. Having offered the carrot, Cillian's grip tightens around the stick. It always had to be the hard way, didn't it?[break][break]

Clear off. Cillian takes off his sunglasses with a sigh.[break][break]

"Or maybe you do. Return to your homes, everyone."[break][break]

Uncertain looks are exchanged. Who was this man, to demand such a thing? Until the ILLUSION cast by his Zorua flickers and fades, and Cillian Quinn reaches for something at his belt.[break][break]

That gets some of them running.[break][break]

SHADOW MIASMA curls from his imposing figure as a luxury ball is unhooked from his belt. Delphox's DARK ROOM blinds both the camera and its operator before they can switch the feed back on.[break][break]

THUNDER WAVE fries the electronics before the darkness can be addressed.[break][break]

Calmly, as though addressing the weather, Cillian states, "You ought to leave, now."[break][break]

He does not look at the reporters even as he addresses them. His eyes are on the girl. The prize.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flax

Allie
She/her
APRIL 19
Vaniville Town, Kalos
Demisexual
Performer
Grunt
begging
for rain
5'11" / 180 CM height
5'11" / 180 CM height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alison
Alison Everly
THE LIES WE BELIEVE
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 22:23:47 GMT
Alison Everly Avatar
Chaos.

The crowd scatters in a fluster, shouting and screaming as SHADOW MIASMA took effect. Alison stands there stunned, watching as people push past one another and clamber to escape, retreating into their homes or taking to the road in fear. Heart thundering in her chest, she peers over at the figure who had caused this, the one whom she believed to be helping her. Her stomach drops as they lock eyes, his gaze determined – hungry.

God, she hoped he wasn’t after her too.

“Bastard!”

The reporter beside her shoves her shoulder as he runs forward, the cameraman dropping his equipment as the electronics fry in his hand and his vision goes dark. Blindly grabbing at the air, the reporter grasps the camera man by his arm, pulling him roughly as they stumble towards the van. With a yell, the van door slams shut and the vehicle speeds out in a cloud of dust as quickly as it had arrived.

As more and more of the crowd disperse, and the scene grows quieter, Alison's knees buckle as she squats down. Covering her face with her hands, she releases a sigh both exasperated and relieved, mumbling to herself under her breath.

“Fuck. This is the last thing I needed to happen today. Just perfect. Fucking - Fuck!

Pulling her hands down her face, her gaze flicks over to her saviour standing across from her. She gives him a half-hearted smile.

“Thank you for doing that, as abrupt as that tactic was. I'm sorry you had to–”

Alison’s voice catches in her throat as she takes in Cillian’s appearance. He had changed from when she was last paying attention to him. The remnants of an illusion flicker in and out, revealing a face that plucks at her fight-or-flight response like an ominous bass line. Although no name springs to mind, recognition comes over her like a cold chill.

“Why do I recognise you?”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,071 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE LIES WE BELIEVE
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 18:33:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Remaining calm in the face of her distress, Cillian's gaze is unwavering in its intensity. At last, she gives him her attention. She falters halfway through, registering, and the Harbinger can guess why.[break][break]

"From the news, I'd think." He has never shied from his crimes, his infamy. "You're not the only one dealing with a... shall we call it a 'PR nightmare'?"[break][break]

His smile is a quick flash of sharp teeth, too quick to judge its sincerity. But he offers a hand to pull her to her feet, should she accept.[break][break]

"My name is Cillian Quinn. Does that help?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Flax

Allie
She/her
APRIL 19
Vaniville Town, Kalos
Demisexual
Performer
Grunt
begging
for rain
5'11" / 180 CM height
5'11" / 180 CM height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alison
Alison Everly
THE LIES WE BELIEVE
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 19:01:15 GMT
Alison Everly Avatar
“Thanks.”

Alison took his hand gingerly, her uncertain eyes dragging up and down his body as she was hoisted up. He seemed sincere enough, but she knew her gut was right to be uneasy. Even the most unassuming things could hold the deadliest poison.

And then uttered his name, and dread washed over her.

Oh. When he meant a PR nightmare, he really meant it.

“What?” her voice was laced with disbelief. Criminal was too kind a word to describe the man standing before her. She’d been warned of his proceedings as an entertainer in Kalos. Of the things he could orchestrate; of the terror he could cause with the snap of a finger. She wanted to believe none of it was true, but she knew better than to be naïve. She knew he was dangerous.

And yet, he had helped her?

“Sorry. Let me guess this straight. I’m to believe that Cillian Quinn happened to be waltzing around Oldale Town, and decided to lend me a helping hand?” Her laugh was dry, humourless. “Right. Do you want to tell me your actual name now, or?”

While her words were mocking, a nervousness was evident in her tone. With every bit of strength she could muster, she tried not to back away. She feared she had been thrown from one viper's den to another.

She knew it was him, and she didn’t know what to do.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,071 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE LIES WE BELIEVE
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 22:20:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He supposes shock and disbelief is to be expected. This was hardly the expected haunt of a known terrorist, after all.
[break][break]
"Bold of you to mock me. Foolish, too."
[break][break]
People did the strangest things when they were afraid.
[break][break]
His fingers curl around a pokeball at his belt, but he is slow in the action. Too slow for it to be one of aggressive intent, his posture remaining relaxed.
[break][break]
"I'd introduce you to my patron, but I don't think she'd appreciate being treated like a carnival sideshow. Perhaps one of the others will do, hm?"
[break][break]
Aside from his dark patron, the DHELMISE used by the underboss was perhaps his most well-known. Its blood red seaweed was as unmistakable as the malice that radiates from it.
[break][break]
It turns its 'eye' upon her, watching.
[break][break]
He recalls the ZORUA, so she can't dismiss it as mere illusion.
[break][break]
"I call it Eurydice."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights