He/Him
March 7
Cianwood City
Pansexual
Forensic Scientist/Asst. Chief
Officer
6'3 height
6'3 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
65 posts
haoyu tso DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @haoyu
haoyu tso
ULTRA CRATER: SH #2
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 19:53:34 GMT
haoyu tso Avatar

19 involve a geyser or volcanic eruption in some pivotal way.
21 involve deadly, incendiary gas from celesteela that can suffocate or burn down stretches of land/flora/you and your pokemon.
23 involve the classic trope of running/fleeing through a bamboo forest/fields.
24 involve themes of romance, loss, or forgetfulness in some way. this can manifest in geyser steam, gas or plants that can evoke emotions.

for saskia:
🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: your character(s) will be able to capture a CELESTEELA or KARTANA during this expedition. they may consider capturing an infantile celesteela or more a docile kartana; however, catching one may incur the wrath of more mature ultra beasts in the realm and cause multiple earthquakes, eruptions, or celesteela launches toward your location.[break][break]

Instead of an ULTRA BEAST, they may encounter and catch a ZARUDE that has wandered into this rift from Hoenn instead.
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

He/Him
March 7
Cianwood City
Pansexual
Officer
6'3 height
6'3 height
awards
65 posts
haoyu tso DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @haoyu
haoyu tso
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 19:58:49 GMT
haoyu tso Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango haoyu"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      haoyu was more emotionally prepared this time around to see tapu bulu, though he was confident the deity would not test them twice. coming to the crater a second time gave him a better opportunity to focus on the observations he wanted to make about how nature flourished here rather than focusing on survival. he was ever grateful for his ranger security.[break][break]

"back in my day," he began as they approached a lone celsteela in the middle of a bamboo clearing, "we had to have a professor's permission to explore areas with destructive pokemon." his johto days were long past, but he longed for them anyways.[break][break]

"you kids get to just go off willy-nilly because the world is your cloyster." he shook his head, tsk'ing at the state of things, though he crinkled his nose at the smell of some odd gas. was there a natural leak in the earth? such could occur where geysers formed, but... he didn't suspect the bamboo forest to have one of these.[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".haoyu"] --accent:#52b788!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
226 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 21:49:24 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
kirin is getting really good at navigating around the ultra crater. saskia is convinced the deer has a little map in her head because she always seems to know which direction they need to walk in. 

sasky also thinks haoyu is very funny. she likes old people. like that one lady whose farm she helped out on with that other ranger guy. old people like to talk about the good old days and haoyu, it seems, is no different.

she drapes herself over kirin's front. the wyrdeer snorts at sasky's insistence on riding instead of walking alongside their companion. but her feet hurt!

"now we can yeet ourselves into caves filled with blood-thirsty monsters! what a time to be alive!" there is absolutely no sarcasm in her voice. she grins from ear to ear. 

at the first scent of gas, kirin startles, braying and shoving her head into haoyu's back.

"oh! oh, gods. i've seen this before. um, careful where you step, sir. some of these spots can - " and a baby celesteela rolls over on its side, right onto some loose earth that immediately erupts to their right.

19 involve a geyser or volcanic eruption in some pivotal way.
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

He/Him
March 7
Cianwood City
Pansexual
Officer
6'3 height
6'3 height
awards
65 posts
haoyu tso DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @haoyu
haoyu tso
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 15:09:31 GMT
haoyu tso Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      "blood thirsty?" he echoed with uncertainty. what the hell were they putting those poor rangers through? maybe these kids were facing demons unknown to him after all.[break][break]

he flinched back, following saskia's instructions to keep some distance as the celsteela shot into the air from a geyser exploding beneath it. the celsteela slowly reacted, launching itself further into the air, but its gases were already filling the air.[break][break]

the sparse bamboo in the crater - growing through the cracks miraculously - wilt from the co2 emissions. "we need to run," he observed, well aware of the disastrous impact of celsteela gases; an unusual appearance of one in alola had ended up burning dozens of acres in a near-instance. "there!" he pointed at the entrance to the bamboo fields. "we'll know how far the gas has traveled by the wilting bamboo, but we need to get there before it suffocates us, too." [break][break]
[break][break]
21 involve deadly, incendiary gas from celesteela that can suffocate or burn down stretches of land/flora/you and your pokemon.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
226 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 1:48:39 GMT
she's kind of proud of herself. it helps that haoyu has a soothing voice and that he speaks with a lot of calm certainty, but still, she's very proud she doesn't freak out. she even takes the time to nod very tersely and remember that kirin can carry two people.

it's a tight squeeze, but it's doable, so they get out of there lickity split, with only minor worrisome coughing. 

the bamboo thins, but the stalks they pass by are in much better condition. only when kirin is breathing heavily and struggling under their weight does sasky pat her side and dismount with a grunt. 

"we're getting really good at this! can you believe i almost, like, died out here once? to a flesh-eating plant? oh - those plants, actually!"

23 involve the classic trope of running/fleeing through a bamboo forest/fields.
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

He/Him
March 7
Cianwood City
Pansexual
Officer
6'3 height
6'3 height
awards
65 posts
haoyu tso DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @haoyu
haoyu tso
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 15:20:32 GMT
haoyu tso Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      he isn't sure if its the frequency or the nonchalance of her references to mortality that sends a chill down his spine, but it makes him freeze up her wyrdeer's back. "flesh-eating plants..." when her wyrdeer slows, he dismounts, getting stupidly close to the flora.[break][break]

"i wouldn't expect this kind of thing in a bamboo forest." still, hoenn has lots of oddities. its petalburg woods is filled with unusual markings and developments in the flora because of some prior blight. he thinks he could've produced great doctoral research if he'd moved to hoenn earlier to put his forensic skills to work on the environment.[break][break]

as it is, he flinches away from the plant as it seems to dip towards him. the wind, or an instinct? "something about this forest is strange." more than its proximity to gigantic celsteela, there's an odd ambience. "do you think there's a different gas here, perhaps?" he can't help but feel nervous about it. this would be a stupid place to be rendered unconscious with the sharp, sword-wielding pokemon that frequent the area.[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
226 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 21:07:53 GMT
"i have learned with hoenn, one must expect the unexpected." she dips her head like some wizened sage and kirin nickers, snurfling her hair. sasky giggles and pushes her snout away, taking care to avoid the flesh-eating plants. 

her friend seems to like to get close to the things she points out are dangerous, so she opts not to tell him about them anymore.

"um, maybe? to be honest, i've never spent a lot of time in the bamboo. the kartana are really cute, but...they're kinda mean."
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

He/Him
March 7
Cianwood City
Pansexual
Officer
6'3 height
6'3 height
awards
65 posts
haoyu tso DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @haoyu
haoyu tso
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 16:14:26 GMT
haoyu tso Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      he suspected she was underselling it. hoenn was filled with oddities that he continued to uncover every day, and the strange ultra landscapes here were top of the list. [break][break]

he sees a kartana in the distance as she mentions it, but the ultra beast seems to be in place, looking into the distance without seeing. the scent of bamboo seems to be mixed with something other, perhaps mint, but he isn't familiar with much of the odd flora here. he, too, feels his mind wandering to some other ideas. he forgets why they're there until the kartana throws a blade of steel at him.[break][break]

raichu knocks it with iron tail just in time. "i think there is something gaseous here. i can't... i don't feel like i'm thinking clearly." his thoughts came like molasses. was it nostalgia impacting him or short term amnesia? the kartana started sprinting towards them. "i think we were safer by the celsteela," he confesses.[break][break]
[break][break]
24 involve themes of romance, loss, or forgetfulness in some way. this can manifest in geyser steam, gas or plants that can evoke emotions.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
226 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 21:50:40 GMT
maybe she's misremembering the kartana. there are glimpses of them in the bamboo, their weird scritchy-scratchy voices all about as an ever-present hum. it almost sounds like a lullaby. kirin is, oddly enough, a bit more anxious than usual. her ears flick and move downward, nostrils flare. 

"oh, are you sure? it's so nice here though," she says wistfully and extends her arms out to her sides. one of the kartana lands on an outstretched palm and she grins joyfully, saying, "see?" when a neat little red ribbon blossoms on the meat under her thumb.

pain shocks her senses and the spell is broken. the humming is louder, the kartana's murmurs more like metal on metal screeching. she yells, too, and kirin's pupils widen at the scent of blood.

"oh my gods, go! go, go, go!"
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

He/Him
March 7
Cianwood City
Pansexual
Officer
6'3 height
6'3 height
awards
65 posts
haoyu tso DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @haoyu
haoyu tso
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 23:19:57 GMT
haoyu tso Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      saskia seems so aligned with nature as she holds out her hands and one kartana flutters to her palm like a bird to a fountain.[break][break]

and then he sees the blood.[break][break]

the ambient humming of the environment becomes a death siren. "yep, yep, we're going!" he releases his trusty cramorant which scoops up kartana in its gullet and shoots them out at incoming kartana with hydro pump, weaponizing their kin in his craw.[break][break]

"next time, let's bring more protective equipment," he huffs as they scurry from the scene. raichu generates repeated light screens to cover their escape.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
226 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 15:53:35 GMT
haoyu is quick on the draw, covering their escape as they blunder through the forest. oh, brother. and here she thought she was actually displaying some measure of confidence out here. still, kirin does her best to use psychic energy to keep the hordes off of them.

saskia doesn't notice until much later that one of the kartana, a little itty bitty baby, has suckered itself to the back of her rump like a stray piece of paper. 

"yeah," she says breathlessly as they carry on, "next time."

6th expedition! saskia catches kartana
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP