kepler brueshaber
how can i cross this river [s]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 16:20:59 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]
He slides along the metallic corridors like the horseman of pestilence, pale visage reflected in hammered steel walls. The bags under his eyes are more akin to the endless void one stares into, though his are only accessible via mirror.
[break][break]
He pauses outside her door, head lolling to the side. Some sort of feverish panic crawls across his skin, breaking him out in slight sweat, but whether it’s the face he’s once again made uncomfortable by socialization, or the constant threat of impending doom, he doesn’t really know.
[break][break]
How quickly we unlearn two years of progress when the other half of your heart is ripped out and cast away.
[break][break]
Before, he would have come bearing coffee and treats, and piles of research to be offered, sanctified script to be torn asunder on whatever alter he was beseeching. But now, after so long being run into the ground of his own anxieties and failures and singular loneliness, all he has is his own skin and bone. And barely much of that.
[break][break]
His footsteps are quiet, hidden under the squeaking of hinges needing oiling.
[break][break]
“Knock, knock, Batman,” he calls, almost jumping at the sound of his own voice. “I have a riddle for you.”
[break][break]
They would know each other, of course, as contemporaries of Rocket science, though working, previously, on different projects. They would have spoken in passing, and been on a first-name basis, if by the skin of their teeth. They aren't, certainly, familiar enough for such a callous greeting, especially after whatever hell Dr. Sato has just gone through.
[break][break]
But if she wants a superhero moniker she's going to get the superhero greeting from the villain.

notes[break]

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

[newclass=.mit]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mittag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #876c7c; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mitpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 18:58:44 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest9"]
[attr="class","body"]

His proposal is answered with a pop![break][break]
A shiny blue Unown-K appears in front of the door, its singular, unblinking eyes staring directly at Kepler, expression about as enigmatic as one might expect of a symbol-shaped Pokemon. After a moment of brief scrutiny, it disappears again - and then the door cracks open, and a pleasant voice calls out, "Come in!"[break][break]
If he enters, he will see her: the prophetess at her altar, or perhaps, simply a young woman drowning in paperwork. She's been neglecting it lately: lab results, reports, and proposals in need of a Head Scientist's stamp of approval. At the corner of the desk, the glint of the METENO DEOXYS CORE can be seen, still coated in a thick layer of ice.[break][break]
"Well, let's have it," crimson eyes flick up to meet his, intense but not unwelcoming. If anything, there is a spark of amusement. "The riddle."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9"]--accent:#d7eeff;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
sum of all and by them driven
awards
541 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 15:38:11 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]
Kepler’s secret, cap, is that he’s always running at veritable collapse levels of anxiety. It’s hard to startle when you’re perpetually startled. So when the Unown-K manifests in front of his face, he pauses, but he doesn’t jump, to his credit. Eventually, he thinks, he’s going to get so used to running along the knife’s edge of a cardiac event that his heart will be immune to it.
[break][break]
His eyes track over the swathes of paper scattered across her desk-- silly, to make someone with the power of a god sign inventory reports and attend to personnel requisitions. The Meteno Deoxys core-- he recognizes it, having had it, once, breathe through his fingertips-- shines in the light, little more than a slightly foreboding paperweight, at this point.
[break][break]
“What word contains twenty-six letters but only three syllables?” he asks, when he finally sets his gaze on Nomi.

notes[break]

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

[newclass=.mit]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mittag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #876c7c; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mitpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 2:13:52 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It's a good riddle, all things considered.[break][break]
"Alphabet," Nomi answers automatically, without missing a beat. "Come now, Kepler, you'll have to try a little harder if you want to stump me."[break][break]
She grins, and it feels good to smile - given all she's been through lately.[break][break]
Of course, stumping her hadn't been the point. He's here for a reason; the riddle had been nothing more than a playful greeting.[break][break]
She shoves aside the stack of papers, glad for any excuse to go back to ignoring them, and folds her hands neatly atop her desk. Crimson eyes scrutinize him, and find the sight concerning.[break][break]
He strikes her as appearing washed out, like the colors that make up his familiar visage have been drained purposefully of pigment. And are those bags under his eyes? Her brow furrows, but she would be a hypocrite for calling out another scientist for neglecting sleep.[break][break]
"What can I do for you?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
sum of all and by them driven
awards
541 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 22:29:55 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]
If he’d had a sense of humor he’d have snorted at the quickness of her answer, but it’s just another piece of him that went somewhere he could not go, or could no longer find. Maybe it was dead, too.
[break][break]
He ignores her question, for the moment.
[break][break]
“How are you feeling?” he asks, moreso to sate the tongue of his own curiosity at her unfortunate kidnap escapades than out of a genuine concern for her wellbeing. Though, if he was going to use her-- either as a tool, a means to an end, or as an ally-- he supposed it was in his better interests to make sure she wasn’t keeling over dead, or going insane.
[break][break]
Not that they weren’t all already there, but.

notes[break]

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 1:15:21 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Her smile falters. Begins to tear at the seams. She doesn't frown, but her expression clouds over. She furrows her brow, remembering, then, that she'd recently escaped a prison that had tried its absolute best to kill her.[break][break]
"I feel - " - like I died a hundred times, a hundred different ways, each one more horrific than the last - " - okay."[break][break]
She sucks in a breath, sighs it out nice and slow. It's true: she's okay enough to function. She's okay, because there's really no other choice. To crumble now would be to abandon their world to whatever fate the DRK Triad has planned for it. To fall apart, right before the end? It's not viable. It's not a hypothesis she's willing to test.[break][break]
"Have you ever felt truly helpless, Kepler?" The question tumbles through her lips. "Brought lower than you could ever imagine, by your own weakness?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS