TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 0:01:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
she carried a dim light as they approached one of the abandoned powered stations. its walls were only vaguely familiar from her first exploration, but enough to be sure she’d found the right one. as they entered, lightning rained down from tumultuous clouds outside, echoing through the interior and bouncing off dead metal. [break][break]

a poipole floated in beside her, eyes glowing blue through the dark. the ultra beast took in the aftermath of mechanical carnage around them, more quiet than usual.[break][break]

”you seem on edge, penrose. not a fan of storms?”[break][break]

with its bizarre, multitone voice it gave a quiet 'poi', barely a response at all. it was focused more on their staticky surroundings.[break][break]

the interior was intimidating to navigate alone, but she’d needed some time away to think after a week in a prison she hadn’t been sure she’d make it out of. that vision of deep space still twinkled in her mind, distracting her further.[break][break]

they stopped not far in, so she could study a map that did little to help her determine where they were.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]mission: into the wild[break]
[break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
2,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 9:15:08 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Ultra Plant. That world was unfamiliar. When not ravaged by thunderstorms, it was steeped in darkness much like Lesser Megalopolis, but unlike the latter, there were no signs of civilization save for the few abandoned power stations scattered about.

One such station became the starting point of Andrea’s exploration, but she was decidedly not the only human in the vicinity. Someone had arrived before her; a woman with a Poipole.

“Ms. Lulu!” The draconic cosplayer jovially waved. Her own companion for the trip was an Illumina Slowking whose peculiar, luminescent markings lit up the dingy interior.

“Fancy meeting you here! Are you on an adventure? Can I help?” The dragon lover exuded a positivity that almost felt forced, unlike their past encounters, when she had effortlessly been a ray of sunshine.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,708 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 15:39:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
that voice was so familiar by now that she did not need to look to know who it was. instead, she watched the glow of pink across the walls for a startled moment before turning in her direction.[break][break]

only an illumina slowking beside her – not that it wasn’t impressive.[break][break]

”andrea.”[break][break]

not dragon girl. andrea, the one with the ogre with the menacing kick. lulu could still feel the bruises, faintly, despite their healing since their alien prison.[break][break]

the map lowered in her hand half-folded, as her poipole gave a friendly wave to both trainer and pokemon. though her task for the day remained a goal, her attention shifted onto another opportunity.[break][break]

”sure, why not. are you familiar with this station?"[break][break]

she didn't bother to ask why andrea was there.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 19:40:10 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
She remembered her name! Andrea’s eyes sparkled like Dragon Tera Crystals. Their friendship (that only existed in her head) was blooming into something beautiful.

The young PokéManiac reciprocated the tiny Ultra Beast’s wave, while the pink blubber sitting next to her followed suit with a delayed “Sloooooooow.”

“This station? I know nothing about it. I’ve never been here before.” Andrea casually replied to the Rocket scientist’s inquiry. “Is there something special about it? Maybe we could bring the power back with an Electric-type move.” She proposed, always thinking outside the box.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,708 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 17:16:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
delighted that the wave was returned, penrose drifted closer with a grin, giggling at the slowking’s much more sedate greeting. arriving near them, it would seem particularly interested in the beautiful shellder’s gem atop the king’s head.[break][break]

andrea’s response was a little disappointing, but her presence was hardly useless, especially now.[break][break]

”perhaps. or, we could try the electirizer i brought along.” she gestured to the backpack on her shoulders, which carried that and a few tools, among other smaller instruments.[break][break]

”as far as this place being ‘special’, i would say yes. it’s full of mystery, beyond our world. a scientist like me finds that very special.” she paused, and then decided to pose the question she hadn't before. "what brings you here?"[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 17:52:55 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Bronson the Slowking was so insanely chill, he didn’t mind the tiny Ultra Beast getting close and personal. His royal gem was brighter than most of his species, perhaps due to his shininess or the Illumina phenomenon itself.

“I’m something of a scientist myself! I’ve been working on a research paper recently that’s turning out pretty good!” The eccentric trainer pridefully stated. “That’s unrelated to me being here, though. I just wanted a nice adventure to help take my mind off… things.”

Namely the trauma of being incarcerated, humiliated, and tortured.

“W-we could use both your thingamajig AND an Electric move! Yay, teamwork!” She hastily changed the subject, before sending out an Iron Jugulis that looked like the robotic twin of her signature Hydreigon. “Ready when you are, Ms. Lulu!”
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,708 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 0:57:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
she quirked a brow about the research paper, but the topic passed too quickly. she neither interrupted, nor pried about the things andrea claimed to be taking her mind off, guessing she knew already.[break][break]

”fair enough.”[break][break]

to accept andrea’s suggestion was to jeopardize her mission, but if they blew something up, it would be no great loss. the power stations were abundant. there was only one dragon girl – and to her knowledge, only one oger pokemon.[break][break]

”there’s a plan,” she approved easily, following her poipole closer through the dark, though hesitating slightly at the release of the iron jugulis.[break][break]

”the paradox pokemon are such interesting creatures. where’d you find it?” [break][break]

as she asked, she moved past andrea, waving for her to follow deeper into the station.[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 10:42:09 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“I caught Mecha-Chomper last year, when a bunch of those paradoxes spawned in the Ultra Sea.” The dragon maiden explained, but her face fell upon remembering she and Lulu had also crossed paths there when she had thwarted the latter’s attempt to kidnap .

With a hum of its futuristic engine, Chomper’s mechanical counterpart generated an Electric Terrain around itself. Phosphorescent, magenta fluids flowed through parts of its metallic body as its Quark Drive was activated.

Despite being a Water type, Bronson seemed unbothered by the crackling electricity, simply trudging along with the rest of the group. The Slowking used its Spotlight move to further illuminate the room.

“Who built this station anyway?” Asked Andrea. “It doesn’t look like any of the power stations back in Hoenn. Could the Megalopolans have built it?” She pondered aloud, knowing how those blue-skinned aliens had left their distinct fingerprints all throughout Ultra Space.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,708 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 23:56:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
andrea always had interesting names for her pokemon. lulu hardly blinked at it, and, too distracted by her own curiosity, did not share the cosplayer’s momentary recollection.[break][break]

”ah. more tera crystals have been forming there. we may see many more paradox pokemon come from that rift.” however, curiously, the crystals had taken on poisonous properties.[break][break]

they continued deeper into the station, an odd collection of a party, casting pink over the internal destruction. sliced, fraying cords and dead machines all around.[break][break]

“yes. at least, we think so, by the look of the technology,” she answered. we was implied to be rocket’s science division. ”but the xurkitree seem to have taken over this world. i suspect they weren’t always here, or if they were, they were not always so destructive. it could be why they felt they needed our pokemon, instead.”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 10:32:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The place looked extremely run-down. No amount of electricity could reanimate those dead machines. In some ways, it reminded Andrea of the interiors of the Angelum Lucis and the Quaestor Lucis, hence why she’d made the Megalopolan connection.

“Do you think we could maybe use their technology? Or recreate it? Imagine if we could travel to any universe we wanted, or change our appearance to suit our wishes.” The self-proclaimed scientist mused.

At the mention of their cloned Pokémon, the girl got more wistful. “I hope they’ve been treating our Pokémon well at least…” She could picture Chomper’s twin brother having a blast fighting hostile Ultra Beasts in the alien city. The thought was bittersweet.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,708 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 3:39:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
”that would be something.” andrea’s idea of using megalopolan technology to alter their features made her think briefly of . ”while i’m unsure if their altered shiny machines work the same way on humans, we’re able to use at least some of their technology.”[break][break]

rocket’s researchers had made progress in the wilds, though not enough to travel to other worlds yet, much less take them over. one day.[break][break]

the thought of her cloned houndoom being treated poorly drew a sour look across her face, and she threatened vaguely, ”they better be.”[break][break]

around the shady corner, a door hung open on a hinge, dented and forced open by a massive cord. she poked around it, the glow of her flashlight spread across the dark room, revealing dead screens, keyboards and frayed wiring.[break][break]

”ah, good. the control room. this’ll be the best place to start.” after stepping over the presumably dead xurkitree’s cord, she slid off her bag and proceeded to inspect the damage. ”how good are you with electronics?”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
dark grid
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 9:16:52 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea almost tripped over the massive cord. She held onto Bronson’s stalwart, brotherly frame for support. The inside of this new room was lit up by the Illumina Slowking’s bioluminescence as well as Mecha-Chomper’s Electric Terrain.

“Uuuh… I sometimes play video games. Does that count as being good with electronics?” The girl meekly responded to the Rocket scientist, while staring at the destroyed mainframe with a puzzled expression.

“Maybe we could jump-start it with an Electric move?” The eccentric trainer suggested, going back to her original plan. Her suggestion was followed by another curious inquiry. “By the way, what kind of Megalopolan technology have we been able to use?”
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,708 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dark grid
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 23:50:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
”not necessarily, no.” [break][break]

after angling her flashlight on a mess of wires, she pulled a tool from her bag. there was a series of sharp snapping sounds as she went to work, clipping, stripping, reconnecting.[break][break]

”we can try a pokemon. we’ll just need to find the main power input first.”[break][break]

the sounds of her work stopped briefly at andrea’s question, then. she realized it was better not to share too much. ”their weapons, for one. during the invasion, they brought stun batons.”[break][break]

”do you see a breaker panel anywhere?”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
dark grid
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 16:54:52 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Lulu’s answer surprised the young PokéManiac. “Stun batons? That doesn’t sound very technological. Besides, aren’t human weapons kinda useless when Pokémon exist?”

Then again, Megalopolans did not have any Pokémon barring the occasional Poipole. No wonder they needed an entire clone army in order to reclaim their city.

The Rocket scientist looked for a breaker panel, and the wisest of Slowking was kind enough to point at it. “That looks like a panel alright! Good job, Bronson!”

“Sloooooooooow.”

With the panel found, Andrea turned to the older woman. “How can I help you? Want me to put the thingamajig into the whatchamacallit?” She asked, awaiting instructions.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,708 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dark grid
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 19:36:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
no, it didn’t sound very technological, but it was the best answer andrea was going to get from her.[break][break]

as for the uselessness of human weapons, lulu shook her head. ”hardly. human weapons adapt and evolve quicker than pokemon. each have their place.”[break][break]

disconnecting the last of the frayed wires before continuing, she instructed on the breaker panel, ”can you open it? we’ll want every switch in the ‘off’ position.”[break][break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing