Aris van der Veld
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 15:32:51 GMT
Aris van der Veld Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]let the glimmer hide the dull

[attr="class","setting"]

It's time for another round around the club. Aris has made it a rule for himself to show his face and interact with the patrons to maintain a friendly demeanour for the public, just to avoid any rumours of the club's owner being too suspicious or mysterious.[break][break]

He exits the office and makes his way downstairs, past the kitchen and out of the STAFF ONLY area. He surveys the establishment; it's busy enough to call it a successful night, but not enough to call it crowded. With a charming smile adorning his lips and his eevee perched happily on his shoulder, Aris walks over to the nearest end of the bar and approaches the woman sitting there.[break][break]

"Welcome to Icarus, ma'am. I hope you're having a good time so far," he greets with a clear, ringing voice, leaning against the counter with his elbows and resting his cheek on his hand. The eevee chirps at the sudden change in balance and hops down onto the bar's surface.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + [break]

+ Mission Link

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#cda910; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/uIPTZic.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 18:11:48 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuyutemp yuinabi"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
Like punching in a dream[break]
Breathing life into the nightmare

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

A couple of weeks removed from a living and waking nightmare, Yuina was doing her best to try and return to a 'normal', even if the idea itself was laughable. She never truly had a normal, and certainly couldn't consider what a normal would look like after returning home... Especially with a new nightmare latching itself to her shadows...[break]
But the effort was there.[break][break]
Small trips, venturing out from her hiding place, taking time to spend in other locations. Some days were harder than others, the idea of leaving the city alone was difficult knowing how far removed they had been from Hoenn at a point, but... even as terrified as she was, Yuina knew she couldn't hide away forever. they could probably still find her[break][break]
So it was, an attempt at a 'normal' day, a 'normal' interaction, Yuina was meant to meet Desiree at a club of sorts in the city, just to get out. But her angel was always so busy...[break]
Yuina glanced down at the phone that rested on the counter, Desiree's message that she couldn't make it on the screen. Before she could do much else, wondering how deep the panic and paranoia was going to set in at wondering if Desiree was truly safe, Yuina blinked heavily as she heard a voice just in front of her, looking up from her phone.[break][break]
From her lap, Moroe the Zorua sat up, sniffing from the edge of the counter at the Eevee that ended up on the bartop, yellow eyes alight with intrigue.[break]
"Oh, uhm, I-," Yuina stammered first, the initial shock of being approached heavy, but... it was better than being alone... She hated to be left alone much these days...[break][break]
"I've only been here for a couple of minutes, I was going to meet a friend-- Sorry, I guess I'm taking up space..."

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[break][break]
      Mission: Putting Up A Front June '24 -> Mauville City[break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".yuinabi"]--accent: #A4DE52!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp"]--bg: #222; --accent: #D49736; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp b"]color: var(--accent); font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp i"]font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp u"]text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: var(--accent); font:bold 11px/12px 'Quattrocento Sans'; letter-spacing: 2px; c[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .postbox"]font:10px/16px 'Poppins';letter-spacing:.5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .oocnotes"]text-align:left; padding:15px 0px; color:#dddd; font:10px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 10px/10px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yuyutemp .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yuyutemp .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".yuyutemp .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".yuyutemp:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

null

He/Him
██ 27
April 4
████████ Mauville
Male-leaning Pansexual
Club Owner at Icarus
Undercover Grunt
perpetual slut era
6'3" height
6'3" height
Sipping Capri-Suns like a Dom Pérignon
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aris
Aris van der Veld
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 20:45:04 GMT
Aris van der Veld Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

What a tense woman, Aris thinks to himself. It's clear by her nervous demeanour and vested interest in her phone that a club such as this is not her typical scene. [break][break]

Aris softens his smile to something a bit warmer and waves her statement off with a nonchalant gesture. "Nonsense, there's plenty of space for you here for as long as you want," he reassures her.[break][break]

His eevee notices the zorua on the woman's lap and steps closer to cautiously sniff at the pokemon, and upon deciding that she's friendly, the eevee lets out a little yap and wags her tail excitedly.[break][break]

Aris catches a lack of refreshments in front of the woman and calls a bartender over with a flick of his finger. "Please, order what you want while you wait, and I'll gladly provide you my company, if you so wish." He straightens his posture and extends a hand towards her direction, palm open and facing sideways to initiate a handshake.[break][break]

"Ï'm Aris, I own this establishment," Aris offers with a friendly tilt of his head.[break][break]

+ Mission Link [break]

+ i need to name my pokemon omg

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#cda910; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/uIPTZic.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 22:49:20 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Trying to blink away the distant glaze that threatened her at every idle moment, Yuina looked up to whom she could assume was a bar tender then, inviting her to stay right where she was.[break]
The sounds of music, people, glasses shuffling around, just noise in general, was a nice change of pace... She could only stand the quiet for so long at present, even if she had one of her books to study or read...[break][break]
"Oh, well, I'm not waiting... Not any more. My friend had to take care of something else, so I--," Yuina thought perhaps that that was the moment she should leave, what else was she going to do there, in a place that was very much unlike a typical place she would spend her time? Go back and hide...? Try to drown herself in the pages of her memories, a wish to go back to a past that never should have belonged to her to avoid the future she never asked for?[break][break]
Moroe sniffed closer as the Eevee approached, leaning up with one paw on the counter's edge now. Her own yip is hollow, empty, but met with a glimmer in her canid yellow eyes.[break][break]
"My name is Yuina," she offered after a moment, reaching to take the offered handshake, accquanting herself with the owner of the club it seemed.[break]
"Owner? It's nice to meet you... But don't let me take up too much of your time. I probably shouldn't stay too long, this isn't really...," well what could she say that wouldn't be insulting to the owner? It really was a very nice establishment, immaculate even, it just... wasn't for her...

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[newclass=".yuyutemp"]--bg: #222; --accent: #D49736; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp b"]color: var(--accent); font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp u"]text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: var(--accent); font:bold 11px/12px 'Quattrocento Sans'; letter-spacing: 2px; c[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .postbox"]font:10px/16px 'Poppins';letter-spacing:.5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .oocnotes"]text-align:left; padding:15px 0px; color:#dddd; font:10px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 10px/10px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yuyutemp .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yuyutemp .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".yuyutemp .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".yuyutemp:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

null

He/Him
██ 27
April 4
████████ Mauville
Male-leaning Pansexual
Club Owner at Icarus
Undercover Grunt
perpetual slut era
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aris
Aris van der Veld
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 10:43:58 GMT
Aris van der Veld Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

It doesn't take much to notice the internal conflict within Yuina. It seems she hesitates with her every move, every decision being doubted before she makes it. Aris understands that a club's environment can be overwhelming to some, especially when they don't frequent such places. Aris himself had to get used to this kind of chaos when he first walked on marble floors and velvet carpets. There's a sophistication to the chaos that must be learned.[break][break]

"How unfortunate." An understanding look passes his face at the news of her friend. Eyes momentarily glance at the two critters befriending each other, where it now seems that his eevee, Sydora, is inviting the zorua to stand next to her on the bartop by lowering her head and stretching out her front legs. Her tail stands proud and straight, waving slightly in a gentle wag.[break][break]

Aris looks back at Yuina. "Don't worry about me, I'm choosing to be here," he chuckles lightly. "I like to get to know my patrons, they have such wonderful stories to tell." And secrets to hide, as well. He needs to make sure no one's here to cause trouble for Rocket.[break][break]

"Please, why don't you stay a while and tell me your story?" Aris requests with a gentle smile as curiosity dances within the turquoise of his eyes.[break]

+ Mission Link [break]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 1:14:10 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

A nice place to sit, even for just a little while... Somewhere open, public... Surely she couldn't be taken right in the middle of a club setting like this...?[break]
How long would it take for the panic and paranoia to subside...?[break][break]
Yuina glanced back up to Aris though at his more than gracious invitation, she could hardly consider herself a patron, but the more things she could do to distract... To break out of hiding away, fearing the outside... She already started her life over once, she could build new things again.[break][break]
Moroe steadied herself and hopped up onto the counter to meet the Eevee, eyes bright, tail up, blue fur trailing behind her in whispy ribbons. She sniffed avidly at the other fox, delighted at accquainting herself with the other canine.[break][break]
"My story? No, I don't have much of a story," Yuina shook her head, a lie, but she'd become so good at lying. Even if she did want to tell her story, every day it felt more and more that someone was pulling the strings, telling her story for her, gaining glimpses in visions of choices that would be stripped away from her.[break][break]
"I'll tell the stories of others though, like hers," Yuina was thoughtful for a moment as she glanced to Moroe, a gentle hand stroking the Zorua's fur.[break]
"Or the stories of those that are gone, lost to time. I'm a historian, keeping others stories is what I do best."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

null

He/Him
██ 27
April 4
████████ Mauville
Male-leaning Pansexual
Club Owner at Icarus
Undercover Grunt
perpetual slut era
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aris
Aris van der Veld
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 18:58:57 GMT
Aris van der Veld Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]let it show, shine

[attr="class","setting"]

No story, she says? Aris, more than anyone, knows that everyone has a story to them, no matter how little or insignificant they may be. His own is forged out of fiction, but it's a story nonetheless. Any who tries to move away from this question is either hiding their tales deep within a book or are just too shy to show them to others.[break][break]

Either way, Yuina has piqued his interest.[break][break]

Now that the Zorua is closer to her, Sydora decides to make another inspection. She moves to stand behind the Pokemon and sniff their tail as a form of greeting. After deciding for a second time that the Zorua seems to be friendly, Sydora sits back on her haunches and tilts her head with an expectant look, waiting for the other Pokemon to make a move. Though playful, the Eevee has the attitude of a princess.[break][break]

Aris' eyes follow Yuina's hand to the Zorua. "Well, I refuse to believe that a wonderful woman such as yourself would have no story to tell, but I understand the hesitation. If you feel more comfortable talking about your little friend here, I'd love to hear it." He looks back at Yuina with a gentle gaze and an ever gentler --albeit calculated-- smile to match.[break]

+ Mission Link

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#d8a004; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/uIPTZic.png);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 19:51:13 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Standing straighter, Moroe eyed the Eevee that stepped around to sniff at her, and she too sniffed at the Eevee avidly at the close proximity. As far as canids went, they were now well accquainted with each other, and Moroe looked to the other fox, the Eevee glancing at her expectantly. The Zorua gives a small yip, twitching her jowls and licking her chops slightly, perhaps as if to say if the Eevee knows how they could get something to snack on?[break][break]
Yuina's drifting thoughts to the stories she knew all too well brought a bit of comfort, with what little familiarity she felt that she could hold onto. In this bit of comfort, Aris' words did coax a small smile on her features, but only just. He was being kind, but he didn't know her... She hardly knew herself still, she could only take the words at face value.[break][break]
"Hmm, her story is a sad one, what her species has gone through," Yuina returned, taking her eyes from Aris as she looked to Moroe, eyes trailing over the almost translucent fur that trailed from her head and the tip of her tail.[break][break]
"She's lived so many lives... Centuries ago when Zorua migrated from Unova to a land called Hisui, the environment was so harsh, and the settlers so unforgiving, they all perished. They were reborn as ghosts, shadows of their former selves," Yuina began, remniscent of her studies, what she knew of their kind, and what she knew to be true for herself... A shadow of who she used to be...[break]
"Her kind are meant to be extinct, lost long ago to the change of the land, but there's anomalies that transcend the boundaries of time space that have brought her here, even though... She was never supposed to be," Yuina spoke, but there was a weight to her words, the way she spoke, that felt heavier than just regarding the fox on the counter.[break][break]
"Against all odds she's right here, the impossible made possible, but knowing that she'll never be able to return to her natural environment, to see others of her kind in her native land... Moroe truly has a tragic story."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

null

He/Him
██ 27
April 4
████████ Mauville
Male-leaning Pansexual
Club Owner at Icarus
Undercover Grunt
perpetual slut era
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aris
Aris van der Veld
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 17:47:14 GMT
Aris van der Veld Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Aris had been expecting to feign attention at first. Yuina herself might be intriguing, but he has no particular interest towards the history of Zorua. Still, as she keeps going, her words start to draw him in one by one, and suddenly he finds his chords being struck by the story of these Pokemon.[break][break]

Against all odds she's right here.[break][break]

"Fascinating. Life finds a way, it seems," Aris comments as eyes land on the Zorua once more. "Though, I'd argue that the story isn't sad. It's tragic, yes, but I find myself feeling angry instead." His face doesn't show it, though, his smile still seated as gently as before, but keen eyes might notice a profundity behind his gaze.[break][break]

Meanwhile, on the bartop, Sydora perks up at the prospect of food. She knows that most of it is kept in the kitchen, but there are a few nuts and snacks hidden behind the bar for guests to munch on with their drinks. She stands up and trots over to the bartender's side before leaning over the edge and pointing with her snout. However, Aris recognises the look on her face and absentmindedly reaches out to drag her back towards himself by the scruff of her neck. Sydora yips and pouts but doesn't fight back.[break][break]

"It's unfortunate that we seem to have to rely on a mysterious force to make things right. And if they could have helped all along, why not have done so when the Zorua were suffering?" Aris returns his attention to Yuina before his expression turns sheepish. "Ah, sorry, it seems my mind's spiralling into a topic not fit for a relaxing time."[break][break]

He scratches Sydora under her chin before standing up straight. "Did you get your drink yet?"[break]

+ Mission Link

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#d8a004; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/uIPTZic.png);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 1:25:55 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

The irony of how similar her own story was to that of her Pokemon was not lost on Yuina... She knew their pain, how it felt to be displaced, lost to time with no way to put things back the way they were... it was why she cared so deeply for them, for their stories... It was easier to tell their stories than her own.[break][break]
Yuina's eyes drifted back to Aris, he drew in her words, Moroe's story, with an earnest she wasn't expecting. Truly she thought, like many, he would have dismissed her words, that she was just too dramatic leaning into the prose or the poetic nature of regaling the past. Instead though... she illicited some strong feelings.[break][break]
"Time is... the great leveler, once it gets a hold of you, there's no escaping it. Back then, time caught up with the Zorua and Zoroark, time made its choice and they became what they are because that was what was meant to be... Can't really argue with it," Yuina spoke, she was angry too, about a lot of things, knowing what time did to the land of Hisui, knowing that time separated her from a life she could never lead again... But she couldn't very well fight time.[break][break]
Aris shifted though, after he caught his Eevee trying to sniff around. Moroe chuffed, moving forward to sniff at his arm, pawing at him, tentatively with an outstretched paw. Why wouldn't he let her go?[break][break]
"Hmm? Oh, uhm, no... I wasn't really sure what I would have gotten, probably whatever my friend might have ordered...," Yuina blinked, she wasn't well versed in drinks... She would have needed Desiree's help for sure.[break]
"What's it like, running a place like this? You must meet so many people," Yuina wondered after a moment, looking around again at the establishment. She couldn't imagine it, toiling away in her books and her studies, surrounded by her research, it was far and away from a place like this.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

null

He/Him
██ 27
April 4
████████ Mauville
Male-leaning Pansexual
Club Owner at Icarus
Undercover Grunt
perpetual slut era
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aris
Aris van der Veld
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 19:45:41 GMT
Aris van der Veld Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Aris almost scoffs at her reasoning, but he holds his smile in place.[break][break]

Can't argue with it? Does that mean they have no choice but to give up, surrender and go along with time's whims? Is it only time before he's caught and uprooted from his current life, the one that he built for himself, and is he just supposed to be okay with that? [break][break]

Look where that got the Zoruas.[break][break]

Aris glances down at the Pokemon pawing at his arm and chuckles. "How cute." He refuses to end up like them.[break][break]

Gaze land on Yuina again. "Time's choice, huh? I suppose we can only hope that time doesn't turn its eyes on us, then."[break][break]

Sydora wiggles around in Aris' hold but gives up with a little yip and drooping ears when the man shows no sign of letting go. So, she turns to her new friend and looks at her with her big, baby-doll eyes, asking the Zorua to find her a way out.[break][break]

Aris calls over the bartender as he speaks to Yuina. "Might I suggest our signature cocktail? It's a light drink with fresh pinap essence and some pleasant notes of ginger, quite perfect for a casual night out." He waits for Yuina's answer patiently and informs the bartender accordingly.[break][break]

"It's quite stressful if I'm being honest," Aris admits with a small, airy laugh. "But it's worth it. You're right, every night I get to meet wonderful people such as yourself, and every single one of them is an adventure to be cherished, if only for that night. Working in a place like this is never boring."[break]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 17:35:20 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Standing beside Aris' arm, Moroe waited, watching for his gaze to turn again back to Yuina, and it did. The fox looked to the Eevee trapped in her predicament still, and with a glow of her yellow eyes, her own form shifted, as did that of the Eevee. Within her illusion, Sydora now sat on the countertop and Moroe was tucked within Aris' arm.[break][break]
"Yeah... we could hope... Maybe it's not as fruitless as it sounds," Yuina returned, knowing that her time was already slipping through the sand of an hour glass that she couldn't reach, ticking away to the future she never asked for. A choice that was already made for her...[break][break]
"Hmm, I'll give that a try? Has to be good on recommendation from the owner," Yuina returned, glancing briefly between the two foxes that remained on the countertop. She knew very well by now what Moroe's illusions looked like, how they manifested... She would give her fox the benefit of the doubt, for now.[break][break]
"I can only imagine... Running an entire business inside and out must be quite the venture. Was it what you always wanted to do?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,749 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
What's your story? [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 4:18:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven