he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 20:05:47 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]There
[attr="class","monody"]
01010100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101
The Explorer and the probe talked as the repairs continued, the Explorer answering the probe's question succinctly: their job had their ups and downs, but they were happy with what they were doing.

"
That's good to hear," the probe replied. "Not a lotta fleshies I talk to give the same answer. I'll never understand why some of you stay in jobs you don't enjoy. We always get put in the jobs we're best at, and we're always happy with it!"

Though one could hardly compare themselves to a construct, built for a specific purpose.

But they could only gossip so much: the Explorer still had their job to do.

"
They…took a while to give an answer," the probe said, a hint of reluctance in its cadence. "Then they started with a sigh. Then they said 'I don't know anymore'. Which is kinda weird…you'd think a fleshie would know why they feel how they feel."

"
I tried to ask them what they meant, but they just flew away after that. They-" The probe turned itself around, using its newly-repaired thruster to turn "-oh, that's good. Anyways, they went that way."

The probe pointed itself towards space. While this current spot may have been the last place the Traveler's transponder was logged, the direction the probe pointed towards was a known unknown: it was a region of space that was largely undocumented, one part due to ion storms jamming transmissions, another part because few if any ship actually left.

"
I'm kinda worried for their safety. I'm not even allowed to go there. Your best shot to find your Traveler friend is there, but you gotta be careful, alright? I wouldn't want a nice fleshie like you getting hurt out there."

Prompt

Do as you wish. The next event will start next post.
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
we still believe in love, so fuck you!
awards
709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 11:21:06 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddiecircle"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
I'll never understand why some of you stay in jobs you don't enjoy. [break][break]

Oh, to be a little robot purpose-built for one thing and one thing only. Eddie chuckled a little to himself, until the probe's tone turned wistful. Sounded like the Traveler thought similarly, [break][break]

“That way?” Eddie confirmed as he eyed the particular patch of void the P0RG0N gestured to. [break][break]

Nothing but uncharted territory and devastating ion storms out in that neck of the woods, but what else was he to do if the Traveler had actually wandered into such dangerous territory? Eddie flicked a few switches on the inside of the cockpit, rerouting some extra power to the shields. He would need it if he was going to make it back in one piece, [break][break]

“Don't you worry yer shiny little head,” Eddie grinned as he began to chart his course, “I'll be in an' out in no time.” [break][break]

Thrusters powered on, and Eddie gave one last wave to the probe before he activated the acceleration protocol, [break][break]

“Thanks for the help! You take care'a yourself, bud.” [break][break]

And he grinned at the P0RG0N through the glass windows of the cockpit, bright and warm, as the Starrunner thrummed with surging energy, [break][break]

“An' just give me a call the next time you get banged up!” he called cheerfully over the comms, “I ain't lettin' you spend another five hundred-odd years with a broken thruster.” [break][break]

And with a final roar of the engines, Eddie was off once more, hurtling toward the unknown. Leaving his new friend behind was a little bittersweet, but Eddie had many parsecs to go before the day was done, and he still had a Traveler to bring back home.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".eddiecircle"]--accent:#d18934 ; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/grCv4Fr.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:100px; border:4px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle blockquote b, .eddiecircle blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .eddiecircle blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .eddiecircle blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .bottom b, .eddiecircle .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .eddiecircle .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .eddiecircle .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .credit a"]color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:130px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2024 23:09:08 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Bzzzzzzzt
[attr="class","monody"]
A Bit Static-y
The probe's head tilted up and down as the Explorer confirmed their direction. "Yup! Just keep going in that direction, and you'll find it! I dunno how far it is 'cause I never wanna go there."

Yet the Explorer seemed confident seemed ready to go where no probe dared, though not without leaving the probe with some parting words.

"
I probably won't need another fix like that for at least a couple…uh, centuries are what you call hundred-year bundles, right?"

"
Buuuuuuut if you're still around, I'll call you! You fleshies live at least a couple centuries, right?"

Because what was a couple hundred years to a being that could last forever? Or even weeks.

With that, the Explorer continued on their way. Towards infinity, and beyond.

———

The Explorer would absolutely know they were headed in the right direction once their Spaceship warned them of what they'd already been warned about: ion storms.

Entering them was a risk few dared take; one solid hit would be all it took to disable one's ship, and to leave them immobilized in the vastness of space.

Yet it was where the probe told the Explorer that the Traveler went. Any attempt to scan from outside was doomed to fail from the interference: if they wanted to look through the storm, they'd have to enter.

And they'd need to be prepared.

Prompt

Enter the storm (Utilize at least 1 move/ability that can shield the user from damage) (alternatively, utilize at least 1 move/ability that raises special defense)

or

Do not enter the storm (and specify what you will do as an alternative)
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 17:08:53 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Flashing red lights enveloped the cockpit as Eddie closed in on that dangerous unknown, warning him of the storm that waited for him ahead. He frowned as he studied the console, unsure of his next course of action, [break][break]

“Don't know if we got the kinda shields that can handle a storm like this,” Eddie muttered to himself. [break][break]

Shrugging off a handful of attacks was one thing, but the ion storms of this realm could be downright cataclysmic. Maybe there was a way they could make it through still. [break][break]

Eddie looked from the display to all of the switches and dials of the console, [break][break]

“But I reckon the only way out is through; ain't that right, bud?” [break][break]

This maneuver would be risky, but if any craft in the galaxy could pull it off, it was the B-3AU Starrunner. Just a little more power to the thrusters, just a little more speed – [break][break]

The console's display lit up in bright blue, and Eddie grinned broadly. With a flick of the switch and a tight grip on the throttle, the craft suddenly surged forward into the storm, propelled by an AQUA JET that would hopefully get them in and out before the worst of the weather could catch up to them.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]eddie attempts to AQUA JET his way through the storm, hoping to get in and out of it before the ship gets too banged up [break]
[break]

[newclass=".eddiecircle"]--accent:#d18934 ; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/grCv4Fr.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:100px; border:4px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle blockquote b, .eddiecircle blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .eddiecircle blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .eddiecircle blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .bottom b, .eddiecircle .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .eddiecircle .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .eddiecircle .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".eddiecircle .credit a"]color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:130px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 19:53:45 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]It's a nice place
[attr="class","monody"]
A Bit Yellow
The Explorer saw the storm before them, and could tell what risks they could face.

But to them, the only way forward, was forward.

So they took a risk, putting their all into their Spaceship's speed, reasoning that if they could blitz through the storm, they could avoid damage. Their ship's Aqua Accelerator propelled them forward, into the storm.

But could it outrun ions in a storm?

The shaking of their ship - an impact - indicated that no, they could not. Multiple warning lights and alarms went off, warning of some system that was damaged or was failing. Another strike multiplied those warnings, but it was far too late to leave the storm.

One strike too many…and it all went dark.

———

But death was not what followed; soon, the light returned to the Explorer's eyes.

Real, warm, natural light from a sun. Nothing like the artificial illumination cast by the lights in a space station or a ship. Breathable air reached their lungs, nothing like the stale, recycled air of a ship.

As the details became clearer, the Explorer would find their ship had landed on a world, one that could inhabit life - and clearly did, as yellow plant life surrounded them.

Their own injuries were minor, but a short inspection of their ship would indicate that it would struggle to fly again - not without replacement parts.

They were stranded here.

But perhaps they weren't the only life present?

A short distance away, the ruffle of yellow leaves could be heard; something was approaching.

Prompt

Do as you wish - but what you do will end with you reacting to the sudden noise.
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/Spicebush.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 11:24:27 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
It may have been a calculated risk, but man, was Eddie bad at math. [break][break]

On the bright side, it was all over pretty quickly. Blue gave way to red once more, and sirens blared and warning lights flashed in a dizzying kaleidoscope of impending danger all around the pilot. The Explorer flicked a few switches, tried to alter the trajectory of that Aqua Accelerator, but the Starrunner jolted like a boat caught in stormy seas. Another jolt sent the ship sharply twisting to the left, and Eddie, unprepared, was suddenly seeing stars when his helmet-clad head bounced off the wall of the narrow space he occupied. No matter how desperately he tried to fight it, Eddie's world began to fade to black, all the while the ship's warning lights and sounds desperately screamed in protest. Hands roughly gripped the console as the blackness of unconsciousness took hold, equal parts desperate and protective. At least if Eddie was going down, he would be going down with the craft he dearly loved. [break][break]

… Which made it all the more surprising when Eddie's eyes slowly opened some unknowable length of time later. He stretched his sun-warmed limbs and yawned luxuriously, like he was waking up from a gentle nap rather than from some terrible coma. It wasn't until he caught the acrid scent of smoke on the wind that he suddenly bolted upright, realizing that this was not, in fact, some comfortable dream, [break][break]

“Oh shit,” Eddie murmured harshly to no one in particular as he scrambled to his feet. [break][break]

His head swam and his temples throbbed with pain, but even so, he staggered over to the heap of smoldering metal nearby. Eddie frowned as he placed a hand on what he now realized was his Starrunner's hull. The poor thing was in a bad way; did he even have the supplies to patch his favorite craft up? [break][break]

Before he could consider his next course of action, there was a rustling of leaves nearby. Eddie's head snapped sharply toward the direction of the sound, [break][break]

“H-hey!” he called unsteadily, “Is there someone out there?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 23:34:57 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/Goodbye%20Galar%20quiet.mp3[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]You've found your quarry
[attr="class","monody"]
An Ideal Meeting
The Explorer was not enthused to see their precious Spaceship in its current state - but they had little time to fix it or mourn its condition, calling out to the sound.

And the sound answered.

"
I had thought I would remain alone until my final days," it answered, "but it would seem I am not the only one that has found this ideal sanctuary."

A figure emerged from the yellow woods, revealing the source: the Explorer would recognize them immediately, perfectly matching the description of the Traveler they had been sent to find.

"A craft like that…even in its condition, I can tell it could belong only to an Explorer. Pray tell, how have you found your way to this sanctuary? Were you merely trying to find me, or had you too placed your life in fate's hands?"

Closer inspection of the Traveler would reveal that there were small pieces of yellow on their skin, as if petals had fallen onto their body, and refused to come off.

And yet, those petals seemed as lively as if they were still connected to their parent.

Prompt

Do as you wish.
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/Spicebush.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2024 13:10:37 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Blue-black feathers caught the sun's light and reflected it back, twinkling and gleaming. Sharp red eyes surveyed the scene with thoughtful appraisal. Eddie's own eyes grew wide, [break][break]

“It's – it's you! [break][break]

The Traveler's face peeled into a wide grin as he took a few steps toward the the Explorer he had been hard at work trying to find, [break][break]

“Hell, bud, I could ask ya the same thing,” Eddie chuckled, shaking his head, “The Commander sent me out here ta track you down. I don't know nothin' about 'fate's hands', but geeze, what're you doin' out in this lonely little corner of the galaxy?” [break][break]

As he spoke, Eddie moved to unconsciously scratch at his chin, his usual nervous tick, but he suddenly stopped when he caught a flash of yellow in his periphery. There was a... petal? Or a leaf, or something, stuck to the back of his hand. He moved to shake it off, only to be surprised when the thing wouldn't budge. Huh, that was odd.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2024 1:01:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/Goodbye%20Galar%20quiet.mp3[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]You've found freedom
[attr="class","monody"]
An Ideal Freedom
"Indeed. I am me, just as you are you. And it stands to reason that they would send an Explorer to seek a wayward Traveler."

The Traveler's voice was casual, yet enervated; they seemed exhausted. Their body didn't carry much motion past meeting the Explorer's eyes with their own.

It was only natural that the Explorer would question why the Traveler found their way here.

"
I…cannot say I've truly enjoyed that life that I lived up to now. I'd been drifting through space, doing as I had to as a Traveler, going from world to world as needed. I spoke with many species, established communications, sought out trade routes…I visited so many different worlds and species."

The Traveler let out a sigh.

"
But I never stayed long enough to truly admire where I went."

The Traveler looked out towards the water, pristine and clear and as far as the eye could see.

"
I was always beneath cold lights, breathing the same stale, recycled air, stuck in the confines of my ship. I could never bask in the warmth of a world's sun, or simply listen to the waves and wind. I never had the freedom to just spread my wings and go where the winds took me."

A breeze brushed past the Explorer and Traveler, yellow petals flying past them. A decent number brush past the Traveler, some sticking to them - while they seemed to mostly avoid the Explorer, swirling around them. As if they were assessing them.

"
It was a space probe I spoke to that opened my eyes, funny enough. It asked me if I truly enjoyed what I was doing."

The Traveler looked down.

"
I realized it was not my ideal life. So…I disabled my transponder and spread my wings, leaving my fate to whatever came next."

"
And so, I found myself here. As you have."

Prompt

Do as you wish.
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 11:34:53 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The Traveler sounded so... tired. [break][break]

Eddie listened to the explanation with patience and a growing sense of sympathy. That was a hell of a thing, wasn't it? To constantly be on the move, to never put down roots, to never get to feel the sun on your skin or the wind in your hair. When the Explorer thought about it, really stopped a moment to think, he realized that he couldn't blame the Traveler for deciding that such a life no longer suited them. [break][break]

Before Eddie could speak up, another gust of wind surged past them, circled all around them. The air was warm and light, like a northern wind on a bright summer day; even the petals that brushed against (and, as Eddie had begun to realize, stuck to) his skin were soft and soothing. Eddie took a deep breath of that crisp, clean air, before he finally voiced his reply, [break][break]

“Yeah, I guess I have.” [break][break]

He realized that he should probably ask about repairs, or a way to get home, or something more important than the question that now came to the forefront of his mind, but Eddie found that he couldn't resist himself. There was a bit of curiosity that needed to be sated, and it suddenly felt like the most important and pressing thing in the world. He watched the Traveler, and attempted to meet their red gaze, [break][break]

“So, are ya finally happy out here?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 18:53:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]It gives you warmth
[attr="class","monody"]
An Ideal Desire
The Explorer was able to correctly deduce the Traveler's motivation: exhaustion. Stuck in a life they were never truly happy in, taking one last risk to find freedom. A feeling the Explorer understood - even if it wasn't something they'd felt themself.

The wind spun around the Explorer and the Traveler, as if observing them and eavesdropping on their conversation. It grew still as the two met eyes, letting their words carry through the air.

And so, the Explorer asked the question they had both been faced with: was the Traveler truly happy now?

The red gaze closed, the Traveler thinking upon the question. The winds remained silent, as not to interrupt their thoughts.

And soon, they gave their answer, a smile on their face.

"
Yes."

"
Yes, I am."

The winds renewed, focused around the Traveler. "
I can finally feel comfortable here. My wings can finally spread as I want them to. For the first time."

"
I may not have the same luxuries as before. I may need to deal with pain, or illness. Perhaps even one day, I may lose a limb, or even memories of the life I once had…but I would learn to live with it."

"
For this is an ideal life I can truly call my own."

The Traveler looked the Explorer in the eyes, their red gaze staring into them - then at the Explorer's ship.

"
...and I wouldn't wish to abandon it. Which I suppose would run contrary to your objective. But I believe we can reach a compromise, something that could satisfy both of our desires."

The winds began to shift, once more circling the Explorer.

"
But before I can offer it to you…would you wish to stay on this world, as I am? Or do you wish to return to the life you possess?"

Prompt

Answer the question
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 11:46:26 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The Traveler smiled, and the Explorer smiled, too. Really, that reply was all Eddie needed to hear, and even his answer to the next question came easily, [break][break]

“I'm glad,” he replied earnestly, his smile as warm as the sun hanging above them, “I'm glad that yer happy.” [break][break]

Eddie stopped to gesture back at his damaged ship, sweeping an arm out towards it, [break][break]

“But that also means that we're gonna hafta go our own ways.” [break][break]

The comforting, hazy warmth of the sunlight around him and the pleasant breezes were so damn tempting, but he knew he couldn't let himself be distracted by this intergalactic Ogygia. Not when there was so much waiting for him back home, [break][break]

“I'd love ta stay here. I really would.” [break][break]

Eddie paused a little, feeling his chest tighten, [break][break]

“But I can't. I got people waitin' for me back there. People I wouldn't trade a million years'a paradise for.” [break][break]

Even if those people would probably cope with his own disappearance better than Eddie would have coped with theirs. Even if no one really missed him at all, because he sure as shit would miss them. Maybe that all was more selfish than just disappearing somewhere in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, fading into obscurity, but Eddie couldn't be bothered to care about how selfish or selfless he seemed in this moment.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 21:40:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]She'll fly once more
[attr="class","monody"]
An Ideal Solution
The wind around the Explorer intensified as they first spoke, as if anticipating an acceptance.

But it died down when the Explorer gave their answer, as if it were disappointed. The leaves that had begun to accumulate on their body fell off as well, returning to the winds.

The Traveler did not share in the disappointment, however, as the smile on their face showed. "
Well said," they said. "And I understand. Not all drink from the same cup as I, and a life that I desire may be less desirable to another. I would bear no grudge against you for denying the offer."

And yet, that would lead to the next conundrum; just how would the Explorer return to space, with their ship in the condition it was in?

Fortunately, the Traveler could provide a solution.

"
I believe I may have the means to help you leave here; for my arrival seems to have been much like your own. My own ship is inoperable…but it may perhaps require the parts you need to fix yours."

"
I bid that you would use those parts to find your way from this world…and ensure that I would never be tempted to leave."

The Traveler had made an honest offer; their ship was not far off, in a shape not far different from the Explorer's. It had enough functional parts for the Explorer to use, and it'd be enough for their Spaceship to fly once more.

Prompt

Repair your ship
& do as you wish
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 12:34:57 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Even as the winds ceased to billow around him and the petals dropped away, Eddie was unfazed by this world's disappointment at his rejection. The Traveler had accepted his answer with understanding and grace, and that was all that really mattered. [break][break]

Well, that, and getting back home. The Explorer nodded in acknowledgment of the other's offer, [break][break]

“Thanks,” he replied sincerely, turning to eye the long-since abandoned craft, “I think I'll take ya up on that.” [break][break]

It was a real win-win sort of situation, wasn't it? Eddie fetched some tools from his Starrunner and strode over to inspect the Traveler's own craft, but felt a pang of something bitter as he carefully eyed the components he would have to salvage. It felt a little sad to cannibalize the poor thing just to save his own sorry hide; the thought of having his own ship, his pride and joy, similarly dismantled made Eddie's stomach turn. [break][break]

He tried to put the thought out of his mind as he removed the first few parts and began the task of reinstalling them onto his own ship. It still nagged at him, though, even as his repairs grew close to completion, [break][break]

“You sure about this?” Eddie asked hesitantly, wiping some sweat from his brow just to replace it with a streak of slick oil as he closed a maintenance panel on the Starrunner's side, “There's no goin' back from this sorta thing, ya know?” [break][break]

In some ways, the finality of it all reminded Eddie of his own departure from his home in Paldea. It wasn't as though he physically couldn't go back there, but it was the principal of the thing – he had left his old life behind in the pursuit of something bigger, to chase some greater purpose. Was it the same for the Traveler, or did they still have any lingering regrets about the life they had left behind?

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Fly, my Wings | Gym
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 22:34:31 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/HeartToHeart.mp3[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Fly, Perfect Wings
[attr="class","monody"]
Utter To Me What You Think The Ideal Is
The Explorer accepted the Traveler's offer, the smile on the latter's face showing their approval. Once more, their Spaceship would be able to fly - and it would be clear that the Traveler did not share the same pride in their spacecraft as the Explorer did in theirs, merely watching as the Explorer took its parts for their own.

Yet the Explorer still had to ask: was the Traveler truly alright with this decision?

"
I am certain," they answered, "for I truly have no desire to return to my old life. The only fetter holding me to it was the sense that I had to remain within it. Unshackling that fetter has granted me the liberation I desired. With this, any remains of that fetter will return to the stars, far from where they could ever influence me again."

So the Traveler would make no effort to stop the Explorer's repair work. Nor would the wind blow around the Explorer, the scattered petals avoiding them.

The repairs would soon be complete, the Explorer's ship in flying shape; it would still need proper repairs to be at 100% again, but they'd be able to make it to the nearest spaceport for those.

"
Before you leave, I have but one question for you: what is the ideal world for you?"

Prompt

Answer the question
MADE BY MIZO
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP