Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
Roads may be rough and tough, though it will lead somewhere.
awards
827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
i'll be there for you [m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 1:37:15 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

A vacation from Lilycove was in her future. Well, time off. Time off from being a Ranger, and now being here in Petalburg, she had a couple of things to do. Genny was a very active person, and while she wasn't always available due to the bueracracy of Ranger life. And when answered to the call to protect the region, it often put her in... troubling circumstance.[break][break]

Not today though. After arriving, she'd go see sometime later. After all, he lived here, and she felt like her work had taken a lot of her time. Still, she always made sure to text him, not unlike today.[break][break]

'Hey Izzy. I'm in town! I'll see you in a few with some strawberry shortcake I saw in Mauville!'[break][break]

The text sent out, she smiles at it, before her eyes glanced over her most recent contacts. At the bottom of those most recent six or seven... . Maybe she was around?[break][break]

'Hey Yuina! I'm in Petalburg... you wanna catch up? I was going to head to the woods for a little practice. Are you available?'[break][break]

Hopefully she was after that text. Maybe it was presumptuous, but she should check in to her whole gang sometime. Maybe another meetup?

[break][break]

NOTES

- RANGER UNIFORM, MISSION[break]
- Genny messages Isaac upon reaching Petalburg, and sees Yuina's name on her recent contacts. Messages her if she wants to go to the woods and train?[break]
- Walks right into the woods. She really wants to connect with them again.

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,847 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 19:10:55 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuyutemp yuinabi"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
Like punching in a dream[break]
Breathing life into the nightmare

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

For better or for worse, Yuina hadn't been spending much time in Petalburg, despite her own flat still being there in the city with a healthy amount of her own belongings. Slowly but surely more and more of her things were ending up in Mauville... But she still had reasons to be in the city, when she felt brave enough to venture out for a little while...[break]
The paranoia was gripping, wondering when or if she'd be taken again, if that woman was looking for her avidly... Truly she was becoming a husk just like she had become within the coils of the toxic chain. Empty save for fear...[break][break]
Yuina was ready to turn tail and run back to Mauville, chest growing tight as her anxieties clung to her, but a notification on her phone, a welcome name... Brought her pause. Genny was in the city, heading out to the forest, she wanted to catch up... The idea of being able to see a friend unmarred by the chains that bound them and worked so hard to keep them separated from each other was enough for Yuina to smile.[break][break]
Sat astride Ayashi's shoulders, Yuina and the Wyrdeer bounded through the remainder of Petalburg and out into the wilds beyond, taking to one of the known paths that led into the forests depths. Yuina began to look around for signs of that fiery red hair she knew would be impossible to miss amongst the green foliage.

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".yuinabi"]--accent: #A4DE52!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp"]--bg: #222; --accent: #D49736; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp b"]color: var(--accent); font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp i"]font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp u"]text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: var(--accent); font:bold 11px/12px 'Quattrocento Sans'; letter-spacing: 2px; c[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .postbox"]font:10px/16px 'Poppins';letter-spacing:.5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .oocnotes"]text-align:left; padding:15px 0px; color:#dddd; font:10px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 10px/10px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yuyutemp .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yuyutemp .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".yuyutemp .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".yuyutemp:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 19:24:54 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

The woods were often times so beautiful. In the spring back home, Genny would enjoy the summer on the beaches of Alola. Sometimes, she'd go over to 's house, and hang out, or try to pull him out of bed. The good times as it were, every morning she would love the way the summer air came, but the transitional period right from spring to summer was always her jam. The way the sea salt smelled is similar to Hoenn, though not this far into the countryside. The remnants of the seasalt amidst the air can be felt to the west, a feeling of serenity. These woods had the perfect blend. Just enough seasalt from the ocean nearby, just enough distance away to still feel the breeze...[break][break]

It was home. Petalburg might even be a better place to live. Maybe she should look into options here? If not here, maybe was right. Moving to Dewford, helping the Rangers? That was a fine idea to her.[break][break]

Stumbling around, and bursting of his Pokeball, Beachboy decided to make himself known. The little Sliggoo would bounce around, the odd little goo man just bouncing on their shell like a beach ball, even if it wasn't made for that. Genny laughs, unknowing to the approaching brunette. Her friend. Yui. "Beachboy, you have to stay in your ball." But the Sliggoo didn't listen, instead having too much fun bouncing about and leaving their goo in the forest.[break][break]

Ah... a clean-up job. Genny laughs again, petting the little Hisuiian beast. "You know... I wonder," she trails off. Did Yuina know how to raise them? Better than Genny. She smiles to herself, her fiery hair easily the most trackable trait in these woods.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Genny remarks about how she loves it near Petalburg. She enjoys the closeness to the ocean. Maybe Navy had a point to move closer towards Dewford. Closer to Navy, closer to Izzy.[break]
- Beachboy the Sliggoo comes out and he's bouncing. Genny remarks amused how he should stay in the ball. NAUR. Beachboy is unrelenting in his joy!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,847 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 21:47:34 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Hands clasped into Ayashi's thick fur, Yuina held fast against his bounding frame as the deer made easy work of moving along the forest floor. Genny might not have gotten too far into the forest yet, they should be able to see her soon enough...[break][break]
But there was a brief moment where Yuina bristled, the hairs on her arms standing on end... The last time she had been within the forest was amidst the rising threat of the toxic chains. Where she had first encountered the Celebi...[break][break]
'No... no... we're okay... don't think about it, don't think about it...'[break][break]
Yuina shuttered in heaving breaths as she tried to push away the fearsome thoughts of the recent past, but Ayashi gave a short bellow to gain her attention, a voice in the near distance... A flash of fiery red hair amongst the tree trunks.[break]
"Genny," Yuina breathed, motioning Ayashi towards her friend in the near distance.[break][break]
"Genny! It's good to see you," Yuina called out then as they neared, and in a swell of emotions far stronger than her words could have let her portray, Yuina couldn't stop herself from sliding down from Ayashi's back and moving towards Genny to embrace her. It was more than good to see her, it was a relief, how much she had missed her and her friends as they were forced apart from each other.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[newclass=".yuyutemp"]--bg: #222; --accent: #D49736; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp b"]color: var(--accent); font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp u"]text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: var(--accent); font:bold 11px/12px 'Quattrocento Sans'; letter-spacing: 2px; c[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .postbox"]font:10px/16px 'Poppins';letter-spacing:.5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .oocnotes"]text-align:left; padding:15px 0px; color:#dddd; font:10px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".yuyutemp .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 10px/10px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yuyutemp .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .yuyutemp .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yuyutemp .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".yuyutemp .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".yuyutemp:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 22:03:27 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

The embrace was met in kind, because as soon as Yuina hugged Genny, Genny pulled her back into a huge hug. The way Genny's eyes pricked slightly of tears, seeing her friend alive and well. Well. Alive anyways.[break][break]

"Yuina!" It was a relief to see her. And as she does... Beachboy would move to do something similar, hugging Yuina. Naturally so.[break][break]

Upon breaking from the hug, Genny's grinning ear-to-ear, hands still on Yuina's shoulders as she smiles wider. Admittedly, being much shorter than Yuina, it was reaching up for her in particular, a whole head between them. "You look well! I'm so glad you're okay! I saw you in the ship, and I've been busy with reports, and training myself, and-"[break][break]

She was babbling AND crying. Holy moly, she missed Yuina. "I'm glad you're okay."[break][break]

Beachboy never did let go of Yuina.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Did you know that Genny is over half a foot shorter than Yuina? Crazy.[break]
- Genny snatches up Yuina in a big hug too, and as soon as she starts talking, she's already crying a little.[break]
- She's happy that Yuina is okay. She's so happy. Beachboy is hugging Yuina's leg.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,847 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 0:37:37 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

It was inevitable, the embrace between them as Yuina wrapped her arms around Genny, and Genny her... It gave way to the sting of tears at the corners of Yuina's eyes, shoulders tense in an attempt to at least hold in the sob that threatened to break her.[break][break]
They step back from each other, but only just, Genny's arms on Yuina's shoulders, and Yuina clung to Genny's arms in kind. Just to know that she was there, that she was real, she was whole and standing right in front of her, and that they wouldn't be separated in that moment.[break][break]
She glanced down at the Sliggoo that clung to her leg, a surprise when it first touched her, the sensation of its slime cool against her leg, but looked to Genny again as she let out a stream of conciousness.[break][break]
"I-I am, I'm okay... enough," she offered first, just to ease some of Genny's consicous thoughts. Physically she was right as rain, she had help in that way, he wasn't going to leave a scratch on her so long as he could help it... but that didn't mean that the wounds didn't run deeper than her skin.[break]
waking from sleep came with the uncertain panic of wondering where she was, if she had been taken again. idle quiet came with the lingering haze of being forced and trapped in that toxic sublimity for so long. phantom pains, strained breathing at feeling the toxic chain still wrapped around her throat, that ticking feeling that still came to her... and every time she closed her eyes yuina only saw fear stricken eyes... blood...[break][break]
"I'm glad you're okay too... enough... You're here, and you're still just as warm as ever, I see your fire Genny... I was so afraid of what that place was going to do to you, to Desi... to all of our friends," Yuina returned, if ever there was a guiding light that she could count on... Genny's flame was one that she knew she could look to, and it would never go out, and never lead her astray.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 21:08:50 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Yuina joins the crying, and the sobs act in chorus. Even as Yuina proves she's okay, mostly, all Genny can do is look almost like a baby a head shorter than her. Her lip quivers. The entirety of that Megalopolan ship, the fact that they not only met in the swampy routes near Fortree during a similar threat, but were forced to play their game as prisoners weighed heavily on both girls, it seems.[break][break]

But thankfully, even through that, through the path that they were forced to walk, they came out the other side, hugging and holding onto each other. Much like Yui held onto her, Genny held on in fear that Yuina was a ghost or memory.[break][break]

It's Yuina saying that Genny was a fire... that she was warm, that suddenly plagued her mind. Genny's eyes closed for a moment, as Beachboy's mouth opens, excited to see Yuina! A connection! Where was she from? What did she do? Did she like Redhead Trainer? He continues to wiggle like a jelly jiggle.[break][break]

And she remembers snapping that Megalopolan's neck. Gone.[break][break]

But she returns to that same sunny smile. She preferred to not show that weakness, in the hopes to keep her friend smiling. "I've been around Hoenn for a year and a half now, give or take. You just learn to roll with the punches!" she laughs, but in that laughter was a lie. She's not okay. She's not alright. She's tormented personally by her choices, but she had to make them. She had to.[break][break]

...[break][break]

Her eyes are filled with a guilt that can't just be slept through, but a resolve that understands war. Veteran eyes now shade the hazel hue, a depth that Genevieve Cromwell did not have before. Not from Galar. Not from the battles in Dewford. Not from the Megalopolan attacks near Fortree.[break][break]

She finally lets go, and smiles, a more sheepish smile to her usual sunny demeanor. "I'm... okay enough too. I think we're going to need some time to get back on our feet! Hah." Her facade seemed all the more flimsy.[break][break]

Rocket would leave no time for peace. She couldn't rest.[break][break]

When Beachboy finally responds in kind, having let go, and is now circling around the girls, bouncing on the hard shell.[break][break]

Genny realizes she hadn't introduced him! "That's Beachboy! Beachboy, this is Yuina. Say hello!" The Sliggoo's mouth widens to a big smile, as he bounces now in front of Yuina. Like a pogo stick for the shell. A Hisuiian Sliggoo.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Beachboy read the room, and is trying to cheer both girls up in the background.[break]
- Genny BREAKS for a moment, crying as she confirms to Yuina that she's okay. A lie she has to tell to not worry her friend.[break]
- There was no peace of mind she had. But when Beachboy bounces more, Genny finally introduces him. The Sliggoo excited!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,847 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 23:47:15 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Clutching each other, standing amidst the rustling leaves and sunfilled branches, Yuina sees Genny, her friend... But sees herself in a mask that she thought flashed over Genny's face. They stood there together, even in letting each other go, hidden away from the world, tucked away into the safety of the wood... They were safe together, safe with each other, weren't they?[break][break]
Yuina glanced down at the wiggly little Sliggoo, saw the flash of its silver shell, wait, was it...? But her focus still came back to Genny at her words. Yuina could never doubt that Genny was ten times, one hundred times, stronger than she herself was... but she too had been in the region for some time and couldn't say that she was rolling with the punches near as well.[break][break]
"Genny...," Yuina murmered, there's a similar pain perhaps in her amber eyes, a hand reaches out to clutch one of Genny's at her side. It's... difficult, to reach out this way, knowing that she had her own shadows that she tried to keep tucked beneath her.[break]
"Okay enough... is enough for right now... but... I guess, just--- if you need anything, I'm here, okay," Yuina struggled, finding the words is like pulling teeth knowing that she hates to pry and hates to be pushed herself but if Genny needed her, she needed to know that she was there... Even if she never acted on it.[break][break]
Blinking away the bleariness in her eyes, Yuina comes back to the Sliggoo that beamed up at her with such an intense joy that it was nearly contagious. She felt bad, having not acknowledged it truly until now, it was such an incredibly happy little thing... And one that she was familiar with.[break]
"Beachboy? That's such a fitting name... but you wouldn't find them on beaches normally," Yuina smiled, leaning down, sitting herself on her tiptoes and ankles, offering her hands out for the impossibly happy dragon.[break][break]
"Genny, where did you find a Hisuian Sliggoo?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 19:01:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Okay wasn't really good enough. It isn't going wo wipe that whole week away, the work they had done. Every single task given to them by the accursed wardens... by the people they had scorned. When Yuina had decided to grab her hand, Genny grasped back. Like at any moment, Yuina could disappear, gone with the threats around them.[break][break]

With the looming war on the horizons does no favors... but Yuina does. She offers to be here for her. The redhead can't help but widen the smile to a full beam. Even with the coming days, she wouldn't let go of Yuina. Her friend.[break][break]

"Same to you, Yuina," she mentions back. If Yuina needed the heaven and earth moved, Genny would aim for the heavens, and move it. That was her promise.[break][break]

The way Beachboy just stares up with such joy, and when Yuina comes down, Genny follow suit as the little slug dragon opens their mouth with such joy. Today was not a day of sadness! This was a day of happiness, and Beachboy would make it his mission to put a smile on the girl's face. Both of them! That was Beachboy's vow![break][break]

To Yuina's question, Genny's eyes would linger to Beachboy, and she returned a similar sunshine smile. "After everything went down, BB found me when I tried to investigate last Halloween. You remember the swamp near Fortree?" she gives a polite giggle to the way Beachboy bounces up and down. "He was just bouncing on his shell, excited to see me. I guess-" she starts to trail off, and places a hand on Beachboy's head.[break][break]

"-some Pokemon know when they're needed." she remarks oh so happily. Beachboy beams wider than ever.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Genny is so happy to see Yuina is a-okay. She's worried.[break]
- Tells the story of how BB came into her life, and thankfully it is sweet. BB is super into Yuina, and happy to see her. BOUNCY.[break]
- Won't dive into it just yet. Genny is gonna get some answers!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,847 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 19:22:34 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Settled on her ankles as close to Beachboy's eye level as Yuina could manage, it was pretty difficult to maintain a somber attitude in between seeing genny well and the beaming smile that the Sliggoo offered up to her. Yuina reached out gently to stroke one of his short antennae, looking over him closely now just to study him and see how his condition was.[break]
Genny mentioned the swamps... Another tumultuous time that Yuina would rather not reminisce over, but that made sense... There had been a handful of distortions in the area around that time, including the one that they all witnessed at the end beneath the swamps in those caverns.[break][break]
"He must have come straight from a distortion Genny, he truly is from Hisui, from the other side of space-time," Yuina remarked, it only made sense, she hadn't seen too many Sliggoo or Goodra to wonder if they had begun breeding on their own and finding new habitats to sow.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 23:36:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Beachboy would grin ear-to-ear, the little slug boy would jiggle as Yuina pet him, and with her explanation of his impossibility of being here, from Hisui, it has Genny pause. It's like...[break][break]

"Like you?" she asks without thinking.[break][break]

It's not so easy to ask that question. But her fascination with Hisui, their first meeting talking about her love of the culture, how out of place Yuina felt, it all compiled down to it. Yuina wasn't just a historian with a fascination, there was more to it.[break][break]

"The way you talk, Yuina, it's like you've been there. The way these Pokemon look at you too had me pondering it for a long time now. I'm not wrong... am I?" She didn't want to overstep her place. But how can Genny not want to know?

[break][break]

NOTES

- Yuina talking about Beachboy like this, Genny has to ask...[break]
- Is Yuina from a distortion herself? She knows Hisui more than any historian... it's been on her mind since they met.[break]
- She's not wrong... is she?

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,847 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 0:32:15 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Beachboy was truly delighted, as was Yuina as the dragon beamed and smiled at her. He was healthy it looked like, had a good sheen to his skin, and his shell was polished and smooth, but where her focus had been on adorning the Sliggoo with her attention, she froze at Genny's short question.[break]
In hindsight, it was perhaps maybe that she had become comfortable around Genny, that she was maybe not as careful with her wording or chose to take a step back on what she said about Hisui or otherwise. Or she probably thought that the notion was so outlandish to anyone that it couldn't even be a question, that no one would have ever guessed... But Genny did, she was smart, incredibly smart and bright... Yuina couldn't fault her for that.[break][break]
Her hands fell from Beachboy, and she slowly came down to rest forward on her knees, but she didn't look up to meet Genny's eye... It was so much more than that...[break][break]
"I... I guess sometimes... I'm not very good at pretending my memories are just theories.....," Yuina spoke after an impossibly quiet and still moment, a tremble in her voice. She wasn't going to refute Genny, how could she? But would she be upset now, knowing that Yuina had lied to her? That Yuina herself was a lie...?[break][break]
"Genny I--- I...," what could she say? How was she supposed to bridge the chasm of her shadows that seethed at knowing her truth?[break][break]
"I'm sorry... Genny... I promise it was never anything against you," she struggled, hands clutched in her lap, her head hung down.[break]
"But I have lied to you... everything you know about me is a lie, even my name..."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 1:20:58 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

There was no malice in her eyes, and as soon as Yuina struggled, Genny's hands would find their way to Yuina's. Placed now atop, Genny was kneeling now, head turned up look her friend in the eyes. No hate, no betrayal, it's just a sweet acceptance, like a SWEET SCENT procured by a horde of Combee.[break][break]

"You didn't lie," she starts, giving her sunny smile, running a thumb over her hand as often did for her. "I still had fun with Yuina Higashi. Meeting her. Enjoying the culture with her. Inviting her to a girls vacay," she starts, her tone still as sweet as it ever was. Instead of falling into a chasm where the shadows would take her friend, Genny extended a hand out to bridge that gap.[break][break]

Sure. Maybe it hurt to know Yuina wasn't real. But that was okay too. Beachboy didn't care who she was. Genny mirrored that sentiment.[break][break]

"You must have been hurting so much, holding everyone at a distance. I can only imagine." her eyes glossy, her lips curved up, her head tilts to the side, to get a better look at her.[break][break]

"But you're my friend. Whether your name is Yuina Higashi or not. That time together was real," she offers sweetness in her words.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Genny kneels with Yuina, her hands now on Yuina's. And she comes out and says it.[break]
- She didn't lie. Their friendship is genuine, and even if her name isn't Yuina Higashi, she's still Genny's friend.[break]
- No chance she looks hurt. Genny wonders how much Yuina herself has been hurt, holding people at a distance away.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,847 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 21:32:03 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

The way Genny spoke, where at first Yuina expected ire at being decieved, instead she was almost encouraging Yuina that it was okay she was someone else... Like she would be able to tell her...[break]
Genny was sweet, encouraging, gentle and everything in between, grasping Yuina's hands within her own as they sat tucked away into the forests trees, the very forest that marked her beginnings in Hoenn...[break][break]
"Genny, it's not that simple... Yuina is real, I mean, I am... kind of," she stammered first, tripping over her words, choking through tears that stung at the corners of her eyes...[break]
She drew in a heavy, trembling breath, clutching Genny's hands that much tighter.[break][break]
"Last summer, I woke up here in petalburg woods with no memories, no idea of who I was, what I was doing here, how I got here... Nothing but a name, Yuina, and a handful of Pokemon that at least recognized me...," she started, it was time for the whole story.[break][break]
"In the swamps that night... The distortion that broke out in the caves, I understood what happened to me, but not why, or how... I was caught in a distortion at some point, and lived a life in the past for a time. The villagers found me, took me in, gave me a name, and then...," she shuttered, a tear breaking through her bleary eyes and running down her cheek.[break][break]
"Then... I ended up here... It's more than Yuina Higashi is a lie... Yuina was never supposed to exist... And the worst part is, I still don't even know who I used to be, to not live in this lie any more..."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 0:05:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

As Genny holds Yuina's hands, she sits and listens to the tale. Yuina woke up here, alone, with no memory, nothing but a name, a handful of Pokemon. Alone. That was terrible. To be stranded somewhere, never knowing who she was... it's not as simple to not worry about who came before. That mattered to Yuina, so it mattered to Genny all the same.[break][break]

Yuina had a dizzying start, and had pieced together what had happened to her all by her lonesome, standing alone, in a world that she didn't recognize. And by the time she broke, and stated she was never supposed to exist, Genny pulled Yuina so fucking fast into a hug, the sounds of her own patchy breathing heavy, as tears stung her eyes. Beachboy was crying too, hugging and being the slime child from behind Genny, a hug from behind, the squelching letting her know that 'hey, i'm here too.'[break][break]

"Yuina Higashi is one of my best friends," she starts, her voice cracked fully, her eyes tearing up. "I'm glad you exist... you've been doing this all by yourself the whole time," she cries out through her throat, closing and clinched. Her eyes are pooling down her cheeks, as she keeps that hug tighter, and tighter.[break][break]

"Yuina Higashi deserves to exist. Past or present, you are you. And if you don't know who Yuina is, I'll drop everything to help you find out, past or present."[break][break]

"Because you're my friend."[break][break]

That's her answer.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Genny hears the story... and her heart shatters. She grabs Yuina into a big, big fucking hug. Beachboy joins.[break]
- Genny responds that Yuina is one of her best, and that she is glad that Yuina Higashi exists. That she'll help at a moment's notice.[break]
- Because Yuina is her friend. Past or present. Memories or not. Yuina Higashi is her friend.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times