71 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
tetanus [coc]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 17:49:10 GMT
avery jones Avatar
She’s a multifaceted criminal so Rocket uses her for a variety of shit jobs, but she has to admit that stealing does not give her the rush that murder does. It’s not bad enough to force her up into her secret headspace where she doesn’t think and no one can hurt her.

She wonders how her erstwhile partner feels, stuck scrabbling in closed businesses for crumbs.

They have a quota of material to bring in but this shit is so goddamn boring. It’s not even diamonds or jewels or anything but fucking metal.

“Could be jewels, or something,” she mutters, reaching down to grab something-- something welded to something else and stuck fast, “you make computer chips out of diamonds or something, right?” Her voice undulates as she tugs, once, twice, three times-- then drops it with a hiss and stumbles back, looking at the bright red cut opened up along her palm.

“Well. There’s the blood I wanted,” she says, watching it drip down her wrist.
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
735 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
tetanus [coc]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 2:26:04 GMT
nina larson Avatar
[attr="class","ninalarson"]nina felt just fine doing the job of a thief. it was what she’d done for as long as she could remember, although generally, she was putting on an act, talking valuables out of peoples’ hands and lips.

but being on one of rocket’s lower rungs meant odd jobs sometimes, even if she’d climbed herself a step or two up the ladder. some work called only for brute force.

robbing for jewels would have much more satisfying.

”beats me. i’m not really much of a tech nerd.”

she watched her partner yank on a piece of metal, once, twice, ouch. nina winced, seeing the blood pool when opened her palm.

”that you wanted, huh?” her own hand reached for togepi’s pokeball. she released the baby pokemon into her arms, and sppoke softly to it, ”she’s hurt. can you help?” the togepi trilled, and upon being set down, went to work scattering drops of healing life dew around avery’s feet.

”why do they have you doing things like this? most of the feisty ones are preparing for war.”

[attr="class","ninalarsontag"]
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.ninalarson] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.ninalarson b] color: #5d8a99; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.mitchel i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.ninalarson u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ninalarsontag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.ninalarsontag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
SUPER GRAPHIC ULTRA MODERN
GIRL LIKE ME
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
packed lunch, school crush, bus home and play sonic
awards
71 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
tetanus [coc]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 16:44:17 GMT
avery jones Avatar
The problem was Avery wasn’t really good at stealing. She talked too much and wasn’t graceful, left fingerprints on everything, and has a heart of indifference towards the procurance of inanimate objects.

Stealing wasn’t people-y enough.

She collects an eddy of blood on her thumb and smears it over her black pants, giving the Togepi a small smile and collapsing to a criss-cross seated position to let the healing droplets scatter over her skin.

“Thanks. And, um, it’s a long story.”

She swallows, watching the skin knit together.

“Actually, no it’s not.” She felt she could share things with a fellow Rocket, if she didn’t go into specifics. “I did a lot of bad things in Kanto. I don’t wanna fight in another war, I don’t think. But I’m good at it and it doesn’t make me feel useless, like this does.” She gestured with her now healed hand to the liturgy of nigh-garbage they were scraping through.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
735 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
tetanus [coc]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 10:01:10 GMT
nina larson Avatar
[attr="class","ninalarson"]nina gave a small smile at the woman’s thanks before picking her togepi back up off the ground and cradling it in her arms, where it seemed utterly content.

avery had a dark past, one she likely shared with many of the rockets that had come into hoenn in preparation for the war. nina listened, her smile fading a bit. the grunt work that day had been surprising enough; she hadn’t expected to also be paired up with one of rocket’s war dogs.

there was pity in her eyes, assuming avery had likely been sent to be at the frontlines of their takeover, whether she liked it or not.

”there must be other things you’re good at besides war and scavenging for scrap metal,” she suggested. ”show them what else you can do. rob a bank, or something. there’s tons of opportunity here; the cops can’t keep up with the crime.”

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.ninalarson] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.ninalarson b] color: #5d8a99; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.mitchel i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.ninalarson u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ninalarsontag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.ninalarsontag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
SUPER GRAPHIC ULTRA MODERN
GIRL LIKE ME
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
packed lunch, school crush, bus home and play sonic
awards
71 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
tetanus [coc]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 19:51:34 GMT
avery jones Avatar
She plopped her chin on her now-healed palm and looked up at Nina.

Pretty, she thought, absently.

“I’m really good at dance dance revolution,” she said, because that was the first thing that popped into her head. “Maybe I could make a new game. Bank robbery revolution.”

But! Sitting around moping wasn’t going to get this shit done any faster. She sighed, clapped her hands on her knees, and rose to standing in one smooth, long-legged motion.

“Whaddabout you? You like this kinda thing?”

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
735 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
tetanus [coc]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 8:53:16 GMT
nina larson Avatar
[attr="class","ninalarson"]”oh yeah?” she laughed. ”bank robbery revolution… like, dazzle them with your footwork?” even fierce war machines rocket built were still human in the end. they liked human things. they had human hobbies. as well as nina knew people, she wasn’t sure why she ever found it surprising.

she waited for avery to stand before going back to their rather leisurely exploration. around a corner, they came upon a toolbox and she went for it.

“nah, not really much of a garbage collector,” she said as she pulled out a drill, testing it out with a smirk at avery before setting it aside. “my thing is getting to know people. getting to know what they know.”

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing