Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
novina's gift [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 21:56:19 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Underneath her company is a laboratory she used to love. Right now, she feels like it was actually built to mock her. Every machine, every sensor, every everything was telling her this Megalopolan bracelet was worthless. [break][break]

"Ridiculous!" She snarls, nearly flinging the bracelet to the floor in her angry gesturing, though her hand thankfully misses the accessory sitting underneath her energy reader. "It is absolutely nothing." No tera energy, no dream energy, no infinity energy. It wasn't even an interesting piece of Megalopolan technology. [break][break]

She had risked her reputation in grabbing that young Megalopolan, and she had nothing to show for it. "I learned almost nothing from the whole ordeal," she said remorsefully, looking to Lulu. "You can see for yourself: the minerals are unusual, but not particularly valuable." What was she going to do, transition her business into one selling Megalopolan accessories?

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
novina's gift [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 4:15:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
she’d barely glanced at novina’s bracelet since arriving. instead, she observed the frustrated woman who’d invited her there more closely. though her face was vague, there was a pleased look in her eye despite the lack of findings.[break][break]

it was in her surprising action that ameena had proven far more valuable traits about herself.[break][break]

when prompted, lulu’s gaze fell to the piece of jewelry, and she approached for a closer look. ”not to us, maybe.” though she wondered, briefly, about its monetary value, and trade in the megalopolan city.[break][break]

”we’ve witnessed more, to ask great new questions. that in itself is valuable, no?” she took a step back from the energy reader.[break][break]

”but you said you learned almost nothing. that can’t be true.”[break][break]

her gaze was on ameena again, expecting her colleague to keep talking; to recount and report anything gleaned from her terrible experience; to share her perspective and confusion, if nothing else.[break][break]

a black case sat off to the side which she’d brought along, its content yet to be revealed.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
novina's gift [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 16:24:06 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

It went against all the training on etiquette she had been raised on, but she sighed. Lulu was right. It hadn't been a worthless experience, it hadn't been a total loss... She had learned quite a bit. [break][break]

"You are right," she conceded. "Amor had told me about his experience with tera crystals and dream energy to summon Regidrago." Something she had never heard of before. "It is something to explore, especially with what we have seen about the relationship between tera crystals and the dream world. The Megalopolans had demonstrated a stronger relationship than I had previously believed existed."[break][break]

How to harness it, she couldn't quite say. She had done little work with tera so far. She had hoped to steal some Megalopolan technology to begin such work, but all she had gained was the bracelet. Ameena turned off her sensors and looked at Lulu more closely, noticing what the other doctor had carried into the lab. With refreshed interest, she asked, "What have you brought?"

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
novina's gift [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 1:04:47 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
regidrago’s summoning was only further evidence of the tera crystal’s power and value, worth exploring deeper still.[break][break]

lulu nodded at ameena’s observation, and turned towards the case she’d brought, speaking as she raised it onto a table, ”megalopolan notes found under route 119 suggest the crystal is new to at least some them – but it may have previously been in their world at some point. one in particular read that the crystal reminded them of ‘stories of the blinding one’.”[break][break]

who or what ‘the blinding one’ was, however, she was unsure.[break][break]

she continued, “they created a spaceship in that cave, presumably in the same way as the one we were kept on recently. cylora had discovered it could be powered by space-time distortions. however, when one occurred, the ship powered up and disappeared shortly after.” as had been mentioned in the november HNN article.[break][break]

”it’s worth further investigating what the megalopolans know about the relationship between the two phenomena. learning more about the tera crystal will almost certainly lead to breakthroughs in our dream research, among other things.”[break][break]

on the table, the case popped open, and from it lulu removed a jagged piece of megalopolan metal. it was entirely unremarkable at a glance, and when inspected, it would reveal nothing special.[break][break]

nonetheless, she slid it over towards her colleague.[break][break]

“this is a piece of spaceship we were on. i’ve yet to look very closely at it – you’re welcome to do so – but what’s most noteworthy, i think, is that unlike the one under route 119, it still exists. it traveled across dimensions.” she looked at ameena, excitement brewing in her eyes. ”it’s stable.”[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
novina's gift [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 15:39:41 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena hung onto Lulu's every word, intrigued always by developments regarding the Megalopolans. To her, they were starting to look more and more like the key to understanding alternate realities with their proximity to ultra space and distortions. Upon learning how involved tera crystals were, especially with what Amor had shared with her, Ameena was become unreasonably optimistic about the breakthroughs to be had. [break][break]

And as Lulu explained the metal, Ameena couldn't help the way her eyes lit up. "We could build something capable of withstanding interdimensional travel?" She was breathless. This kind of development was better than she could have dreamed. [break][break]

"Who else knows about it?" And who needed to be involved? was a famed blacksmith, so her mineral and material knowledge could help with the understanding of what made it stable and with the literal construction with it. Amor had trusted Erebus in 's capable hands, and their contribution might be necessary for the travel itself. "This is... this is huge."[break][break]

This was so unexpected but timely, and nearly on her birthday, too. She felt spoiled. "Where do we start?"

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
novina's gift [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2024 5:55:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
”we may be able to,” lulu nodded. ”i’d say with the tera crystals, the sky’s the limit. or, hell, maybe there are no limits.”[break][break]

it was dangerous in the hands of any one person who did not know its power, and perhaps even more so in the hands of someone who did. but the world was learning, the crystal was abundant, eating away at the earth beneath them, and they would not be alone in such a discovery.[break][break]

”about this particular piece of scrap metal? only you and i. but it makes me wonder, what else may have fully materialized into our world already, beyond just the paradox pokemon?”[break][break]

she pondered ameena’s question a moment, staring at the crumb of spaceship on the table, before deciding, ”we should go deep into the interdream zone, and see what we can create.”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
novina's gift [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2024 15:31:03 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Lulu's ambition was thrilling. The question is the question to ask. What else may have fully materialized into our world already, beyond just the paradox pokemon? It could be anything. Hell, the penitentiary had been the final nail in the coffin to force her to suspend her disbelief in all encounters in Hoenn. The region was unhinged, but it held so much potential that continued to grow. It was clear that there were large forces at work that all held varying interests... and who knew what they could find to fight back?[break][break]

"If these otherworldly materials do not always have odd readings, like this piece of metal, it could be easy to overlook other materializations." It could be like finding a needle in a haystack if you had no idea what the needle would look like. Still. The idea that something akin to the paradox pokemon could already be around was enough to warrant her attention. [break][break]

Lulu's pitch was dangerous. The interdream zone was a wild place. But nothing could be gained from ignoring it. "Yes," she agreed, "we should. I can clear my week if you are ready to go soon. If you want to try before this war really kicks off, the clock is ticking."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
novina's gift [m]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 4:53:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
she nodded. the clock was ticking, and there was no telling what discoveries had already been made on the other side.[break][break]

”then we’ll leave tomorrow. we should investigate this aggressively.”[break][break]

as exciting as the possibility of real creation within the interdream zone was, the implications were dangerous. amidst the excitement, there was a look of concern in her gaze too.[break][break]

”it’s imperative that we develop a method of differentiating between beings from our world and those that come from the interdream zone. who’s to say there aren’t paradox people among us?”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
novina's gift [m]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 15:03:29 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

"No time to waste," she echoed Lulu's sentiment with a sharpedo-like grin. She had no idea what they'd actually find, but that was true for just about every kind of expedition into Hoenn's wilds and ultra spaces and and and. This region was just a series of scientific impossibilities, and she thrived in it these days. [break][break]

Leaning into it was the best decision she'd made. And aligning with Rocket to borrow the brilliance of its minds was the second best. "Do we need to loop anyone else in on this expedition?" Sometimes, covering their bases with an interdisciplinary approach would lead to the best results, but given the nature of the exploration, it could also be better to just have the experts involved like themselves.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
novina's gift [m]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 19:51:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
they’d have left that moment, if not for a few things to wrap up on the submarine and bats to tend to at home. sleepless, she’d spend the bulk of the night trying to distract herself from the exciting expedition ahead.[break][break]

”i’ll alert the need-to-know’s of our absence and general location, in case we go missing.”[break][break]

it was an undeniable possibility, and one with a non-insignificant likelihood.[break][break]

”it’ll just be us.” she recalled all the warnings of the interdream zone, knowing the danger they’d be in. over a year ago, she had suggested rocket explore the interdream zone together, but things had changed since then. ”the fewer minds packed together there, the safer we’ll be, i think.”[break][break]

”bring your best pokemon. something dark, or a ghost or a bug. and something to keep your mind clear.”[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP