pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,028 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
l◻f◻ l◻ght (SS:G)
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 19:15:54 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The words sting and Temp knows he should feel some type of shame but all he feels is bubbling anger. It's hot and sticky and he knows very well that he should tamp down on the white hot rage licking to the surface. But Temp has always had anger problems, deep seeded and raw and ugly, had probably just never had to see them when that fury was pointed at him instead.
[break][break]
"You're a fucking- gu."[break][break]

Temp clicks his mouth shut forcefully, as if choking on the word. Why was he about to say that to Cil? All anger and venom and Mother he was so angry and hurt and betrayed and aching and.[break][break]

Why would he ever want to hurt Cil just because of that?[break][break]

Temp's hand stays on the doorknob, body shaking as he tries to calm himself. His eyes burn as he stares at the doorknob, feeling rooted to the spot. He should, leave, shouldn't he?[break][break]

Why does it feel like it would be a mistake if he did?

[attr="class","tag"] (CC: )

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 original thread

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 19:38:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He turns as if to walk out before remember that this is his home; he doesn't kick his partner out, instead stalking toward the kitchen for a drink.[break][break]

Cillian pauses, turning back sharply as Temp chokes off his words.[break][break]

Golden eyes narrow with suspicion and anger. He can imagine several words that might've followed the first, none of them good. The thought of a drink forgotten, he stands illuminated in the kitchen archway.[break][break]

"Do go on." His tone is dangerous. "What am I?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 22:20:49 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

Standing in the kitchen archway and looking at Tempest, you hear him speak, though it is clear from what you can see of him that he is not talking. He says, "Cil, I think m' lungs collapsed."

The scene is the same. Tempest is standing at the doorknob, contemplating, and yet. Those words you had heard before are here now.

You can still hear Cillian's remark from this day: "You're putting us both in danger." But it is a whispered chorus. But it is not totally whole. But memory is a fickle thing, rendered all the more capricious in the clutches of the subconscious mind.

The words shift like silt in a river. Beneath the conversation at hand, you continue to hear: "You're asking me to hurt you. You're asking me to hurt you. You're asking me to hurt you." Wherever you look, there is no determinable source of the sound. However you try to block it out, its soft sound will find your ears.
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,028 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 3:02:22 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Y-you- you're a-"[break][break]

But the word won't pass his lips. Suddenly Temp feels dizzy. He feels heat in his cheeks, wetness gathering at the corners of his eyes. Once, long ago, had used hands both rough and soft to pry the fake smiles off his face. To allow Temp to cry free his grief in front of the other. Crying had never been a weakness to Temp, but it was a burden. To make others worry about him caused a prickling feeling of guilt that was worse than anything that could make him cry. That same shame, now, echoes hot and warm against his teeth.[break][break]

"I..."[break][break]

Whispering cuts in the ears, razor sharp. It slices against him, making his wince as he realizes it is Cillian's voice. A chorus that stings.[break][break]

"S-stop! I don't want you to hurt me!"[break][break]

Whirling around, a few angry tears drip down his face. Had he been crying before now? He can't remember. It's hard. His mind feels strange. The whispering cuts.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 original thread

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 23:20:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian scrunches up his nose.
[break][break]

He could've sworn he heard muttering about a collapsed lung, only his lips weren't moving and that made no fucking sense in the current context.
[break][break]

He blinks, taking a wary step back. A wild, paranoid thought flits through: what if this wasn't his husband at all? If could change their face, did others possess such power?
[break][break]

The next time Temp speaks, lip movement and all, Cillian's lips pull into a silent snarl.
[break][break]

"What the hell are you on about?" He hadn't said anything about hurting him. "You were about to insult me a second ago, now you're playing victim?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 20:15:04 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

A shadow miasma fills the edges of your vision for only a moment.

You see, then, that the house looks more sterile than it had before. No, you realize, you've seen this exact state of your house once before. It looks like it had in the alternate timeline with no expulsion. The house was no home, and it had not known Tempest. While the house has become colder, duller, more sickly, it still holds Tempest now, before you, at the door.

About to leave.

The door disappears before your very eyes. In fact, for a moment, the entire world around you shifts to a soft pink tone before reverting back to the house, though it still has no door. No door, but the voices from before are gone. You only have Cillian and his rage.

But over Cillian's shoulder you can see something fuzzy, like the inexplicable image on side 2 of an eye exam, but even though it is nearly impossible to make out the meaning of the blob of colors, you find yourself aware that it is Cresselia, looking just as she had the last time you met her. The visual fades. For only one second, the entire dream seems to flicker, but it returns.

The immersion of the dream teeter-totters. Then, it tips one way, and you find yourself feeling the emotional weight of the scene tenfold. You are here in your home with your husband who is beyond angry at the mission's outcome, at your attempt to hand wave consequences because of his position, and because of what almost past your lips again. The door is gone.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,028 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 5:58:17 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

This the third time that Cresselia has come face to face with Tempest. The first time on Mt. Pyre, years ago when he was still a fledgling trainer. He had still been a Rararie then, had still been Merlino. He had fallen from the cliff face before her dance knitted his wounds back together.[break][break]

The second time was on the moon, with , , and . The crescent pokemon had attacked the ship they flew before hiding on the dark side of that cold rock.[break][break]

Tempest feels a faint recognition there even if muddy.[break][break]

"Cresselia?" Is muttered between them, confused, a name he does not recall learning.[break][break]

Then the door is gone and all he feels is anger hurt guilt sadness shock.[break][break]

They hadn't been married yet, when this argument happened, but now the pretty golden wedding band gleams on his finger. His share of the Luvdisc pair leans in for a kiss, awaiting it's partner's mouth; something only held hands can gain. The engraving has small nicks and scratches from their life together, a life he has not lived yet in this memory.[break][break]

"I don't want to lose you." Is choked out, voice a high whine. Tempest's shoulders hunch, head burying in his hands. He does not turn back to face the wrath he knows he will find.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 original thread

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 6:29:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cresselia.[break][break]

Cillian knows that name only loosely, from tales told by and from its connection to the Darkrai that his sister had once vesseled.[break][break]

To hear its name from 's lips would've been strange on any occasion, but it rings especially so here. His paranoia continues to spike. Temp voices a fear of losing Cillian, but Cillian fears something far worse.[break][break]

This wasn't their home, too cold and sterile and absent of the milling shapes of dogs.[break][break]

What if it wasn't his husband, either?[break][break]

"What are you?" he challenges, harsh. "Some Triad trick?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 17:35:49 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

Everything turns to black and white. Your house, your husband, your world is grayscale. All but you. You feel something solid materialize in your hands.

You have a gun.

You are aware.

This is no normal dream, no memory replayed at the hand of your conscience to work through guilt, no nightmare. You know you are speaking with the real Cillian, even if this is not reality.

THIS PROMPT CANNOT BE CHANGED BY THE UN.
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,028 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 23:29:40 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Triad trick? You do-"[break][break]

Tempest cuts himself off, finally whirling around to actually face the other.[break][break]

A few things click into place at once.[break][break]

One: This is like some weird memory or dream or something?[break][break]

Two: That is actually his husband. The real, and probably as confused as he is, in the flesh(?).[break][break]

Three: Cil has a gun and will 100% shoot him.[break][break]

Suddenly the experience of marriage cuts in with a sharp clarity. Now, see, in most situations people might start pleading with their partner. Reveal everything they know about the other in some show of love and care. There was an deep bond that came with knowing what each other's farts smelled like and how you each brushed your teeth.[break][break]

But, you see, Cillian Quinn was a very paranoid man. If Temp suddenly started rattling off all the shit he'd learned about the other, those soft little secrets that humanized the man in front of him, Cillian would without a doubt shoot him square between the eyes. Tempest knew that in his heart of hearts.[break][break]

This was a minefield. One he intended to come out on the other side on, since he didn't really know if Cillian shooting him would kill him for real.[break][break]

"I'm going to raise my hands up and get on the ground." Tempest swallowed hard, sweat starting to collect on his brow, as he did just what he promised. Slowly raised his hands up to show he wasn't carrying anything, then dropped himself with less grace than he would like to his knees. [break][break]

"Cil, I'm not one of those Triad fuckers. I can prove it. Ask me anything you want, only something that I would know."[break][break]

Put the ball in his court, then maybe he won't blast my brains out.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 original thread

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 23:44:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He doesn't remember drawing the gun.[break][break]

It's as if he blinks and in the time it takes for colour to drain from the world around him, he's somehow armed himself. The gun feels right in his grip. It's loaded.[break][break]

He doesn't hesitate to point it at the image of the man he loves, because this is not his husband.[break][break]

is right to avoid spilling his secrets into the air between them. Cillian's hands are shaking and his eyes are wild and the only thing that makes him hesitate isn't even Temp's words, but the knowledge that the Triad agent might escalate the second he fires.[break][break]

That breath taken for thought is enough for Temp's plea to register, for him to drop to his knees.[break][break]

Cillian's jaw trembles and he clenches it hard.[break][break]

"How should I know what you fuckers know about me?" The RVL route had depicted him eerily well. The Cloud had materialized his body perfectly. His finger tightens dangerously against the trigger. Hesitant, he whispers into the air between them, "What's my safe word?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,028 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2024 0:23:12 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Kanto."[break][break]

It's whispered with the same weight and gravity as the word deserves. Printed on the back of 's eyelids as it was, Tempest could never forget it. Didn't even need to think about it before he spoke it into the air.[break][break]

He allows it to linger for a moment before he continues, voice low and somber.[break][break]

"The first time you used it... it was a test. To see if I would really stop." Tempest had, of course. As soon as that had left the other's mouth he had snapped out of whatever stupor that Cillian Quinn always managed to put him into. Had started to untie and clean and ask questions with sincerity. And he always would if he didn't die here.

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 original thread

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 16:27:47 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

The dreamscape does not change.

Your awareness has given you the ability to alter this reality as if you were lucid dreaming. You can do anything but wake up.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,028 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 12:16:06 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

There is but a moment of hesitation there.[break][break]

Tempest can feel a shift around him. A bubble popping, it washes over with a glass clarity of recognition. This is a dream. A dream can shift. It's lucid but sticking, honey drizzled rotten just like in the prison. Only there are no Megalopilans here to listen to him proselytize.[break][break]

The gun would melt, little more than grey water oozing down the hand and dripping to the floor. would feel the weapons hidden on his body do the same, sliding like grease down his chest, thighs, in his shoe. Only the most intimate of knowledge for the most intimate of partners.[break][break]

"Cillian," Tempest grits out, quickly forcing himself up with the grace of a killer. He needed to act quickly; even without a clear weapon, Cillian was dangerous. "we're dreaming."

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 original thread

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 19:12:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Kanto.[break][break]

A place of darkness. A place he'd never go when he felt safe. There was no mistaking its use in a scene as anything other than a call to halt. It falls from 's lips without hesitation.[break][break]

Cillian's still holding the gun. Doesn't lower it.[break][break]

What if they know that, too? What if they'd got to Temp? He knew his husband would never willingly surrender his secrets, but the Triad had shown through the Cloud how unreliable their reality could be. What data might they extract from a victim?[break][break]

He nods, uncertain, and swallows hard.[break][break]

He wants to believe him, but he's scared.[break][break]

And when the gun melts in his hand, along with all the other weapons that might protect him, it shifts to terror. He pats at his belt as if not believing the knife is really gone, takes a wary step back into a grayscale kitchen and reaches for the knife rack. His hand passes through empty space.[break][break]

Temp gets to his feet. Cillian circles the kitchen island, putting it between them.[break][break]

We're dreaming, Temp insists, and golden eyes narrow. "Are we? How d'you know?"[break][break]

Doubt. Enough to buy time.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven