She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
536 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
take cover [m]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 20:07:56 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin clapped the boss guy on his shoulder. "I got this, don't sweat it." She watched him shrug and walk off, not even staying in the conference room to get the training himself. She didn't want to make a scene in demanding he stay, and it really wasn't her place to do so to begin with. She turned back to the room of employees gathered for an impromptu training and waved at the room with both hands. "Heya!" She offered with far too much enthusiasm.

"Robin Coello, at your service. I heard the folks in this building are up-to-date on fire drills, but we haven't done any lockdown procedures. It's important to be prepared," she said vaguely, not referencing the war-shaped cufant in the room. Anxiety over the coming conflict was bad enough without speaking it aloud, so she barreled past the unfortunate pause.

"Defense is all about proactive action. I want to show you all how every resource can be used defensively: yourself, your environment, and your pokemon. Let's have a volunteer... hm, you!" She pointed at . "Come up here and show us your pokemon!"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aphelion

ada
they/them
thirty-seven
october 11
lavender town
greysexual
secretary
civilian
5'7" (170.18 cm) height
5'7" (170.18 cm) height
if grief is an amputation, then hope is an incurable hemophilia
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adele
adele veronesi
take cover [m]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 20:50:37 GMT
adele veronesi Avatar
somehow, they knew waking up was a bad idea.

nothing was exceptionally different. just the same procedures and protocols that they droned on about in the event of an emergency. exits are there. try to avoid breaking windows. leave your things behind. avoid confrontation unless absolutely necessary. barricade yourself inside with the furniture until rescue teams could arrive. whatever. the thought occurs briefly that they wouldn't really need to hear these more than once a year if the league stopped painting a target on the doors of a building that was mostly civilians.

it never really feels like they're the ones who suffer for it. no one likes to hear that.

adele idly picks at their cuticles.

their pinky bleeds a little.

it's always going to be people like them. them, and this spunky little ranger trying her best to engage patent indifference to keep them up to date. a few weeks ago, it'd been fires. last tuesday, it'd been about floods and tsunamis. yesterday, earthquakes. every eventuality was possible when you co-existed with little monsters that could reshape the earth they stood on as they knew it. monsters is thought with just a touch of fondness, still. it's fine. an hour-long seminar about safety was doable.

what wasn't is being called upon for a demonstration.

adele glances up slowly, staring down robin's index finger like it was the barrel end of a gun. "volunteers are—" voluntary, as is implied in the word. don't sigh. don't make it obvious. they step out of the crowd and shuffle towards the center of the room at her invitation. pokeballs click together as they settle in and they pluck one after another off their snap locks. upon release, each look to their owner, then back to the stranger girl beside them. "alright, now what?"

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
536 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
take cover [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 18:54:18 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Thank you for volunteering, uh..." Robin prompted for their name.

Robin's enthusiasm fell at the sight of the volunteer's pokemon. She knew her way around a Gastly - which wasn't great for defense - but a Chatot? Who kept one of those around? They just yapped all the time. Psyduck? Maybe they were a bird freak like . She supposed she shouldn't yuck their yum or whatever, but...

"Oh," she finally said, sounding disappointed. Pivot, pivot! "Er, every pokemon can be used defensively, every one of 'em. Psyducks are known for the ability to confuse! If my Sinistea attacked you," she gestured to the possessed teacup. It chimed aggressively, though its angry face was... pretty cute. "I would expect your Psyduck to confuse her instinctively." Chatot could use sound-based attacks and Gastly, uh, she was still thinking about that one.

Robin did her best to smile at the Chatot, then turned back to Adele. "If I tried to wrestle you to the ground, but you already had your Chatot out, what would you order it to do?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aphelion

ada
they/them
thirty-seven
october 11
lavender town
greysexual
secretary
civilian
5'7" (170.18 cm) height
5'7" (170.18 cm) height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adele
adele veronesi
take cover [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 7:58:04 GMT
adele veronesi Avatar
well, they don't know anything about instinct.

"adele," to fill in the blanks.

it’s hard to not imagine the disappointment. a chatot with an attitude problem, a psyduck that never really seemed to know what was happening and a gastly that was more judgmental than she was anything else—they weren't exactly an impressive bunch to be working with. any skills that they might've had were beyond adele's knowledge. they'd grown a bit every so often when they dropped them off at the daycare when they passed through verdanturf, but it wasn't exactly a convenient day trip from ever grande.

they weren't much of battlers as much as they were pets and adele, likewise, wasn't much of a trainer.

a part of them feels just the tiniest bit bad.

anyone would've hoped for something more. helpful, to illustrate the point. most people who worked here had some vague interest in this, didn't they? "mm, i don't know about that." they jerked a thumb in luce's direction and the psyduck blinks one eye after the other, still working on puzzling out just exactly what he was doing here. he picks his beak when it looks like he decides he doesn't care after all. "he doesn't have a whole lot going on in there." but, sure, to her point: luce could theoretically use confusion or something.

he's definitely had enough headaches where their back ended up cracking the drywall.

as for their chatot? adele bites down on their tongue to resist the urge to say nothing and look uncooperative.

but, really:

"i don't, uh. know? i guess he could pull on your hair."

or. um.

"he can sing, maybe." he had an awful voice, but adone undeniably had the confidence. chiara cackles with delight. but, at the prompt sing, the chatot preens with excitement and opens his beak, cheekily sing-screeching at the top of his lungs. adele stares back at robin, level expression without falter as they vaguely gesture to their show bird with a bland flourish. "then, you'd fall asleep, or—" "twwiIiNKlKLEEE, TWINKLE LITTLE STaaaARAARRRR!" "—go blind."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
536 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
take cover [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 15:54:57 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

It becomes very clear, looking at their Psyduck blinking out of sync, that Robin needs to pivot. These pokemon have next to know survival instinct. It happens, sometimes, to very domesticated ones. Robin hasn't had the problem herself. She flinches at the Chatot's voice and takes a deep, settling breath.

She picked the wrong volunteer.

"Ok!" She says cheerfully, clapping her hands together. "Your Chatot can deter any coming threat with sing, and your Psyduck looks so inconspicuous that it could be out in the open and not be attacked by, say, some criminals trying to perform a heist. They'd leave this docile fella alone. That can be valuable for getting information, though I can't speak to how comfortable Psyducks are with telepathy." Their intelligence rating wasn't as high as the Ralts line of pokemon.

A pokemon focus isn't working so great, though. "Tell me, Adele, what you would do if someone came in and tried to rob you." People-first defense would be a better approach, surely, for this group of employees.

close tab

played by

aphelion

ada
they/them
thirty-seven
october 11
lavender town
greysexual
secretary
civilian
5'7" (170.18 cm) height
5'7" (170.18 cm) height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adele
adele veronesi
take cover [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 7:04:45 GMT
adele veronesi Avatar
bless her heart, she was trying.

it might've been condescending to say out loud. maybe they should've asked to borrow someone else's. their hand falls aback, resting at the space between their shoulder and their neck as robin works to find another reason. any reason to let this charade go on. "um, would it be easier for me to just—" adele vaguely gestures between themself and the crowd of on-lookers, who were equal parts entertained by the clumsiness of the presentation and irritated to see how long it was going on because they'd been less than helpful.

"a? heist?"

the corners of their lips twitch. "that's not really," what anyone here's actually worried about. "you're joking." they didn't put a lot of stock in any of the security around. but, between the league proper and the able trainers that were, the implication here is that they were worried that some rank-and-file were going to be subject to—what? thugs that were going to come in and crack their heads on the tile? they bite their tongue harder.

everyone's just—

it's not her fault, a voice gently reminds.

but, this is just the problem with everything, another balks, and their lips press into a tight seam. no one ever tells them anything until it happens. so, no one takes it seriously until they're staring dead-eyed at the five o'clock news, trying to figure out where the hell that they're supposed to run or if it's just another catastrophe they need to avert their attention from for peace of mind.

their gaze flicks away. hand ruffles through their hair. don't ask the question you actually want to. "um, i don't know. punch them. find the heaviest thing i can grab and hit them with it." sure. why not. "run?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven