awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adele
adele veronesi
bird's eye view
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 6:04:01 GMT
adele veronesi Avatar
there are times when they feel there is no true justice.

the evidence to prove that was everywhere. all anyone needed to do was take a closer look. not adele veronesi, when it was incontestable enough that permanent shadows hang low beneath their slate-gray eyes.

not them, when the only wrong thing that they've done recently was walk past a volunteer without looking.

adone—was a problem child. they'd thought nothing of his absence at first. the chatot was a regular escapee, ill-tempered and often as bored as their gastly was but with none of the patience to at least stay quiet about it. it was a rare occasion that they let their pokemon meander about on their own and rarer still that they'd even brought their pokeballs with them to work.

a bit of kindness, then. a change in pace.

( an insistence on their boss's part, in the case of an emergency, though adele finds themself hard-pressed to tell them that they can hardly think of a situation where any of theirs would be welcome help. )

just one problem. they'd forgotten just how much they talked to themself at home, forgotten just how attentive yet gabby that bird was. if there was any such thing as karma, they are convinced that that vague, arbitrary hand ought place a visit with the powers that be and were instead of punishing them for having an opinion.

many, many opinions.

hand shielding their face as they avoided the sharp, critical glares of a few other colleagues who’d likely been on the receiving end of their supposedly unpleasant behavior, adele makes their way down. he often came to sit here, didn't he?

they cycle through the folder somewhere tucked into the back of their head of names, faces, identities. lands on, "mr. logan!" lam, their brain supplies belatedly.

it's fine.

formality is better.

"you haven't seen my chatot around, have you?"

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
his hands keep turning into birds and flying away from him. eventually the birds must land.
awards
1,740 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
bird's eye view
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 21:59:00 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ambrosia lam"]
[attr="class","amilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

Sleepy green eyes blinked, heavy-lidded and droopy as movement flickered in the corner of his vision. Lam pitched himself upright in his seat from where the side of his face had been pressed against the tabletop. Bleariness making way for the agitated pacing of someone bursting on the scene with the buzz of nervous, urgent energy.[break][break]
Oh. They were looking for him. His glance tilted sideways back to the scattered paperwork on the desk in front of him. Much less fun than conducting matches, but a necessary evil that had drawn him away from Lilycove for the day.[break][break]
He’d told himself he couldn’t put it off any longer, but what had he been doing the last few hours? Socializing…staring into space… napping?? Perchance. The sticky note stuck to his cheek betrayed him.[break][break]
First, his expression brightened with familiarity…only for his nose to wrinkle up in the next beat. “Oh, no. Lam is fine,” he replied automatically before the greeting was returned. “Adele, right? Hi.” He was terrible with formality–much much too relaxed for any semblance of it to really suit him.[break][break]
A hand raked through a bird’s nest of spring green, doing its sham of neatness no further favors.[break][break]
His head canted to the side, brows furrowing as he looked toward the nearby window. Adone had garnered a bit of a reputation for jail breaking himself, huh? “You know, I do think I saw him earlier, preening with some of my own birds.” More specifically, the chatot he himself had been trying to work with. Cherry, a gift from The Visionary (,) had been unexpectedly bestowed.[break][break]
But fully a handful.[break][break]
He pointed to where a flock of pidove had roosted, still contentedly keeping to themselves as Lam had preoccupied himself with dozing– er, filing new gym trainer paperwork. Missing among them were any signs of any chatot.[break][break]
“Well, the good news was I saw him,” he repeated as he turned back toward Adele, smile wide and thin-lipped in the face of whatever impending havoc two willful chatots could wreak on a league operated business building.[break][break]
“Bad news is it looks like he’s absconded, with my chatot in tow.” Totally fine, though. Totally.

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","icon-flying"] double trouble ???

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

[newclass=".lam"] --accent:#acc77b; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ambrosia .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ambrosia .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:500; } .ambrosia .textbox a { font:600 13px/13px 'Poppins'!important; } .ambrosia .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ambrosia .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .ambrosia .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ambrosia .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ambrosia .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ambrosia .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:500 11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 } .ambrosia .tagline a { font:500 11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px; margin-top: 10px; align-content: center;flex-direction: row;flex-wrap: nowrap;align-items: center; } .ambrosia .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; } .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/10px 'Poppins'!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .ambrosia .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

aphelion

ada
they/them
thirty-seven
october 11
lavender town
greysexual
secretary
civilian
5'7" (170.18 cm) height
5'7" (170.18 cm) height
if grief is an amputation, then hope is an incurable hemophilia
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adele
adele veronesi
bird's eye view
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 7:43:17 GMT
adele veronesi Avatar
"i didn't interrupt some very important business, did i?"

a snort comes out involuntarily as they watch as the adhesive on a sticky note slowly peel itself off of his cheek. at least he does them the great favor of removing the vaguest twitch of guilt in the asking by having not been—well, doing anything of great significance. there'd been plenty of times before that they'd found themselves making a tense conversation worse just by arriving to deliver a note or coffee on a late night.

there'd been plenty of other times, when adele found themself wondering whether or not any of some of these league officers were very much aware of the place that they were—cavorting? they sound like a grandmother—in.

"adele, right."

a polite, but tense smile. "hi," as their eyes follow his to the window.

don't tell them that adone'd been here and said something equally compromising.

thoughts rake over the farthest reaches of their memory, but lands on nothing that they think they might've said about him that would've come across as strange. warnings, at best, for adone to not invite himself into any more trouble than he already did. reminders to be polite if given a treat, even though they knew anything that they said went well and over that chatot's pea-sized brain.

"huh?" oh, they'd missed it.

"i'm sorry; he was here?" adele parrots back. "and he left, with?" their mouth falls open. then shut. then open again. a newfound urgency replaces any pause for friendliness. two chatots? equally loud-mouthed birds, entirely too likely to mimic each other? without any supervision? with their thoughts? "we need to find them. right now." a pause. rewind. "i—" no, we is presumptuous. they only meant to ask—"ah, i'll need to excuse myself. mr. logan."

request is already forgotten, and adele hastens down the hall without remembering to at least close the door.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP