awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 6:23:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando winces when they land. He can still feel the impact reverberate against his legs. Soreness? A bruise? He’s not quite sure but both are unnecessary. In fact, the whole ride was nothing but an extravagant splurge that undercuts the whole basis of his lifestyle.

Indeed.

And, likewise, he lacks the affinity she has for the stargaze sight above. Mere twinkles of lights are meant to be conquered, not marveled. Yet, he remains, nothing more than an observant perch trying to understand the women who returns.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 17:28:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]ori thrums beneath them, tail curling. his eyes are half-lidded and he too stares upward. fernando is an (un)welcome and (un)familiar presence, and he satisfies a craving she hadn't known she'd been feeling. 

human comfort is fleeting for people like them, and even now she yearns privacy, to go back to the sky and pull herself from the ground that fernando insists on tethering her to. 

"call upon me when you need me. for now, i'll return to sootopolis." 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 12px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 8:13:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

"I WILL." Fernando excuses himself with the same haste that Freya had used to dash their exit from Stone's funeral. Now that the commonality is dead the distinction between them widens. They are two people from different worlds, brought together by circumstances above them. And when that falls through so do their ties. But fate's red string refuses to let her go. She will yo-yo, spun around his finger when duty calls, until he severs the cord himself.

"Good night, Freya." Her name sits on his tongue with the same intensity of sea salt. It leaves his mouth dry.

The next time he calls for her isn't anything special. No more than a visit. At least on the surface. But behind every call, every action, there is purpose. Today, Fernando reviews what she is and what she can provide to him. A weapon left unpolished is prone to rust. For the events to come, he needs he primed.

Ready.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 15:31:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]in the interim, she does not take visitors, at least not for the first two weeks that she returns. with her parents gone and freya missing in action, the spirits of the den are hollow and wanting. upon her return, there is a flux, a flurry. 

her cousin apologizes for the state of things, that she's been doing her best while they anxiously await her return. 

she is moved, albeit only until guilt threatens to claw its way through. 

though not in a state of total disrepair, training is not up to the morningstar standard. her cousin is relieved of her duties, half as punishment, and half for her own good---she's instructed to fly to a little cabin over a cliffside, where she'll find a garden awaiting her, and a safe haven away from the world. 

i won't be needing that anymore, she reminds herself as she watches her cousin go.

a physician comes to assess the damages to her body. she is likened much the same to her crippled salamence, though she has no mega stone to stitch her whole. and so she swallows this setback with a grain of salt and turns to bow and arrow, strengthening her shoulders and her arms, fine-tuning muscles that had once been eaten alive. 

when fernando sees her next, she is not as ghastly. she meets him at the entrance on the back of the same salamence that took them for a dive all those moons ago. her bow is slung across her back, battle garb adorning her bodice. 

her boots crunch against the ground as she slides off of ori and welcomes her ally with open arms. 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 12px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 0:44:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

WHAT HE SEES IS A GHOST REVITALIZED. She rises to his call rather than the powers slumbering under his finger tips but the method means little. Freya Morningstar will fall in line with the specters that haunt under his influence. The difference is she remains malleable—the human factor, one he values but also anticipates as a living liability.

If that isn’t a sight for sore eyes.

The last time he had seen her in such wear, bow and hand, the world was only at the beginning of its tipping point. Their issues were simple: criminal organizations of people, not aliens. And now, since their dissolvement and subsequent rebranding, he relies on her to come out once more.

Fernando responds in kind, just as amiable as before, but seemingly more open than their first meeting.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 1:02:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]he is much the same man, except perhaps for a gauntness to his cheeks. the salamence behind her preens his claws and freya steps closer to fernando, embracing him before he can counter otherwise. 

the fog that had settled over her half-lived-in-body has cleared; it's a marvel what a good diet and a luxurious mattress can do for the body. 

"you mentioned an assessment?" she says. there isn't much use to bothering with formalities. the pretenses have all gone. 

she goes to mount ori so that she can offer fernando a tour. how long has it been since their first? 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 1:21:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

AN EMBRACE FROM THE VERY WOMAN WHO ENTERTAINED WHISPERS OF A COUP D’ETAT. He finds the distance of their journey ironic despite the gaps they’ve taken in-between. No matter how far they diverge, their actions have brought them back together. All over the death of his greatest rival.

Things have changed. Battles are fought differently. They’re more personal yet also waged at a greater scale.

She is his guide through what remains of the estate. How much she can spruce up since her absence, is left to be seen. He’s never cared for it really, having his own impersonal feelings about raising Pokemon, but his curiosity resurfaces at her offer.

I want to see where you stand and where you fit in.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 1:14:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"well, we're quite prepared for greater scale." and at that, the salamence leaps, straining only for a few moments as gravity threatens them back towards the ground. freya's mouth twists--he may be quick, but they do not share the same synchronicity as herself and lyune. and so her leg twinges every once in a while. 

she puts it at the back of her mind, as she's grown accustomed to, and the grandeur hallway opens up to what will be a familiar scene for fernando. 

but there is a somber way to the way her soldiers move. where dragons could have been seen lounging alongside trainers, where laughter on the sparring court could have been heard--there is none. it is replaced with a militaristic veil; the cold reality of war, and loss, smothers them. 

she stops at the edge of a battlefield, where trainer and dragon fight side by side, trading blows and drawing blood. she dismounts and looks to fernando for approval, but is surprised at his words.

"i stand with you," she says. "i thought i made myself clear in that regard." 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 11:03:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

THE CONTRAST BETWEEN THE ESTATE THEN AND NOW REMINDS HIM OF HER. It lacks the same life he had once admired—perhaps too strong a word, appreciated being the more fitting choice—about her and her entirety.

At the sight, he can’t help but wonder: how much of this would have been reserved if he had stepped in earlier? If Freya never had the chance to shirk from her responsibilities and title? A fool’s errand but one he questions for the sake of settling his resolve.

None of that matters because Fernando took the best option at the time. Whether or not it proves the correct one doesn’t matter. He has no room for second guessing.

Not allegiance—I trust you, which I find very hard to do,” Fernando confesses between narrowed eyes. “Where do you stand compared to your former glory? Where does the Freya of today rank against the enemies of tomorrow?

The last time she had challenged him, he bore the powers of a God.

No, he merely tilled the soil. What bloomed since then is the true machinations of something beyond.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 15:36:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she believes him—that he trusts her, that he could say it as simply as he could call the sky blue. it is a visceral thing in her, this realization that she has earned his trust. that after everything, that only after being broken down and built back up by his hands does he see her as a true ally. 

and so i have fulfilled my duty—knight or pawn, i'm part of his game. 

she does not liken herself to be his queen, but she looks down at her hands, at the way her fingers curl as she understands, finally, his reason for being here. 

there is a sick feeling to her gut and her nerves crackle, sending a twinge of reminder to her battle-scarred leg, twisted and nigh useless. 

"she stands, resolute and prepared," she says, voice heavy with solemnity. she whistles and a courier brings her her bow and quiver—alexander's creation, his last gift to her before passing on.

"you challenge me, then?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 9:22:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

HOW PREPARED CAN A RELIC BE? No more than a year passes but the escalation of war has revolutionized the art. An agreed upon rule—that Pokemon are for sport, never harm, gleams in the twilight of what brought him here, to Hoenn.

Fernando’s scowl judges the ornamental weapon she dons. It still proves lethal, yes, but effective? That remains to be seen. Human kind has evolved to wield a new weapon, divinity personified.

We shall see. The art of war has changed, Freya.

His essence, his MISTY TERRAIN, plumes around him. She’s seen it once before but that was when he was powerless. Nothing more than a blanket against suffering the worse of common ailments. Now? A sinister influence instigates those that find themselves swept away by his mist.

It spreads as down his smile as his expression inverts.

I do.

He hides his timing well, waiting to spring the puppeteers trap.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 16:12:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"no," she says, "it hasn't." it is still ruthless trauma, gutless heroism. it is lifeblood spilling from too many bodies, from glistening red fangs and claws and hands, creamy white, eyes flickering with the flames of a once-human before her, screaming to stop and then just screaming and then just nothing, and then just ash. 

war was always this bloody, was always about the apex predators, the simplicity of the food chain. as the mist curls around her, she feels a strange sense of calm. i wouldn't be so upset if he kills me where i stand. 

and this chilling thought has her snicking a new button on her bow. mechanical parts whir and as she flourishes the bow, it bends, curving in on itself, locking into a hilt, blade wicked and deadly, and momentum carrying it straight towards fernando's neck. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 7:14:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

FERNANDO MAKES NO MOVE TO STOP HER. He doesn’t need to.

Each action she performs fulfills the ritual of the kill. It brings her closer to pulling the trigger. And, to no surprise, she does.

The arrow splits the air with a menacing whistle. Enough to pierce his ears before it’ll skewer his throat. The wound will be clean. A perfect puncture to leave him drowning in his own blood.

But the satisfaction of the kill never comes. The arrow b ounds off the black carapace of his Tapu Fini’s shell. As long as Fernando lives and breaths MISTY TERRAIN so too will the Pokemon appear at his beckon.

The island deity, guardian of Hoenn’s sea, looks to her. It lacks malice. Or anything, really. Just a deep, blank stare that beckons at her soul. To ask her to unwind what she keeps buried inside.

Tapu Fini will find no answer from Freya because she is not the only one to exist within the terrain. Her Pokemon will find its loyalty tested, corrupted as every synapse within its brain becomes rewired. Raw instinct will be given the reigns as the Pokemon comes under Tapu Fini’s jurisdiction.

The command is simple: Freya is the enemy.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 14:19:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she expects a move like this. her blow is powerful, but the hard shell of tapu fini does not cause her to stagger. she follows with her momentum, stepping to the side as she gives herself a berth from her target. her lips part and she whistles a sharp breath as her leg twinges. 

the supernatural fog curls around her feet and she bares her teeth in a grimace. moxie, a curled comfort against her neck, squeezes her to urge her on--and squeezes tighter. 

at first, confusion keeps her still, and then the cavern explodes with furious roars, with spitting hisses, and the sound of hundreds of wingbeats. and among it all floats tapu fini, eyes cold and unwavering, boring into her as she puts two and two together. 

moxie begins to crush her windpipe and freya gasps. she reaches down to her quiver, fingers flying. an arrowhead pops out at her beckoning, tipped yellow, and she winces as she denotates the tip against her companion's purple scales. 

the snake goes catatonic as electricity courses through it. its paralysis allows freya to loosen her; she does not rip her from her neck, for fear that she may be trampled in the oncoming stampede. 

tapu fini watches. fernando waits. 

her odds are slim to none and yet she bares her teeth, slips another yellow-tipped arrow into her palm. the curved sword of her shifting bow darts forward; she feints, hoping to slam down another paralysis against the deity before her dragons have time to descend upon her.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 4:35:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

AGAIN, THEY MAKE NO MOVE TO STOP HER.

For futility means nothing without a broken spirit. They will let Freya bare her fangs until her last breath. Only when she gives it her all, when she overcome unsurmountable odds, only to be trampled by her ill-fated destiny, will he drive that point home. This is no longer the era where man can triumph on sheer will alone.

He understands that better than anyone.

The arrow lands. It implodes. Static electricity courses along the Pokemon’s shell. Despite the Tapu Fini’s lack of expression the damage is palpable. But that means nothing. PARALYSIS causes the MISTY TERRAIN to flicker but Tapu Fini’s own boon places it on a pedestal.

Instead, Freya will feel her punishment course through her veins.

anyone who attacks tapu fini or fernando while in the MISTY TERRAIN becomes CURSED.

The BESERKER MIST works independently of Tapu Fini. Once it sets in, the Pokemon can manually dispel it but without coercing it cutting it short, it runs until the brain corrects itself. It’s already too late.

Yield.