awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 17:44:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
he made her a promise. she will die on the battlefield, heralded by the light of burning wreckage, of knowing that she had done something. but this? this is deposition, cruelty at its finest. this is skipping the kindling, the lighting of the flame - 

this is a sigh, an admittance that she has been nothing but ashes this entire time. 

the static crackles and she shares the deity's pain (does it even feel it?). those alien eyes regard her with nothing, not even contempt, as her knees buckle. she thinks that it's her own paralysis, but rubber-fitted gloves halted the shock, and sluggishly, she realizes that this haze is unnatural. 

water drops over a placid lake. she is by the shoreside. and it's not a lake, but the ocean: calm, still, wrong.

she hears steady wingbeats and before her is stone, offering a hand, a comfort. and there is emma, a quiet forgiveness on the stony face she thought she'd come to loathe.

and then they are pulled to the briny depths, and all she can do is watch them get swallowed by the lake. their passing creates no waves. 

she knows that she is next. 

she gasps. her arms are leaden, shaking. fingers splay on the ground and muscles protest as she struggles against the invisible force. she sinks her claws fingers into the ground. 

from the mouth of the estate, one might almost assume she were praying to the gods who stand before her. 

"never," she snarls. shaking hands reach for her quiver. she presses a sequence of buttons and a black-tipped arrow shinks into her hand. the ghosts call out from under the waves. she buries the arrowhead into the ground and, shuddering, forces her chin up.

"you made me a promise, silph," she hisses as the arrowhead beeps once, twice, and then faster until . . .
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 0:49:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

“GOOD.”

Tenacity against the great beast is a sight for sore eyes. It reminds him of himself; a perilous pilgrimage that has no end.

This day and age is one where mortals must stand up to Gods, fear and afterthought in the face of action. They may lay claim to great powers but they still bleed the same. Those that would wallow in their defeat empower them, for every power requires sacrifices. Defeat born from cowardice is a complimentary victory with no toll.

She fights the good fight.

I promised you greatness.

Neon green lights break out from nothingness. It shrouds the Tapu Fini in a hollowed sphere. PROTECT shields both Avatar and Patron in anticipation of the approaching timer. It cuts too close for comfort.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 21:44:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
so this is it, then? time slows. she tilts her head back and a cool acceptance washes over her. and her anger, too, leaves her, as tapu fini's protection stretches across itself and its master. she will die a meaningless death, in the flames of her own making, while her dragons seethe with a lust for her blood.

and in this moment of weakness, she thinks of emma, of the softest, gentlest thing she has ever had in her life. and it is tainted, spilled over with black ink and darkened by an infernal fury that swallows her whole.

she howls against her death, as the seconds tick by, and her demise looms closer. and as the thump, thump, thumping of wingbeats come closer, threatening to end her should the blast fail. 

but this fury and this rage sizzle through her veins and the mega stone woven into her hair glows a hot red. and lyune, ever-closest, his mind off-kilter, not quite right since that day against the rocks, manages to pierce the cloud. his bones shudders and shake and his claws wrap around her as his evolving form cocoons her. 

the blast is devastating and lyune's claws rip gashes into her side. they are clumsy, the two of them. but she does not howl in pain as they stumble. wisps of a barrier, of a protection, emanate from his now-longer scales. that barrier shimmers and fades as he uncurls, breathing hard, using his pain to find his mind. 

as the dust settles, freya finds the will to stand.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 18:20:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

“AND THE GREATER THE DESPAIR, THE SWEETER THE VICTORY.”

Fernando is not surprised by the developments. Perhaps the schematics, yes, but the overall idea comes to fruition. Like a well crafted story, the themes and main idea are explore regardless of the details. So too will Freya rise.

A quiet snap echoes within his PROTECTIVE barrier when the explosion ticks off. The hold Tapu Fini has over the dragons dissipate, released early from their primal imprisonment. She’s put on a good enough show to sate him.

The damages she’s sustained? Inconsequential. A bit of theatrics that go beyond his own preference, but acceptable.

He stares back at her, impressed well beyond his years. It’s almost as if he’s called upon her phantom from before her seclusion. But that can’t be right. She’s still alive.

How does it feel to free your mind, Freya?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 20:21:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
blood drips, slick and dark, from her wounds as she stands. lyune's pupils dilate at the scent of blood. his tail lashes in a frenzy and he bellows. his claws carve grooves into the stone as though slicing through butter and yet she does not waver.

she stands triumphantly, unabashedly at fernando. she is not a cornered animal, not beaten into submission - she is a death-defying specter. her gravestone was made, marked, and left behind her before stone found her; that crater in the earth beneath fernando's feet would not have ended her. 

how does it feel to free your mind, freya?

adrenaline still courses through her. lyune burgeoning fury only stokes the flames and she crouches, feet sliding on her own blood, lips curled as she snarls. and lyune roars in tandem, gout of fire spilling from his maw. 

"finish it," she spits, stalking forward, desperation in her delirium. her mind is scattered and disarrayed, fragmented and broken; her soul yearns for a stronger vessel, for something capable of holding in all of this wrath

"make me whole."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 23:03:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

PITY LINES HIS IRIS. They remember a time before. When he was a boy, a fighter who knew no end. Never give up. Never give in. Not even in the face of certain defeat.

He sees that in her. But he does not spare her the rod. For mercy granted through pity will spoil the child. She requests a finale and so he grants her what she has earned.

He steps forward, careful, bending so that his hand can cup her cheek.

We are what we overcome.

He presses his thumb against her forehead.

NATURE’S MADNESS course through his veins. Electricity snaps with him the conduit. Tapu Fini allows the blessing to pass and the BESERKER’S MIST bonds between them.

She will know her dragon’s temper. Fury will encapsulate her, consume her, and gnaw away at what weakness remains. It will be her undoing and her birthright.

Only with her body mangled does he dare empower her. For the mind submits to the limits of the flesh.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 3:44:45 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
we are what we overcome. those are words spoken by a cripple. they are not inspirational. they are pitiful. she grappled every obstacle to pull herself from that dark moon, to become the day, the warmth, the good. and where has that gotten her?

lyune's fangs drip with ashen spittle. embers burn with a flurry around his teeth. he hisses lowly in warning as fernando approaches.

she reaches up to stop him, to - ssszpop - shove his hand to the side and dig her fangs into his throat, to taste the thick air as his lifeblood pools around him, to watch him suffer as we/i have suffered. 

she rears back; lyune's wings fan and he shakes his head. she grabs her own, sinks down to her knees.

"what did you do?" she demands, ears ringing, veins boiling.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 12:04:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

“I MADE YOU WHOLE.”

The words echo in her head despite him only saying it once. Cloudiness comes as Tapu Fini’s influence seeps deeper. Fernando takes a step back to give her space, to observe, as he cleanses from her the impurities of her own mind.

It may have been entirely hers but therein lied the fault. Now that she shares a fragment of nature’s desire, she will become what she was always meant to be.

His.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 16:23:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
his voice is in her head and dread settles over her like a blanket. lyune continues to shake his head and freya actually startles when a gout of flamethrower spurs from his maw, scorching the earth, leaving her own throat raw and blistering. she reaches up, coughing. 

lyune's gaze settles on fernando and once again she is rocked by fury, by lyune's ancient malice, but then fog rolls over her mind. that hatred flips. lyune's wings settle and his head dips down. a dragon's bow. 

it makes sense. this makes sense. she licks her lips and looks down at herself, cocks her head. "we no longer wish to bear these scars," she says. is that her voice? 

"allow me to rescind my decision against your proposal. we'll be of more use to you without our injuries." 
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 9:09:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

REQUIEM

A PROMISE OF PURPOSE

“AS YOU WILL, FREYA MORNINGSTAR.”

Fernando is indifferent. How can he be anything but? His creation, her evolution, is a method he’s replicated twice now. , Darkrai’s avatar, had risen against him. But here, the foundation is set on consent and trust. Freya will be perfection personified.

Tapu Fini approves. The Pokemon’s apathy melts as it stares at their second Oracle. For once, the Pokemon smiles, eyes warm with the newfound fire Freya feels pool in her chest.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
REQUIEM
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 1:50:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: