[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]science event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TINKERING 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You enter a messy workshop. Various material, tools, and machinery surround you all and a workbench. On the workbench is a broken PokeGear. It does not bear the Silph symbol; instead, it bears an odd logo instead:[break][break]

[break][break]

What do you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Find materials to fix it.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Destroy it and the workshop.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aphelion

rai
he/him
twenty-nine
december 1
mossdeep city
homosexual
programmer
grunt
5'3" (160 cm) height
5'3" (160 cm) height
these celestial bodies are made of violent ends
awards
20 posts
rainy huynh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rainy
rainy huynh
rks: rainy & lulu
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2024 6:16:17 GMT
rainy huynh Avatar
there's no after-image.

fingertips wiggle as he curls his fingers one knuckle after another until his hand flutters.

a wave of a hand through the air shows no split second delay of the movement as his mind dictates it and his thoughts wander to every game he's ever played in his life and thinks of what servers a system of this scale would've haunted and if the environmentalists that knew would've been shitting themselves thinking about the energy cost. he flexes his hands. looks again to the space around him. he touches the walls and feels the worn wooden support beams. he touches the floorboards that don't creak but feel weak.

his body. the mask fitted over his face, then coughs and hears himself. that achingly sweet, irritating voice.

"fuck, this is what a seal stone can do?"

what comes out is decidedly less.

the workshop is as small as he expects it to be on the basis of what'd been told to him before they'd entered. it's as real as he lets himself think it is. boring. unassuming. but, in turn, that meant it lent itself as a good place to start and test out a few possibilities that wouldn't have been options in other realities that've already been tested a thousand and one times by people more competent than him. here, neither of them face the reality of being significantly injured.

but, what lays ahead after they made a decision:

he doesn't know.

neither of them did, really.

them, being himself and one lulu flint, the scientist that brought him here and asked him to run this test. he wasn't exactly thrilled about it. but, you don't exactly get away with saying no thanks; i'm good to people who had the power to turn you into a human piñata ( if not by herself then through others ).

he turns, hands in his pockets, to face her. "w'dy'a remember doing before?" he asks, voice soft and lilting as he confirms that his modulator failed.

another alternative, he notes quietly. one, where he sounds as he does and not as he wishes.

[newclass="nullelem"]} .palise-mini-avatar.user-3024 .palise-mini-avatar-3 { background-image: url(https://images2.imgbox.com/ff/18/HkKbcDlW_o.png)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,704 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 20:27:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
rainy had been somewhat challenging to get to, having worked for team rocket as an intangible digital identity from inside mossdeep’s space center. but little was impossible, for they had infiltrated before.[break][break]

now, she observed the hacker, seen finally in the flesh as he waved his hand and marveled at what sorcery could only be witnessed on their submarine itself, at least by their eyes.[break][break]

”that device on the workbench there?” she nodded toward it. ”i fixed it, and maldacena spoke from it. asked if we were having fun in the simulated universe, and warned us to be careful. ‘you never know who’s watching’, he said.”[break][break]

she looked around the room.[break][break]

”if we tear down the walls, it will reveal that we are in a glass tank, surrounded by an audience.”[break][break]

after a moment, she walked over to the device and held it up. ”this seems to be the symbol of the drk triad. are you familiar with it?”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aphelion

rai
he/him
twenty-nine
december 1
mossdeep city
homosexual
programmer
grunt
5'3" (160 cm) height
5'3" (160 cm) height
these celestial bodies are made of violent ends
awards
20 posts
rainy huynh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rainy
rainy huynh
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2024 8:56:40 GMT
rainy huynh Avatar
"like a fish tank?"

huh, alright. so, she fixed it once, and that led to some voice coming out of the machine. she'd also apparently attempted to tear it down once. so, tackling the walls also wasn't the solution even if it seemed like the most obvious option. what was the likelihood that the floors would be the same? "well, if someone's watchin' me, i'm not gonna let 'em make me look like a fuckin' idiot."

rainy mumbles to himself as his brain clicks ahead, running through if-else statements ( despite knowing no such logic applies here ) as he makes for the door of the workshop and slides his fingers against old wood only to grasp at a handle that never releases.

a firm push to the door yield no more answers either and his head tips back in the head scientist's direction when she calls his attention to the device. taking it in hand, rainy runs his thumbs across the symbol. "yeah, they really like hexagons." the device is tossed back onto the work desk without care as he crosses his arms over his chest. "don't recognize it, but." he taps his arm.

busies himself by searching the desk, rifling through what looks like spare parts and tools. shuts the drawer. "you ever hear of sacred geometry?" what's the other choice? were there any other choices? rainy draws a hexagon in the air without looking at her.

"read it somewhere once. harmony, transformation—some shit like that. s'a pokegear right? got any of its regular functions? map? radio? anything?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,704 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 5:54:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

“something like that.” lulu chuckled a little at rainy's fresh defiance, having resigned herself to the feeling of being watched in all rocket’s fruitless scouring for answers. “not to worry. i’m sure we already look like idiots.”[break][break]

she watched him investigate their surroundings, like a lab specimen wandering a maze within walls closed on all sides, before he stopped to examine the device.[break][break]

about the pokegear, lulu nodded and explained, “it’s entirely broken. once fixed, the map only shows this room; nothing outside of it.”[break][break]

she continued, “as for sacred geometry, i’m familiar enough. it comes up in discussions about physics and cosmology. and, of course, there have been plenty of people online speculating about the symbolism of that logo.” the internet had no shortage of experts, diving down rabbit holes and spinning up theories of all levels of believability and nonsense.[break][break]

“hexagons appear frequently in religious iconography, which would make sense, given the drk triad defines themselves as servants of arceus. they appear in nature too, as they pack together well, like tiles.” she moved around the room, looking at the walls and imagining the faces on the other side. “but those are not tiling. they overlap, maybe to represent the current overlap of universes. disorder.”[break][break]

she turned back to him. “but then, the larger hexagons on the outside… i’m not sure. maybe the cloud. something bigger; all-encompassing.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP