POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 13:57:51 GMT
raphael dos plumas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","glizzy corazondeplumas"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","textbody"]
[attr="class","postbody"]
He thrums his thumbs over the delicate structures in Mint’s hands and watches kindness pull him apart. He doesn’t mean for it to be like this, but it happens-- because Mint is unused to kindness, and that is a special kind of evil in and of itself. It makes him angry at the world that made this beautiful, stubborn man.
[break][break]
Frabic rips, and more strange, wing-like appendages flash and flare, flesh-colored and mutilated. Raph swallows, feels his stomach flip, and then he blinks and the newness is gone. It’s over. It isn’t shocking anymore. It’s just Mint.
[break][break]
“Door was unlocked.” He and his Espurr share a brief look.
[break][break]
It takes very little prompting to hook fingers in the back of Mint’s ruined shirt and tug him, gently, into his chest.
[break][break]
“Well, now,” he says, arms coming around him, voice calm and low, “in the last few years I’ve lived through an asteroid, holes ripped in time an' space, an' cannibals from another universe. My best friends are a giant bird and a walking rock creature. Someone with lil’ seraph wings ain’t that big of a stretch, I think. They’re weird, sure, but not much weirder than… a bad haircut, or somethin’.”
[break][break]
He bends down slightly and hooks arms under Mint’s thighs, hoisting him up with ease.
[break][break]
“Besides, it’s you, and I like you.” He opens the bathroom door with his shoulder and heads into the living room. “You could grow a whole ‘nother head and I’d get used to it, eventually.”
[break][break]
Esper jumps on the couch dragging a blanket over to make a nest, which Raph lays Mint on, kneeling between his legs to bundle him in.
[break][break]
“What have you tried for the pain?” he asks.

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[break]

• kindness the ultimate weapon

[attr="class","bannercolor"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".corazondeplumas"]--accent: #FF3877!important; --headercolor: #FF3877!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy"]--accent: #FF3877; --headercolor: #FF3877;[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy b"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy i"]opacity:0.8; letter-spacing:0.5px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:solid underline #444; text-underline-offset:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .inner"]display: flex; [/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .sidebar"]background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fa/8f/57/fa8f57a1b250fc89dfeee5a8a1efc829.jpg) center no-repeat; background-size: cover; min-height: 300px; max-height: 750px; width: 100px; margin: 15px; border: solid 9px #222; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .textbody"]width: 350px; align-items:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .postbody"]padding: 20px; border-top: 1px solid #303030; border-bottom: 1px solid #303030; margin: 15px 13px 10px 0px; color: #eee; text-align: justify; font: 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .oocnotes"]text-align: right; font: 11px/13px 'Poppins'; color: #666; margin-right: 15px; margin-bottom: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .oocnotes a"]font:bold 15px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .bannercolor"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--headercolor); height: 20px; margin-bottm: auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".glizzy .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 56px; left: 147px;;[/newclass][newclass=".glizzy .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".glizzy:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
I can get by the days just fine but the nights, 🌙
awards
2,845 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 19:56:20 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","neonmint"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","iconimage"]

Mint isn't in the state of mind to question himself forgetting to lock his own door. Either from leaving and coming back in a hurry, or sending out his own pokemon on an errand or two. It's a small worry that isn't strong enough to stay at the forefront of his thoughts. Not when Raphael carefully pulls him in. It calms him a little, his sobs quieter as he clung to him. [break][break]

Raphael's voice carries a low cadence that he can't help but follow, eyes closing to listen while he took shaky breathes. He doesn't scramble like he used to when his feet leave the ground, no longer nervous when its Raph lifting him. Instead, he hides his wet face in the side of Raphael's neck like he wanted and holds on by wrapping his arms over his shoulders. "Don't think I like...seraph." There's nothing angelic about it. How he came to have them, what they did. Painful, and possibly deadly. He's growing a stockpile of knives in his back. But maybe it was the best representation of his relationship with his patron. Power with a price. The weight of power. OR maybe this is just something they thought he needed to figure out. The Galarian Articuno had already plucked him a few times, just like Uva and Acerba. [break][break]

Even laid so low, he can't help the harsh thump in his chest when Raphael says he likes him. A blunt reminder of why he was probably here, and why he was so willing to put up with all Mint's shit. "I-" he struggles to speak as he's put on the couch, glancing at the little cat pokemon as if it could help him. Would it be too much if he said the same? Would it be leading him on? He'd always expressed himself better through actions- well more so hints. He should play dumb, keep quiet. [break][break]

But what is he supposed to do when he Raph gets on his level and stares at him with big worried eyes? No callous or scar could take away from the way he looked at Mint. It's a sincerity that surprised him every time. It excited him more than the almost confessions, or the adventures in alleyways. "Raphael, I-" he's so caught up in those eyes he doesn't' realize the question posed to him. The response dies in his throat. "I won't grow another head...I think." his smile is fake, lips curling as he looks down the man's chest instead of his eyes. [break][break]

I like you, Raphael. More than I should. I'm scared this is it. I'd draw this out forever if I could.
[break][break]

"Um.." He buries the thoughts, hugging himself instead. "Pain killers, and cold water. Melatonin and sleep." That's not what he'd wanted to say, but the moment is past and he's awkward.

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]
[attr="class","title"]TLDR;

| mint is chronically weak to raph's soft cow eyes and i'll never stop saying it [break][break]

[attr="class","lyricbox"]
it's a highway, highway to the dark [break]
and a neon medusa's got your heart .

[newclass=".neonmint"] --color: #48cbf0; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body u"] font:11px Roboto; letter-spacing:2px; border-bottom:1px dotted; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body b"] color:var(--color); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body i"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint"] width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; min-height: 500px; background: #171718; padding-bottom:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .top"] background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/8aINXGd.png); height: 300px; margin-left: 20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .colorbar"] height:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body"] background:#222; margin: 20px 30px 20px; padding:30px; font:12px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; color:#eee; border-radius:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox"] background:#222; font:11px 'Consolas'; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; color:#eee; text-align:center; letter-spacing:2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox b"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox i"] border-bottom:1px solid var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox"] text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #333; padding-top:10px; margin-top:20px; font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; margin-bottom:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox .title"] font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint a"] color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty"] text-align:center; width:400px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty img"] margin-left:-20px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body .iconimage"] float: left; margin: 8px 15px 5px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
meat shield
Vibe checker
you have brought
sin to heaven
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
-- and doom upon all the world,
awards
205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 20:41:37 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

He’s not the most intelligent man but he knows Mint enough now to know when he’s standing on a precipice. Crying in front of Raph was enough for today-- lord knew how much effort that took out of him.
[break][break]
“That’s what they look like, t’me. Little angel wings. What do you wanna call em? Drumsticks?” He crinkles his nose and leans in to press a soft kiss to Mint’s forehead, then stands and steps into the kitchen.
[break][break]
“I got barbecue but I can always get somethin’ less rich, if you feel up to eating a little.” He’s filtering through packages of pasta salad, coleslaw, pulled pork, shredded chicken, esquites. “I can make you a plate.”
[break][break]
When Mint tells him what countermeasures he’s used for pain, Raph snorts. “So, nothing. Right. Lemme make a call. I got some favors to cash in, I can getcha somethin’ that works.” He’s already scrolling on his phone, stepping into the hallway. “Esper, help Mint with whatever he needs, ok, kid?”
[break][break]
The Espurr-- so intelligently, creatively named-- stands on the arm of the couch and stares at Mint with big, wide eyes.

[break]

[newclass=".corazondeplumas"]--accent: #FF3877!important; --headercolor: #FF3877!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy b"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy i"]opacity:0.8; letter-spacing:0.5px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:solid underline #444; text-underline-offset:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .sidebar"]background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fa/8f/57/fa8f57a1b250fc89dfeee5a8a1efc829.jpg) center no-repeat; background-size: cover; min-height: 300px; max-height: 750px; width: 100px; margin: 15px; border: solid 9px #222; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .postbody"]padding: 20px; border-top: 1px solid #303030; border-bottom: 1px solid #303030; margin: 15px 13px 10px 0px; color: #eee; text-align: justify; font: 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .oocnotes"]text-align: right; font: 11px/13px 'Poppins'; color: #666; margin-right: 15px; margin-bottom: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".glizzy .bannercolor"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--headercolor); height: 20px; margin-bottm: auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".glizzy .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 56px; left: 147px;;[/newclass][newclass=".glizzy .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".glizzy:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
awards
2,845 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 21:07:30 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

"As-...As long as you don't try to fry 'em.." he tried to joke back, sniffling and letting out a small huff of a laugh as Raph kissed his head. He almost asks for a real one, but instead stays content with curling up on the couch with Esper. "I like that. With some corn on the cob?" he said, not trying to be picky or difficult. But also because any menu Raphael served him was delicious. Better than instant noodles or soup boxes he grew tired of. Raphael had spoiled him, and now he couldn't go back. [break][break]

Mint nodded before adding as he walked off, "Don't worry too much if you can't get anything...I have plenty of ice." Maybe Gelatto could try cooling it. But he's not sure if it'd be detrimental to the feathers or if it even mattered. He just hadn't wanted to catch hypothermia. [break][break]

As the taller man stepped away, Mint cast his attention back to the cat. "Hello.." he said, offering a little smile and his hand for the cat to sniff. "Hehe...you're eyes are huge. Like your Dad's." he teased, offering to give the cat a little scratch behind the ears if they'd let him. He dabs his eyes with the blanket, soothed by one bluntly honest man and his cute cat.
[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

| mint is chronically weak to raph's soft cow eyes and i'll never stop saying it [break][break]

[newclass=".neonmint"] --color: #48cbf0; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body u"] font:11px Roboto; letter-spacing:2px; border-bottom:1px dotted; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body b"] color:var(--color); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body i"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint"] width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; min-height: 500px; background: #171718; padding-bottom:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .top"] background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/8aINXGd.png); height: 300px; margin-left: 20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .colorbar"] height:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body"] background:#222; margin: 20px 30px 20px; padding:30px; font:12px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; color:#eee; border-radius:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox"] background:#222; font:11px 'Consolas'; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; color:#eee; text-align:center; letter-spacing:2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox b"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox i"] border-bottom:1px solid var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox"] text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #333; padding-top:10px; margin-top:20px; font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; margin-bottom:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox .title"] font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint a"] color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty"] text-align:center; width:400px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty img"] margin-left:-20px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body .iconimage"] float: left; margin: 8px 15px 5px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
meat shield
Vibe checker
you have brought
sin to heaven
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 23:40:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

Esper cocks his head, pushing up and back into the headscratch, fur ruffling; he gives a little purr, wanton for the affection. He takes after his dad in more ways than one.
[break][break]
Raph knows a guy who knows a guy, who works with a guy, who he did a favor for a while ago, so it isn’t long before he has funds transferred and a pickup ready to go. He dispatches Halcyon from a hallway window, then heads back to Mint’s apartment.
[break][break]
“Right, okay, I heard somebody say corn on the cob?” It’s Paldean street corn done in little thirds, so he sets two in a bowl with mashed potatoes, a helping of sauced, pulled proteins, a breadroll, and a pat of butter. “Look, Espy, Mint’s fancy. He’s got real plates.”
[break][break]
The Espurr has slid down the couch to sit next to Mint; Raph walks over and offers the cat a buttered roll, then pushes the coffee table closer to the couch to set the food on.
[break][break]
“Get some food in you, you’ll feel a little better. While you’re asleep I can take the laundry down. I know a place with a lady that don’t ask questions when you got more bloodstains than the average bear.”

An angry squawk and sharp rapping of the glass has him rushing to find Halcyon, who he pays back with an ear of corn. He returns to the livingroom with a brown, paper shopping bag; nondescript, inconspicuous. He flares it open and sets it on the ground. There’s the sound of rattling, like pills in a vial, and then he pulls out an IV bag, still wrapped in plastic, and checks to make sure all the connections are still sealed and sterile.
[break][break]
“I know a guy who works for a vitamin clinic, so this bit’s legal. The, uh, drip morphine, not so much, but that’s the best way to get it. Less nausea that way. But I got acetaminophen and codeine tablets, if you like that better, and a couple of others. Won’t mix 'em, mind, but I figure we can find what works an' I can getcha more if you need them. I usually just take two an' pass out but you weigh waaaaay less than me so we should probably look it up…”

[break][break]
He leans back against the counter and gives Mint a knowing look.
[break][break]
"Look, I know it's hard for you to let someone take care of you, I get that. But you're fucking miserable and there's no point to you continuin' to be fucking miserable, so if the next words outta your mouth are gonna be somethin' like I gotta deal with the pain I don't wanna hear it. Whatever's fuckin' happening to you, Mint Frost, you're still human. A human with... weird neck wings and probably magic powers-- I'm just shootin' a shot, there-- but you're still human, still flesh and blood."

[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
awards
2,845 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2024 0:30:07 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

The second the kitten purrs, Mint is careful to continue with his affections. He's more than happy to help Esper down and running a hand down their back as they settle beside him. The occasionally 'Who's a pretty girl?' murmured as he scratched her carefully. "Tch, department clearance." Mint managed to say back as he gratefully took bowl to eat. [break][break]

He begins pecking at his food, having put off hunger and feeling it slowly kickstart at the smell of Raphael's cooking. "Yeah...? How much?" he asked, not wanting to put out Raphael too much. He turned to look over at the balcony as the large Fearow delivered her errand, eyes on the bag and tried to play it off. "I'm plenty stocked on advil-" but he trails off as Raphael begins to pull out the contents. [break][break]

"Hey- that's a lot-" his eyes widen a little. Not because he's worried about what he's dealing with- he's not. He recognizes some of the substances having been given them in Rocket medical. But it's more he knew some of this Raphael shouldn't have access to. It's controlled for a reason. Hospital grade medicine or something like that. They'd didn't talk about work, but even so, Mint can understand Raphael has just gone out on a limb for him. Which feels exciting and also bad- no, guilty. He could've gotten this if he'd just wandered into the med bay which he had avoided. He could've taken care of that himself. [break][break]

Raphael is worried, more than he lets on. As much as he would like to assure him he was mostly fine, Raphael wouldn't believe that. This was too big to pretend Mint was fine. Besides, he wanted the pain meds. He had just wanted to see if it was easy to mitigate on his own. "...the iv will make me pass out if you set it, so I'd rather do it at night." he scoops up a heavy dollop of mashed potatoes before adding, almost sheepishly. "I...I'll take the pills. I don't like to suffer." Mint offered a smile, clearly debating how much to divulge and trying to gage how upset it'd make Raph. "I am human, just...added growths and a lot of extra infinity energy in me." he picked at his food before adding, "I-...I just...I don't- didn't w-want to put this on you? Now that you've seen it...you won't walk away." In some ways they were both equally stubborn with each other. Mint just hide things far more often from Raphael.

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
meat shield
Vibe checker
you have brought
sin to heaven
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2024 11:29:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

Mint acquiesces to the pain relief with no fight. It’s enough to make Raph go slackjawed, just watching him as he talks. “Oh.” It takes him a minute to catch up, but he nods, slowly, realizing he'd just lectured the man for no goddamn reason, and didn't he feel a fool? “I, uh. Sorry. Genuinely thought you would fight me on that.”
[break][break]
He bundles everything away for safekeeping. “You ain’t putting anything on me. I’m your-- friend, and I care about you, and it’d be the same if you were sick with somethin’ else.” He pulls out his phone to google codeine dosing mg/kg. “Besides, I have entirely selfish reasons. The sooner I get you feelin’ better the sooner…” his voice catches, and he clears his throat. “...the sooner you stop hidin’ from me.”

[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
awards
2,845 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 0:04:24 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

"I have knives growin' out of my back, Raph...I wanna be sedated it." he said with rough laugh. He looks at the bag, a little ashamed. "You got it for me...so I'll use it." His eyes lower to Esper the Espurr and he drags his nails over her neck and spine, following the little purrs that rumbled out of her. A pale pink rises to his cheeks as he steals a glance from the couch at Raph. Yeah. Friends. He tugged the blanket tighter around his shoulders. [break][break]

"I-It's a little different-" he began to protest only to stop abruptly. He'd bee about to argue, rather weakly, a flu wasn't the same as trying to hide vestigial wings from a man. But honest as ever, Raphael bares himself to Mint and this time it's in a way he can't ignore. It confirms her should've been better at- at... [break][break]

He sets his food down on the coffee table. "Raph..?" He felt alarmed. He was about to protest but he can't...quite...remember the last time they'd spent time together. The past few months had been a blur, with Mint rushing to understand his powers better and what was happening to him. What he had agreed to. He'd neglected everyone, practically, in his desperate pursuit of control. It's not like Raphael was a Rocket. He didn't know Mint was plucking his own feather in the lab for coveted analysis. Pricking himself endlessly for blood samples to experiment on. Pushing his brain- his mind to the extreme of what it could do. [break][break]

Small and ugly as they may be, The wings around his head and his ankles moved inward as if trying to shield Mint from Raphael's eyes. Shit. Shit. He should've known better. Of course Raph had a limit. Everyone did. "Raphael I- I'm sorry...if...if I scared you..." He moves to his feet, the tiny wings fluttering desperately as if they ever been any help to him.

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
meat shield
Vibe checker
you have brought
sin to heaven
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 0:55:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

“Right. Arceus wept.” God, that sounded painful. Sounded like sheer agony. It wasn’t fair that it was happening to Mint. No power in the world seemed worth that amount of torture.
[break][break]
As Raph divvies out pills in his hand, Esper arches into the scritches, purring louder, and louder.
[break][break]
He’s about to stand to go to the kitchen and get water when Mint says his name, and Raph feels guilt ball in his chest, sinking low to his gut. Here the kid’s been having the worst time ever-- quite literally-- and all Raph can think is boo hoo, he hasn’t hung out with me in a while.
[break][break]
“Don’t worry about it, mitten,” he says, though it doesn’t come out as reassuring as he means it, because he's ashamed he's brought it upt at all. Mint’s wings, of all things, respond, loud and clear. “Woah, hey. Settle down there, fellas.” He stands at the same time Mint does, steps close to hover over him, and takes one small, pale hand in one of his own. “Well, you did scare me, a bit.” He places the pills in Mint’s palm and folds Mint’s fingers in. “But… it worked out, right? Eventually I always get… anxious, an' I invite myself over, an' you let me come in, an' it’s fine like that. If that’s just how we are, I mean.”

He swallows, mouth dry. “I’m happy with that.” A wide palm comes to Mint’s shoulder, thumb along his collarbone, gently suggesting he sit back down on the couch. “Let me get you some water.”

[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
awards
2,845 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 2:07:37 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

In a way, it's funny how they mirror each other sometimes. Perfectly aware of how the other might be feeling and dealing with the guilt that comes after. It's getting tense, and it's not the kind of tension Mint enjoyed. There's no good way out of this. Either Raphael was sick with worry because he'd ditched him for months or...Raphael was sick with worry because of his bird-like growth spurt. Again something in the back of his mind pushes for him to do it. To erase it all, try to implant some pretty memory instead that would hold him off for a few more months. [break][break]

The thought fucking sickens him.
[break][break]

Mint cuts the distance, pressing against him. He would worry. This would only get worse. The more he showed himself and his powers as a Rocket, the more Raph would know. Raph's not the good two-shoes type. But he knew, for some, Rocket was a line you couldn't cross. He squeezes his hand back, leaning into warmth he didn't deserve. He wants to cry all over again. Mint tries not to crush the pills in his hand, and listened. He rested his cheek on his chest as he looked up at him try to explain how 'happy' he was with 'this'. [break][break]

But really, how much could he do when he was the one who wouldn't commit one way or the other? It's not fun nor casual when Raphael speaks the unspoken. It just makes him feel even shittier for being selfish, curling up against him as if a bit of skin to skin would make it all go away. Raphael touches on drying down feathers and Mint holds him a little more possessively, not keen on letting go yet. "Ok." He knows there's a case of water, lukewarm, hiding in his pantry. He can see it. Half focusing on Raph, half on the water summons back with awakened psychic energy. He lets go when the bottles unceremoniously drop next to them. [break][break]

Mint is still for a moment, before finally pulling away and dipping down to scoop the water up. He sets one on the table for Raph before opening his own and knocking back the pain killers. "I'm happy you're here, Raph." he confessed, allowing himself this much. "I'm...I'm glad you're not afraid of me." Arceus knew others were. Had been. Especially with how unhinged he'd acted during his trial, unable to see reality for what it was. "...are you sure this is ok...?" Mint doesn't specify what exactly he meant, leaving it nebulous as always and hoping for the best. He brushes his fingertips against Raph's hand again, quietly asking to be held again. That he wanted to, if Raph also did.

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
meat shield
Vibe checker
you have brought
sin to heaven
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 23:16:47 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

It’s funny, how they each shoulder their burdens. One ouroboros of guilt, a snake that connects them, mouth to mouth and hip to hip; a libra scale of culpability and regret, snapping back and forth on its supports so hard the chains threaten to break.
[break][break]
Mint presses against him and Raph lets his arms come around him, an instinctual motion, the unavoidable, gentle closing of the flytrap.
[break][break]
“It’s okay, Mint,” he says, and he feels more sure of himself, sounds more sure of it, this time, “really.” Whatever he’s about to say next is silenced by the way the pantry door opens-- unaided-- and a heavy package of water lifts out of it, clears the island, and drops with a dull, loud thud on the floor next to them. Raph stares at it, body stiffening, but doesn’t jump; there’s a strange chill that passes through him-- likely the result of his very mortal, very feeble brain trying to process something that purely doesn’t make sense-- and he snorts with a small laugh, nosing into Mint’s hair.
[break][break]
Mint pulls away from him and Raph lets him go with some reluctance, arms hovering for a bit before dropping.
[break][break]
“I’ll be honest with you, mitten, I’m scared shitless. In a good way!” He holds his hands up defensively. “You’re like somethin’... otherworldly.” He wants to say heavenly but he remembers how prickly Mint had gotten when he’d described his little wings as seraph-like, earlier. “It’s beautiful, an' freaky, an' god-awful, an' kinda hot, all in one. Like… like looking at the ocean, y’know? Or the night sky. Like it’s… too big to really picture. Wrap my head around.”
[break][break]
Raph’s fingers react to Mint’s like heat-seeking missiles, fingers intertwining, palms flush.
[break][break]
“Yer something amazing an' I’m dumbstruck in awe of you. But that ain’t new.” He crinkles his nose, laughing. “I've always felt that way about you."

[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
awards
2,845 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 0:43:23 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

He doesn't expect him to...to laugh of all things. His best parlor trick and he gets a little laugh? A cute little laugh that rumbles against his scalp and makes him a little embarrassed? A little happy but still embarrassed. Raphael is quick to tamper his raised hackles, speaking quickly as Mint's expression twisted and scrunched up upset before relaxing once more. Though, still frowning, and still flushing. As flush as a man going through tremendously weird growth spurt could be. [break][break]

Raphael talked and he felt like he wanted to curl up within himself and hide. Every other word praise ( sorta ) that makes him sweat. He doesn't hide it well, either. He never his his emotions well around Raphael. After a while, mainly moments like this, he couldn't Too off guard or tired or weak to hold a mask. [break][break]

He pulled Raph's hand close, clasping his other hand around it and holding it close to his chest as he stared up. Mint doesn't think he's that big of a mystery. He had a couple of secrets but...times like this he felt so small, so simple. Because, frankly, it's hard to feel like a big deal at all when his heart was racing 100 mph in his chest, and his face felt like he was getting a fever. Of course he liked praise. He was a public figure. That was his main reason why. He'd grown up under a lens, living comfortably as known person being perceived. That still lingered. [break][break]

But when it was Raphael, who was just too genuine to be a fan? He wanted to both drop dead, and kiss him. It's mortifying, he'd realized, but exhilarating all the same. With Raphael, there's no guess work to how he feels. It's the kind of pick me up he gravitates to ,even if he knew he shouldn't. But it felt good, and he'd been bleeding from his feathers for two days now. Mint would take any chance he got to forget that constant thrum of pain. [break][break]

You think I'm beautiful?
[break][break]

How many times was he going to hear this and ask? How long until the disbelief faded? [break][break]

"You think this is hot?" He asked, focusing on something that would unravel him. [break][break]

He was struggling to keep it together. Something like that would pull him apart fully. He might say something he didn't want to admit yet. So he focuses on what he can handle. He edits what he wants to say. [break][break]

"You've really got no filter, Raph. In a good way." Raphael is tall, but if Mint stands just so, he can reach what he wants. No levitation necessary. He reaches up with his other hand, fingers brushing up Raph's cheek bone. He rested his thumb at the corner of the man's mouth, letting instinct guide his actions now. He pops up on his tip toes, lips brushing Raphael's own as he kissed him. It's small, soft. He doesn't expect anything of him. Raphael had already done so much today. Dealt with so much. And while Mint couldn't- wouldn't disappear the horrors of the day, he could at least soothe the edges away. It's still him. He still liked him. He still trusted him, wanted him. [break][break]

Mint doesn't dare think about how much Raphael truly meant to him. But what he doesn't speak he almost tries to convey in silence. In small looks, and soft touches. In cut off words and changed subjects. The underlying possession in the way he clung further, held tighter in public. He can't say anything because that's too vulnerable, too final. But he can kiss Raph. He can kiss him as much as Raphael would let him. And Mint knew he'd always let him.

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
meat shield
Vibe checker
you have brought
sin to heaven
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 11:22:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

Mint’s a guy on a precipice, again, Raph realizes. Wow, two in one night. Raph lets him posit it out, lets the wheels turn.
[break]
[break]

“Kinda?” he says, thought it comes out as a slightly deranged giggle. “I mean, yer covered in blood-- unfortunate that it’s your blood-- and yer now the beholder of unspeakable power-- or something. If you weren’t in so much pain I’d prob’ly be insatiably horny right now.”
[break]
[break]

He’s joking. A little.
[break]
[break]

“Mostly because… well, it’s you.” It is both the finisher to his last statement and the explanation behind his lack of filter.
[break]
[break]

Mint rises up on his toes, and Raph helps by leaning down; their lips meet, soft, gentle. Raph tilts his head and presses, tongue brushing against the seam of Mint’s mouth, before--
[break]
[break]

“Ah, uh, you-- you need to eat and sleep, mitten,” he mumbles, voice gone deep and grumbly, as he maneuvers Mint back towards the couch. He almost let himself get carried away-- so easy to do, with Mint-- and it was kind of embarrassing how easy he was when it came to this man. “Let’s get you right, yeah?”

[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
awards
2,845 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 23:11:21 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

Scars and pockmarks litter Raphael's body. He's no stranger to blood and grime. So him comment about his own blood isn't as off putting as it could be. By now, Mint expected Raphael to be a little...unconventional. He'd expected the worst from him at times. To the point, he'd offended him more than once by expecting that and admitting to it later. And the shittiest part of it all was the indignation followed by the saddest looking, dark eyes he'd ever seen. It made him uncomfortable in ways he couldn't fix. [break][break]

But Raphael's lips pull to a smile when he laughs, and Mint can't help but smile too. It's infectious really. Even mutated, and bloody, and tired- even after months of barely any contact- Raphael could still picture him in that way. He still wanted him even gross. [break][break]

It makes him lower his guard just enough for Raphael to get another jab in. His honesty is worse than any barb thrown at him on the sub. So he's relieved when Raphael shuts up, and kisses him back. It doesn't take him long to push for more and Mint is more than happy to let him.[break][break]

Even when Raph pulls away he's still smiling, looking up coyly under his messy hair. "I plan to." he returned simply, once hand stubbornly holding onto his caretaker. "You're staying, then?" he asked, seemingly in better spirits than when Raphael had found him. Mint seemed to have full compartmentalized his worries from earlier into something to address at a later date. "I think the medicine's kicking in, Nurse." He added, an obvious white lie. But Mint looked eager to follow Raph around, weak ankles or not. He's a welcome interruption to growing pains, as Mint liked to call them. "Maybe in a few hours we can try that again."

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
meat shield
Vibe checker
you have brought
sin to heaven
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
ominous ornithology
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2024 13:55:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

He’s definitely had sexy dreams about Mint ripping someone’s throat out with his teeth. Once or twice it was his own throat. He hadn’t told Mint that, o’course, because… well, did he really need to know? Raph suspected in some way or another he already did, anyway.
[break][break]
“Well, I’m gonna go get yer laundry done and I might clean the bathroom a bit before the blood really sets in and ya don’t get yer security deposit back... but I thought I'd stay, yeah.” he drops a kiss onto Mint’s head, sighing tersely. “You ain’t foolin’ anybody. Ya need to rest, whether you want to or not. It’ll be easier once we get on top of yer pain.”
[break][break]
He knows that whatever Mint’s got going on in his brain is still going on, just buried. The man’s still so secretive, even after all this time, like he’s afraid to let anyone else in. Raph bites back a beleaguered sigh, relegating himself to figuring the physical hurts until Mint is ready to let him help with the mental.
[break][break]
Raph can't help himself. He leans back in and kisses Mint one more time, then pulls back like he got shocked. “Goddamnit. Go on, you.”

[break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP