mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
Sweet Heat Beat [Mission w/ Fenelle]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 16:03:43 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle might even be holding der breath, that's the amount of stillness dee displays as Kuro hesistantly approaches. Dee looks with fascination at the glowing marks, wishing that dee could take the moment to try and draw them ... but that's impossible in the current situation where dee stays as calm and motionless as possible. (And, given der upbringing, being quiet isn't something dee is bad at in moments that dee really wants.)

Dee chuckles slightly, the emotion more shown in expression of amusement rather than sound, as Kuro decides to dine and dash after all. "He's quite shy," dee comments, clearing some crumbs off der hand and taking another one of der overly sweet pastries to eat. It's essentially ice cream with dough at this point, frankly, which makes it really good. Kinda like ice cream cake?

"Maybe I should ask you to come with me when I'll have time to see if I can find some," Fenelle signs with a grin then, quickly finishing yet another pastry and moving onto the next. With the amount of sugar dee is currently eating, it's wild dee has healthy teeth still. "I think that would be fun in general, too."

Der expression gets a bit complicated at the mention of an Illumina Unown. "So these also come in Illumina, huh?" dee remarks, reigning in der expression as dee tries not to think of the RKS encounters dee had with Unown. "It's truly an interesting pokémon ..." And one dee would like to pursue, sometime.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 19:38:24 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Makoto nods in agreement with Fenelle's comments. "When I first got him... It was when I was still on my own - and I was cautious of other people." They still were, really, even if it wasn't always apparent. "He was pretty young then -" A newly hatched kit, in fact, "- so I think he just... Picked up on a lot of it." They had never gotten the chance to really, properly, socialize Kuro as much as they should have.

But, as Fenelle muses over having them come with on an Illumina pokemon hunt, Makoto gave a small smile. "Maybe; more excuses to get out and about could be nice..." They responded - not wholly committing to the idea, but it did seem tempting. Fenelle didn't seem like all that bad of a person, all things considered - and who knows, maybe de'd find an Illumina pokemon of der own to catch...

They nod in agreement about Unown. "They're certainly something..." They agree with a sigh, scratching their cheek and thinking to their own experiences with likely much the same RKS scenario. "For as powerful as they theoretically are in groups... I think I'm happy enough just having the one." Besides, it had quite the skillset, even on its own.

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 16:01:32 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle listens to Makoto's story with occasional nods and actual curiosity - something that dee usually lacks for other people. It might be a combination of Rocket - people that dee feels an inherent kinship with usually, given their shared allegiance - the shared experiences in the simulation and well. An increased interest in the Illumina phenomena, partially triggered by Makoto's reaction to the tree.

"I see," dee concludes with a nod, wondering what might have happened. Maybe something similiar if dee hasn't gotten the luck of a lifetime, one that dee is paying for until today. "It's not a bad idea to be cautious, though ... trust can be something worthwile indeed." And for all the rough edges, dee extends trust to other Rocket members almost naturally, by a faulty default. They're criminals, and yet, family, in a way. "I hope he'll find something worthwhile." dee nods, before breaking apart the little bit of caramel decoration on one of der pastries.

Dee nods, "The offer stands indefinite - I will also see on my own, as well, and might be able to report some results." A hyperfixation has formed, is forming - one thing to pursue in the few moments of spare time dee has. To capture one eventually - or even ... befriend.

At Makoto's words about Unown, dee nods with strong agreement. "I think it would be interesting to gather a whole collection of them all, but they're ... yeah, frankly, really creepy. Their strength in numbers is something else, indeed. Almost like a particularly weird text physically attacking you." Dee wonders if there might actually be something happening if you'd use them to form sentences ...

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 1:47:36 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Another nod of agreement. For as much as Makoto had a healthy sense of caution for most other Rocket members, they did still hope that Kuro would be able to find trust in others besides themself and their own pokemon. Perhaps, if they stopped bringing him out on Rocket missions, it'd help? They weren't sure.

Regardless, the comment of 'text physically attacking you' got a soft and almost surprised laugh out of Makoto, who was somewhat caught off guard by the mental image the statement brought forth. The last thing one would expect in the library was for the text to literally grab you, they were sure!

But, they otherwise agreed with der words. "I suppose if you wanted to learn more about Unown, you could talk to Head Scientist ..." With her being the Visionary and all. "... But really, I think it'd be messing with a mankey's paw, to try amassing them for some big powerful thing." Who knew what could go wrong, when Unown were such mysterious wildcards as it was?

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 12:11:44 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle nods with a thoughtful smile, before placing the caramel decoration from before on the farthest end of der tray for Kuro to snatch up if he'd like it - der mind, however, then wanders to the simulation once more and the speakable horrors within. Dee agrees with a nod, dee could probably talk to the professor - or scientist, rather, as Rocket doesn't really dabble with unnecessary titles that prove arbitrary testing - if ...

Dee grimaces and nods in agreement, "You never know what might be possessing that paw still." And still, dee would dabble into this field of unknown, asking and daring to test what is rather ill-advised ... "But it's a curiosity still, should I be ever so lucky, maybe ...," dee fully admits, before finishing up der pastries and seeing that indeed, time actually is over.

It's truly the most pleasant break dee has had in a while.

"I'll need to get back to work now, but see you around?"

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 15:21:39 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Makoto wouldn't stop Fenelle from pursuing der curiosities; but they would rather err on the side of caution, themself. Who knew, maybe Fenelle would discover it to be quite safe in fact, and then they'd be happy to join in...

... But for now, they weren't about to try to toy with something so beyond their understanding like that.

The pastries disappeared one by one as they were eaten; and it was certainly something, how much time seemed to fly between the good food and good company. Makoto was almost surprised when they glanced down to see their plate was now empty, and then back up to see Fenelle preparing to go.

As dee addressed them, Makoto couldn't help a smile. "Yeah - I'll see you around... Maybe you could help me learn some sign language, when you have some time?" They suggested; it seemed like it'd be a useful skill to pick up, for more reasons than just being able to talk to Fenelle properly. (Though, they honestly did want to be able to understand Fenelle - and der sense of memes and humor - better.)

It'd just be a question of how much they'd be able to pick up, really...
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP