Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
Violet Fairbanks
Dating
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
Of Like and Unlike Minds [M]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 4:05:23 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar
"The trail's going cold...but the fact that it extended here..." Elaine muttered as she walked outside of the bounds of Fortree City. The skies were a clear blue with not a single cloud in the sky. The eponymous trees of the city just behind her rustled as a gentle wind flowed through their leaves.

The world was still and calm. Yet the girl walking about it was anything but. As she took a deep sigh, she scratched off something in her book, tapped a few times at her phone's screen and walked further outside of the city.

"Was that even a real trail to begin with? Or just a dummy?"

Back during the incident on the Megalopolan ship, Elaine had witnessed many different people, some at their deepest, darkest moments. There were some who she felt that she could loathe. But on the other hand, she had also seen many people who had kept their humanity when the chips were down.

And among them, there was one who had probably run a very similar paradigm to her. After all, she was a woman who those toxic chains had granted a very similar ability for that short time. After all, Elaine still remembered her voice calling out to her.

She had little information to go on, but she had been able to deduce enough.

Naomi Sato. Even though she was supposedly a wanted woman. Even though she was a Rocket. None of that mattered. Elaine hadn't sought her our with some strange desire to bring her to some justice.

She merely wished for one thing as she sought her out.

But that search had so far bore little fruit.

So, she merely walked over to a cliff-face overlooking a small lake with a small island in it. As she stood at the edge, looking down to the water, she couldn't do much more aside from cross her arms, sigh, and come up with her next move.

Tag:
Mission: Canon Connections

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,581 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 11:39:33 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest9"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi remembered .[break][break]
She remembered the darkness, the sickly sweet smell of peach-flavored mochi, the hopelessness and despair. She remembered the Megalopolians, the horrible canine Pokemon with its massive muscles, and the toxic chain like a noose around her neck. She remembered the dream, their only salvation, and then eventually, their escape into Ultra Space.[break][break]
When the Unown had pulsed to the rhythm of Elaine's searching, Nomi was struck with a sudden, intense desire to meet with the other woman, viscerally reminded of their adjacent powers bestowed upon them by mysterious forces.[break][break]
There would be risk, of course. Because of , all those associated with the League were potential enemies now. But Nomi's intuition whispered to her that this wasn't a League attempt to harm her. This was merely a request to speak.[break][break]
And so it was that a thin tear began to form in the fabric of reality, above the cliffside where Elaine stood: a miniature spatial distortion connecting one dimension to another.[break][break]
Out of the portal stepped a petite woman with short-cropped blue hair, framed in sparkling crystalline energy. A matching shiny blue Unown-K floated dutifully at her side. She regarded Elain with curious crimson eyes, and an odd sense of deja-vu.[break][break]
"Hello Elaine," she greeted. "I heard you were looking for me?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESCanon Connections - July

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9"]--accent:#d7eeff;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
Violet Fairbanks
Dating
--- height
--- height
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 4:20:43 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

"And here I was thinking I was being low profile. To get found out and sought out by the person who I was looking for." Elaine closed her eyes, scratched at the back of her head, and sighed before turning her head to face the person who had revealed herself before her. "I'm getting quite dull, huh?"

If this were some kind of confrontation, it would have been safe to say that she had uttely lost by this point. Checkmate often was something people could see many moves earlier.

But this was neither competition nor confrontation.

"I'd been wanting to talk to you. It's a pleasure to meet you in person." Elaine placed a hand on her chest as she turned the rest of her body to face Nomi.

"I'll be honest, I figured I was too small a cog in it all for a seeming 'wanted enemy' to know my name, but here we are. Regardless, I'll still introduce myself as a formality."

She reached her hand out, as if beckoning for a cursory greeting.

"I come here not as an agent of the League, but simply as Elaine Highland--someone who hopes to speak to someone she viewed as a somewhat kindred spirit. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Tag:
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,581 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 20:10:19 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"You are quite the contrary," Nomi corrected, matter-of-factly. "I don't make time for the dull."[break][break]
She was trying to save the world, after all. Every conversation these days needed to be at least subtly aligned with her purpose. Perhaps it was simply intuition, but Elaine felt important to Nomi somehow. She suspected it had to do with their unexpected connection in the prison.[break][break]
"We are all cogs in Arceus's wheel," Nomi continued.[break][break]
She approached Elaine, arms at her sides and Kallistatus by her shoulder. She gave off an innocuous aura: small, soft, and without much in the way of physical strength. Though she was no longer an academic, she carried the air of someone studious. A keen observer and a quick thinker.[break][break]
"It is good to meet you, too." She cocked her head, bob of blue hair framing her face. "You are of interest to me, primarily because of what happened in the prison. Surely you noticed it, too?" She flashed the other woman a small smile. "We were granted very similar powers."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
Violet Fairbanks
Dating
--- height
--- height
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 4:00:13 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar
And at the very least, she seemed receptive to her. Her humility was reflected with a strange humility of Nomi's own. As she read Nomi and her complete lack of hostility, she could breathe a deep sigh.

The woman before her was an anomaly. One of many that seemed to crop up in this region, but at the very least, she was open to dialogue.

Most of all, it led more evidence to Elaine's initial judgement of her.

"Well, it was a bit hard to avoid that fact when you called out to me." Elaine shrugged as she gave a wry smile. "It's a bit strange to recall. The powers we were granted at the time were eventually taken away. They were never ours to begin with, but it was peculiar just how well they fit us...or the scenario at least."

Elaine shrugged. "The power to view weak points and strike with the exact necessary amount of force. At the very least, that's what I had gotten. I gave it the kinda edgy name of Precision Striker in my head, but yours at least had the former part as well."

She had no idea exactly how much overlap they had, but the backbones were probably the same at the end of it all. "It was chaos, but at the very least, seeing that made me want to at least meet you."

She tapped her head with her thumb a couple times and grinned. "Figured it would be interesting to see what kind of person you were."

Tag:
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,581 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 1:29:24 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

And what kind of person was she?[break][break]
Before the prison, she might have called herself a prophet. Maybe even a savior. Now? She isn't entirely sure if she can protect Hoenn from its inevitable demise. Not when she had failed so thoroughly to save Velmos. To stop League and Rocket from continuing to fight.[break][break]
She'd fancied herself a diplomat, but all she had done was muddy the waters. And make herself a target for the likes of and her loyalists.[break][break]
"Well, what sort of person do you think I am?" She turned the question back on Elaine. Not to be facetious, but because she was genuinely curious what sort of first-impression she gave off. "I was granted the power to see the weakest point in any organic being or inorganic object. I could do little myself to affect it, but I could relay the information to my allies. Help them fight more efficiently."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
Violet Fairbanks
Dating
--- height
--- height
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 4:09:28 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar
"Well, what sort of person do you think I am? I was granted the power to see the weakest point in any organic being or inorganic object. I could do little myself to affect it, but I could relay the information to my allies. Help them fight more efficiently."

"Ah."

As she had expected, both she and Nomi had been similar. But they were far from identical. And that had elucidated something to Elaine. What kind of person was Ms Sato? What kind of person was Elaine?

To those two questions, she had come to an answer of sorts.

"I had wanted the answers to break through everything and the strength to enact it all. If those chains had responded to our wills and our desires, then that was what I had desired most. To have the strength to see through future tragedies and to carry through preventing them." Elaine could not bear tragedy. One would think that she, who had been exposed to tragedy after tragedy would have been able to get used to it, but there was no such thing for her. Each tragedy she faced would weigh down on her, accumulating one by one. "And the strength to do that alongside others."

After looking down for a moment, she made eye contact with Nomi. "If that was the desire it had responded to for me, then for you, it was similar. Though not necessarily identical. The vision to see through those impending dangers and the chance to give those you care for the chance to fight through them. Even if you couldn't. That was the desire I understood from you. Which means the kind of person you are...is also one who hates tragedy no matter what the cause is. After all...you, too, tried to protect another during the chaos at the end of it all."

Elaine was far from a saint. When she had made the decision to intercept the attacks unleashed by those setting free their hatred and grudges on the ship's captain, she had been merely too spiritually drained to enact her own.

"Though, even then...as arrogant as it was for me to think that, my actions were motivated by pity. So, I acted to try to protect everyone and prevent blood from flowing further...even if I failed in the end."

It was that judgement that had brought her to this point in the end.

Tag:
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB