ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 20:26:40 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cloverbody"]

The warmth convinced Clover to go out today without his button-up. They were initiated into Rocket weeks ago, but apparently, their actual evaluation was to happen today. And here he'd thought he'd already gotten in. Still, the oceanic museum in Slateport wasn't a bad meetup spot. They were pretty sure that there wouldn't be anything violent happening. More importantly, the neutral but semi-populated spot was a great opportunity to ask questions about what to do to earn her keep. The noise level was perfect for a conversation that wasn't meant to be overheard. [break][break]

Archen walked between her shoulders, alternating which one to stand on every minute or so. "No need to be so anxious," she said as she leaned against the rope separating her from the exhibit. It was an explanation of Tirtouga, which she was especially intrigued by because it came from the same time period as their dear Archen.

notes

recruitment act i | a torterra lineage tattoo is on clover's upper back and visible

[GoogleFont=Open Sans:400,700|Ubuntu:400,700]
[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#705eb2;font-family:open sans;font-size:8.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody b, .crushbody i]color:#a189c4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#a189c4;text-align:right;border-bottom:#a189c4 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 6:45:51 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

One thing that Tempest misses about Slateport is the museum. Back when he was poor and alone, it was on the road back to his house. A long day of working at the gym and his feet would find him here... just a dollar or two for a ticket. When he had a little extra energy he would wander the exhibits and stare in silent wonder. The air conditioner would cool the sweat from his skin.[break][break]

It was familiar and comfortable.[break][break]

Shame Temp was just here to meet with someone and not travel down memory lane.[break][break]

"Hey! Are you- huh?"[break][break]

Tempest paused, his easy smile dropping off his face when he caught sight of the tattoo on the youth's back. Torterra. Matamata. Another Hoyeon. Not from his sect, from Land. He blinks.[break][break]

His own tattoo peeks out from his sleeve, a milotic twisted in battle. Rararie. Sachem. Sea.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 15:18:51 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Clover turns with bright eyes to see a man of similar skin tone with features that remind her of home. "Clover," she finished for him, grinning until she realizes what's stopped him. He had caught sight of her tattoo. And, as her eyes drop to his biceps (did this guy live at the gym?), she notices one that's unmistakably of the same style. "Hoyeon? She laughs warmly. "Hey, that's awesome." She reaches out for a handshake, then changes her mind at the last minute and comes in for a hug -- all before realizing that that was probably not the move for interacting with a Rocket superior. [break][break]

"Sorry-" they start, "force of habit." Their family in particular were big on physical affection, and Clover had definitely noticed the lack of hands messing up their hair at all hours of the day. She hadn't seen many folks outside of her home that were like her, though she supposed with his Milotic tattoo that he was not quite like her... but she could forgive him for misinterpreting the story of creation. For now.

notes

recruitment act i |

[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#705eb2;font-family:open sans;font-size:8.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#a189c4;text-align:right;border-bottom:#a189c4 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 15:39:27 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest allows his own quiet stun almost miss a very important chance. The youth goes in for a hug, then wilts like a lily and backs off.[break][break]

"Yeah! Come here!" He wastes no time in trying to scoop them into a crushing hug. Most people wouldn't understand affection like this, from a stranger, like this would. Like a fellow Hoyeon would. Even if the two of them didn't pray quite the same way, they were still family.[break][break]

When it's over, Temp is beaming and nudges Clover lightly. He doesn't go as far as ruffling her hair for now, though.[break][break]

"From mud to blood!" He confirms for him, thought Tempest isn't 100% sure he got that particular Land phrasing correct. Oh well, at least he knew the broad strokes. "Tempest. You really being initiated, lil brother? Won't Maili blow a gasket?" Maili's name is said with a casualness that normally would be a bit of an insult. But, well, Tempest was one of the few who had the right.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 adopting the teenager ty

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 16:32:05 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

He stifled his giggle only partially as Tempest brought him in close. They had a stupid grin at Temp's attempt to relate, nudging back at him. The reference to her Sachem is more sobering. Clover loved her people, of course, and following Earth Mother was the true path, but Maili's decisions were not ones she could always agree with. She was happy to prove herself, but trying to impress the League by their standards was playing their game, and they felt the attempt too progressive when it was radical change they needed. [break][break]

"I think... I think we need to do more. Earth is slow to change and ever-steady, but it can still experience radical changes, y'know, like earthquakes? I think that's what we need right now. What we all need." They ran a hand through their hair as they thought about it. "I broke off on my own to see for myself if we can get the protectors to act." As far as she was concerned, Nature's giants needed to course correct the path Hoenn was on before the people living on here destroyed everything. The unnatural rifts proved that the government was failing. [break][break]

It sounded a little crazy, sure, but they knew better than to try and pitch the concept at home. Their parents had been unhappy at any mention of trying to garner the giants' attention, but waiting for them to act was clearly not working. Between industrialization and war, the League was dropping the ball. What she knew was that she was obligated to see this through. It was her truth, and she had to be true to it, even her Sachem would disapprove. "I hope our Sachem comes around, but... slow to change, y'know." It was going to be lonely to stay away from home for so long.

notes

recruitment act i |

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 2:05:33 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest nods and sighs a bit dramatically, showing his understanding of what was saying.[break][break]

"Yeah, you guys have never been as wishy-washy as us or flighty as Sky." Nudging them again with his elbow, Tempest gave a chuckle before nodding for him to follow him deeper into the museum. "If you're as hardheaded as Earth is supposed to be, I'm sure you'll do fine. But the Protectors? From what I've seen they've gone haywire. Might take more elbow grease than you expect."[break][break]

It does make Tempest wonder, though. Would getting the guardians back online help them out? 's Regice had never seemed that... intimidating in person. Yet, he had also seen the aftermath of the destruction it could cause. The cavern it once called home was lost. The city of Dewford would never be the same.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 15:26:31 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

"Haywire?" [break][break]

That wasn't good news, though the presence of them was. "Do you know where they are? I want to see them." This was the path forward. She had complete faith in the Protectors being the answer. "I saw the electrical one at the Plant. Mr. Howard said it was just a shard. I'm not sure what that means, but if they're all in pieces like that, maybe we can put them together."[break][break]

If they weren't 'whole,' then maybe they were haywire because of a missing shard. More quietly, they asked: "Do you think Rocket would be interested in that kind of thing?" It was hard for them to parse just what the goals of the organization were, at least in any specific sense.

notes

recruitment act i |

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 6:47:34 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Oh, so you've met Howard. This makes this easier."[break][break]

Tempest scratched his cheek, then cocked his head to the side and closed his eyes. He had seen... all of the Regis by this point? But it was hard to really explain some of them.[break][break]

"Rocket is for sure looking for them. I'm part of an initiative trying to retrieve The Fangs right now. Sprite was captured by someone in the League, but Slayte is working to obtain it as far as I'm aware; the 'Shard' is more like a soulless husk from what I gathered. The Frozen is with Howard, the Stone was last spotted in the crystal chasms, and the Ore was in the desert. We've not really been able to track them, though."[break][break]

Tempest frowned and shook his head.[break][break]

"Fang is the real issue. It's trapped in another damned dimension right now. We tried to summon it but failed."
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 16:30:47 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

The explanation was the information he'd sought, but Clover found himself blinking owlishly at Tempest by the time he finished describing the situation. There was a variety of issues with finding the Protectors, clearly, and none of them were in the same space. That made it harder to gather them. [break][break]

Another... dimension?" They shouldn't be so surprised after venturing Ultra Space. Still. "How do we, um, get to it?" Fangs was an interesting member of the set since it's domain was so unusual. "Maybe starting with Ore would be easier..." But she wasn't even sure she'd have Rocket's blessing to pursue any of them. She was sure she hadn't proven herself enough to get in one of those expeditions. "Are you looking for them?"

notes

recruitment act i |

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 18:31:25 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I don't really know how it got trapped there, just that it is." Tempest shrugged. It was just another problem to be solved. "We've tried ripping open holes to it and also trying to summon it, but no dice so far. But I think we just don't have enough raw power. If we could get our hands on Sprite, we might be able to do it." But then that was a whole other realm of issues. It was like some long, overly complex puzzle in a game.[break][break]

"We are. I'm part of a group doing research into them and some other Legendary pokemon. Our focus is mostly on Fangs right now but all of them are on our radar." And if anyone could pull it off, it would be . He was kind of insane about his history junk.[break][break]

"Ore is probably the best. They attack anything at any provocation, so if you ever see one, don't try and engage unless you're ready for a fight. Stone is the most dangerous, though. Don't even engage that one. It has and will kill again."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 19:55:55 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

"A research group? That's super cool. You didn't really strike me as a nerd, though." They grin. Personally, research wasn't a strong suit, but curiosity was, and they had discovered a lot of interesting things in the last few weeks alone. Ultra Plant had been a particular high point. "If you guys need help, I'd love to help wrangle one of those guys. My Archen can put up quite a fight." [break][break]

But they would need a little more reconnaissance before trying to tackle one of the Protectors on her own. "I'll be careful," she said more earnestly. Then, "Do I need to do anything to prove myself before I get to see those kinds of experiments like the dimension stuff?" They'd been performing petty crimes for the organization outside of the Plant trip with Mr. Howard, but she suspected the organization would demand more of her before offering something as rewarding as those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. [break][break]

"I'm in it for the long-haul, promise."

notes

recruitment act i |

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 2:11:22 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A laugh leaves Tempest, smile stretched wide over his face. [break][break]

"Ain't much of one, no. I don't do the hard thinkin' for that stuff. Someone just has ta' keep the nerds from catching hands." Nerds like , . Maybe in the future. The woman had promising prospects.[break][break]

"Just prove you're trustworthy and not a liability. Do missions, find your niche, and be loyal. Then the top brass will keep your name in mind for the big baddie missions."[break][break]

Tempest lowered his voice slightly, then, flicking brow eyes around the room. Ensuring that was the only one to hear him.[break][break]

"But, to be honest, some of that shit will find you before you find it. Just don't let your guard down."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 17:45:16 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

His advice was solid. She could do that. Keep her head down, work hard, commit to what she was good at (stupid amounts of bravery, causing a scene). "So I'm in?" She couldn't keep the excitement from her voice, but she managed to keep it hushed. The details of 'passing' as a Rocket were vague, but once someone in the organization approved of you, you were really a grunt.[break][break]

His warning didn't fall on deaf ears. "Like the Shard," they acknowledged. It had hunted them down. "Okay. I can keep my wits about me." They put their hands on their hips, proud of themselves. "I like the weird stuff that happens out here. I found a shadow-y pokemon just the other day. It fought a lot, but after, like, ten pokeballs, I got him." She scratched at her chin. "Not really my kinda guy, but he looks neat. Just don't think he'll play well with my team."[break][break]

notes

recruitment act i |

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,024 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 20:32:20 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest doesn't answer them, only gives a sharp grin and chuckles to himself. [break][break]

's mention of what could have been a Shadow pokemon perked his ears, though.[break][break]

"Hmm... I think I know what that is. You want to do a lil' brown nosin', cuz?" Nothing wrong with getting your foot in the door with a fancy present. It helped that Temp knew the exact man who would appreciate it the most. Pulling out his cellphone, Tempest flicked it on and held it out to swap info with the other Hoyeon; if she felt comfortable doing so.[break][break]

"I can give you the address of one of the Underboss. Named Cillian; he loves those things. Might get you some brownie points if you drop it off." Tempest careful to avoid 's last name, finding a silly glee in people realizing on their own that the man was his husband.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
in for a penny [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 21:19:14 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

His eyes lit up at the prospect. The conversation turned conspiratorial as Tempest described giving the shadow pokemon to Cillian. Clover wanted a leg up wherever they could get it. "Sounds fun! What a cool icebreaker." They hoped the other spooky members of Rocket were as welcoming as Temp. Clover had met only a few in their low-level shenanigans of late.[break][break]

"Thanks for putting me on. I'll see to it that Mr. Cillian gets a little freaky Flygon." The pokemon in question had been on the aggressive side, so Clover honestly felt like they were handing over a burden rather than a gift, but. Whatever. It'd be Cillian's problem, and if it put Clover on his good side... all the better.[break][break]

Clover could hardly stand still in their excitement. "Now that we've cooked up a plan, how about we celebrate with a stop by the store up front?" Clover wanted a silly Tentacool hat with the droopy tentacle ears to tug on, and the store also sold cups of brownie crumbles with blue jelly on top to look like the ocean floor.

notes

recruitment act i |

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP