March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
RKS: Shalin and Silverio
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 3:34:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]pokemon event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]GYM LEADER 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You suddenly find yourselves within a white void. In the middle, a TERA CRYSTAL can be seen. Beneath it, you see the instructions: "create a pokemon gym of your dreams! let your imagination run wild! be quick, a gym inspection is coming!"[break][break]

As soon as you begin to conjure ideas of what your gym may look like, the world around you shifts. The TERA CRYSTAL glows as it creates a gym for you, including a badge, gym trainers, challengers.[break][break]

What does your character's dream gym look like?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Design.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 3:44:32 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The more Shalin came back to the RKS Simulation to manifest and refine her concept for a Gym, the more she wondered if she should apply for the Minor League. It would give her the experience of being a Gym Leader without the weighty responsibilities of one. Gathering the rare materials to make it a reality would be a real challenge. She had access to Mega Accessories, Z-Accessories, and even a Dynamax Band or two. She even had a healthy supply of Mega Stones and Z-Crystals. Ultimately, though, she could not procure a second Sygna Suit. Each suit was unique to its combination of wearer and Pokémon. She desired to share the joys of her wildest Pokémon rides with others through her suit... though that was impossible in the real world. Her Sygna Suit was tied to specifically her.

Was the RKS Simulation truly the only place she could live her dream?

On the outside of a large enclosure surrounded by cheering fans, the getup reminiscent of a Unovan rodeo, prospective challengers would behold a wardrobe and closet filled with every kind of Mega Stone and Accessory, Z-Crystal and Accessory and Dynamax Band imaginable, on top of a pair of Sygna Suits that seemed to be copies of the ones associated with Shalin's Pokémon. Were the challenger to look beyond, they would see the Captain in one of those two suits, glowing a faint green while casually sitting on a Shiny Beedrill's giant wing. Occasionally, she would disappear from sight briefly as the wing silently fluttered with her on it.

RKS POINT: 50

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
Saria         Venusaur       Good

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 22:19:09 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

to think that reality couldn't possibly be any more twisted than anyone could possibly imagine would be brain cells wasted, for there was something else entirely that piqued silverio's interest, and the same time, rendered his mind swarming with questions that perhaps he may never find the answer to. regardless, seeking said answers were one of the reasons he'd come to hoenn in the first place - to explore possibilities outside of his realm, those that were out of his comfort zone.

and yet...

perhaps he still hadn't found that ample level of comfort just yet. this makeshift form of reality may be even further out of that aforementioned happy space. but even so, silverio found himself challenging this alternate world where seemingly every resource known to man was readily accessible. suits similar in build to what he had seen once before, and there were multiples of them, which begged the question of whether they'd possess the same capabilities of the original.

somehow...

the paldean saw himself donning one of these garbs. looking up with a quizzical visage, he struggled to catch the green hues of emanating from shalin, much like her demonstrations of her superpowered suit in the wilds. the sights around him, he'd deem more baffling than the manifested beacons of horror he'd seen in recent memory. figures depicting spectators and possibly other battle-tested warriors. a subtle reminder of the trials he had faced in paldea once before. another question brewed...was this to be a world created in one's image? maybe...

"what is this all supposed to be...?" a thought grown perhaps far too loud, however...

design
+50 rks points
total points gained: 50
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2024 18:06:46 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was certainly an odd sight for someone not familiar with this particular event in the RKS Simulation. The only visual hint Silverio might get was the prominent presence of the League symbol on the arena's walls.

"It's my dream Gym!" Shalin replied, maintaining her balance on the wasp's giant, blue wing. "After seeing Josh be so successful with his Gym in Mauville, I've pondered what I would do as a Gym Leader. If I was one, I would make my Gym about teaching people all of the special ways Infinity Energy and similar types of energy can be harnessed." It was an important facet of Pokémon to learn about, as a trainer who used this energy had a substantial advantage over one who did not.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 20:04:19 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]pokemon event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]GYM LEADER 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Once you complete developing your gym, the Gym Inspector arrives. If it is not the current inspector, KYLE LOPEZ, it is DAHLIA GOODE, FERNANDO SILPH, MICHAEL NAVIDSON or any of the ELITE FOUR (MATIAS SILPH, MELODY MIRO, GREYSON CONNORS).[break][break]

No matter how horrendous or immaculate your gym is, they approve. You get top marks across the board.[break][break]

In surreal fashion, a confetti balloon suddenly materializes and pops overhead, showering you all in celebration. The clapping continues until a gasp brings the festivities to a halt.[break][break]

Where the TERA CRYSTAL once was is a glowing, oozing POWER SPOT.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Yo! Champ in making!

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 20:42:40 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

after hearing what was to be an explantion of the visuals surrounding him now, made clear by the league's emblem splashed all-around, sudden reminders of the challenges he once faced before in his homeland began to play across his mind like a slideshow, shot after shot, in black-and-white, culminating in the attainment of the title he once held proudly - one that holds no meaning here in hoenn.

but to hear that a fellow pokémon enthusiast was...

"really? josh is a gym leader?" good arceus almighty, talk about doing double duty, which includes his work with the rangers. that's funny; he's never mentioned that to me before. i can't imagine how big of a workload that must be for him." commendation would be in order, but here and now was neither the time nor the place to offer such a sentiment. with eyes widening, his interest piqued, he'd dare to ask, "you think that if i were to-"

challenge him...

but before he could express that thought aloud the sight of..."no way...!?" a power spot. he could've sworn that wasn't here a minute ago...! for being an optical illusion...it undoubtedly looked real...

proceed to stage two
+0 rks points
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 23:17:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Seeing the Power Spot didn't cause Shalin any alarm at all. "That's part of most Gyms! There are a couple exceptions, but most of them have a Power Spot close by, if not on the property itself," she explained, gesturing toward DYNAMAX BANDS alongside the Mega Stones and Z-Crystals ready for use. "And you can get a test run with any of them before seeking one yourself!"

The Shiny Beedrill, growing impatient, stretched her wings and silently fluttered them, forcing her trainer to hold on tight. Shalin let out a yelp before speaking softly to her partner, "We'll get into the air soon enough! He might join us." Then again, if he saw what she had just done, it was more likely he would think she was crazy. There was always a chance, though.

Perhaps Silv was a bit on the wilder side than she thought!

"Need a recommendation?" she asked, a sly smile on her face.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 15:05:23 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

part of most gyms? perhaps at least here in hoenn. before recent expeditions, they were non-existent to the man. seeing some of those up-close and personally? an experience that might have otherwise been imagined in a dream - or a nightmare, depending one's perspective. suppose that would explain the materials provided in this makeshift realm, all of which were well-suited for battle, particularly under extreme circumstances. except...no gym that he had ever been generous enough to supply such resources to their guests or challengers.

such is the essence of simulation...

"that's strange...where i'm from, there weren't any of those at all." but that was neither here nor there. times change, circumstances change, and above all else, landscapes are bound to change - especially in the years past since his departure from his homeland. perhaps silverio may need to add this to his list of never-ending things to write home about. as for the aforementioned resources? while he is, in fact, in possession of a mega stone by default, the paldean has not yet seen or encountered any reasons to use it. not yet, to say the least.

and as if things couldn't get any wierder...

eyes widen as they turned upward towards the captain. "wait a minute...you're not suggesting that we try battling with this stuff here, are you...?" the cadet deduces; given the nature of this virtual scenario, she probably is.

---
+0 rks points
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 6:57:15 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The smile on Shalin's face grew as Silverio inquired about the purpose of all the high-end Pokémon accessories. "That's what they're here for! That Flygon-scaled Sygna Suit in the corner will let you do the same things I can!" she less-than-subtly tried to push Silverio toward her own experience. The experience she could only share with others within the simulation, as the Sygna power that enabled her to sit alight an insect's wing was hers and hers alone.

The giant, Shiny wasp crawled past Silverio, giving him a good look at the girl made Gym Leader. As much as he may not have wanted to believe it, she indeed was sitting on the blue, translucent appendage. Would it really be possible for Silverio, too, if he donned that suit?

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 23:34:14 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

maybe he should've thought twice about accepting shalin's invitation to experience a gym challenge here after all, for this was starting to grow widely out of the paldean's comfort zone. technology he hadn't seen before until recently, free to use at his own leisure? despite this environment being nothing more than a living dream to the captain, the man himself didn't believe himself to be capable of being trusted with such advanced machinery.

and yet, he finds himself being ushered towards it. more questions arose, but no answers were in sight. "i dunno about all this..." skepticism was only natural in this scenario. even if this isn't real-life depiction of such a scene, questions still remained. and even so, he eyes the empty suit. grasping a sleeve with one hand, and eventually, somehow fits into it. like gloves on calloused hands.

"i guess now's a better time than any to learn how to use this stuff...i guess?" now or never, rather.

---
+0 rks points

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 6:17:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Wearing the replica of Shalin's Flygon Sygna Suit, may have felt the sensation of being mostly human and a small part Flygon rather than fully human. "These suits let you be one with your Pokémon in a way even Mega Evolution doesn't allow," Shalin explained, still casually sitting on the Beedrill's extended wing. "If you share the same emotions as your Pokémon, you can power up their skills. That's the very basics of what you can do with a Sygna Suit. Like this!"

With an absurdly JOLLY look on her face, the Captain gripped the wing with all four limbs. She, her Flygon, and the wing she sat on glowed a brighter green as it began to flap and buzz, a distorted whoop audible over the quieter but more frequent vibrations. They only lasted for a few seconds, but even that left her on an adrenaline high unlike anything he may have seen from her before. "Just like that! Queen Zing's got another wing if you want to try it yourself!"

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 15:36:40 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silverio"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

how has shalin managed to handle donning such attire and utilizing its capabilities for as long as she has? perhaps he may never know for certain, but one thing was for sure though: he couldn't knock this thing off until he tries it. in fact, if this whole ordeal weren't some manner of virtual simulation, then seeing him in a suit like this may be considered worthy of being a catalyst for a meme, especially with the exasperated confusion that's clearly shown on his features.[break][break]

it was only a few seconds, but in that short time, silverio strugged to witness the captain riding along her insect queen's wing, though her voice surely expressed her enjoyment of the experience. but to invite him to try for himself? he could only imagine himself falling straight off the thing in a matter of...maybe less than one second? still..."i guess it's a worth a shot...okay..."[break][break]

reluctantly, he moved to grasp the opposite wing as tightly as a kingler's claw vice-gripping a seashell, preparing himself for a joyride that he may never take part in otherwise. "okay...i'm ready...!"[break][break]

no, he wasn't...

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

bingo: meme[break]
bingo prompts: 1 of 5[break]
rks points gained: 0[break]
rks points total: 50

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]--accent:#052bed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 21:51:48 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Without the protection of the suit, it would take but a split second for Shalin and Silverio to be dislodged. With them on, that time would be extended to as long as the vast Infinity Energy demand could be met. "Alright, hold on tight! Let's go, Queen Zing!" the Captain cheered her Shiny Beedrill on. Her blue eyes glinting in the sunlight bathing the open-air Gym, the bug-type stretched her wings and silently fluttered them, already sounding like a beating fan were one to stand near them.

After the wasp stopped to give the two a short chance to breathe, the real show would begin. The sound of intensely-blowing air around Shalin and Silverio would be drowned out by a loud drone not only coming from the Beedrill's wings, but their own bodies as the two riders buzzed with them. What should have turned the two brave trainers to paste kept them fully intact, Sandy's Infinity Energy flowing from her to the two suits and back. Within seconds, the vibrations became so fast that it felt more like hovering on top of the wing rather than being in constant contact with it as it beat invisibly fast. Shalin's senses were jumbled up, and she suspected Silverio's might be, too.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 23:51:02 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silverio"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

suppose that having the suit on during this ride would pay dividends for the man's physical condition after it'd be over and done with. how the petalburg captain has managed to endure joyrides on her bug's wings consistently was anyone's guess, and despite the impending nausea that may have just been triggered as a result of this wild joyride, this was an experience he may not consider partaking in again anytime soon.[break][break]

the environment may be made up, but strenuous activity within was all too real...[break][break]

as the insect queen paused her motions, silverio found himself rapidly losing his grip, but he'd managed to retain it, all of which he'd only have mere seconds before the beedrill started to buzz away once again. only this time, he'd then find himself glowing with a light shining like a precious emerald. between him, the captain, and her pokémon, synergy may have been achieved - if only for but a millisecond.[break][break]

having lost all sensation of direction or positioning for the moment, silv could feel his head and body rushing, flooding with adrenaline, all at the cost of blurred vision and perhaps temporarily lost sense of self. "how do you...do this...all the time!? this is crazy!!" he shouted.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

bingo: emerald[break]
bingo prompts: 2 of 5[break]
rks points gained: 0[break]
rks points total: 50

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]--accent:#052bed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 21:23:25 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Silverio wasn't wrong; it was crazy. Their suits would protect them from physical hazards created by the fast and strong vibrations, but it wouldn't do anything to leave them less disoriented. To little surprise of her own, her challenger was out of breath after one run that wasn't a warm-up. "Fun, isn't it?!" Shalin cried back, her body overflowing with adrenaline as well. "Find your Pokémon that means the most to you, perfect your bond with it, and you'll be able to do something just as extraordinary with a suit of your own."

Shalin slid off the Beedrill's wing once she had recovered enough of her senses to stand on her own two feet again. Were Silverio to do the same, she would buzz her wings again shortly afterward, giving the cadet a good look at just how fast they were going.

{PC: 7}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU