Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 8:12:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The academic process is one that is bolstered by collaboration between distinct minds. What greater collaboration could there be than one that bridged the gap between worlds?

Even if one of those minds had stabbed the other's world in the jugular with a knife and twisted. The whispers of the Aether Foundation echoed far into yesterday, and were but a scant memory of today. By tomorrow, they would be words on a tablet too eroded to read, too forgotten to translate.

Yet tomorrow had not yet come.

"Jules Cotillard." The admin turned to face the Megalopolan, looking away from Regice. Several machines were hooked up to the golem, and a dark violet orb resonated from within the Iceberg Pokémon's Clear Body. "My condolences for Velmos."

He had no clue whether the scientist and the general were affiliated beyond a festering desire for the materials that Hoenn offered. Still, cordiality had never failed the archaeologist. It would not fail him now.

@shred's conversation with Velmos prior to his death had born little fruit. Hopefully this one would be more productive. The admin certainly wasn't footing the bill on another expensive mean, that was for sure.

"I'm not particularly surprised that you did not join him on his mission home."

@julescotillard

close tab

played by

NPC

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
232 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2024 3:04:04 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"sad, but he made his choice on his own."[break][break]

cotillard grants no other reaction. his eyes are shielded by his visor and megalopolan helm: made for war, but now protective gear for science.[break][break]

"and why would i join him?" he spreads his arms to the laboratory and to the greater empire of rocket itself. "i am perfectly happy here!"[break][break]

after all, his wife's remains now grace the tortured fabric of this world. burned to ever traveling ashes by 's hand.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#446e95; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass="nullelem"]} .palise-mini-avatar.user-232 .palise-mini-avatar-3 { background-image: url(https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOVERS/phyco%20hover.png)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2024 6:12:04 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Like I said, I don't blame you. The pursuit of knowledge is its own reward. We keep going no matter the cost to ourselves, right?"

This man is, by virtue of his existence, a criminal. An intruder from another world who attempted to conquer, yet falling short in the eleventh hour. In another timeline, he would have been viewed as a hero—one who traversed the sea of stars to save his own world—but not here.

Such was the price of loss, when the winners wrote the eulogy of the slain.

Still, Jules had done much for his people. He had a dream, and his dream had been for the betterment of those he led. Howard could not hate one who chased his dreams and craved elucidation. He had been so close to marriage, too. Perhaps Howard had come out ahead of Jules. His wife-to-be had not perished in a snap of thunder.

Yet Jules had loved. Perhaps that was enough.

"You fought, you lost, and now you persist. It wouldn't doubt me if you outlasted all of your fellow generals." Howard clapped the man on the shoulder, sending a metallic rattle through the lab. "Good for you! Now, I'm curious..."

He gestured at the frozen construct before them.

"As one from another world, what do you think of our engines of war? How does it match up to the gods and weapons of Ultra Megalopolis? I'm not familiar with your culture. I'm curious."

Even as an admin, archaeology, history, and anthropology were Howard's indulgences. A cultural exchange was in order.

close tab

played by

NPC

awards
232 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 6:22:15 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"during the peak of our civilization, our technology had far surpassed yours. frankly, your world is primitive compared to ours." [break][break]

jules pauses and his visor withdraws. sullen, old eyes grace howard before peering at the regice, cold airs wafting by.[break][break]

"but it is catching up. rapidly."[break][break]

the megalopolan shakes his head.[break][break]

"if only i had been alive during the height of ultra megalopolis. how glorious it would have been to be surrounded by such scientific marvels."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#446e95; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass="nullelem"]} .palise-mini-avatar.user-232 .palise-mini-avatar-3 { background-image: url(https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOVERS/phyco%20hover.png)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 6:31:25 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Your people lifted the veil for ours. When more advanced civilizations interact with lesser, they tend to raise their inferiors up.

The Ultra Megalopolis had enlightened this world to other dimensions. They had kickstarted Rocket and League's capacity for interdimensional travel. Though the admin understood none of it, he understood the influence that the Megalopolans held over much of the region's more modern tech.

In a sense, the Megalopolans would never fully die. A small roadbump, a compromise proclaimed by the sore losers that had silently wept as they returned to their lightless world. Yet Howard saw it as a victory, however small. True, genuine success.

It would echo through millennia. 

"Tell me about them." The admin's gaze did not leave Regice. "Furthermore, tell me about your assault on Mauville."

He gestured absentmindedly. He would eventually push the point of this meeting, but it would be a crime to not stop and savor the rosebushes along the path to enlightenment.

"It was a particular warfront, no? Why'd you choose it?"

close tab

played by

NPC

awards
232 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 7:29:04 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

jules postpones the elaboration of megalopolan history. such a conversation would need to be saved for a later time, a later date—but even then, many such records have been eroded by the madness. darkness has not only drowned the city, but has also wiped the lamplight of memetic archives.[break][break]

"we required an exorbitant volume of energy to bring our forces here. each warfront was the source of astounding energy. mauville's powerplant was a pivotal stronghold for that very reason."[break][break]

he fiddles with his mustache, coiling the blue tip into a tight point.[break][break]

"as our scientists warped our xurkitree into the powerplant, we engaged an impeccable specimen. a powerful golem of electricity. eventually, we were forced to exile it into ultra space after it could not be contained."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 7:46:07 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Light was the cornerstone of civilization. Fire allowed man to venture out into the darkness and place names and descriptions on the vague and nameless forms that haunted the night for epochs. Fire was not a great invention because it allowed for the sizzling of meats, but because it had brought elucidation to the human species.

When the stars in the sky had flickered and died, the Megalopolans were left to devour each other in the dark.

A golem of electricity. Even now, continued to haunt him with her success. The way she had thrown that Pokeball, the passion reflected in her gaze that seizing the giant would fix her life...

...he wanted that for himself. The capacity to seize what did not belong to him. Even if her path had been wrong, he wanted the ability to walk it with confidence.

"I was wondering if that was you. Head Scientist Flint and I spoke about it, once. I had wondered if your Xurkitree had swapped places with Hoenn's Regieleki." A deep exhale. A flicker of rage in his heart threatened to erupt. One that had been building since his conversation with . "That was ours. You stole part of our region's history, Jules. Kicked it away to a world consigned to the universe's trash heap."

"But." His eye twitched. He finally turned to face the general. "I got to see something special because you did. The reason why we always win."

The moment leading up to that moment had been miserable. June had been miserable before catching Regieleki. June had been miserable after catching Regieleki. Yet in that moment, she had shined. She had done something that the Megalopolans could not.

Rage turned to pride.

"Did you find a ruin? An effigy? Did you send anything else to Ultra Space when you fought it to a standstill?"

close tab

played by

NPC

awards
232 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 9:28:24 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the megalopolan laughs. [break][break]

"it was not a matter of extraterrestrial larceny. it was simply bad luck. for the jumentous coil, that is."[break][break]

the sentimentality howard conveys past the twitch of his eye is understood by cotillard. however, he does not allow that emotive blade to dig much deeper by way of the archaeologist's frustrating, pompous way of punctuating his thought.[break][break]

"an effigy? non. a ruin? there is a distinct possibility that one may have existed where new mauville is now." the megalopolan waves his hand in the air like a limp whisk. "however, your people either covered it up or destroyed it when you made that sorry excuse for a power plant."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 21:27:23 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The more words that fell from the Megalopolan's mouth, the more the admin's eye twitched.

"I see." Frustratingly, a buzz of irritation entered his words. Nobody else to blame but the arrogance of the species that had torn down its monuments in the name of progress. The Draconids had respected the past, as did . Regidrago's statue in Meteor Falls stood tall, but in the face of encroaching modernity?

Humanity had forgotten yesterday in favor of today. They had defeated themselves in a way that Megalopolans could only dream of.

"I prefer to call it burglary, Jules. Not larceny." The admin confessed. "But it seems like we shot ourselves in the foot. Our own species cut us the deepest, always. We can unite against outside threats, but how do we deal with betrayal of within?"

A deep sigh.

"Any ideas on finding it or recovering it? New Mauville's Power Spot is malfunctioning as well. Perhaps the two are connected?"

close tab

played by

NPC

awards
232 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 8:06:20 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

cotillard chortles. his laughter like a baited hook plunging into nooks and crannies of archaeological frustration.[break][break]

"euh."[break][break]

the scientist's hands cycle around each other as thrums of thinking leave his lips.[break][break]

"tear new mauville apart and look for yourself!" he says. "or check if one of those peculiar crystalline caves is underneath it."[break][break]

he raises a finger like the dangling sleeve of a jester's hat.[break][break]

"ah, but how funny would it be if those crystal caverns replaced what once was below?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 8:35:37 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"In the tunnels? It'd be a terrible punchline. I might throw something." The admin frowned. "I suppose. Everything ends up in the earth's varicose veins, lined with crystal. A sibling of steel found its way down there, recently."

As much as he hated to admit it, there was a chance that the Tera Crystals and their tunnels had rotted that section of the region away into nothingness, leaving little behind but infinitely faceted gems that peered into other worlds. If the ruin had fallen that far, it would be impossible to recover.

Yet they had to try.

"Carry on. I'll be coming back for Regice later." Howard turned and stepped away from the lab, his shoes clicking against the floor as he straightened his hat. "Ah."

He stopped.

"Jules."

He turned.

"I never knew you when you were pretending to be one of us, but you would've been a fine human. Not a good man, but a human..." He pursed his lips, thoughtful. "Yeah, you would've excelled in that field."

He stared at the icebound colossus, before meeting the Megalopolan's eyes for a moment from beneath his old war helm.

"One day, I'd like you to show me where your wife fell so I can mark it. I can't bring her back, but I can immortalize her in time." He shrugged again, before turning away after vowing to engrave a traitor into the human consciousness eternal. "After I tear down that Power Plant, of course. Tomorrow will not be allowed to get in the way of today. Goodbye."

Click. Click. Click.

The admin left the lab, leaving the Megalopolan behind. Suddenly, the golem blinked to life.

⠽⠕⠥ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠚⠕⠊⠝ ⠓⠑⠗ ⠎⠕⠕⠝ ⠕⠥⠞⠇⠁⠝⠙⠑⠗

close tab

played by

NPC

awards
232 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 5:28:38 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

life spent as a human had been miserable, lonely, yes. however, long reflection has converted that solitary era as a surprising source of pride for the alien. like walsh, he had been a stealer of faces. though he carried only his human face, the myriad of expressions he had to learn, the timings in which to deploy them was an entire theatre's cast. [break][break]

"farewell!"[break][break]

he waves.[break][break]

even if jules can not recover his wife's remains in this accursed universe, surely, she lives in another.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TRANSISTOR
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 5:28:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven