awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julian
JULIAN BRIERLEY
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2024 22:56:18 GMT
JULIAN BRIERLEY Avatar
it's been one hell of a day in this part of lilycove city. a horde of porygon escaped, causing issues with connectivity everywhere. the most notable victim is the lilycove department store, whose registers and pin pads are all down, leaving the employees with no way to satiate their customers. a certain streamer heard about it on the grapevine, since she lives just outside the affected area (thank god). this seems like a job for heidi hemlock! she thought to herself, just before grabbing her mask and the rest of her costume from the trunk in which they're stored.

once there, heidi immediately starts reporting. "gooood day everyone! it's your fav heidi hemlock, coming to you live from a disastrous internet outage in lilycove city! the culprit is a group of porygon running rampant-- but i should be safe while connected to my hot spot! i'll keep you posted from here while-- HEY!"

a porygon wanders past, and suddenly, the stream disconnects. julian stares slack-jawed behind the mask, before her temper flares. "GET BACK HERE!"

and so... she chases after it, in what's probably a first for everyone who sees her: a tiny girl in a morpeko mask, a black wig, and a go-pro camera strapped to her head, running after a porygon while shouting at it to slow down. as if things couldn't get any weirder around here...

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 14:57:35 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

downtime has never come easy for the rangers, especially for one foreigner in particular whom to this day has been swept up in just about any ongoing or impending debacle imaginable. in fact, just recently, he had assisted in efforts to relieve the inhabitants of sea mauville from the suffering endured after much of the venue had been sunk - quite literally. and what a grand ole time that was; the man himself had come close to visiting davy jones' locker on a great number of occasions during that stretch.

and now...

a well-earned break from the job, and possibly from society, would be invested in time for himself. accompanying him today was an emerald-eyed quadraped baring fur akin to the setting sun at dusk. no better way to enjoy a day off than a stroll on serene streets with one of your poképals. as if he had just mentally jinxed himself, screams can be heard in the near distance.

naturally, the paldea native would have to report such a development. and so...wait a minute..."what? the comms are down!? how...?" wrong time for that to happen! silly networks, they always seem to find ways to glitch out when silverio would need them most. his lycanroc barks, signaling that it may have just spotted some unusual behavior in the near distance. turning towards the direction of where..."no way..."

what appeared to be an oversized morpeko - either that or a person in a mask - is giving chase to a wild porygon. with such a being notorious for being a technologically advanced pokémon, silv deduces that..."i think you may have just found the problem, good job buddy. let's go!" and sadly, he would have to go it alone on this impromptu mission to stop that porygon.

the wolf pokémon speeds ahead of his trainer en route to the culprit and its apparent pursuer, barking all the while.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

julie, heidi hemlock
she/they
february six
lilycove city
pansexual
vlogger
cadet
all i need are things i like!
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julian
JULIAN BRIERLEY
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 19:15:05 GMT
JULIAN BRIERLEY Avatar
suddenly, something starts barking behind her, close at her heels. julian shrieks, stopping the chase in order to flinch and whirl around. "wh-wh-what!?" she's got a hand on her belt, ready to bring out a pokemon, but... the lycanroc doesn't appear to be aggressive. and not far behind it is who she presumes to be its trainer. did that porygon manage to piss them off too, somehow?

remembering her prey, julian turns again, just as the porygon disappears behind a corner. "HEY!" she starts off once more. the damn thing is just too fast... she's panting as she goes, until finally she comes to a complete stop, doubling over. "you-- you're trying to catch it too, right...?" she asks silverio, only able to speak so brazenly because of the mask hiding her face. god, this wig itches... "i saw it go... that way..." she points in the direction of the porygon's escape. i really need to work out more...

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 20:43:23 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

and so the chase is on! the wolf pokémon quickly closes in on the alleged mischief-maker and its pursuer, but is stopped cold when the entity - who ultimately turns out to be just a person disguised as a pokémon after all - turns to face the beast. was this person looking for a fresh catch, perhaps? judging from their stance, that appears to be case - either that, or they're looking for a fight. either way, that is not the focus of silverio's self-appointed objective. rather, it is to subdue that pesky piece of twisted machinery.

before long, silv arrives, with his lycanroc standing at the ready in search of the prey that might have gotten away. but the masked individual makes a beeline to give chase once more. and then stopping again. it looks like someone needs to work on their stamina, but that was neither here nor there. the ranger can barely make out what was asked in between the masked being's words and their heavy breathing. "yeah, i am." he begins a response, as his canine companion commences a survey of the area by sniffing around, looking to catch a hint of that porygon's scent.

"i heard screaming, then i saw you running after that porygon. when i go to make a call for help, all of a sudden, my communicator is down! something tells that may not be the only thing that's gone haywire here, and i think that thing's got somethin' to do with it." the lycanroc runs a straight line in the direction pointed out by the stranger, stopping at a corner to take a whiff of the air there. it barks, signaling that the scent is growing stronger, indicating that the porygon may still be closeby.

"it looks like it may not have gone too far. but the sooner we can catch it, the sooner we can get our tech working right again." with that being said, he set off after his partner, leaving little time for this apparent pokémaniac to catch their breath.

mission: data leak

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

newt

julie, heidi hemlock
she/they
february six
lilycove city
pansexual
vlogger
cadet
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julian
JULIAN BRIERLEY
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 1:52:31 GMT
JULIAN BRIERLEY Avatar
julian is still panting, sweating under her mask. she wishes she could take it off, but... there's no way she can show her face now! even aside from how gross she probably looks, she doesn't want to run the risk of her real identity being connected to her online persona. she's just going to have to grin and bear it. "the-- the whole area is down--" she points out to him. "a bunch of porygon... running rampant. not just that one!"

but he's already taken off. julian groans and runs after him. "there's-- no way-- we're gonna catch it-- on foot!" they yell, gritting their teeth. "we should... set a trap! instead!" their mind is running through their encylopedic knowledge of pokemon, trying to figure out the possibilities. there has to be something that can lure a porygon in close... it doesn't eat, doesn't breathe, doesn't sleep... what is it, then?

a thought occurs. "i've got it!"

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 17:09:43 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silverio"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

just great...[break][break]

so it's not just his communicator that's gone haywire, but all of the technology in the city as well!? not a good look for its citizens or guests. it's especially a bad sign for silverio, since he is now rendered unable to call for backup. that is to say, save for this oddly-dressed person who is apparently in pursuit of that techno pokémon - the alleged culprit. and to think that there's more than one?[break][break]

surely, if they can capture one, then they can catch 'em all...[break][break]

but supposedly pursuing them on foot is ill-advised, according to the masked citizen. in any event, silv and his lycanroc come to a stop when this person calls to the ranger once again. a unnecessary setback, for the longer they remain stationary, the more difficult it may be to catch those critters before they do any more damage.[break][break]

but...[break][break]

"i guess any idea is better than none...whatcha got?" he asks as he turns his eyes to the impromptu client. meanwhile, his lycanroc scampers over to the masked human(?), takes a quick whiff, then assumes a seat in front of them with his tail swaying to and fro, deeming that no harm may come from them. for now at least.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

mission: data leak[break]
bingo: capture[break]
bingo prompts used: 1 of 5

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]--accent:#052bed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

julie, heidi hemlock
she/they
february six
lilycove city
pansexual
vlogger
cadet
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julian
JULIAN BRIERLEY
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 18:33:49 GMT
JULIAN BRIERLEY Avatar
she's getting a little excited now. "porygon are digital pokemon," julian-- heidi-- explains. she reaches down offer a hand for his lycanroc to sniff before proceeding with careful pets, trying to avoid the rockier bits of the pokemon. "they don't need to eat, sleep, or more importantly-- breathe. that's why we can't catch them. they'll outrun us every time." true, she'd chased after the one porygon, but that was more out of anger than anything else.

now that they're thinking clearly, julian has a plan. "they can move freely through cyberspace. out here they're probably lost and confused. if we can lure them into a place with high internet traffic, they'll probably go right to it." under the mask, they purse their lips, thinking. "of course, the main issue is how we get the internet back up... there might be an internet cafe with functioning wi-fi on the outskirts of the city that we can use as a trap." if they get far enough from the epicenter, they might be able to find a connection.

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 21:11:06 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

this person may be on to something here...[break][break]

it's true that porygon are unlike most other living organisms; they do not require any supplies of traditional nourishment in order to survive, and they can operate for longer periods of time, keep going on like a certain brand of batteries. people are prone to loss of breath, which would indeed explain the reasons of which pursuing the techno pokémon would be ill-advised, and quite frankly a waste of time. thinking better of it now, the ranger will take this masked person's suggestion into account.[break][break]

cyberspace...?[break][break]

imaginary light bulbs flash above the paldean's head. an internet hot spot where the porygon haven't hit yet? outside the city? as farfetched as it sounds, this makeshift plan already sounds better than any attempt to track their scent - or lack thereof. but wait! "the internet cafe...of course! i remember passing by there on my way into the city. there's a chance that the porygon haven't passed through there yet, but for this idea of yours to work, we'd better hope that they don't get there before us."[break][break]

while the wolf pokémon appreciates the strangely affectionate gesture from the masked pursuer, he takes this notion as a cue to assume a readied stance, aiming to dart into the next direction the group may be headed. "ready to go."

NOTES

---[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

julie, heidi hemlock
she/they
february six
lilycove city
pansexual
vlogger
cadet
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julian
JULIAN BRIERLEY
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 18:52:05 GMT
JULIAN BRIERLEY Avatar
it's times like these that julian wishes they had a pokemon to ride. they'll have to go on foot, which is a major pain in the ass. they follow silverio for now, because he seems to remember where there's a cafe on the outskirts of the city. julian's still a little winded from earlier, but they try not to show it even as they pick up the pace a bit so they might get there before the porygon do.

as they approach the internet cafe, julian remembers something. "right!" she turns to silverio, her homemade mask leering at him. "i'm supposed to be livestreaming right now, and when we get to the cafe i'll have internet again... do you mind if i film this? it'll be such a cool catch!" her viewers would go wild for this shit. heidi hemlock saves the day! maybe she'll get a badge of honor or something. that is... assuming everything goes according to plan.

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2024 21:55:20 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

indeed, silverio can easily recall the exact location of that venue. what's more? his canine companion could sharply trace the scent of coffee beans and hardwires back to the outskirts of the city, and with the wolf hot on that scent's trail, neither human - or what appears to be a human behind a mask - could afford to waste time in pursuing the alleged culprits. getting into position to set a trap is one thing, but catching an offender that's constantly on the move? good luck.[break][break]

the venue in question soon comes into the ranger's line of sight, several feet away from the city's entrance. now to hash out this plan, except..."huh...!?" was the masked civilian looking to record their exploits in the city prior to its entire network going haywire? what manner of content...actually, never mind! for the sake of serenity, or lack thereof at the moment, he'll go along with whatever this person has in mind. for now, to say the least.[break][break]

"sure, sure. just...try to keep it clean, yeah?" the content, that is. all the while, he signals for his canine to find a safe place to hide, and he does so within a patch of tall greens. can't afford to intimidate the porygon or any passersby for that matter.

NOTES

---[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

newt

julie, heidi hemlock
she/they
february six
lilycove city
pansexual
vlogger
cadet
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julian
JULIAN BRIERLEY
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 17:34:45 GMT
JULIAN BRIERLEY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","widecurve"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","charicon"]
heidi gives silverio a thumbs up, her mask already caught in a perpetual wink. "i always keep it clean!"[break][break]

with that, they set to work. first they reconnect to the internet on their personal phone, starting the stream up again. after a few moments, the chat starts popping off again. "hey everyone, it's heidi again!" they chirp, pointing the camera at their face-- mask-- whatever. "sorry about that! a bunch'a porygon escaped and took down the internet here. took a while to find a spot to connect again--" and here they pan around the internet cafe, which is almost completely empty. "--but now we're back up and running! and more importantly, we're gonna try to catch the porygon and send 'em home!" she lets the camera linger on silverio for a moment, before it comes back to her.[break][break]

she chats with her viewers for a few minutes as she rushes around turning every single computer on. she plays videos on them, videos of anything and everything, just to make sure the internet is not only connected but being actively used. then she releases her toxtricity, which yawns as if he was taking a nap. "i'll paralyze 'em as they come," julian tells silverio. "you can use that as an opening to knock 'em down."[break][break]

then the first porygon is upon them. if she weren't on camera right now she might have jumped up and down in glee over her plan actually working. "dray, use nuzzle!"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]now i'm afraid of losing, so i shut myself in.[break]
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#d19ce1; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .charicon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/9crMGvV/julian-icon-7.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
273 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
mods, ban this clown [m]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 22:38:18 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

the beauty of technology...[break][break]

except there was nothing pretty about this unorthodox situation they find themselves in. luckily, the impromptu duo manages to arrive at the designated locale long before the porygon would. alas, this was only the first step in the masked content creator's plan to catch those wayward porygon once and for all. soon enough, connectivity has been established, both in the masked one's streaming device and silverio's communicator. as the camera focused on the ranger for a mere second, he keeps busy by exporting a message to headquarters - basically, stating that some weird shit is happening and that he'll deal with it. somehow.[break][break]

"sounds like a plan." he agrees, and now it was just a matter of executing it.[break][break]

with the wolf waiting in the wings, one porygon emerges in the vicinity, their cue to strike. the toxtricity is able to shock it into submission, which allows for silv's lycanroc to follow-up with a swift quick attack to knock the dastardly thing down a peg. but that's only one of who knows how many there are. it may require a solid combined effort; how much dream work will this amount of teamwork create? only time will tell, and there may not be enough time to consider other possible solutions.[break][break]

"it's working...!? it seems like they're attracted to parts of cyberspace that are more active...! interesting..."

NOTES

---[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB