Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A World Away, A Dream Dismay
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 0:15:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Sorry for this." Howard said as he and Absinthe trekked up a narrow path in the side of Meteor Falls. In the sky above, a Minior flew overhead, its shell shattering into a dozen pieces as it crashed into a distant wall of the mountain range. "Everyone in Rocket is busy, and I needed a guard. I figure you've kicked enough drunkards out of your bar to be a pretty good ask."

Everyone in Rocket was busy because within the next few days, Rocket's invasion of Petalburg would begin and the city would burn. Mossdeep would burn. Both would be Rocket's.

Howard silently wished that the organization would fail.

"Besides, I figured you wouldn't mind some fieldwork." He didn't add that leaving Absinthe to her own devices for long periods of time worried the admin. If he brought her along, she'd be doing something other than silently musing in her lab. A dark place led to dark thoughts. "There's something I want you to see."

At his belt, he held only one Pokeball.

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
bar owner, drug manufacturer
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 0:49:55 GMT
Absinthe Blackwood Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","absinthe"]
[attr="class","body"]

the warfront approaches. on the side of a mountain, absinthe trails after howard, bearing the beating sun against her brow with only the occasional dabbing of a cloth to her hairline.[break][break]

"you're right," she says behind him, a confirmation that she's more than experienced with beating back drunkards raising hell in her den, and that such drunkards usually leave with at least one broken bone. "although i usually do so with a bat."[break][break]

six pokeballs are at her belt. it doesn't escape her attention that howard is only equipped with the one, nor that his tone is important. she's certain that he would have been able to defend himself had he brought more than one pokemon with him, but it sounds like he wanted her specifically with him. eyeing him carefully, absinthe keeps pace, hoping to whatever god will listen to her that this fieldwork will not turn out like the last one.[break][break]

"and what is it we'll be seeing?" absinthe queries. "or do you prefer to surprise me?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 1:50:38 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It's a secret!" He waggled a finger at her as they reached the mouth of a cave, vaguely shaped like a dragon. Not that the formation was uncommon in Meteor Falls, where ancient stones shifted and dragons reigned as kings. "It's a popular spot with the locals."

Still, his eye sparkles with delight as they hike upwards. He's passionate. It's like a hike from his youth, where he and other boys from Rustboro would try to find dragons, only to hitch a ride on a friendly Drampa for a ride home.

It's the expression of someone in their field with few regrets, even if this trip has a purpose beyond a mere hike.

The cave quickly darkened, only to be lit with glittering stones that sparkled like stars in the sky. The sound of running water filled their ears.

"You ever go on hikes, back in college?" She didn't strike him as the type. More of someone who blew up the chemistry lab. "Tons of good spots in Hoenn."

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 3:22:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

he's really excited about this place. absinthe can tell with the way energy fuels his every step, with the way he genuinely seems... happy? it is odd. she has come to know howard for an expression she can only liken to a teenager made to do the dishes, if only the dishes were war crimes and his mother was team rocket itself. odd, certainly, but not bad. sometimes they both need a break.[break][break]

they pass into the cave through the open, gaping maw of a petrified dragon, and are soon surrounded by darkness. the inside feels damp and humid, amplified only by the sound of water dripping from stalactites to the hardy rock below.[break][break]

"i used to run a lot," absinthe replies, voice echoing against the cave walls. "it helped me think. whenever there was a tough homework problem, if i took thirty minutes to run, i could come back with clear eyes and solve it immediately."[break][break]

absinthe smiles behind her mask. it was a much simpler time, when running seemed to be the balm to all of her problems. "i don't do it much anymore, though."[break][break]

she fixes howard with a curious look. "you seem familiar with this area. come here often?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 5:17:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Yeah. I have this friend I grew up with back in Rustboro. Had a big thing for dragons." is a distant memory, like dust in the wind. In his place is an organization that despises him and a job that crushes him down. Chemistry is Absinthe's passion, and she practices it freely. "Must've been here a hundred times, just to play as heroes and dragons and go on adventures for buried treasure."

The treasures they found were meaningless. A shiny rock, a chunk of meteorite, commonplace in an environment where the sky bestows treasures openly allows humanity to pluck the leavings from the ground.

As the name implied, meteors fell here. Their leavings mark the walls with the echoes of other worlds.

"I ran a bit, but for me it was working with my hands." Her answer surprised him. He had her pegged as a lab rat, not a person who used exercise to work through their problems. The way she keeps up with him verifies her answer. "Cleared my mind like one of your stimulants."

He frowned. Was it the other way around?

Regardless, they rushing water eventually surrounds them as they reach a cavern with a shrine built into it. Chimes ring in the still cave air, and Dratini slither away into the depths as the duo approached.

"Pretty cool shrine, yeah? Draconids built it, back in the day. When the world was young and they prayed to their sky god to protect them."

He walks not towards it, but past it.

CONTEXT
close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 0:36:50 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe can't help the twinge in her heart as she listens to howard. his story is one of childhood innocence lost, of living in a time where he can never go back to how things were. back then, everything seemed simpler, more manageable, where one's biggest problems amounted to what they would be eating for dinner.[break][break]

arceus, he's going to make her sad.[break][break]

she flits her attention to the draconid statue, etched out from centuries-old stone, lifted from a world where gods could be relied on. a world where people prayed to the sky for protection feels like something out of a dream, distant and disconnected from the reality they face now. prayers unanswered, hopes dashed against the harsh rocks of life. she glances around at the remnants of those ancient beliefs, feeling the weight of time settle on her shoulders like a burden she can’t shake off.[break][break]

"very ornate," absinthe remarks. "beautiful."[break][break]

her eyes linger on the dratini as they vanish into the shadows, and a pang of something—nostalgia? regret?—tugs at her chest. it’s a feeling she pushes down quickly, unwilling to let it surface. not here, not now.[break][break]

"this is a good place to grow up." she follows him as he moves past the shrine, curiosity gnawing at her insides. "i would have had fun here."

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 2:42:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Old stone. Old wood. All perfectly preserved by the mantle of mankind in the hope that next generation will do the same. Then the next, then the next, then the next in a paradox spiral that continues into infinity.

There was a comforting feeling, Howard thought, in knowing that if his work was relevant enough, people would preserve it long after he was gone. An echo into millennia, long after the flesh had curdled and died and bones had turned into dust. Yet despite that, memories remained.

It seemed unfair to think that, when the woman besides him held tattered records of her own past.

"You still can." He smiled at her, a sly expression hid under the rim of his hat. "We can sit here for a while once we finish here."

Once he and Absinthe finished the task here. It wasn't required, but the admin liked to check on the treasure that lay dormant beneath the tranquil waters.

"You wanted that story, right? Here's a piece of it. There's a statue down there, left here by people even older than the Draconids. I can access it. It's not as scary as your baseball bat, but..." His voice trailed off, thoughtful and musing as he regarded the chemist. He unclipped the Pokeball and tossed it up and down. "...you'll see.

The ball clicked open, and everything froze as a colossal titan rose up like a slumbering mountain. Seven dots flashed in alien patterns, cutting through the hailstorm like a knife. In its center, a large violet mass puled through the automaton's Clear Body.

"This, my lovely chemist..." The admin's voice carried well over the snowstorm. "...is Regice."

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 3:10:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe looks at him, rueful. she's unsure she's capable of having fun anymore. chemistry is her passion, but not done for enjoyment. she has to do it, it is a compulsion that lies in her bones like a waking dragon, and it cannot be ignored. her chemicals are often the only things that make her feel whole, but the human consciousness is not built purely on the notion of wholeness. it has been a long while since absinthe has managed to fully enjoy herself.[break][break]

even so, she will give him the benefit of the doubt. it is the least he deserves. she nods at him. "alright."[break][break]

absinthe's eyes trace his hand as he tosses his pokeball into the air and then catches it, brows furrowing at his explanation of ancient myth and legend. a shrine even older than the one they had passed, slumbering down below, just waiting to be roused. howard says he can reach it, and absinthe's first inclination is that he will teleport them, as he did at the power spot. the truth is far stranger.[break][break]

absinthe shields her face with her arms as a sudden hailstorm swells into existence, and her eyes widen as she chances a glance over her wrists. a golem made of pure ice commands the presence of the cave before them, and seven yellow dots stare at them through the whipping winds. the air around it seems to freeze even further, tiny crystals of ice forming and drifting around its body. the violet core at the center of the ancient golem pulses rhythmically, almost as if it has a heartbeat of its own.[break][break]

right. howard was acting so casual because he had a goddamn ice giant hanging on his belt. why hadn't she thought of that?[break][break]

absinthe whips her head around to stare at howard's face, bracing herself against the storm. the situation is reaching absurd levels for her. "and this thing will get us down there?" she calls over the storm, incredulous.

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 4:00:53 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Thing. What a simple word. Vague. Everything was a thing. Everyone was a thing. There was little in this world that could not be quantified as a thing. Regice was, by all definitions, a thing.

Howard had thought as Absinthe had when he had been entrusted with this icebound construct. It was a tool. An artifact meant to be studied, a tool whose abilities were meant to further Team Rocket's aims and little more. It was a remnant of an era that had long since vanished from this world, and its creators along with it.

Yet it was so much more. It was a weapon that mankind would use to fell a god, something that would slip between Eternatus's ribs like a dagger and twist until the dragon fell to the ground, dead.

"Yeah. It won't be super elegant, but I lost Crumble's Pokeball behind the couch this morning. Couldn't get it out." It's hard to tell if the admin is joking. Those who know him better recognize him as a klutz. Those who know him differently recognize that the archaeologist often lies. This time, however, it is the truth. "So we'll improvise."

From the golem's raw power, 'improvise' translates to 'bringing a sledgehammer to bash in a carpentry nail'.

The water freezes immediately, the Dratini within swimming away to avoid the ensuing ice. A flash of the reddish-purple energy that Absinthe is now familiar with shatters the ice as it freezes, creating a path down to a strange effigy beneath the waves.

"You have no idea how this thing has vexed me over the past year." A deep sigh. He hops down into the lakebed and gestures for Absinthe to follow. "Come."

His face threatened to crust with ice as he gestured again. The cold didn't bother him. Not anymore.

It's like one of her memories. What harm can it cause if he hardly felt it?

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 4:30:09 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe holds no love nor reverence for gods, demigods, or those beings verging on the edge of divinity. powerful, revered, prayed to, and yet often apathetic to the troubles of those lesser than them. she has prayed to those divine chairs on more than one occasion, supplanting the powers that be for assistance in the horrors that often beset her daily life.[break][break]

her prayers were never answered. what use is a god if it holds no love for its believers?[break][break]

but absinthe is no fool. gods deserve respect, at the very least for their capability to wage wars and to rend cities. just like eternatus, it is beautiful because it is dangerous, in the way a corpse flower might be. a thing, a tool, a titan, but also beautiful, the way it's body catches the myriad lights present in the cave, the way it's form acts like a perfect prism, forming the rainbow out of nothing.[break][break]

but it is a burden, for it is fettered. absinthe's eyes linger on the pokeball it had just came from as she moves to follow howard along the lakebed.[break][break]

"you don't want it," absinthe observes. of course howard doesn't want it. he himself said he would rather have something else, if it had not fallen into the extra-dimensional hole that is a couch cushion. joke or not, the impact is clear.[break][break]

"but you have it anyways," she continues, slowly traversing the ice. "what makes it so necessary?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 8:11:06 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Better me than another. There are people in Team Rocket that exist to further their own ends. Most of them, to be fair. Regice is wasted on me. Another might use it better to kill people and level entire cities, but when I use it, it's a minor annoyance."

It was not fully true. Regice had annihilated Dewford on its own before two avatars had stopped it with Howard's help. Its raw power was second to none. It oozed strength, especially when Dynamaxed. Howard used it well, but he also used it sparingly.

That was the weakness.

"It beat Eternatus. Stopped it from destroying the region, at least. It and four others. I'd like to see them unified. Together, they'll give it a solid fight. The records make me suspect that if they all work together, it will fall."

It's a desperate hope, but it's one that he prays to like a desperate mantra. What person would create such a work of art if it could not fell a god? The chemist is more logical. Her answer was likely to be less romantic and more practical. It was an answer the admin didn't want to hear.

Instead, he crossed over to effigy. He hadn't checked on it for a hot minute, but it lay dormant. He touched it and closed his eye. Regice followed suit, acting in synchronization with its trainer.

"Absinthe." His voice was quiet as he felt a flicker in the statue. "You know that feeling of creeping affection, when you know you shouldn't like something, but you eventually realize that you can't live without it?"

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 14:04:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe listens to him speak, and she wonders if howard realises that he is a person.[break][break]

it is hard to do so. absinthe knows it better than anybody. it is easy to forget that she has bones and organs and skin when she is in the lab, making a weapon she think will cure everything that is wrong with her life. it is hard to realise that she is small in the grand scheme of things when she is trying to cleanse the rot that has infected the world. but howard is praying on a horse that has no confirmation of winning, and it seems to absinthe that he has somehow forgotten the aspects of life that make him who he is. in a game of gods, the little people in between never win. even if they think they can, even if they think they have the means to control their individual playing pieces, they always lose even if their horses win.[break][break]

”I think you will die because of it.” absinthe’s voice is hardly above a whisper. her eyes are blank when she looks at howard.[break][break]

she thinks it foolish. she knows he will not listen to her.[break][break]

nonetheless, she made a promise. she will join him in his task to kill god. she will hope beyond even her own logic that, somehow, it will not go wrong.[break][break]

the effigy is now before them. howard touches it as if it is an old friend, and he speaks life into an idea that she is very familiar with. she had lived it, for some time. she had fallen deeper into a love she knew would not end well, a love she knew would consume her. and it did. eventually, she could not separate herself from the pain. he lived inside of her, just as she lived inside of him. a mobius strip, a snake always swallowing its own tail. mutually assured destruction, or mutual deification.[break][break]

mutual consumption.[break][break]

”i have,” absinthe says from behind the archaeologist, her brows knitting together. ”at some point, it feels like breathing gets harder without them.”[break][break]

there is blood in her voice now, as thorns scrape across her throat. ”but whatever has the least amount of interest in keeping you will have the most power over you,” she continues. ”it will break your heart for as long as you keep loving it.“

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 9:09:28 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The little people would win. They would all win.

There were those in this world who were not blessed with divine power or providence. There were people who simply lived their lives as Hoenn burned itself to ash. It was not right for gods to infringe upon this land of mortals and hail themselves as the true authority in the land.

"If I die, I die. As long as ordinary people keep living, it's worth it."

Yet who what were people to avatars? Men to deities? Kings to gods?

There was no part of this world that existed for humanity. It needed to be saved and Eternatus needed to die. Once Eternatus was dead, Howard's part in this war was over. There was nothing else for him to do. The great evil would be purged, and humanity could continue its scuffle.

Absinthe and others would simply need to fend for themselves, but they would not be crushed under the feet of gods that did not see them.

"How romantic." His voice is casual, yet it is clear that the admin is distracted as the statue lies dormant. It does not activate, nor does it resonate with power. "It's similar for me and Regice. When I got it, I didn't care. Now, I find myself needing it more and more."

To compete with people like Jayden or Barnaby or Fern or any of the other great trainers in Rocket. To evenly match any great threat that dared to besiege this world. Normal Pokémon were not enough. His Aerodactyl was not enough. He needed engines of war.

"I still don't know if I care about it. I should. It is my obligation to do so, but I just can't."

A vision of a world with unending land struck the admin's gaze. Not a drop of water in sight, not a hint of anything that can challenge a world where Groudon retained mastery over the land. This statue's golem was not in Hoenn.

Not this Hoenn.

Howard opened his eye. Regice's pattern flashed.

"Good." He turned to her. "It's still there."

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 13:53:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe's nose wrinkles. she had once thought such codependency to be romantic, too. experience has since tempered that worldview.[break][break]

"no. it isn't romantic." absinthe's eyes narrow as she watches howard. "it is suffocating."[break][break]

what absinthe would have given to have never fallen into those same compulsions. she had thought herself immune, too logical to begin seeing one man as a balm to all of her problems, but nobody is ready for that feeling when it rolls around. it took her by surprise, it dulled her teeth.[break][break]

not anymore. absinthe would rather cut off her own hand before she reached for such a relationship ever again.[break][break]

howard is bound by duty, though. a tragic existence, but howard does not have the luxury to shrug off the yoke. born as cattle, to die as cattle. pessimism yet persists in the woman's mind.[break][break]

absinthe shifts on her feet as the archeologist seems to glean something from the effigy he had just communed with. "what is?" she glances at the ice golem through its ever-present misty haze, then back to howard. "you are being vague."

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 17:51:13 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
This was 's dream. This statue right here. The manmade god linked to it by powers that mankind had lost years ago. Absinthe's words were a distant echo. Her concerns, her thoughts, her past and her dreams were second to this statue that had continued to vex him for eight months.

This was the closest link they had to Amor's dream, yet it continued to stump him. He was failing Rocket's former Head Scientist.

He was failing everyone.

"Regice was built with four siblings. I've seen all of them, barring one. This is its statue." How did he explain interdimensional travel to a chemist? It wasn't like he had specialized in the subject. Yet Absinthe was logical. Smart. He hoped that the subject would broach easily. "Yet I have never seen Regidrago, nor have I gotten its statue to do anything."

It just sat here. Its stubborn refusal to give more than a vague hint at an impossible location made Howard want to scream. He would've kicked it in anger if Absinthe wasn't watching, if this statue wasn't a piece of history.

"All the statue ever shows me is a world of infinite land, where Groudon won and sits at the apex of the world."

He turned to face the chemist.

"This must sound obscene."

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP