part of
TAG WITH @anton
Anton Belov
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 14:31:53 GMT
Anton Belov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

This habit of his was becoming something of an issue.
[break][break]
Not the coffee habit. Not the copious amount of artificial sweetener he was applying to the cafe cup. The coffee had a powdery residue, soaking up the aspartame like it wasn’t certain if it enjoyed the taste. No, his habit had nothing to do with anything he did to himself (for once). It was a habit he was taking part in, ritualistic and ultimately human. It involved talking, glaring out the rain-streaked windows for a flash of silver like a pokemon awaiting the return of its trainer.
[break][break]
It wasn’t the act of coffee that was his issue, it was the fact he was doing it as an excuse to sit there and maybe end up in a reluctant conversation with a frosty mean-spirited bitch about things that probably didn’t matter all that much. Trivial. That was the word. Yet, less so than ultimately dragging his sorry ass back to with a latte in hand.
[break][break]
No, sorry.. Not a fucking latte, a venti london fog latte with extra pumps of vanilla and lavender, and then a pump of like hazelnut. Who the fuck even ordered that? Ultimately, Fern would sulk because he forgot some special and important ingredient that he decided to drop on Anton simply for shits and giggles.
[break][break]
Instead, he was sitting around for a weekly visitation as if he were incarcerated, begging for the slightest ounce of human contact. Yet, he didn’t even have jail time as an acceptable excuse. It was a little pathetic. The coffee was just an excuse.
[break][break]
Dogbreath was stretched out on the ground beside him, careless to how many people he tripped up as they weaved between tables in the compact little coffee shop. She looked up at him, lolling tongue and snaggle-teeth. Even she was feeling impatient with him.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ he is a braatt [break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#934150;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-five
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
matias’ PA / PR rep
ace
a revelation in the light of day, you can’t choose what stays and what fades away
awards
349 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 16:59:21 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ambrosia calla"]
[attr="class","amilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

A day off. How frequently did that happen? Not often, when she worked for . And really, the day off was more…mmm, a mental reset before the PR strategies she needed to work on the following day. But sticking to Slateport and meandering from her apartment in search of coffee would be a decent way to start. Fancy coffee, because she deserved the little treat today.[break][break]
And this coffee shop was a favored spot.[break][break]
Cool eyes landed on a scruffy head of unkempt, dark hair. It wasn’t that she was actively looking for him, or chose this particular shop because assumed that he’d turn up too. And she certainly wasn’t pleased at the idea of ending up in what would probably be more of an ongoing argument than a conversation. But if she truly wasn’t interested in any of that, wouldn’t she have just turned around and waltzed right back out the door?[break][break]
A brow rose, but she didn’t immediately speak to him. Cal watched him just long enough for him to know that she’d seen him, before she stepped carefully around the mightyena sprawled on the floor and made her way over to the counter. Knowing his antsy (hah!) energy level, he might very well lose the standoff, but surely she could order her drink without him assailing her with his dumb little insults.[break][break]
Surely.[break][break]
Okay, maybe she didn’t buy the idea that he wouldn’t be whiny for being ignored, but maybe she’d be pleasantly surprised. Maybe.[break][break]
Vesper toddled after her, the mawile’s head turning as she watched Anton and his mightyena curiously. Mischief got the better of her and after she passed by, the wide set of toothy jaws nipped at Dogbreath’s floppy tail. She giggled, and scuttled away out of reach.[break][break]
Only once she’d ordered and been left to wait for the drink to reappear on the counter did she turn back toward Anton, arms folded across her chest as she spun. Silvery white hair swishing about her shoulders, and a thin, battered book dangling from her fingertips. “Beginning to think you’re looking for me, Ant,” she accused breezily.[break][break]
Because it definitely wasn’t the other way around. No sir.

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","icon-ice"] hehe

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

[newclass=".calla"] --accent:#ae9bcc; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ambrosia .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ambrosia .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:500; } .ambrosia .textbox a { font:600 13px/13px 'Poppins'!important; } .ambrosia .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ambrosia .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .ambrosia .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ambrosia .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ambrosia .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ambrosia .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:500 11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 } .ambrosia .tagline a { font:500 11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px; margin-top: 10px; align-content: center;flex-direction: row;flex-wrap: nowrap;align-items: center; } .ambrosia .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; } .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/10px 'Poppins'!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .ambrosia .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

roux

rat bastard
he/him
April 2nd
Kanto idk
demisexual
fern's assistant / artist
grunt
I'm not much a poet, but a criminal and you never had a chance
awards
17 posts
Anton Belov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anton
Anton Belov
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 18:08:59 GMT
Anton Belov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Anton could feel the weight of eyes on him almost immediately. Calla was intense in a heavy ice-storm sort of way. In a way that adversely rivaled his own fiery temper. As she slipped through the front, visibly assessing him, she said nothing. He expected it, even if it still managed to eat at him. This was simply a game between the two of them. Unfortunately, in a game of patience, he always lost out being that he was an impatient idiot.
[break][break]
He did his utmost to remain impassive, staring out at the condensation forming on the glass. The sun had come back out, heating up the rain slick streets. Dogbreath yipped suddenly, no doubt due to a certain troublesome mawile. Yet the mightyena was also quite fat and lazy, managing no more than a snap of teeth in the Mawile's general direction before plopping back onto her side.
[break][break]
"Me? Looking for you? You're just an unfortunate consequence of coming to this place. I think I found it first though... so, really, I think that makes you a stalker." He gasped, shocked at the implication. "It's really sweet of you, princess. Real flattered."
[break][break]
He pushed the chair on the opposing end of the table back with the toe of his shoe. A silent invitation or a demand, either way was perfectly possible.
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ he is a braatt [break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-five
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
matias’ PA / PR rep
ace
a revelation in the light of day, you can’t choose what stays and what fades away
awards
349 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 21:32:32 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

It was a strange back and forth they’d developed, to be sure. Calla actually wasn’t terribly certain how to define it. She definitely wouldn’t call it a rapport, though. They clashed far too much for that. He made a point of trying to ignore her back, but he was so obviously bad at it, she could tell he itched with the need to mouth off at her. So maybe she was feeling merciful in eventually speaking up first. If she’d been in a fouler mood, she would have had no issue sitting across the room, facing him, but going about her business without a word at all.[break][break]
Mean-spirited trick over and done with, Vesper plopped down beside Dogbreath and patted her atop her scraggly-furred head. Pointedly ignoring the bickering between the two people.[break][break]
Her nose wrinkled instantly at being called an unfortunate consequence. She was hardly the consequence. That was all Anton, with his loud mouth and crass words. Honestly, it was a wonder anyone else still lingered in the shop. But they remained—in their own worlds and ignorant of the miniature drama.[break][break]
“How do you even know you found it first?” she argued almost immediately, “I’ve been coming here for ages before you ever turned up, it’s right near my apartment. So actually I found it first.” Her chin tipped up slightly. What was she? Twelve? She shouldn’t have let him drag her into these sorts of squabbles. “I’m not a stalker.” Her nose wrinkled. “And even if I was, which I’m not, I wouldn’t be following you.”[break][break]
She backtracked long enough to snatch her coffee from the counter before inevitably returning, though. Flat stare dropping to the chair he haphazardly kicked out and then rising back up to his face. “Wow, charming.” Still, she sat and slapped her book down. Some old classic work that she hadn’t really gotten into yet.[break][break]
And probably wouldn’t be getting into today either, it seemed.

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

[newclass=".ambrosia"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ambrosia .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ambrosia .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:500; } .ambrosia .textbox a { font:600 13px/13px 'Poppins'!important; } .ambrosia .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ambrosia .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .ambrosia .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ambrosia .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ambrosia .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ambrosia .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:500 11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 } .ambrosia .tagline a { font:500 11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px; margin-top: 10px; align-content: center;flex-direction: row;flex-wrap: nowrap;align-items: center; } .ambrosia .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; } .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/10px 'Poppins'!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .ambrosia .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

roux

rat bastard
he/him
April 2nd
Kanto idk
demisexual
grunt
awards
17 posts
Anton Belov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anton
Anton Belov
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 18:10:20 GMT
Anton Belov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Every attempt that Calla made to bicker back with him only provoked him further. She had to be aware of that, right? It made him want to vex her all the more. He sipped at the coffee, which had gotten cooler and sweeter somehow. Holding a hand up in mock-retreat. "Wow, calm down, princess. It's okay. You don't need to try and convince me, live your truth."
[break][break]
As if he weren't convinced and fully unknowing that he was there knowing he could elicit some attention. He was the pathetic one, not her. Though it had been a few years in Hoenn now, he couldn't help but still feel like a stranger to it. Somehow in this entirely miserable place, he somehow sought out attention from an ice queen like Calla Roth.
[break][break]
A crooked smile formed at that retort, swallowing up an instant remark that she was still there after all. It would only lend to have her fleeing the scene like a culprit from a crime.
[break][break]
Instead, he plucked up her novel, pretending to read it. "Is this a romance?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ he is a braatt [break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-five
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
matias’ PA / PR rep
ace
awards
349 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 20:54:19 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

Anton was a grubby little gremlin boy. He shouldn’t have gotten under her skin the way he managed. His antics should’ve been like water off a ducklett’s back. And yet there was something about incessantly poking a button that was compelling. It was probably also why she tried her damnedest to return the favor.[break][break]
“I’m not a princess,” she retorted. Totally flat and not at all huffy. Right. Her nose wrinkled in displeasure at his words. “You’d be the last person I’d choose to stalk. Also, what are you, a walking inspirational sign?” Live your truth? Gag. He sounded like one of those canvas prints hanging in some suburban mom’s kitchen.[break][break]
Like: It’s wine o’ clock. Or: Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.[break][break]
All of it trite and hollow. She didn’t want to acknowledge the fact that she was still actively choosing to sit down with him. She should have taken her things and moved to the far corner of the shop where she could have peace. Then again, she was also pretty convinced he’d just follow after her and heckle her some more.[break][break]
Her face reddened, eyes flaring wide. No, it’s not! It’s a literary classic about classism and unity during extreme economic hardship.” How dare he think it a romance novel. No, those stayed at home. Under her bed. Away from nosy ants who would mock her endlessly about it.[break][break]
“Give it back.” She leaned forward across the table, arm stretched as far as she could in an attempt to snag the battered corner.

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

close tab

played by

roux

rat bastard
he/him
April 2nd
Kanto idk
demisexual
grunt
awards
17 posts
Anton Belov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anton
Anton Belov
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 17:48:54 GMT
Anton Belov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

They were like water and fire, or well... more like fire and ice. Everything about was frigid and unapproachable. She was a total stick-in-the-mud and, considering she was there talking to him, he could assume that didn't make her many friends. Then again, he didn't have many friends either, but that was besides the point.
[break][break]
"Sure act like it." He smirked, which morphed into an almost smile. "You're right, I'm stalking you." Just to see how she reacted, which was probably more trouble than the moment of surprise would afford.
[break][break]
"Hey I'm inspirational." That was a far-cry from the truth, considering he was more often than not a source of pessimism. The only thing he inspired was bad choices, so maybe that was in some way an inspiration.
[break][break]
Anton studied the book in hand, memorizing the title. He may need to read it, one day, if he had time that was. "What do you know of economic hardship, princess?" Okay so, maybe he was being a bit of a gate-keeper, so what?
[break][break]
He held his hand up, just out of her reach. "You're so small. Those stumpy little arms." Eventually, he offered it back. Eventually.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ he is a braatt [break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-five
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
matias’ PA / PR rep
ace
awards
349 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 1:48:16 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

Her eyes narrowed, “No, I don’t.” She didn’t think she was very princess-like at all. Small, but not exactly dainty. Not under the surface. It was all a shell, carefully designed to keep others out. Which Anton seemed determined to subvert. Color flushed her face to prove it. “Stop it, you are not.” Her eyes cut away, cheeks puffing as her lips pressed into a thin line. “I’ll call the PD on you if I catch you outside my apartment.”[break][break]
“Hardly.” Calla rolled her eyes. “I don’t think anyone would show up to a TEDtalk if you hosted it.” She didn’t have to be there, barely tolerating his presence. She avoided the thought that she barely had any other friends to call. But that was also fine. She did well to keep to herself more often than not. Uri had been her friend. Look at how well that had gone for her.[break][break]
What do you know of economic hardship, princess?[break][break]
The question made her visibly flinch, and quickly the indignant haughtiness was traded for something genuinely angry. “Okay, first of all—“ she began, standing back up, and moving around the table to stand beside his chair. It only added insult to injury when his effort to hold the book out of reach was still effective. “You don’t know anything about my life before now, and just because I can support myself doesn’t mean I’ve had everything handed to me, jackass.”[beak][break]
It stung, admittedly. There had been something comfortable in the way Uriah had been able to provide things for her without thinking twice about it. Wealth was a staple of his upbringing, and he’d never made her intentionally feel bad for her lacktherof. Her scraping and scrimping on all fronts to keep everything managed.[break][break]
But it had also been a huge difference between them. Calla, despite his kindness, felt it was a bridge she could never quite cross. She’d always felt a bit less for it, no matter how much he’d accepted her. Like she’d never really fit in with the Black family.[break][break]
It went beyond that, though. Who was Anton to assume that she never had to think twice about how she was going to make it to the end of the week with enough funds between herself and her brother to pay all of their utilities? Or decide that just because she looked put together, everything had been fine for her growing up? Calla would have given anything to have even a lower middle-class childhood. Normal. Well-adjusted.[break][break]
Finally, she snatched the book out of his hand. Eyes burning, and face splotchy with redness. Only worsened by the paleness of her complexion. “Whatever. I don’t have to justify myself to you, Ant.” Angrily, she snatched her cup off the table, and whirled on her heels. Leaving her mawile to scramble after her.

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

close tab

played by

roux

rat bastard
he/him
April 2nd
Kanto idk
demisexual
grunt
awards
17 posts
Anton Belov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anton
Anton Belov
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 17:39:11 GMT
Anton Belov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"You think I don't know how to evade the PD?" He grinned at that, though didn't actually know where she lived so it wasn't like he was actually making a threat. Anton had some standards and manners, actually. One of which didn't involve lingering around and haunting locations of girls that could punch him into next week. Or anyone for that matter. An older version of him, desperate and wrung-out, had done a lot of things he wasn't proud of but he was improving himself, somewhat.
[break][break]
Yet not nearly enough, clearly.
[break][break]
Anton didn't make friends and certainly didn't last in anyone's high regard for very long. It was a wonder that Calla had even put up with him for this long, for reasons he couldn't begin to fathom. Up until that point, when he'd gone too far. He knew it almost immediately, maybe even before she realized she was done with him.
[break][break]
Way to fucking go, dipshit. Leave it to him to try and gate-keep hardship. Considering he'd spent most of his hard times high, he probably wasn't the one to preach to the crowd. Anything that might have qualified him was spent under a haze, hiding from pain he couldn't feel so long as he was feeling something else.
[break][break]
An older version of him might have huffed, called her names as she stood up and walked away from him. Dogbreath whimpered, nose dragging across the ground after the mawile. Then regarded him as if he was the problem.
[break][break]
He was the problem.
[break][break]
He sat there, knowing he really needed to get back to work with 's insanely stupid drink. Instead, he forced himself up. "Wait, stop." There he was chasing after his own mistakes, what a little bitch. "I'm sorry, okay?" He said the words as if he were swallowing a mouthful of broken glass. "I'm a dick, are you really that surprised?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ he is a braatt [break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-five
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
matias’ PA / PR rep
ace
awards
349 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 4:54:56 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

“I’m sure you’re perfectly capable of evading the PD…” she huffed, arms folding as her chin tilted up, “but not if I take you out at the knees first.” The corner of her mouth twitched upward as she eyed him. The only indicator that she might have actually been making no more than a joke. Of course, she was fairly certain that Anton was capable of ducking trouble—he had that natural sort of slippery look that spelled trouble.[break][break]
Calla did not stop to evaluate why she was friendly with him when she could deduce that about him.[break][break]
She wasn’t sure where he’d come from, or what he was like before they knew one another. As far as she was concerned, he’d sort of just shown up in her life and then camped out there ever since. Showing up at random moments until their interactions became more regular and almost routine. But that didn’t mean she was cool with him just assuming her own history. Especially when his guess landed so far off base.[break][break]
It stung, quite frankly, and it wrote itself across her expression plainly before she could cover it up with the anger that seeped in too. It was easier to deflect with her temper. But he’d struck too close to a pain point. She’d never tried to disguise her circumstances. She had always simply tried to rise higher with no more than stubborn willpower. She wasn’t forgetful of the dirt her parents had left her and Kieran in. The turmoil of war and the fear of not knowing whether or not they’d make it out.[break][break]
And what right did fucking Ant have to judge her?[break][break]
Her hand gripped her cup too hard. She could feel the hot liquid through the cardboard, searing heat because she wasn’t holding it carefully. If he wanted to insult her by deciding something completely untrue about her, well then he could do that. Cal wasn’t sticking around to humor it.[break][break]
But there was a strange twinge of satisfaction that followed when he scrambled up to follow after her. She didn’t stop her trek, though. Fully expecting him to follow her out the door. She cast him a look back over her shoulder. “Are you?” Cal rolled her eyes. “Yeah, you are.” And then, quieter, she added, “That was low, even for you.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

close tab

played by

roux

rat bastard
he/him
April 2nd
Kanto idk
demisexual
grunt
awards
17 posts
Anton Belov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anton
Anton Belov
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 18:01:53 GMT
Anton Belov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Was she making a joke? The corner of his lip hiked up. "If you can manage that, you're legs are so short." He was definitely going to get kicked in the kneecaps if he kept this up.
[break][break]
Then, of course, he went too far. It wasn't even an uncommon transition even. It was as expected as rain on a cloudy day. Maybe even a welcomed event, then he could with only his own fucked up thoughts to keep him company. That was how he seemed to prefer it. Except that wasn't what happened. He didn't feel relief.
[break][break]
It would have been a lot easier if he hadn't gone after her. There wasn't even an excuse for it, except he felt like shit in the spare second between making up his mind on what to do. It didn't dissipated, irritated when she refused to stop. Clearly she was just being dramatic, but if this was what it took to calm her down then....
[break][break]
SO yeah he followed her outside, dogged.
[break][break]
"Yeah, maybe... I'm here, aren't I?" He held out his hands, the only evidence of his regret being the fact he was there enduring the mockery of having been affected by his own stupid mouth. He looked away from Calla then, hating the pathetic way his stomach twisted up with regret. The needling feeling of shame that didn't belong in someone like him. "Yeah well I guess that's me, always striving to sink lower. I'm practically fucking subterranean now." He sighed, knowing that there was so much comfort in being alone. Yet that hadn't felt very good, even for him. "If you still wanna go, I won't stop you or stalk you... that was a shitty joke too."

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ he is a braatt [break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-five
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
matias’ PA / PR rep
ace
awards
349 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 19:10:02 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

Of course he’d make her regret being playful only minutes later, but for right then, it was okay. “Yeah, so I work doubly hard to meet my mark.” She never wanted anyone’s help. She taught herself how to subvert her shortcomings. Small stature included.[break][break]
Simply put, his kneecaps were toast.[break][break]
It was unfortunate, then, that Ant had to go and ruin it. For once, she wasn’t remaining totally pissed in his presence. But it would’ve been better to stay annoyed than feel the pang of hurt he subjected her to. It was too vulnerable, too under the skin. Calla didn’t’ like that. Didn’t like that he could needle her so pointedly with little effort. And still, he followed.[break][break]
“Dunno why you are,” she retorted, grumbly as violet eyes shifted away. Her brows were still pinched. If she was such a princess, why did he trail after her? No matter how much satisfaction it brought her to realize that he felt the compulsion to do so.[break][break]
Well, he sounded contrite, at least, which wasn’t all that typical for him. The self-degradation, however, was not new. Calla’s determined exit slowed to a stop and she looked at him sidelong. She softened somewhat, but she didn’t relax her posture. Her lips remained pressed in a thin line. “You shouldn’t make claims about a person’s life that you nothing about,” she said, still terse, but her tone had quieted. The anger had seeped out of it.[break][break]
She sighed, long and defeated. Her shoulders sagged slightly in her resignation. Fingers relaxing around her cup, she lifted it and took a sip. Then she jerked her head to the sidewalk ahead of them. “Shut up, Ant. It was, but shut up. C’mon.” Calla definitely wasn’t parading him up to her front door. But he could suffer a walk to the park. There was a ducklet pond she liked sitting at.

[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

close tab

played by

roux

rat bastard
he/him
April 2nd
Kanto idk
demisexual
grunt
awards
17 posts
Anton Belov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anton
Anton Belov
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 19:37:09 GMT
Anton Belov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He wasn't about to give her an explanation about his reasoning because he didn't really know the why behind him standing there and trailing after her. She was a frost queen and sometimes a bit of bitch, but he liked that about her. She was tough on him and didn't let him get away with shit, which should have been an immediate aversion, but it wasn't. Not that he'd admit to it.
[break][break]
So it was probably better off unsaid.
[break][break]
"Yeah, I know." He muttered, looking away. A deep sigh. "If someone did that to me, I'd punch them in the face so... I guess you have the right to if you wanna." It wasn't like he'd stop her. People hit him for even less. At least he didn't blame her for it. It wasn't an elegant resolution, but it was the only way he knew to deal with things, through violence or other unnecessary actions (usually inappropriate and never recommended by your licensed physician).
[break][break]
An eyebrow flicked up, surprised as she kept on walking. For now, Fern's latte could wait. He tucked his hands into his pockets, following alongside. "Where we goin?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ he is a braatt [break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-five
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
matias’ PA / PR rep
ace
awards
349 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
low-life [s]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 23:38:06 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]

If he’d given her any sort of honest answer, Calla probably wouldn’t have known what to do with it. She didn’t anticipate one—or any sort of explanation for that matter. And so she was content to let it hang there between them. Questioning the nature of things, and how they had come to be, would only make her over analyze it.[break][break]
She glanced at him again—a long, withering look. “Oh, yeah? I’ll think about that, then.” And if she chose to sock him in the nose, she wasn’t going to give him warning, or time to brace himself. She’d clock him once his awareness was dimmed, or he was inevitably distracted by all the cute duckletts that lived at the pond.[break][break]
But Calla had been trying to manage her temper better (something that was going poorly.) Or at least, she was attempting to curb it into something that didn’t burn until she felt the need to expel it in some way. Break something just to outlet the energy. She’d lost too many coffee mugs and water glasses lately with the way the region was spiraling into chaos.[break][break]
It all hit too close to home.[break][break]
Shoving off the annoying reminder of her anxieties and latent anger issues, Cal threaded her fingers through her hair before tossing long strands of silvery white over her shoulder. “Ducklett pond.” She sipped from her cup again, and continued to trace the familiar route until they reached the entrance gate of the park. It wasn’t too fancy of a place. A simple stretch of grass surrounded by a fence. Total urban set up for a city like Slateport to point to when their ecological sustainability was called into question.[break][break]
But it wasn’t far from her apartment, either. And sometimes she liked to sit somewhere that wasn’t inside the walls of her home. Or her office. “Run your mouth again, and I’ll push you in,” she warned as the concrete sidewalk gave way to gravel.
[break][break]

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven