she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
snapshot [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 19:47:13 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She was an officer, not a Ranger, but after had mentioned shadowing as something to consider, she had been volunteering free time to various efforts. [break][break]

As war loomed, pokemon were behaving more and more erratically. Many behavior analysts had been studying different groupings of pokemon and even swarms themselves to see how pokemon were channeling the distress. The information was helpful for civilians who needed to know what routes to avoid if they weren't carrying pokemon to defend themselves. [break][break]

For Keiko, it was an opportunity to brush up on her photography skills while learning about Hoenn's wildlife, which was decidedly different from Sinnoh's. She turned to her partner in crime for this assignment. "What kind of photos do you think will be helpful?" A small gathering of dreepy laid ahead of them, curling over each other restlessly.

[break][break] [break](don't mind me snapping photos of petalburg before it gets irreparably destroyed)
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
You say you're a god man, so what I'm the devil herself
awards
207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
snapshot [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 20:07:23 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
"Any kind of photo, really. As many as possible, just as long as they don't become aware of us." Yvaine replies in a hushed tone, watching the Dreepy scuttle and prod one another like a miniature meatpile. It was odd to see this many Dreepy without a Drakloak or Dragapult in sight.

"Any human interaction will distress them further I fear. This particular behavior," The redhead continues, crawling a little bit closer so she can point out the heap of Dreepy and the smallest ones among them, who seem to be even more deadset on worming themselves into the middle of the Dreepy. "Is because there's no Drakloak nearby. Normally the Drakloaks take care of the Dreepy until they become strong enough to fend for themselves. These guys however are too young for any of that, so they seek protection and comfort with the rest of their kin."

The frown in her scarred brow betrays her worry about the situation however. Not that the squirming ghostpile couldn't be left alone, but the parenting ones wouldn't be far off. And that could become the actual problem if they weren't careful.

@
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
snapshot [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 20:16:58 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Quantity over quality was something she could do. [break][break]

"That's really interesting," she quietly replied. "Dragapult are such powerful pokemon that they get compared to legendary ones. I didn't realize their young could be so... prey-like." She wasn't sure how else to put it. The piling behavior was one she hadn't seen outside of bugs, so she readied the camera for a shot. [break][break]

... and the flash went off. [break][break]

This thing had a flash? Her head perked up from the camera, holding her breath. But the pile was moving more erratically and all the dreepy started mewling loud. "Um. I think we've been made."

[break][break] [break]
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
awards
207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
snapshot [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 21:14:35 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
FLASH.

A flash.

Her head turned towards her partner almost comically slow. "You think?"

The Dreepy's mewling only grew louder and louder, prompting Yvaine to scuttle back almost instinctively. "Okay, let's just back up quietly and-" The sentence got cut off by a sharp hiss and a multitude of whispered curses as Yvaine basically yanked Keiko back -and hopefully- out of sight.

What burst out of the thicket behind the Dreepy was far worse than she'd imagined. Three Drakloak and a rather angry-looking mama Dragapult.

"We gotta get out of here, now!" The redhead hissed, already sliding back. "Before she starts throwing her kids." The whoosh of something missing them by a hair's breadth flashed past them.  Yvaine groaned, almost in defeat. "She's shooting the kids."

@

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
snapshot [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 21:34:06 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko flushed at her partner's scrutiny. Then, she followed the dignified reaction with a squawk as Yvaine pulled her out of sight. [break][break]

The dreepy babies had been distress calling their mama. Oh, they were in trouble. The Dragapult's comparison to legendary pokemon was earned. They were fierce, and fast, and - using their children like missiles?[break][break]

"Syl, sand attack!" The Sylveon jumped from Keiko's side and landed harshly, kicking up a blast of sand at the Drakloak's. He then hopped and skipped around to avoid mama Dragapult's ammunition. "Can't outrun these guys, so I guess we're fighting." She was used to high pressure situations, but she usually wasn't the cause of the problem itself. Her ears were burning up as she tried to think of a cohesive approach.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
awards
207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
snapshot [m]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 22:07:56 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
"I guess we are," Pressing her palms against her eyes she groaned anew before hopping back unto her feet, pokéball in hand.

A giant Zoroark appeared beside her, stretching itself to its full length when it laid its eyes upon the Dragapult. "Though I had honestly hoped we didn't have to. Get them away from the Dreepy! Last thing we want is them becoming collateral." Yvaine flicked her hand sideways, and the Zoroark follows suit, moving to the side while growling out its TAUNT.

The Dragapult was up in its face almost instantly, looming over it with a face that screamed it wasn't messing around. "Try to hit it! The Drakloak will follow suit if we get it to focus on us."

@
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
snapshot [m]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 1:08:49 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]"Right!" The Zoroark was brave for facing down such a powerful beast without flinching. It suited Yvaine, though Keiko didn't think that kind of commentary would be appreciated right now. She settled for obeying the instruction. [break][break]

"Give it all you got!" Sylveon huffed and generated a fairy wind. It seemed a gentle breeze at first, but the energy generated in the attack picked up speed as it passed them, hitting a fever pitch as it struck the Dragapult and knocked her off her feet. "That was a good hit," she complimented Sylveon. The dragon rolled over into the ground, leaving the two Drakloak to close in on them. They sought retribution for the mama Dragapult, no doubt. [break][break]

Sylveon looked at the intimidating Drakloak with baby doll eyes to lower the attacking power of the encroaching dragons.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP