Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Forgotten Dreams and Debt Extremes [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 9:35:48 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The sensation that June was experiencing was not the byproduct of her powers. It was the simple result of living a life. It was something that Howard struggled with for a year, and it was one she would eventually come to terms with. Eventually she too would look in the mirror and hate the person she was.

Howard knew that he did. Even now, as he looked into the mirror and saw someone else staring back.

"Because there's someone I have to kill." He thought of . "We shared a dream where we just... talked. You told me about your debt and I told you that I was sorry. Maybe the universe is a fucking asshole, because if you remembered all of this, it'd be a lot easier."

He didn't mention the confession. That could rot in hell.

"If I looked like me, this would be a lot easier. You wouldn't have to look at a stranger."

Maybe that made it easier. She could view him as Admin Fox instead of Howard Slayte. The person that she delivered rocks to could be remembered as a friend instead of a mortal enemy, and this form could take the blame. This could become their new ritual.

"But you don't remember, and I'm not me. I'm your employer, and you will do your job." In the corner, a small satchel glowed malignantly. "You will deliver. Discretely.

His eye lingered on Violet.

"Is it fast?"

BINGO: RITUAL

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
Swallow the Heart and Kill the Senses
awards
525 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 3:28:14 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Howard should consider himself lucky that she did not remember. If she did, then his forbidden desire would never be realized. It would be trampled underneath, left to rot like her after Dad’s death. With the meeting forgotten, he got his second chance at a relationship. One he’d been ready to never have.

Of course, neither of them could possibly know that. Right now, there were more pressing matters to attend to.

Yea, duh, dumbass,” she grumbled. June had done discreetly for the last couple of years. “At least I can remember how we first met. That mask sure as shit wasn’t legal contraband.

When his eye strayed to Violet, it tilted its head and stared back at him. Intense, yet it only held curiosity. Before he could attempt to figure out what it sought to glean, June shoved herself between the two. “It doesn’t matter. Maybe you’re the forgetful one here, cause I think I just threatened you if you spilled about me owning this thing.

Violet leaned over, past her side, and back to staring at Howard. Was it smirking?

Even in a disguise, cause then it’d just be the other faction that knows what’s up,” she said. “Matchstick is plenty fast when you aren’t trying to fucking kill her, and I’ve got a motorcycle and the knowledge to drive circles around the competition.

She didn’t need to prove her speed. There was an entire review page with FOUR whole reviews about her excellent delivery times. And she hadn’t been arrested for her other illicit activities yet.

And you are still you, asshole,” she crossed her arms and sighed. Her eyes closed, still oblivious to the satchel. “Just ‘cause your outside looks different doesn’t mean your insides are any less awful. Or your insistence of being sorry any less annoying.

Violet's eyes flickered to the satchel.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 8:58:01 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He ground his teeth. This was unfathomably frustrating.

"Fuck off. I'm trying, okay? You try explaining all this to an amnesiac with electric powers and try not getting fried. And as for saying sorry? Guess what? I'm going to keep apologizing." The admin put a hand on his hip and gave June an annoyed glare. "Deal with it."

Maybe it was Violet's smirking, maybe it was June kicking him around, but this conversation was simply infuriating. It was like a puzzle that he only had half of the pieces too, and the other half were in an entirely different language on another planet.

Ultimately, it's her insistence that he's still him that causes Howard to look her in the eye.

"Keep my secret and I'll keep yours."

Hopefully that's something she could respect. June always struck Howard as someone willing to throw hands before thinking about if the person she was fighting deserved it or not. In Howard's case, it was deserved. Hopefully she'd appreciate him throwing it back.

"Dynite Ore. Wishing Stars. We need them for send to certain agents in Slateport for research. Deliver them and avoid getting arrested. Easy-peasy, but I'm out of good help right now." Howard coughed into a fist. "You'll get paid on completion."

This felt familiar to when he had first started in Rocket. The deja vu annoyed him.

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
Swallow the Heart and Kill the Senses
awards
525 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 0:40:01 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June raised an eyebrow at him, yet let the thought die in her throat. She didn’t know what secret he meant, but that just meant she’d keep it really well. “Fine. Whatever it is, I won't tell.

Immediate crisis averted. And based on both of their moods, she knew deep down that this conversation was nearing its end. Just looking at him made her blood pressure spike. She couldn’t get the thought of Matchstick’s broken body out of her mind. All because of him.

Would it ever leave her alone? Probably not. Just a thing of leather she’d chew and stew on for the next few months. Maybe years. Who knew. Focus on the job description. Dynamite ore? Wishing stars? Sounded like stuff you found in the earth.

Better not have to dig it out myself– I’m not doing it, so don’t get any ideas,” she said. Did she tell him about her claustrophobia in the ‘hospital room’ too?

So, that it? Anything else you want me to do, since it sounds like you’re such a busy guy?” Her arms dropped to her side. A few arcs of yellow-white danced from her fingers to Violet. No need to hide their connection at this point. “Want me to try and unelectrify you? Hear that’s real good for the heart.

Violet chuckled. It sounded robotic, metallic. Like a cheese grater set in front of an industrial fan, whatever that sounded like.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 3:31:36 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"If I wanted to kill myself, there are far better ways to go. Keep your electricity." Maybe Shred was right, and simply indulging in vices until one's heart gave out was the best way to handle living in a world where there were those chosen by providence. "You couldn't even shoot me in Ultra Plant, June."

He met her gaze. A magenta eye met heterochromatic pupils. When had her eyes changed color? What point was there to that, besides painting a giant target on her back?

Maybe she just wanted to pick a fight.

"I dig it out. I hired a courier, not a miner. It's not the kind of stuff you can just pluck off the ground, either. Don't take it out of the bag. It's bad for your health. It knocked me off my ass for a month."

He turned away, clearly done with the conversation. He picked up the satchel and tossed it to her. Even if it hit the ground, the satchel would not open.

"I'll have other jobs for you, and you'll still get to deliver my various fossils and whatnot. It'll be like old times, except you can hate my guts." Regirock disappeared into a Pokeball, and Howard slowly walked towards the exit. He stopped by the door.

I wish you could remember how it felt when Matchstick got out of her cast. She was free."

The door slammed shut.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,449 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 0:45:59 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven