Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,071 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Where it Began
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2024 9:01:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The man stood at the memorial alone, a piece of stone erected by to honor those who had died in Dewford's defense when Eternatus had stirred beneath her sandy shores and tranquil waters. It had been placed in a corner of the small town, where it would not dour the mood of its surviving inhabitants.

It was taller, now.

More names were on it.

Names he had added.

There was no need to count, he knew how many were there.

Nineteen. That was how many people Howard Slayte had killed in his deluded folly when he had attempted to inject a mechanical deity with the heart of true divinity. Regice had acclimated, but not before claiming nineteen lives. It seemed so few, in exchange for absolute power. Yet they had not needed to die.

It was the meaningless nature of it.

"Pardon." Howard walked past a young woman, content that his new face and body would hide him from all but the sheriff. "Excuse me."

She seemed familiar as he left a bouquet of flowers that had picked out at the foot of the monument.

close tab

played by

Snowfall

Roze, Rosie
she/her
March 28
Hulbury, Galar
:)
Researcher
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
I would give anything, just to thank you.
awards
117 posts
Roze Falkner DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roze
Roze Falkner
Where it Began
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 12:31:56 GMT
Roze Falkner Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Niramit:400,400i,700][googlefont=Dosis:300]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #333333; width: 475px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #7c5d83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/2vEhptf.png'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #4d466d; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #c8a7c4; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #4d466d; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #4d466d; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #4d466d; text-align: center; color: #c8a7c4; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #333333; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a:hover"]color: #8D92A6 !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#333333,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #333333; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #9da1af; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #ab637c; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #c888a2; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 13px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a:hover"]color: #989EB3;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkisavelight]
[attr=class,punkisavelightimage]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttags]

[attr=class,punkisavelightlyrics]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttopslant]

I stumble many times,
[break]I might just get hurt,
[attr=class,punkisavelightbottomslant]
[attr=class,punkisavelightseparator]

[attr=class,punkisavelighttext]

Roze had found herself visiting the very same memorial, an event that had come to pass before she'd even been in the region, yet, one of the very events that had paved Roze's path and choice, after all, the damage done to Dewford was devastating, and the conservationist had yearned to try to be a part of the people who helped restore the island to its former beauty. Yet Roze had never really approached this memorial til now, she'd had just as much passion for people as she did pokémon, yet, she'd always found interacting with pokémon a far easier task than doing so with people. Bearing flowers for names she hadn't recognised.[break][break]

Since the passing of the events that had transpired in Petalburg, a lot had changed for Roze, her arm had healed yet, she now had to deal with recuperating from the toxins that had entered her body as she'd made her escape with , another thing that would ideally pass with time, yet for now she'd felt rather sluggish and tired, relying on her pokémon's aid for even the more menial things like travelling. Her Altaria had insisted on refusing to stay in her ball, accompanying the Trainer at all times, if only to support her, helping her walk, assuring she doesn't trip or collapse, and offering her own downy fluff to help Roze rest.[break][break]

Another important change for Roze had been her decision to push forward past her weakness. Her battle against the Lost and Registeel, followed by her battle against Fox and his frozen titan... and finding out yet another one of these mysterious titans had wrought destruction upon Petalburg—now the den of the terrorists that had slaughtered so many innocents within its ground? Every single time, she'd been powerless, every single time she was either a burden or a casualty who couldn't keep up.[break][break]

There was so much Roze would need to learn and do, and she couldn't take her time anymore, she'd felt. As gentle a soul as the flower-adorned young woman was, it was that very gentleness, her kindness that spurred her to get stronger now, such that she can protect those she wishes to, such that anyone she does recognise doesn't end up a part of the cold list before her. She'd paused for a moment, was this why? She just couldn't understand something, why one man would go to such devastating lengths, to tear himself apart over and over again, what goal could possibly be enough of a reason to hurt himself over and over again? Was she really any different to ? Was this how he'd felt in the infancy of his madness and hubris? She'd hoped not. If it were, she'd prayed she could learn from the archaeologist's mistakes.[break][break]

She'd prayed further that there was still a friend she could save.[break][break]

As she'd stepped closer, a slight brush against a stranger had caused her to take a step back, an awkward yet jovial chuckle escaping her as she'd followed suit, "I beg your pardon, I was in your way, really," she'd commented, yet... "I do apologise but, do I know... you?" she'd asked, something had felt familiar about the man. She'd looked at the man with eyes that showed her curiosity mixed with tired hope. It seemed the last few months had had quite a toll on Roze's strength.

[break]

[attr=class,punkisavelightsecondarylyrics]

But I keep on running.
[attr=class,punkisavelightcredit]template by punki
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,071 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Where it Began
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 19:45:11 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Every other person in this region is broken. Those who remained were simply cobbled together from pieces that they didn't know existed in the depths of their character.

Every person had a breaking point. Every person would eventually reach it. The true measure was how they pulled themselves back together again. Admin Fox had fallen apart into a pile of shattered glass, and Howard had pieced himself together again. That was the curse of carrying the weight of the world.

Yet as he looked at this woman and her sapphire, he remembered a flicker of a promise, a vow to preserve rather than maim. One he still intended to keep, even if the world branded him as a destroyer.

"I-" His eye widened as he stared at Roze. His face paled as he gave her a long look, recognizing her. He had fought this woman for no other reason than that she had once stood on the other side of the battlefield. "No, you don't."

His voice betrayed him, and memories of captivity did not fade silently into the night. She would not forget Petalburg. He would not forget the war. Yet he saw this woman marred by war and felt something he hadn't felt since seeing Eris again: shame.

"I'm sorry. I must be going. Enjoy paying respect to yesterday." He started walking past her.

Yesterday.

BINGO: SAPPHIRE
close tab

played by

Snowfall

Roze, Rosie
she/her
March 28
Hulbury, Galar
Researcher
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
117 posts
Roze Falkner DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roze
Roze Falkner
Where it Began
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 7:02:48 GMT
Roze Falkner Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #333333; width: 475px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #7c5d83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/2vEhptf.png'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #4d466d; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #c8a7c4; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #4d466d; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #4d466d; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #4d466d; text-align: center; color: #c8a7c4; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #333333; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#333333,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #333333; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #9da1af; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #ab637c; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #c888a2; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 13px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]

I stumble many times,

Whilst she still couldn't quite put her finger on it, something about this stranger seemed familiar, or at least, the look in his eye. There was melancholy about the man, he seemed... weary, wearier than Roze herself had felt despite the physical nature of the toxins running their course through her own body, as if he'd bore witness to a lifetime of suffering already.[break][break]

She'd reached out to the man, long before she herself had realised it, a slight pinch against his clothes, a faint tug, a connection that'd break with the slightest resistance, "actually, if you wouldn't mind it," she'd pushed a smile. Her initial feeling had been some sort of pity for the man, mistaking his recognition for her as him simply being sick, tired, weakening, yet the moment she'd had a slight grip on the man's sleeve, she'd... felt alone.[break][break]

It was on odd feeling, a sudden realisation. Beyond her pokémon, bless them for staying by her, Roze had nobody. Her family back in Galar, she didn't have anyone she could rely on by herself. She'd almost choked on her words, heat welling up in the back of her throat, drying it such that the words themselves had been strangled. She'd coughed to clear her throat, "apologies, ahaha," she'd added further, "If you wouldn't mind, I'd... like to know a little more about what happened, maybe over a cup of coffee?" she'd offered with a smile, "Roze Falkner, I'd be happy to be your acquaintance," she'd greeted, finally letting go of the man's sleeve after realising how rude she might have seemed, an awkward chuckle escaping her.[break][break]

She didn't know the man, not his circumstances, nor his life, yet... beyond a handful of acquaintances, she had nothing here in Hoenn, no knowledge, yet she'd so proudly and impulsively believed she could make a difference. She'd wanted a new step, a step in the right direction, she wasn't doing this all by herself. Knowing of the lives affected would be her first step forward.

[break]

But I keep on running.
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,071 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Where it Began
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 9:55:31 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
There existed a human concept known as 'empathy'. Another term for that was weakness. The human capacity to care for another was mankind's greatest accomplishment. It constructed a sense of community and kinship that had given birth to empires that had echoed from dawn into dusk.

"You..."

But it also led to critical mistakes. The admin suspected that this was one of them. Words worked around in his mind. There were a dozen things that he could tell Roze Falkner after he had almost gotten her killed on a battlefield neither of them had wanted to see. He could tell her his name. He could bid her farewell. He could simply walk away.

Or he could be a fool, and he could accept an offer that he had given her months ago.

"You're strange. Who asks a random person for coffee? There's still nothing to do in Dewford, huh?" He turned to face it. "Such a small town, and yet so important. I was simply paying my respect to Dewford's heroes."

He chuckled and shook his head. She should know him. She had to know him. They had watched Registeel destroy a desert together. She had fought him. She had escaped Petalburg.

Yet...

"All right." He finally said, surprised at the answer. "Let's go get some coffee. I know a place."

This was a foolish decision.

close tab

played by

Snowfall

Roze, Rosie
she/her
March 28
Hulbury, Galar
Researcher
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
117 posts
Roze Falkner DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roze
Roze Falkner
Where it Began
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 10:47:32 GMT
Roze Falkner Avatar
[nospaces]

I stumble many times,

She'd blinked a couple times upon being called strange, it was rather clear she hadn't expected it, she'd cocked her head slightly, thinking about it, furrowing her brow as she'd mulled it over, only for enlightenment to be rather clear on her face; "Huh, that is rather strange, isn't it?" she'd chuckled, covering her mouth with her hand. She'd noticed that the man hadn't introduced himself, though hadn't quite minded it, she was a strange stranger after all.[break][break]

"Is it really that small a place?" she'd taken a glance of their surroundings, the town was certainly smaller than her hometown in Galar, yet, she still hadn't quite explored the island town yet, "I'm sure there's plenty to discover and explore in such a beautiful town like this," Roze had beamed.[break][break]

She'd let the stranger lead the way, unaware of the man's past, unaware of who he really was, unaware of the hope she'd had for him. Yet, she'd hoped to learn more of this town, and of the pain that seemed to mar the stranger's visage, the sadness that seemed to have encompassed him before. The sadness that he seemed to be trying to hide. Roze'd felt she'd messed up her first friendship since she'd moved here, there'd still been hope in her heart, this very same hope that had made her wonder if she could have done something else—something more—to help her first friend in Hoenn.[break][break]

She'd had to forget about that for now, she wanted to focus on learning things, improving herself, and if she could perhaps make the stranger in front of her have a brighter day, that felt like an accomplishment she could manage this time around.

[break]

But I keep on running.
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,071 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Where it Began
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 7:20:28 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
His name? Irrelevant. It'd end up being a lie. What sort of historian spread nothing but deception instead of elucidation?

A poor one.

Yet he didn't necessarily need to be a historian right now. As is, he was just a civilian. Someone wandering Dewford in an attempt to find some semblance of meaning after a struggle to take a city. He should've been there, rebuilding it. It had been destroyed because he had been slow in seizing Regirock.

It was tiring, being reminded of failure. Yet if that was the case, why had he come back here?

"Small town, big island. There's a lot to explore, and a lot to protect." For a moment, his eye flicked to the forested hills where he suspected Terrakion sat hidden. Eddie had not confirmed it, but a flicker of his gaze had. "Arceus knows it needs that."

He wondered if the Sword of Justice was watching and waiting.

Eventually, they get coffee and sit at an open table. The admin frowned at his drink, before looking out at Dewford's horizon, where Granite Cave once stood.

"Have you been to the cave? What remains of it, anyway?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven