awards
3,163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2024 21:16:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they have to restrain her that first night. dreams of watery chains and a pink mist choking her throat had her waking in a fit and before she could remember where she was, the winds had done excessive damage to the interior. her pride wouldn't let her apologize - because to do so would admit she could not handle the nightmares, and thus the burden - but she did not put up a fight when it was suggested she wear her sygna suit. 

rayquaza's presence lingers in her mind, but aeris lay draped in an armchair, snoozing while powering freya's suit to keep her abilities at bay. 

scales shed slowly, bleeding sometimes when she picks at them, and all that come off are collected in a bowl for further study. they'll be shipped to aqua and dealt with by or , surely. some of the scales are stubborn and they're wrapped in gauze on her forearm. cooling salves are under the ones on her eyes. they rub uncomfortably against her skin.

her bones are...okay. they ache. they hurt. but all the x-rays come back normal. mobility and flexibility tests are fine; she can touch her thumb to all of her fingers. she can stretch to reach her toes.

like the rest of the changes, she'd thought the horns would revert too, but the x-rays told another story. they're connected to her skull. and despite everything else that happened - her pact, her compromise, her loss - this is why she hasn't gone home to see her husband.

'councilwoman, someone's here to see you. he claims - sir! you can't just walk in here, sir.'
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
528 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 18:25:48 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","zygarde-temp"]
[attr="class","zygarde-icon"]
"The hell I can't!" Roy snapped at one of the councilwoman's assistants. Normally, he'd barge in without a word, but today was different. His eyes darted back to his cousin, taking in every bruise and bandage that marked her body. Guilt gnawed at him, but he refused to see Freya as a victim. Instead, his struggle was with himself, haunted by his failure to save her as had held him beneath the waters.

"The horns are a nice touch," he quipped, trying to lighten the heavy air between them.

As Roy moved closer, it became clear they weren't alone. An emerald leash wrapped around his forearm, echoing the bandages on Freya's. The green fabric extended from the Draconid to a canine-like creature at his side. Covered in hexagons, the creature mirrored Roy's emotions, its gaze reflecting the turmoil within him.

"How are you doing?" Roy's voice softened, the weight of everything they’d been through settling in.

[attr="class","zygarde-notes"]⬢ bingo word: emerald

[attr="class","zygarde-tag"]

[attr="class","zygarde-pkmn"]

[attr="class","zygarde-hexagon0"]
[attr="class","zygarde-hexagon1"]
[attr="class","zygarde-hexagon2"]
[attr="class","zygarde-hexagon3"]

[googlefont=Lato][googlefont=Karla]
[newclass="body"]background: #303030; margin: 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-temp"]width: 400px; padding: 50px; background-color: #2b2b2b; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/JXrWo8C.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; box-sizing: border-box; box-shadow: 0 5px 5px #00000010; margin: auto; color: #aaa; text-align: justify; font: 12px Lato; letter-spacing: 0.5px; text-transform: lowercase; padding-bottom: 100px; position: relative; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-temp a"]font: 12px Lato !important; color:#aaa !important; letter-spacing: 0.5px !important; text-transform: lowercase !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-tag"]text-align: center; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans !important; color:#9dc354 !important; line-height: 10px !important; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-tag a"]font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans !important; color:#9dc354 !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; letter-spacing: 1px !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-temp u"]text-decoration-color: #9dc354;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-temp b"]font: 12px Karla; color: #9dc354;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-notes"]font-size: 10px; padding: 0px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-dice"]text-align: center; display: flex; justify-content: center; gap: 0px; line-height: 41px !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-dice .vdice-box"]height: 41px; width: 41px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/y3ov0yL.png"); margin-bottom: -12px; border: none; box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; padding-top: 9px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-dice .vdice-value"]border: none; background: none; color: #2b2b2b; font-size: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-pkmn"]text-align: center; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center; gap: 10px; margin-top: -12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-pkmn img"]height: 56px; width: 68px; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-pkmn div"]height: 30px; width: 40px; filter: grayscale(1); opacity: 0.8; transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-pkmn div:hover"]filter: grayscale(0); opacity: 0.8; transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-icon"]width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 15px 0px 0px; border: 1px solid #aaa; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-icon img"]width: 120px; height: 120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-hexagon0, .zygarde-hexagon1, .zygarde-hexagon2, .zygarde-hexagon3"]height: 41px; width: 41px; background: url("https://i.imgur.com/y3ov0yL.png"); position: absolute; opacity: 0; animation: zygarde-fade 10s infinite;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-hexagon0"]left: 26px; bottom: 9px; animation-delay: 0s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-hexagon1"]left: 161px; bottom: -24px; animation-delay: 2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-hexagon2"]right: 63px; bottom: 9px; animation-delay: 5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-hexagon3"]right: 6px; bottom: -24px; animation-delay: 7s;[/newclass]
[newclass="nullelem"]} @keyframes zygarde-fade { 0%, 20%, 80%, 100% { opacity: 0; } 40%, 60% { opacity: 1; } [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 18:59:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya sits up and one disheveled medical assistant follows red-faced behind roy, starting to sputter apologies. she waves them off, assures them it's fine, he really is family. a small part of her does want to demand he leave, to turn away, to let her hide from the world for a few hours longer. 

but the walls are a sterile white, and the light is bright, and there is no hiding the changes to her body.

her lip curls and she resists the self-conscious urge to touch them, but that slides away to get replaced by a startled confusion at his companion. memories flicker and all the itching parts of her skin feel as though they're rotting, eaten through by a pestilence from another battlefield. 

the battlefield where she saw that creature last. 

"did you...why do you have fernando's zygarde?" she asks, ignoring his question in lieu of her own. confusion turns quickly to panic when she sees the leash, the chain, around his wrist. anxiety eviscerates rational thought. 

"are you okay? it's not...he hasn't hurt you, has he?"
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
528 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 19:01:50 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
"Fernando?" Roy's voice was edged with surprise, his fist pulling the leash closer to his face. Then he glanced down, gripping the green leash tighter in his palm before looking at the canine beside him. "Who the hell is Fernando?"

Despite knowing of the man through various channels, they had never been formally introduced. Names, it seemed, weren’t part of their connection.

Roy let out a breath and sank into a nearby chair, feeling his tense muscles finally ease as he settled in. His companion, the hexagon-patterned anomaly, calmly padded over and curled up just a few inches away.

"This thing?" He lifted the leash again, his arm draping lazily over the chair's side. "We're still figuring it out. Wait 'til you hear where I found it." He let his arm drop once more, the weight of it sinking against the chair.

"But right now, that's not why I'm here." His tone shifted, eyes narrowing with concern. "I'm here for you. Are you okay?"

[attr="class","zygarde-notes"]⬢ bingo word: anomaly

[newclass=".zygarde-temp"]width: 400px; padding: 50px; background-color: #2b2b2b; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/JXrWo8C.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; box-sizing: border-box; box-shadow: 0 5px 5px #00000010; margin: auto; color: #aaa; text-align: justify; font: 12px Lato; letter-spacing: 0.5px; text-transform: lowercase; padding-bottom: 100px; position: relative; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-temp a"]font: 12px Lato !important; color:#aaa !important; letter-spacing: 0.5px !important; text-transform: lowercase !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-tag"]text-align: center; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans !important; color:#9dc354 !important; line-height: 10px !important; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-tag a"]font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans !important; color:#9dc354 !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; letter-spacing: 1px !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-dice"]text-align: center; display: flex; justify-content: center; gap: 0px; line-height: 41px !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-dice .vdice-box"]height: 41px; width: 41px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/y3ov0yL.png"); margin-bottom: -12px; border: none; box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; padding-top: 9px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-dice .vdice-value"]border: none; background: none; color: #2b2b2b; font-size: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-pkmn"]text-align: center; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center; gap: 10px; margin-top: -12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-pkmn img"]height: 56px; width: 68px; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-pkmn div"]height: 30px; width: 40px; filter: grayscale(1); opacity: 0.8; transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-pkmn div:hover"]filter: grayscale(0); opacity: 0.8; transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-icon"]width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 15px 0px 0px; border: 1px solid #aaa; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-hexagon0, .zygarde-hexagon1, .zygarde-hexagon2, .zygarde-hexagon3"]height: 41px; width: 41px; background: url("https://i.imgur.com/y3ov0yL.png"); position: absolute; opacity: 0; animation: zygarde-fade 10s infinite;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-hexagon0"]left: 26px; bottom: 9px; animation-delay: 0s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-hexagon1"]left: 161px; bottom: -24px; animation-delay: 2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-hexagon2"]right: 63px; bottom: 9px; animation-delay: 5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zygarde-hexagon3"]right: 6px; bottom: -24px; animation-delay: 7s;[/newclass]
[newclass="nullelem"]} @keyframes zygarde-fade { 0%, 20%, 80%, 100% { opacity: 0; } 40%, 60% { opacity: 1; } [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 19:42:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she's thankful there's no need for a heart rate monitor, lest it betray the jackhammer rhythm in her chest. his confusion does not ease her anxiety until he asks who the hell fernando is in the first place, and only after making herself take a couple of breaths does she accept that he's fine

not pacted. not chained. not shackled. 

her palm itches. he sinks into the chair and stubbornly veers the conversation back to her; she looks away, tongue in her cheek. slightly too-sharp teeth press into the cartilage. 

"we lost," she says when she finds her voice, words flat. frustration seethes inside of her; it hasn't left since the press of her palm. she's like a caged animal, thrown behind salt-drenched bars. at the end of the world, all of her progress shining brilliantly at her back, and none of it mattered. now she's left pacing until she bleeds, and until that blood can slake the titan's thirst. 

"but the dragon has returned to its snow-white lair." she says bitterly, touching the side of one curved black horn. "our lineage is more powerful than we thought." for better or worse. 
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
528 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 20:33:41 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
Roy struggled to find the words. In many ways, Freya was righ; they had lost. The memory of her being swallowed up, his own brush with death, and the reveal of ’s identity still gnawed at him. Those wounds ran deeper than the scars etched into his arms and back. The weight of the war had crushed him, and it brought a painful shame that he couldn’t pull his cousin from the downward spiral she seemed trapped in. Her new responsibilities had consumed her, and he felt powerless to help.

The soft whine and pant of his Zygarde broke through his thoughts, bringing him back before Freya could continue.

Roy’s gaze drifted to the horns on Freya's head as she absently rubbed one with her fingers. He was curious about her new powers, about what had changed in her, but he didn’t want to dig deeper into the wounds the war had already left behind.

"It is," Roy finally responded, acknowledging her point. "I found this in a place much like that." He gestured to the leash in his hand, lifting it slightly as he spoke. His mind wandered back to the ancient Draconid ruins he had discovered on his way to Sootopolis, swallowed by the relentless seas on the day of the battle.

[attr="class","zygarde-notes"]⬢ bingo word: war

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2024 6:34:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she sits up, wincing at aching ribs, and gets a better look at roy's companion. fernando's never seemed so connected to him (quite literally, considering the leash), but she doesn't exactly find that surprising. not many of his pokemon have inexplicably deep bonds with him.

uncover the stones. reclaim your birthright. her mother's parting words. no i love yous or take cares, but a mission. a purpose. the pain of that has lessened with every stride through an alternate version of herself. she'd thought them words from a woman who only wanted to see her daughter take back their home, but maybe there's more to it than that.  

curiosity makes her forget the weight on her shoulders and her expression is slightly more enthusiastic now when she asks, "draconid? where?"
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
528 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 19:56:56 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
"Somewhere off the coast of Sootopolis," Roy began, his voice low and reflective.

He couldn’t quite pinpoint the exact spot. His mind flashed with images of his comrades’ faces, the chaos before they were swallowed by the warzone. The relentless sea had likely claimed the ruins by now, along with whatever secrets were buried beneath the waves. It was just another casualty of Kyogre’s wrath.

"It was definitely Draconid," he continued, a sigh escaping as he leaned forward, bracing his elbows on his knees. His gaze shifted to his canine companion, its hexagonal eyes staring back with a knowing look.

"It started as a relic," he explained, recalling the strange sequence of events. "Right out of some ancient pedestal, y'know, something you'd expect to find in a place like that. When I pulled it free, the walls started to move. Little pokemon started pouring out of the cracks." His voice grew more intense, as if reliving the moment. "The ruins had inscriptions that practically told me what to do next. So, I absorbed them with the relic."

He nodded toward the Zygarde beside him, a subtle but powerful presence at his side.

"This is what happened next," he finished, leaning back into the chair with a faint smile. It wasn’t just a relic he found; it was something far more ancient and alive. Something that reminded him of the stories their grandmother used to tell, yet Roy found it difficult to celebrate.

[attr="class","zygarde-notes"]⬢ bingo word: celebrate

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 20:23:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

off the coast of sootopolis. she perks up at this and a glimmer of her old warmth returns. she'll have to tell and . maybe even , though the archaeologist has assured her numerous times, and in not so many words, that he'd rather avoid working with the crown prince outside of their colleagueship. 

it's strange, watching the back and forth between roy and the canid at his side. not in a bad way; in a way that reminds her of her bond with lyune - intrinsically deep, as though he's part of her at the molecular level. 

"will you take me there?" she asks. "not now, obviously."

she reaches for her plastic cup of water and swallows back the fire in her sore throat. "wait, did this happen at the warfront?" he would have told her sooner if it had, right? and she'd seen him fighting by her side at sootopolis, the canid beside him. 

"thank you, by the way. for having my back. and for making it out alive."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
528 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 21:14:02 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
"I can try," Roy replied, his voice hesitant. "But I’m not sure I’ll be able to find it again. Kyogre's destruction did a number on most of the islands around Sootopolis."

As Freya stared into her cup, Roy shifted his attention to his Zygarde, then back to her once she spoke again.

"Yeah, it did," he muttered, adjusting his posture as if to shake off the weight of the memories. "I guess war has its spoils."

Her next words hit him harder than he expected, a sting that cut deeper than the wounds on his body. He had tried to protect her, tried to do more, but the truth was, he’d spent most of the battle just trying to stay alive. The image of her being swallowed by the leviathan resurfaced, and he clenched his jaw until the vision faded.

"I didn’t," Roy admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "I didn’t have your back like I should’ve. I wish I could’ve done more."

The words spilled out, raw and unfiltered, like a dam breaking under the weight of all the guilt he’d been carrying.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
in the wake of war
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 16:58:08 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she deflates and what hope they'd managed to salvage in the wake of sootopolis' near destruction is gone in an instant. a sigh sinks her deeper into the hospital bed's sheets and frustration has her scratching at her arm without thinking. scales thrum, warm and golden, around the puckered sores on her skin, but the gauze stops her from reopening the wounds.

"it does indeed." a living piece of history uncovered, wrapped around his wrist. a city broken, a city saved.

she blinks in the face of his brutal honesty and an awkward heat rises to her cheeks. friends and found family are still a new concept to her, but her own flesh and blood is another thing entirely. 

"rayquaza always meant to let it take me," she says. "there is nothing you or i could have done."

it's what she tried to tell him that day in the cave. it's why she did not see their pact as a blessing or a gift, but as a curse, and part of her still clings to that resentment - because of what was done to her, and the scars that have long healed but still twinge with echoes of pain. but after her conversation with walsh, of all people, she's learned that perhaps the gods are as strangled by fate as the citizens of hoenn. 

"i need you now too. i need you to help me rebuild my city. protect my people."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven