Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
Violet Fairbanks
Dating
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
Interrogation and Integration
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 3:02:46 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

Interrogation and Integration.

Solo_Actor's_Denouement.

It was a strange feeling to sit at the other end of the table for once in her life. Elaine Highland had seen it time and time again. The way people squirmed as someone who was far too competent at extracting information from an unwilling person worked their way into someone's psyche.

It was never something she had truly been comfortable with. It was necessary. There were far too many times where that stressful line of questioning led to breakthroughs. Dignity trampled for lives saved. That was a reality she could never truly take pleasure in, but one she had accepted nonetheless.

And there she was, sitting on the other end of the table.

She was hardly chained to the table like the suspects she had seen in one of these rooms. Her Pokemon as well as anything that could be used as a weapon or for communications were confiscated (temporarily).

All she had left were the clothes on her back.

"Haaa..."

She had free reign to get up, stretch her arms, and even walk around to wherever she wanted within the confines of the dark room with the one-way window.

So, she sighed. Even if there was likely nothing to worry about, her heart still beat like a drum as she ran her fingertips across the edge of the mahogany table (one that somehow matched the rest of the room).

"This really was the price I paid for being so bold, huh."

It was the inevitable conclusion of her actions. To force her way, she had ended up baring herself before another far stronger than her. An opportunity she absolutely could not let up in that moment after the hellish battle.

The waters had receded. The cover of clouds had fallen apart as rays of the light peeked through the curtain.

Atop a jutting rock sat Elaine, holding up the enclosed fist with microSD hidden within. Though she looked initially at the horizon, her eyes drifted towards the chairwoman who she had called out to as she had been walking past.

"A roster and a list. Some Rockets killed innocents to get their hands on something like this. Feels a bit trivial in the grand scheme of things, but perhaps you guys wanted this back. Something like this doesn't suit my hands in the end."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,898 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 9:28:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","fas fa-fire"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Mottled with color, Penelope's face was a canvas of physical pain. Red scratched her cheeks, and dips of purple kissed her eye, as bruises were beginning to blossom.[Break][break]

There was no question to her dedication, or her loss. She bled for sootopolis. The damned city that was better at the bottom of the ocean than a child of divorce.
[Break][break]
But, when she heard those words from the woman, that pain became mute. Silenced by one crank of the knob.
[Break][break]
"I didn't expect a surprise like this. "
[Break][break]
She eyed the flash drive warily, then glanced up at the woman, her eyes an enigmatic shine.
[Break][break]
"now, who do I thank for this?"

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".angel"]--accent:#A54339; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
Violet Fairbanks
Dating
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 4:20:34 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

Interrogation and Integration.

Solo_Actor's_Denouement.

Elaine was truly grateful. The act of even reaching out to someone as high up as a councilwoman was something she had never expected to even do. Being able to get her attention especially in the aftermath of the war was also its own level of insanity.

But she had done it right then. War had taken its toll on everything around her and though it had come to its end, it was hardly like everyone else would let their guards down with the embers dying down. But she had grabbed the chairwoman's attention. Even if only just for a short time.

"The scientist who had passed it on to me passed away without even giving away his name." She looked at the fist enclosing the fragile piece of hardware. "But he did so, believing that doing so was his service to the League. I'm merely someone who is passing it on to a person who I deem to be uncompromised."

At the end of the ravages of war, she could tell a few things. People had their own agendas. So, she could not pass that piece of intelligence onto anyone.

She had to be judicious.

That was why she had chosen the woman standing before her.

"So, the only name I can give is my own. Elaine Highland, Detective. I bear a proposal."

He had given his all to make sure he backed it up and encrypted it. There was a good chance that the League and the Space Center no longer had the information that was in the palm of her hand.

"For the intel contained in this as well as its encryption key, I would like to make a request."

Tags:
BINGO: WAR
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB