Aria

Eve, Snake Eyes
She/Her
October 12
Sootopolis
Money
Scientist
Grunt
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
55 posts
part of
TAG WITH @evelyn
Evelyn Vespera
The Border - RE
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 17:54:26 GMT
Evelyn Vespera Avatar
Prompts:
04 examine the broken seal to the west, found in the middle of a jubokko tree.[break]

07 offer coins to the gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river. [break]

08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.[break]

14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini.[break]

10 become possessed by a spirit attempting to return to life.[break]

16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base.[break]

[nospaces]

[attr="class","rizzy snakeeyes"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","postbody"]
        Evelyn never thought this was possible being able to see come the border but now she was here. It was naturally to make the most of it. Carefully, she wrote down her notes, mindful to avoid trouble as she got closer to the broken seal. It felt odd, especially being in the middle of a jubokko tree. She didn't dare get too close; a tree like that was known to kill people, and she wasn’t about to take any chances.

[break][break]

Even her Gastly wouldn’t let her approach. The Ghost-type seemed to have an affinity for this place, which made sense. The border between life and death at war, much like the League and Team Rocket. Many wouldn't accept their death or cling to death. It was interesting to say the least. Arsenia let out a small cry noticing someone else was here that snapped the girl out of her thoughts. "And what might you being doing here, Miss?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
           [break]

• i hope this okay - examine the broken seal to the west, found in the middle of a jubokko tree.[break]
[break]Bingo - war[break]

[attr="class","bannercolor"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".snakeeyes"]--accent: #b374c9!important; --headercolor: #b374c9!important; [/newclas]
[newclass=".rizzy"]--accent: #b374c9; --headercolor: #b374c9;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy"]width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:15px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy b"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy i"]opacity:0.8; letter-spacing:0.5px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:solid underline #444; text-underline-offset:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .inner"]display: flex; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .sidebar"]background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fa/8f/57/fa8f57a1b250fc89dfeee5a8a1efc829.jpg) center no-repeat; background-size: cover; min-height: 300px; max-height: 750px; width: 100px; margin: 15px; border: solid 9px #222; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .textbody"]width: 350px; align-items:center; background-color:#262626; border-radius:0px 15px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .postbody"]padding: 30px 30px 0px 25px;  color: #eee; text-align: justify; font: 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .oocnotes"]text-align: center; font: 11px/13px 'Poppins'; color: #666; border-top: 1px solid #303030; padding-top:10px; margin:0px 20px 10px 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .oocnotes a"]font:bold 15px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .bannercolor"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--headercolor); height: 20px; border-radius: 0px 0px 15px 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".rizzy .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 7px; bottom: 24px;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.7s all; color:#222; opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
849 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
The Border - RE
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 18:05:24 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","robinsgift"]

[attr="class","robinsgiftimg"]

Robin's lost in thought, unseeing of the distance that sprawls ahead of her. Fog twists at her feet while she stands beside the river, coin in hand. It isn't until a voice - a human voice - enters her ears that she turns. It takes her a long moment to parse what's been said, given her partial deafness from Sootopolis, but she incorrectly pulls meaning from it based on context.[break][break]

"Robin Coello," she says eventually. Then, she blinks back to a fuller awareness of herself. She becomes more animated, more human. "Here for work. Um, for discovery. Even when the world's falling apart, we Rangers need to scope out these odd rifts to better understand them." Her peripheral suggests the Gimmighoul ferryman is here. "Gotta cross the river and see what I can see, y'know?"[break][break]

She flips the coin in her hand over to the ferryman, a long-honored ritual between them. "I wouldn't be doing my job if I let you hangout here alone; it's plenty dangerous." She doesn't acknowledge her own isolation. "C'mon, I can show you around, if you're just curious." The woman seemed to have been taking notes. Robin could appreciate that. The Border was an odd in between space. Liminal, some might say, or purgatory.

[break][break]notes[break]
07 offer coins to the gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river.
[break][break]

[attr="class","robinsgifttag"]

[attr="class","meulkcodes"]MEULK CODES

[newclass=.robinsgift]background-color:#2b2b2b;font-family:open sans;font-size:9pt;text-align:justify;color:#aaa;padding:50px;border-bottom:#b42c0c solid 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.robinsgift b]color:#b42c0c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.robinsgift a]font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=.robinsgiftimg]background: url(https://i.imgur.com/uWiTSmq.png);width:250px;height:100px;opacity:.6;transition-duration:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.robinsgiftimg:hover]opacity:1;transition-duration:1s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.robinsgifttag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.meulkcodes]font-family:courier new;font-size:7.5pt;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aria

Eve, Snake Eyes
She/Her
October 12
Sootopolis
Money
Scientist
Grunt
awards
55 posts
part of
TAG WITH @evelyn
Evelyn Vespera
The Border - RE
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 2:16:19 GMT
Evelyn Vespera Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","sidebar"]

Robin Coello? Evelyn made a mental note to look her up in the records later. For now, playing it kind was the best choice. "Evelyn, though some prefer to call me Eve," she said with a slight smirk, "and this is my Gastly, Arsenia." On cue, the Gastly winked at the ranger but hovered close to her trainer. Arsenia didn’t quite grasp the situation, but she seemed to trust Evelyn’s judgment—something most people failed to appreciate.

[break][break]

Yet, beneath her curiosity about the ranger, Evelyn felt a growing sense of unease. The way Robin spoke—detached and strange, almost as if she weren’t human—unsettled her. What was she hiding? Why did she make Evelyn feel so small? "That’s... understandable," Evelyn said, forcing a smile. "It’s my first time at the border, and it's both interesting and a bit eerie."

[break][break]

As she boarded the ferryman's boat with Robin, Evelyn's eyes fell on the river. Her reflection wavered in the water—sometimes it was her, other times it was something twisted, something less perfect, like the shadows of her own fears. Spirits flickered in the corners of her vision, taunting her with things she couldn’t quite make out. By the time they reached the other side, a shift had occurred.

[break][break]

Hatred, fear, envy, and an overwhelming grudge welled up inside her, clashing in a storm she could no longer contain. The moment her feet touched the ground it only seems to get worse. "What's happening?" Her voice cracked, more with indignation than fear. The world felt like it was shrinking, tightening around her—an intolerable affront. "Something is out there!" She felt exposed, powerless, a sensation she hated above all else. Something was wrong, and she loathed the feeling of not being in control.

[break][break]

[break]

• experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.[break]
[break]

[newclass=".snakeeyes"]--accent: #b374c9!important; --headercolor: #b374c9!important; [/newclas]
[newclass=".rizzy"]width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:15px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy b"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy i"]opacity:0.8; letter-spacing:0.5px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:solid underline #444; text-underline-offset:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .sidebar"]background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fa/8f/57/fa8f57a1b250fc89dfeee5a8a1efc829.jpg) center no-repeat; background-size: cover; min-height: 300px; max-height: 750px; width: 100px; margin: 15px; border: solid 9px #222; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .textbody"]width: 350px; align-items:center; background-color:#262626; border-radius:0px 15px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .postbody"]padding: 30px 30px 0px 25px;  color: #eee; text-align: justify; font: 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .oocnotes"]text-align: center; font: 11px/13px 'Poppins'; color: #666; border-top: 1px solid #303030; padding-top:10px; margin:0px 20px 10px 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .bannercolor"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--headercolor); height: 20px; border-radius: 0px 0px 15px 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".rizzy .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 7px; bottom: 24px;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.7s all; color:#222; opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
849 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
The Border - RE
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 18:36:58 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[nospaces]

"Very eerie," she says with uncontained glee. She feels at home here. Her gaze falls on the Gastly, Arsenia. "Pretty name," she compliments belatedly as they stand on the boat and float down the river. It is a time of reflection, but Robin's thoughts are empty. She simply takes in the vibe of the Border and focuses on her breath. [break][break]

She senses an uptick in Evenlyn's heart rate given the woman's more erratic breathing, but it isn't until they step on land that the woman's cries alert Robin to the truth: there is a building pressure here. [break][break]

"You're right," she says with uncomfortable calm. [break][break]

A sprite with v-shaped ears appears. Yellow and red, though its colors are very muted. A pure spirit, not a real pokemon, she determines quickly. "The spirits here enjoy a fight." It's the only warning Robin offers. The sprite launches SEARING SHOT at them, a massive spear of flame. [break][break]

Omen, her Duskull, uses IMPRISON on them to protect them from the blast with its psychic walls. However, it dissipates immediately after. These flames are serious business. "We can run or we can fight. It will run out of steam eventually and need to recover energy elsewhere."

14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini.
[break][break]

[newclass=.robinsgift]background-color:#2b2b2b;font-family:open sans;font-size:9pt;text-align:justify;color:#aaa;padding:50px;border-bottom:#b42c0c solid 30px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.robinsgiftimg]background: url(https://i.imgur.com/uWiTSmq.png);width:250px;height:100px;opacity:.6;transition-duration:2s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.robinsgifttag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Aria

Eve, Snake Eyes
She/Her
October 12
Sootopolis
Money
Scientist
Grunt
awards
55 posts
part of
TAG WITH @evelyn
Evelyn Vespera
The Border - RE
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 23:44:23 GMT
Evelyn Vespera Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","sidebar"]

Evelyn took a few deep, measured breaths, steadying herself. She had seen strange things before—some even remarkable—but this? This was on a whole different level, even for her. The sight was unsettling, and for a moment, she debated running. Her Gastly hovered close, the only real comfort she allowed herself. But fear? She wouldn’t let it define her.[break][break]

Running or fighting—the choices were beneath her, but they were all she had. This is what happens when you dabble with forces beyond your control, she mused bitterly.[break][break]

“Then we will fight,” she whispered, eyes narrowing as she fixed her gaze on the sprite. She wouldn't be bested by some supernatural creature. Her Gastly launched a Shadow Ball, but the sprite barely reacted. What kind of anomaly was this?.[break][break]

What should’ve worked didn’t, and the realization hit her hard. The sprite lunged, and Evelyn’s stomach dropped. No—this wasn’t supposed to happen.[break][break]

I’ve made a mistake.[break][break]

Suddenly, her body felt like it was on fire, the searing pain too much to comprehend. For the first time, she felt powerless. Her pride screamed at her to fight back, to hold on, but her body betrayed her, and she collapsed to her knees, trembling.[break][break]

It wasn’t supposed to end like this.[break][break]

[break]

• become possessed by a spirit attempting to return to life.[break] Bingo: anomaly

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
849 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
The Border - RE
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 16:17:03 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[nospaces]

Omen used shadow sneak to appear behind the sprite and strike, but the move went right through the spirit. That was strange because ghosts were very effective against other ghosts - they existed on the same plane, after all. [break][break]

Let no one say the Border was predictable. [break][break]

Of course, it wasn't long before something entered Evelyn - a common occurrence, but a complicated one, too. "I got you!" Robin snapped her fingers and Omen reappeared, using disable as it floated through Evenlyn's body in an impermeable ghost state, bringing the spirit out with it. "You okay?" She braced Evelyn with her hands in case the woman felt dizzy. Omen's power wouldn't fix things for long, as they were both at risk for further possession. [break][break]

"We need to run, quickly."

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven