she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
ULTRA DESERT: SK
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 17:28:38 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
02 involve gigantic orthworms who attempt to hunt you using tremorsense.
03 involve dangerous sandstorms or the ability "overcoat".
14 experience a misleading mirage.
06 do not drink water offered to you
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 17:33:59 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko stepped through the spatial rift and into the Ultra Desert with an awed smile. With the two of them off on another adventure in the wilds, it was bound to be an exciting day. She waved her phone as they stood side by side in the desert. "I have a full charge on this baby, so I can take plenty of pictures." She hadn't seized the opportunity to do so in the mechanical kingdom, but she wouldn't make that mistake twice. [break][break]

"I heard some Rangers talking about this place, and the advice I got from them is to not drink water you're offered, alright? It's, uh, usually not what it seems." Vague, but she didn't get specifics from them. "We gotta keep our mind right because there are some illusory pokemon out here." That, and the heat might take 'em out. [break][break]

She only got a few steps in the desert when she felt the earth shake. She turned to him with a furrowed brow, then to her Slowking. Slowking shook his head, not the cause of this one. [break][break]

And then the biggest orthworm she'd ever seen shot out of the ground and lurched towards them.

[break][break] | 02 involve gigantic orthworms who attempt to hunt you using tremorsense.[break]
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 17:17:50 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silverio"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

it hadn't been too long since the first time he'd gotten a chance to venture out into an unknown land, or rather, a strange new world for that matter. just when he had started to think that he has seen it all, hoenn and its many so-called anomalies continued to surprise silverio at every twist and turn. his recent experience in a land seemingly ran completely be a matter of clockwork was unquestionably something he felt was worth documenting and writing home about. while his partner on that expedition, keiko, regretted not getting any pictures of the mechanical kingdom during their trip there, the ranger managed to jot down everything they had seen and done there together on paper.[break][break]

although, paper and pictures aren't particularly known to last for an eternity, although they did speak volumes of what could be deemed as a freshly solid point in history...[break][break]

much to his delight, the paldean would be joining the pinkette on another excursion through a wormhole. this time, however, he'd find himself smack dab in an unbearably scorching desert. to say the least, suppose that dressing lightly for the occasion was a good look for him in this case, with a set of sun-blocking specs to boot. to not consume the water here, though...? "noted, although, something tells me that pokémon may not be...huh!?!?"[break][break]

the ground beneath them tremored. silv instantly shook his head as keiko turned to face, then shot his eyes toward his sandslash, whose arms spread with a 'what did i do?' gesture. as rapidly as the earth trembled, the cause of the sudden quake presented itself: an unfathomably large orthworm. "that...is definitely not an illusion!!" already, the two humans and their pokémon would be met with a danger that, had it been encountered elsewhere, may be deemed unnatural otherwise.[break][break]

"go! use rollout to distract it!" quick thinking on the part of the ranger. the ground-typed mouse pokémon swiftly balled its spiny self up to roll up and around the gargantuan steel worm as its motions continued to shake the place up. hopefully that'll keep it busy for long enough to at least think of a more concrete plan. suppose that there could never be enough 'fight-or-flight' moments in these realms.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

prompts completed: 1 of 4[break]
---[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]--accent:#052bed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 20:27:52 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]His sandshrew got right to work, so Slowking needed to get in the middle of it, too. The orthworm summoned a huge sandstorm around them, the abrasive winds cutting into her skin. She held an arm up to her head to block what wanted to entered her eyes, but she was blind and overwhelmed in her senses. "Shit," she grit out, then found herself having to spit out beads of sand. [break][break]

Slowking used disable to prevent the orthworm from recasting the environmental assault. Then, he launched a water gun at the bastard desert pokemon. [break][break]

Keiko took her free hand to loop around Silverio's arm, tugging him in some direction. If they didn't stick together, it'd be too easy to get lost. If they didn't keep moving, they'd be buried in the sand.

[break][break] | 03 involve dangerous sandstorms or the ability "overcoat".[break]
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 21:42:12 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

the violent sands and air were quickly taking their toll on silv's skin...[break][break]

but it wasn't long before the slowking splashed into the fray. it's combined efforts along with the sandslash would prove to be enough of a distraction for the giant orthworm, with the former even able to discontinue the monster's use of its maniacally impactful sandstorm, if only for but a moment. time was of the essence, and if neither trainer could act quickly enough, then they'd both sink into the deep sands.[break][break]

the sandslash, unaffected by the residual effects of the storm, continued rolling out for several seconds until coming to a stop when he noticed his trainer being forcibly tugged away by the other human, taking that sight as his cue to flee the scene along with them. whichever direction they'd end up going, it wouldn't matter - anywhere that's as far away from that massive beast as possible would be a good enough spot for them. a sleeve held up to his mouth to block any sand from impairing his airway.[break][break]

meanwhile, the spiny mouse dove headfirst into the sands, and like a deep sea dweller, it manuevered through the them, and hopefully away from the menacing worm and tailing after the two humans. after several minutes, silv's eyes scanned the area around them. "i think...we lost it..."

NOTES

prompts completed: 2 of 4[break]
sandslash used dig; it is currently burrowed in the sands[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 21:45:52 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]The sands died down. [break][break]

She took a few breaths without her arm in the way, suddenly more grateful for open air than she'd been before they stepped into the rift. "I certainly hope so," she responded quickly. "I had no idea they could get so big." It was becoming more and more clear why the League forbade people entering these rifts alone. Things were too unpredictable. [break][break]

"Of course, I have no idea where to head to now. I don't see any landmarks." She hoped they could navigate their way back to the rift when it was time to leave. "I was hoping to see an unusual pokemon like those Volcanion we saw, but all we've got is a mega big orthworm."

[break][break][break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 22:11:03 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"it's too bad that you couldn't get a pic of it..."[break][break]

or did she!? suppose that behemoth may have been worth the struggle of snapping a photo, if it weren't so unceremoniously rabid. nonetheless, it could be safe to assume that the pair of adventurers were out of trouble - that is to say, at least for the moment. "orthworm is a native of paldea, my homeland, but never before have i ever seen one so massive..." as the man took a moment to contemplate on where to go next, his sandslash's piney head emerged from beneath the sands between he and the pinkette, startling the former for a second.[break][break]

"hey...!!" with a push off his arms, the rodent climbed out then shook off any sandy residue from its body. he nearly lost his breath there. "you just can't go poppin' up like that outta nowhere; for a second, i thought you were another orthworm." the spiny critter drooped its head down in defeat, quickly acknowledging its fault, but his trainer was quick to forvgive. too quick, even. "it's alright, buddy. just...at least warn someobody next time, 'kay?"[break][break]

easier said than done...[break][break]

nothing to be seen here...or maybe? an image had come into the ranger's view, albeit blurred. from what he could make out, dead ahead of him, there were hints of green. trees, perhaps? and an oval of a light blue hue hinted on the grounds there. water? wait, an oasis!? "i think...i see a rest stop...straight down that way...!!?" he called out and pointed. a rest under shades of tree leaves and a fresh wash ought to do some justice right about now.

NOTES

prompts completed: 3 of 4[break]
✦ 14 experience a misleading mirage[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 22:25:20 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]"Aw, you're right!" She'd totally forgotten about taking pictures. And she wanted to get some good shots of the desert, too. Now, they were at a low point where one couldn't appreciate how massive and sprawling the desert really was. She felt disappointment swell in her chest until Silverio's sandslash was running wild. [break][break]

She thought he was fucking with her. "An oasis? Dude, it's not the time for jokes. We need to fin-" [break][break]

But he was off to the races. Holy 'karp, did he think it was real? She fell in-step behind him. "Wait! It's not - don't!" As she pursued, the mirage seemed to be appear for her, too. She could see its blurry edges as they neared it despite her conscious mind telling her it's fake. They stumbled across some tall Maractus which offered them a coconut full of water. [break][break]

What the hell? This scene had been non-existent a minute ago, and now it'd blurred into existence?

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 22:57:04 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

maybe there were many things in this realm that may be far more memorable than a near-death experience with an oversized worm. perhaps a photo from a low angle where either human could've been easily eaten alive may not be an ideal approach after all. one thing was certain though, and it was that silverio would be documenting that orthworm by way of its sheer size. what could that thing have eaten which helped grow so insanely large? alas, some questions were better off unanswered after all.[break][break]

an immeasurable amount of space away, the oasis was. still, the team's much-needed break from the sweltering heat seemed to be just moments away...until it wasn't! as the image had drawn closer, it become more apparent that it was not what it had initially appeared to be. his mind overtaken, possibly a result of oncoming heat exhaustion, he took an awkward step back as a maractus - this one being larger than normal also - presented a drink.[break][break]

what in the name of arceus...!?[break][break]

where did that come from? regardless, he remembered the advice that keiko notion when they arrived through the rift. "no thanks...we're good..." long breaths bridged a gap between words. meanwhile, the sandslash offered a poke at his trainer with a razor-edge claw, an attempt to snap silv back into reality.[break][break]

"ooww..." that seemed to work.

NOTES

prompts completed: 4 of 4[break]
✦ 06 do not drink water offered to you[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
214 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 23:57:06 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She had reached for the proffered water until Silverio's utter of pain. She flinched and looked to him with alarm, but it was his sandslash at work. [break][break]

"Whatcha doing to your trainer, little buddy?" Did he need a timeout? Was he thirsty? [break][break]

She looked back to the Maractus to see that it was no Maractus at all but rather a Victreebel. It loomed over them, angry and - [break][break]

It looked kind of hungry? Oh geez, were they Victreebel food? [break][break]

It used leaf storm, whipping up sharp bladed leaves to slice at them. "Knock him back!" Slowking charged into action, giving the Victreebel a headbutt to push it back.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 0:15:22 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

it just wanted to do as his trainer himself had suggested...[break][break]

to warn him...of impending danger! as it turns out, like the imaginary oasis, the maractus was not what it appeared to be at an initial glance. rather, in reality, it was a much different species of plant pokémon - one much more vicious than what silverio had thought he saw.[break][break]

before sandslash could gesture at the girl in response, the victreebel attacked. instinctively, the ground pokémon moved to push silv away, effectively knocking some sense back into him, all the while undoing his sunglasses in the process.[break][break]

he would then follow-up after the slowking's attack; like a kid mowing a lawn for cash, it swiped a sharp crush claw at the unfriendly plant, downing it for the moment. meanwhile, silv managed to regain his senses, with help from his spiny companion, as well as keiko and her slowking.[break][break]

"phew...thanks guys...i guess we're in one helluva long trek here, after all..."

NOTES

prompts completed: 4 of 4[break]
---[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP