pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,020 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 5:14:06 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A bundle of nerves sits in Tempest's chest.[break][break]

The water has gone down but the house smells faintly of mildew. Tempest's few efforts has seen most of the mess cleaned out from the living room, his and 's life together dumped into trash bags. They sit in the corner, a reminder of what had transpired. Most of the larger furniture has been crammed into the corner of the living room, opening up floor space for brooms and mops. Shattered windows stare at them like angry gashes.[break][break]

A broom pushes glass into a dustpan, which Tempest stares into for a moment before sighing and dumping it in the trash.[break][break]

"I found the nest."[break][break]

It's said with an apprehension that Tempest had not expected from himself. The crushing weight of these ruins have already squeezed him into some shape he does not recognize. The inexplicable anxiety he feels for the upcoming Borders trip unnerves him.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 post the first wave

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 12:02:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Hollow.[break][break]

That's what Cillian feels as he picks through the sodden remains of their life together. Like some great vacuum has sucked the joy from his chest and left nothing in its wake.[break][break]

Another ruined book is tossed into a garbage bag. Cillian curses under his breath as his claws catch on the plastic of the bag, tearing it as he tries to tie it closed. He's struggled to control the manifestations of his DARK AURA in the wake of their defeat at Sootopolis and the loss of their home. He kicks the bag of books with bitterness before giving up and sitting down on the warped wood of what had once been an end table. Grief pools in his stomach.[break][break]

Head in his hands, he only looks up at the sound of 's voice.[break][break]

It takes a moment to register past the ache. Nest? What nest? Then it lights in his eyes, chasing purple with streaks of gold as a warm pride in his husband contests the gloom.[break][break]

"That's great!" But he hadn't missed the anxiety in Temp's admission. "You're worried, though."[break][break]

He gives SPACE for Temp to explain in his own time.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,020 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 20:11:32 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A book is plucked from a mound of debris. Grime is smoothed off the front, the laminated cover bright and colorful in the dark and dankness of the room. 1001 Kalosian Desserts is written on the top. Tempest is pretty sure this was a wedding present from someone, but he can't remember who. The outside looks fine, but trying to open it reveals a brick of wet pages with smudged ink. Tempest shakes his head and passes the book over to .[break][break]

How did he really explain it? This feeling that kept rising up his throat when he thought of the coming confrontation?[break][break]

Tempest is glad that Cillian allows him the space to process. He works quietly as he rolls the bundle of thoughts in his brain around into something manageable.[break][break]

"Yeah." Tempest turns to properly face Cillian. He sits down on the arm of what used to be their couch; a little damp but that didn't bother him much.[break][break]

"Hitoshi and Howard are coming with me, but I'm not sure we've got enough manpower. I'm also not sure how we're going to actually get it to come out." Tempest rubs his chin in thought. He hadn't shaved the last day or two, a few prickling and scratching hairs annoying him. They'd been too busy with securing new housing, securing cities, and general cleanup. "It's roosted near the top of this massive spire. I don't think we can get there without it knowing if it's home. In front of the spire is this massive flatland 'decorated' with statues of people who wandered too close."[break][break]

He'd been trying to puzzle it out for days. The best course of action would be to get Yveltal to come to them, but how?

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 post the first wave

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 20:19:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Water damage mars the book, the red icing of a strawberry CAKE streaming like blood across warped pages. A dark metaphor for the ruins of their life, their city.[break][break]

He throws it on top of the pile with the others.[break][break]

"Charming," is remarked of the 'statue' garden.[break][break]

Temp seems troubled by the problem of luring Yveltal out. To Cillian, the answer couldn't be more simple. What did the aspect of Death hate more than anything?[break][break]

Things that shouldn't be. Anomalies. Shadows.[break][break]

"I'll go," he volunteers, immediate.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,020 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 20:35:04 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest is musing over the bear trap he wants to set for Yveltal. and could help to keep it grounded. If they set the area up just right, they could perhaps surprise attack and then-[break][break]

"What?"[break][break]

Tempest breaks his train of thought, blinking owlishly at before the words really register.[break][break]

"No." The word comes out before he's really thought it through, a quiet horror building inside of him at the thought of a death embodiment anywhere near his precious husband.[break][break]

He blinks, shakes his head a bit, then shifts to actually allow himself a proper reply.[break][break]

"I mean-" He frowns, again, brows furrowing. He glances away, cheeks starting to heat up. "I don't know what I mean, actually. I just don't want you to get hurt."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 post the first wave

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 20:44:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian narrows his eyes as Temp refuses him.[break][break]

He's not used to being told no. Not for something as important as this, anyway. This was a Rocket mission. Cillian could always pull rank, but that wasn't why he was so surprised.[break][break]

"I'm an Avatar," he points out. "I've more a chance of getting out of there alive than any of you."[break][break]

Maybe that wasn't true, but it felt right as he says it. He had confidence in himself. He's dealt with Necrozma, he can sure as hell deal with Yveltal. Besides, Lugia won't be the only legend on their side. Howard can bring Regirock and Regice, too. They've got type-advantage.[break][break]

Lugia's at a disadvantage, he's already thinking, but we can get around that with tera...[break][break]

He shakes his head.[break][break]

"It only makes sense."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,020 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 21:05:16 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Perched on his seat, tempest hunches over. One arm wrapped tight around his midsection, the other's elbow perched on his knee, cheek resting in his own palm. He hums softly, acknowledging and his very logical argument. His cheeks are still stained with flush and his eyes pulled to the side, as if embarrassed to look at the other.[break][break]

"It's only kinda that. I'm just worried."[break][break]

Tempest is clearly not going to make this easy for his husband. It doesn't seem malicious, at least, or like Tempest is looking down on Cillian. Yet, something about this is going to have Cil pulling teeth to get whatever the deeper issue is out of his husband.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 post the first wave

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 9:54:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

It's like pulling teeth, but Cillian doesn't mind. How many times has Temp patiently guided him through his own traumas, coaxing the information out of him little by little?[break][break]

That's what partners are for.[break][break]

He reads the embarrassment in Tempest's body language and decides better than to ask the other to look at him. It might be easier without eye contact, and that was OK.[break][break]

"Worried about what?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,020 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 21:54:22 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I don't know."[break][break]

Tempest says, with a frustration that burns at himself. He could never aim that sort of tone at .[break][break]

He furrows his brows and stares at a water stain in the corner. A deep and heaved sigh leaves him, Tempest quiet as he mulls over how to exactly... explain this feeling to his husband.[break][break]

"I just feel... weird... about this. Every time I've been in the Borders since the assignment, something feels wrong."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 post the first wave

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 22:24:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Biting frustration that's not meant for him rolls off Cillian in kind, settling like the sea beneath their home. He considers his husband's words carefully.[break][break]

"That place has never felt right," he points out, after a long pause. "It fucks with your head. Everyone's head, but you remember how much it got to you, before?"[break][break]

had seemed particularly susceptible to the raw hatred of that place, where Cillian had often found himself overwhelmed by fear. He'd tried to avoid it since.
[break][break]
"Maybe it's just that," he suggests, then prods, "but it doesn't explain why you're weird about me coming with. Unless you're worried you'll turn on me again? 'Cause I'm not worried."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,020 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 22:31:15 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Yeah, but... it's different." But was it?[break][break]

was making good points. Yet, that didn't really unfurl everything in his chest, did it? The balled knot that his worries had slowly grown into.[break][break]

"It's not that! I just. I'm worried."[break][break]

That offers little. Tempest grits his teeth and forces himself to spit it out. Clunky and awkward.[break][break]

"I have a bad feeling. That something is...."[break][break]

A pause, the expression on Tempest's face morphing into a quiet anguish for a moment. Then his voice comes out barely a whisper.[break][break]

"I don't want you to see if something happens to me."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 post the first wave

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 22:37:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Dread snakes its icy tendrils through his veins, chilling him in spite of the summer heat that oozes through shattered windows. Cillian folds his arms in a subconsciously defensive gesture, uncomfortable with the sudden turn the conversation has taken.[break][break]

Why was Temp so worried something would happen?[break][break]

He frowns, focusing on something that's easier to parse.[break][break]

"You know I'd fight like hell to keep you safe."[break][break]

It's not the promise he wants to make, I'd never let anything happen to you, but Cillian is a realist. He knows that not all tragedies are within his power to prevent.[break][break]

He runs his hands over his arms to dispel gooseflesh.[break][break]

"Have you ever had a bad feeling like this before?"[break][break]

Maybe it was nothing. Just nerves.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,020 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 22:44:43 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I know you would."[break][break]

Tempest briefly glances over at his husband, expression softening for a few seconds. He loves this man so much. Wishes he could spare him any pain, even at his own expense. Yet, too, Temp knows that is impossible. They had already lost their home. They served to lose so much more.[break][break]

"... no. The closer I got to Yveltal's nest, the worse it felt. You know the story of that king who had the sword over his head all the time? I felt like that. Feel like that."[break][break]

The softness from before is gone, buried in his own annoyance at himself.[break][break]

"I'm real scared, Cil."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 post the first wave

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,402 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 23:08:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Soft, unspoken love passes between them. They would kill for each other. Die for each other.[break][break]

But Cillian doesn't want to die, doesn't want either of them to die, and Temp-[break][break]

Cillian is uncomfortably reminded of the looping deaths inflicted on his husband by Father Winter. The ideations of martyrdom that plagued Temp. Could Yveltal feel it?[break][break]

Would it use it?[break][break]

Knuckles whiten as Cillian grips at his own arms.[break][break]

"Maybe we should ask for this to be reassigned." He's gentle in his suggestion. It wasn't that his husband was incompetent, incapable... He's thinking of . Of . Of the ones who were warped and changed by negativity. "I mean, we've seen the sort of shit that legendries have pulled, right? Maybe it's not a good idea for you to get so close to that thing."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,020 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
one more breath
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 23:19:16 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Maybe."[break][break]

But Tempest sounds uncertain. Would Walsh even allow him to change this now? It had been assigned specifically to him. A charge all his own to lead as he pleased. Not to the Beasts as a whole, not to SPECTRA, not anyone else- just Tempest. It felt like a test. It felt like a way to prove he deserved to be in the high ranks.[break][break]

The more he thinks about it, the more he's certain no one else can.[break][break]

Delarosa was missing. Frost and Shred had their own shit to do, now that they had been looked upon by their own patrons. Inoue had already agreed to go, but was much too fresh a Beast for a mission like this. It really only left Priam, but would he be as effective as Tempest? Tempest was one of the few in Rocket who bothered with the Borders in great detail. Was one of the few to endure it over and over to the point he could write reports on it.[break][break]

He feels the proverbial noose tightening around his throat the more he dwells on it.[break][break]

Until, finally....[break][break]

"... you can come with me."[break][break]

And in that moment, in those few words, it should open up the depths to just how deeply this is effecting Tempest. His whole priority since before they were married was keeping his partner safe. Yet the well of fear and all the apprehension has reached some boiling point. A cry of 'I don't want you to get hurt' overwhelmed by a scream of 'I need you to be there.'

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 post the first wave

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven