he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Meeting Me/Meeting We
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2024 18:16:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Two weeks since Petalburg was attacked. One week since Hideo was out of the hospital. One day since meeting with and Ogerpon. One hour since Hideo made his rounds around Littleroot.

One minute before he was expecting to get here.

He'd wanted to meet up with her to talk, to catch up with everything that'd happened on her end over in Petalburg. His memory of what happened had mostly recovered - some of it was fuzzy, but the pieces he had were clearer.

Time to compare notes.

But he wasn't just here to talk; there was something he wanted to test out first.

So Hideo sat in that seat, his Beheeyem standing by his side, his head propped up by both hands resting on the table in front of him. Would she notice what was going on before she got here?

Because if someone as familiar with him as she was didn't catch on, odds were few others would. And that's what he wanted.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,211 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Meeting Me/Meeting We
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 16:22:51 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Sorry for the intrusion."[break][break]

She appears in a swirl of pink, the sound of her feet landing against the ground drowned out by the chipper squeal of the Ralts by her side. At least, it remains chipper until they realise a lack of a certain someone in the room. Now, one might call it rude to drop in out of nowhere. Perhaps, coming off as a shock to some, but Hideo is immune to sudden scares that involve seeing things and he was expecting her company to begin with.[break][break]

Though, he has picked quite the position to be resting in. Fingers picking at the bandages around her forearm, her brow quirks as her uncovered eye flits from one funky little gym leader to his Beeheeyem and back.[break][break]

"Waited long?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]littleroot
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Meeting Me/Meeting We
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 15:48:21 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo did, in fact, jump up a little at the sudden swirl of pink - but he was quick to regain his composure, waving as Eris made her arrival.

"Nah," he answered, a complete lack of urgency or surprise in his voice, "you're good. The pizza we ordered should be getting here soon. Elga, mind getting a seat for her?"

The Beheeyem glanced at Hideo, before psychically pulling a chair up for her to use - and pushing it in if necessary.

Hideo, by comparison to Eris, looked completely fine; no bandages around his body, and he looked to be in perfect health. He seemed just as energetic as he always was, as if he hadn't just been in a traumatic battle just weeks ago.

"Just wanted to catch up after Petalburg," he said. "I had to rest up for a while, but I'm getting back in the swing of things. How're you holding up?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,211 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Meeting Me/Meeting We
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 16:02:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Doing okay."[break][break]

Not really, considering how she's all wrapped up in bandages to cover up her new burns. A little less so when she realises he just jumped at... the sight of her? And he seems awfully well for someone who went through all that he did back in Petalburg. Or at least, that's what she assumes, having heard of what happened from her pokemon.[break][break]

Things are weird. Weirder than she'd like it to be. The whole recovery thing she can more or less handwave given Hoenn's astounding gifts of healing. That surprised response though, she assumes it's because she spoke...[break][break]

Even as Elga draws a seat up for her, Eris takes her time to settle. Perhaps, gets a little gutsy with her actions as she suddenly leans in across the desk. And without warning, she shoves her palm right up in his face, stopping just short of his nose.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Meeting Me/Meeting We
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 18:32:28 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded along - good to hear she was doing good.

His initial mistake truly had been due to surprise - though he knew Eris was supposed to arrive here, he didn't know how or when. There wasn't much way for either him or his Beheeyem to expect it.

But when she took her seat, and began to lean forward, even that sudden movement could be noticed by the Beheeyem - who was quickly to Telepathically notify him of what was about to happen.

So for this surprise, he didn't react - not until the palm was right up in his face.

"...did you just try to hit me?" he asked. "'Cause Elga says you just did."

He could play that off well enough.

What he couldn't hide was that with that proximity, it would be clearer that his voice was slightly off from where it should be - and there was the slightest amount of crackle to his voice - almost as if it were coming out of a speaker instead of a human mouth.

"You feeling alright? They have you on some meds or something?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,211 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Meeting Me/Meeting We
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 5:22:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Sorry, something seemed off."[break][break]

Loads of things actually. Pulling back, she sighs and leans back into her seat.[break][break]

"Not every Rocket is gonna know you're blind, 'specially those who just came from Kanto. That jump might give you away if you're just trying to fool them, but I'm assuming you're gonna try and lead them in circles. That's means all they've gotta do is see you from a safe enough distance to pursue."[break][break]

He's smart, improving the little trick they did all those months back. Unlike those who could meld into shadow or create things from nothingness, they had to rely on their pokemon and a little bit of wit to manipulate the battlefield.[break][break]

"The game's over anyways if they get caught."[break][break]

A smirk tugs at her lips.[break][break]

"But yes, meds. Tons of them."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Meeting Me/Meeting We
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 23:29:54 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Being able to shoot chains was a step above what most people could do in Hoenn, but it still paled in comparison to the feats others could perform.

But there were plenty of ways to close that gap, even overtake it. It didn't take a Professor to know how to use a Pokemon's abilities to their fullest, and the right application could be indistinguishable from a patron's gifts.

"A lotta stuff seems off nowadays," he answered, letting out a sigh.

"To be fair, I thought you'd just walk in. Didn't expect you to pop in outta nowhere. Elga usually makes sure I don't get surprised like that."

He didn't quite catch on to the intricacies of her wording - but the Beheeyem did. A few blinking lights on its hand let out a signal, before another blink informed the boy to move on to the next step.

"Aaaaanyways, I think our pizza's about to get here."

A knock on the door proved him right.

The figure that opened the door was carrying a pizza box, though the figure itself was covered head-to-toe in a coat, without even a single bit of skin showing. It was questionable how they'd be able to see through that outfit.

And a Ralts waddled in beneath the figure, waving to Eris's "Ralts" before eyeing the pizza box once more.

"This is a friend of mine, actually! Met'em when a certain someone ordered a certain pizza…buuuuut I'm pretty sure you've met'em before too!"

The Beheeyem placed a hand over its face; he was laying it on too thick there.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,211 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Meeting Me/Meeting We
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2024 1:06:21 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Sorry, didn't feel like walking today." Half her heart lies in the statement she handwaves, the other half residing with the precious ones that are missing on her end.[break][break]

Swivelling about on her chair, she turns her eye to the door, ready to meet said pizza man. If the get-up weren't suspicious enough, she'd be more hung up on the way he so callously allows the 'friend' to enter this room, especially considering the things they were meant to discuss today.[break][break]

And the Ralts. As a disguised Mesprit waves back with such exuberance, she follows Elga's very motion of facepalming. Then she sighs, hands moving to comb her fringe out of her good eye and from under her newest eyepatch.[break][break]

Standing up, she sweeps one leg over the side of her chair and sits back down with her chest leaned against the backrest. Both arms laced across the top, she lays her head down to view the 'stranger'.[break][break]

"Pretty sure most people would be worried to see a doppelganger. Most urban legends about them say they aren't good news."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,654 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Meeting Me/Meeting We
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2024 22:50:43 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo was already aware that the jig was up; Elga notified him of that before he'd walked in; it was why he'd entered at that moment.

But the Hideo in the chair hadn't yet. "What'cha mean doppelganger? And you don't gotta worry about me seeing one, 'cause-"

"I think she's got it." His voice was in no way muffled by the hood covering his entire head; it was very clearly Hideo's voice. "But still a pretty good try! I'm glad it even lasted that long."

The Hideo sitting in the chair playfully stuck his tongue out, before his body shimmered, disappearing and revealing the Zoroark beneath - as well as the possessed Rotomphone he carried.

"As long as we got their attention, it'll work," the Rotomphone said - still mimicking Hideo's voice. "We'll let you two talk. Leave some pizza for the rest of us!"

With that, the Zoroark departed. Hideo was quick to claim the seat, depositing the pizza on the table before he sat down. Notably, he did it all with his right hand; the left arm of his jacket dangled emptily.

Once he was down, he took down his hood, revealing his face. "Sorry, just wanted to see how well it'd work. I'm gonna field test it soon, and I'm hoping it goes as well as it did on that island."

It was only a matter of time until Rocket started making their way toward Oldale. And if they got that far, Littleroot had to be their next target.

Though the seriousness of that conversation was undercut by the "Ralts" climbing up Hideo's jacket, making its way on the table.

Three guesses as to what it was aiming for.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP