Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Scrape the Moon, Cleave the Clouds
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 5:46:36 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Ameena." He raised a glass of whiskey to the scientist from the bar counter. The amber liquid glistened in the light, which reflected the scientist's visage back at her. "Sit."

He gestured at the bar stool next to him, before draining his glass and slamming it into the table.

"I'll make this quick, since I'm heading to New Mauville shortly to chase ghosts." Regieleki wasn't a ghost, but its ruin was. Though admittedly, Howard wasn't sure if the ghost was Regieleki, its ruin, or . They all blurred together at this point, and trips to Mauville were expensive. "And commit property damage. Make sure you have a good alibi in..."

He checked his watch.

"An hour." He raised his empty glass. "Want a drink? I'll pay."

It was noon.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
813 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 16:35:08 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Bars were decent in service of a private conversation, but she much preferred a coffee shop which filled the same niche. She sat without hesitation, though her reservations were clear upon her face. Meeting here of all places seemed to be indicative of Howard's current emotional state. [break][break]

"You're looking to cause trouble in New Mauville?" She arched a brow, though her gaze fell from his face and to his glass. He'd been through plenty recently, but Petalburg was also chalked up as a clear victory. This didn't look like a celebration.[break][break]

She shook her head. "No drinks. I am visiting the RKS soon, and I need a good head on my shoulders." The simulation was unforgiving sober, but she couldn't imagine how much more horrific it would be to navigate with a stuffy, unclear mind. Not that she wouldn't rather forget much of what she's witnessed inside. [break][break]

"What are we doing here?"

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 17:32:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm clearing my mind for what needs to come." He popped a piece of ice into his mouth without blinking. "New Mauville is more important than you know."

As was going to find out when Mauville finally burned. The power plant was a ticking time bomb with a deactivated Power Spot that threatened to rouse itself to activity. When it did, Dynamax would sever the Pokémon League's jugular and offer the city to Team Rocket on a silver platter.

Especially with Regieleki now in Rocket's custody thanks to 's breakdown.

"There's a ruin under the power plant that I aim to discover, but that's neither here nor there. I wish you the best in the RKS Simulation." He waggled a finger. "I asked you here to talk, since it's convenient."

He popped another piece of ice into his mouth.

"Are you aware that is going to the moon, soon?"

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
813 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 17:38:00 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She hid her smirk by resting her head on her hand, though she found his statement amusing. Only two months ago, she'd been telling that she thought it was odd that she had heard no Rocket plans to claim Mauville despite the value she saw in it. Her company was there, sure, but the city seemed like such a status symbol to the League, and it certainly had plenty of resources on its own. [break][break]

She did have questions about the ruins, but she withheld them for the time being. [break][break]

"The - literally, the moon?" She pulled from the bar counter and leaned towards him on her stool instead, fixated. "What is waiting there for her?" She considered the possibilities, but they were limited in truth because Howard was talking to her about Lulu, which could only mean that it pertained to the dream realm. Her last update on Lulu's own progress related to some sort of energy battery like Celebi, but they all knew the sprite was not on the moon.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 18:12:35 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He smiled, pleased at her reaction. It was easy to draw out the blood of academia with the blood of the divine with whispers of knowledge. Dreams were tantalizing, indeed.

"You already know." He raised an eyebrow at her from underneath his hat. He brushed a strand of white hair behind his ear. It was a redundant question, but Ameena would prefer an answer to a theory or a hypothesis. "Cresselia."

The word was spoken casually, as was the nature of a barside chat. Murmurs of legends were common from those who blabbered from empty cups from which the liquor flowed like water.

"We go to fulfill the dream of our Head Scientist." He chuckled and adjusted his hat, hiding his eyes from view. "We will rewrite the laws of fate for her."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
813 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 18:17:57 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She had written Cresselia off. The divine, the legendary, they were all disappointments, ultimately. Kyogre had been reduced to a helpless, thrashing, terrified beast. All pokemon could be rendered as such. While legendary pokemon may - may - have higher intelligence than other pokemon, it didn't change the fact that they were all beasts. She didn't put much faith in Cresselia's capacity to really, truly access the dream realm on an intentional level or at a depth that she and Lulu had traversed for. [break][break]

Cresselia used dreams, but she didn't own the domain, or master it, as far as Ameena was concerned. The legend would have done so much more with herself and with their world if it was true. [break][break]

"Wrangling Cresselia is quite the task." She wasn't sure what to make of Howard's involvement just yet. But if he had an ask, she had to answer; her failings in Rocket this year required her to jump when asked, and do it well. "How can I help?"

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 18:24:39 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Truthfully, Howard had little clue how powerful Cresselia actually was. He had never actually seen the creature in action. It had always struck him as the perfect myth: elusive, yet wholly tempting. It existed on the fringe of rationality and hid in the corners of legends.

"You research dreams. You toe the line between sleeping and wakefulness more than anyone I know, barring the Head Scientist. You get along well with her, I presume? Teamwork will be imperative." He raised an eyebrow. "And the more hands on deck, the better. Find a way to trap it. Work with the Head Scientist."

He spread his hands, shrugging, before putting a hand on his chin and looking at Ameena with a wry grin.

"That is all I ask." He swirled the empty glass, as if needing his hands to do something while he spoke. The hands of an archaeology were never still. "Also, I'm here to extend you an invitation that our former Head Scientist never offered you."

"What's your dream, Ameena? What do you want?"

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
813 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 19:56:49 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

"She is my greatest colleague," Ameena confirmed. No one understood dreams like their head scientist. "So, I take it that she is taking point on this mission? I will reach out." She had nothing to lose, though space travel made her feel queasy. It could not be more dangerous than Sootopolis, or the Penitentiary, or any other day in Hoenn. [break][break]

Her brow furrowed at the invitation. "Are you talking about Nebula? He mentioned it." He'd implied she would be welcome there, but they had been barely scratching the surface in unpacking Eternatus, and there hadn't been enough time to capitalize on any growing momentum before he took his leave. [break][break]

Howard trusting her in such a taskforce was a leap. Had he forgotten her prior transgressions? It made her wonder if he was desperate, or if the project as a whole was actually a death wish. [break][break]

The question felt like a trap. "I want to access alternate realities through dreams." The truth, but not all of it. Bars were a common spot for spilling your guts and unleashing your childhood trauma, but she didn't think he was reaching for that information.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 20:42:28 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Nebula." Whose idea had it been to name Amor's little group that? He had forgotten. Compared to many of Rocket's oldest divisions, Nebula was new. It was more of a microscopic group direccted towards a single goal than an overarching directive.

If anything, their directives often danced alongside SPECTRA, but Howard hardly focused on that organization anymore. That was Admin Cross's territory. It was a military arm that did its best with the resources it was given, and Howard knew that there were plans in place.

There was more than one moon in the sky that Team Rocket had their gaze on.

"It's mine, now. Damn Amor for leaving me with the scraps of his dream, but I think he knew that I wouldn't let it die when he left us behind. Thus Nebula remains. It needs a new member. It needs another academic who understands the mechanics of this world." His eye flashed, whether in remembrance of Amor Rose or in annoyance at his departure, it didn't matter. "It needs you."

He steepled his fingers and put a hand on his chin as he regarded her answer.

"Arceus above, you're just like Lulu." He rubbed his temple. "Other worlds. I ask you this: why? What can other worlds offer to you that this one cannot?"

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
813 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 20:53:39 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She had her own choice words for Amor given his abrupt absence. She respected his rationale, but the timing had been unfortunate. They had shared the terrible burden of knowledge of Eternatus and the shared capacity to chip away at understanding and defending against it. But no matter. [break][break]

"You have me," she said earnestly. It was less about feeling like she owed him for the invasion of his mind and more about the fact that he had always been an outlier in the upper brass of Rocket. She would much rather stay in his inner circle and get a first glance at the trouble he was getting into. She was convinced he would always be entangled in the most interesting of projects and problems alike, and those were the ones with the most promise for her research. [break][break]

She debated how much honesty to offer his question. "A life," she answered. "A life that this world does not have anymore." Her sacrifices were all in pursuit of that one ambition, goal, dream: to see Mum again. To live with her. To live in a world that still held her. [break][break]

"There is a world out there where she lives. Infinite, if you subscribe to the full multiverse theory. I only need one."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 23:22:37 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Eternatus was the only wart that mattered. It had been his long before it had been Amor's. Howard had given everything and would continue to give everything to fight Eternatus on every battlefield. If that required the construction of weapons of war, then he would raise them up and seize them all.

"Her." He repeated, before nodding. He knew nothing of Ameena's mother. It was not his story. "If you have a purpose, I can't fault you. That is what Rocket was designed for. There are things that you can't do alone, but Team Rocket can conceive."

He steepled his fingers.

"There is enough room in the sky for another star." Howard closed his eye thoughtfully, silently musing on his plans for New Mauville before tapping his finger against the countertop. He did not deride her for using other multiverses to supplement their own. He agreed with the premise. "Which is why there's room for you in Nebula."

There was no decorum to the proclamation. He simply willed it into existence, and it became true. That was the power he had been instilled with.

"You need one thing. I need five." Three now, actually. He did not elaborate beyond that. "Is your lab prepared for what I requested?"

The dream.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
813 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 23:34:30 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Rocket offered her opportunity she would have never had. Beyond the research capacity, she really did enjoy her collaborations with all kinds of characters within the organization. No one was boring. [break][break]

"Five things?" What the hell was he doing now? [break][break]

She gestured to the room at his question. "I could do it here, if you had June. But yes, my lab is set up." She had revisited the sleep study dreams enough times now, with , , and @tempest, that she knew her way around navigating the semi-waking dreamscape. She could put to rest the unease that had undoubtedly plagued Howard, though it wouldn't be as bad as June for having forgotten it altogether. [break][break]

"Say the word and I can make it happen." Nothing had changed from last time - she would wait for his call to execute the waking dream zone. "Are we still moving forward with doing together? I can bring you into the 'scape and not June, if she is unwilling." She certainly wasn't sitting with them at the bar. Was she sitting on her hands, waiting for this opportunity? Was Howard keeping her from knowing about it at all until he was ready to spring it on her?

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 23:40:43 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"She'll come." Howard stood and straightened his hat. "She's why I'm here, after all."

He does not elaborate on June's purpose in his grand war. He does not explain that June's fate is one of tragedy, now that she holds Regieleki. Violet is one thing, but that golem was more important than anything in this world. It dictated the whims of gods, and it was designed to kill one.

If she would listen, she could be a hero. Otherwise...

Well, Regieleki was his. She was simply keeping it warm.

"Just be ready. As for the five things, they're superweapons. Machines before Pokémon. They were not designed to be the latter, even if they ended up becoming them." He spoke nonsense, before sliding past Ameena and adjusting his hat in a similar way to a certain deputy. "Regirock. Regice. There are three others."

His hand clasped the door handle, before turning back to Ameena.

"Nebula's purpose is to find them." He blinked. "Our purpose is to save the world."

Even if and didn't believe it, that was the truth. That was his direction for Amor's dream.

"Foot the bill for me, would you?" He slipped out of the bar, leaving Ameena alone.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2024 1:27:56 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven