Petalburg City, Hoenn
pansexual
Aspiring scientist
Civilian
dangerous
to my enemies, loyal to my friends.
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
let no one think of me as humble or weak or passive; let them understand i am of a different kind.
awards
11 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lavinia
Lavinia Kubrick
[SKIRMISH] evil does not exist
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2024 15:03:07 GMT
Lavinia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb lavinia"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
i have a heart of stone and iron; i will be called[break]fortunate, and my head will be crowned with stars.

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

When she was ten, Lavinia swore never to cry in public again; and yet here she is, struggling to hold back tears as she dashes through the forest without so much as lifting branches out of her way. She doesn't have time for that, and a few scratches are nothing compared to the injuries her sibling may be suffering right now; compared to her mother's rage if she should get home to missing.[break][break]

Truthfully, despite how well she knows , Lavinia can scarcely imagine her reaction. She won't soon forget the woman's state when was kidnapped, and the mere thought of it is enough to break her down. She skids to a halt, struggling to catch her breath and wiping her tears away angrily.[break][break]

“When we find Chrysanthe,” she says, with chilling wrath despite the fact that she's actively sobbing, “I’ll drag her back by the hair. I'll wring her fucking neck myself, I swear I will!”[break][break]

Neither of her Pokémon contradict her, with Kalliope continuing to search every nook and cranny she can teleport to while Linus takes a step closer to his Trainer. Lavinia actually screams at that, her fist smashing into the nearest tree trunk.[break][break]

“I do not need comforting, Linus. Oh, fuck, we don’t have time for any of this! Keep looking! Chrys?! Chrysanthe! Answer me!” [break][break]

Along with the Espeon Lavinia takes up running again, wiping at her eyes a second time as she goes. As she careens left, though, she crashes into another person and is forced to step back.[break][break]

“Get out of the way,” she snaps at this complete stranger despite the fact that she’s at fault. She glares, too, no less mean while red-faced and sniffling. “Can’t you see I'm in a hurry?”

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
Skirmish // [break][break]
50 MP Have your character recall a past thread or event (link the thread).[break]
50 MP Reference a character not in your thread in a meaningful way.[break]
50 MP Showcase your own character's weakness(es) meaningfully.

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lavinia"]--accent: #ae5ddc!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #ae5ddc; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb a"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img:hover"]filter: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#fff; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

ema

ms catastrophe, mehl
she/he/they/any
august 15
pinwheel forest, unova
lesbian
pokécenter nurse
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
93 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katharina
Katharina Strophe
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2024 20:41:32 GMT
Katharina Strophe Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmnteam"]
[newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass][newclass=".emapkmnteam br"]display:none;[/newclass]
She hears the swears only briefly before she could actually figure out the person - that's because the person is running towards Katharina, in a way - or rather, running into. The nurse has no idea what's truly happening, but instinct and intuition tell her when she's dealing with a person that's been driven out of their mind by something.

Katharina generally has a complex relationship with respecting personal space - it and its opposite are both needed in her occupation. She usually uses split-second judgement to decide what's the correct one, and deals with the consequences later. Here, she can't just let that youngin - probably still a teen - run around on her own, like a headless Torchic into a lair of Rockets or, frankly, whatever might still be out there and be worse.

Her hand has reached out to grab the purple-haired's shoulder, bearing a similiarity perhaps to another person she has seen ... which has also been confirmed by the shouts before. "Listen, nothing good will come out if you're running around like this - I can help you search, okay? It'll all be figured out." Her grip is firm, unyielding in a way that people usually find comforting - she isn't sure if this would also apply with the teen here, but she could try.

"I haven't seen her today, but I think I know who you talk about. Black, a bit purple, haired kiddo? About this size? Kinda ... dreamy?" she asks, releasing her grip on the other's shoulder. She recalls Chrysanthe from Sea Mauville where the kid somehow has managed to stumble into danger. "I'm nurse Katharina, but you can just call me Kat, too," she also adds and shows her medical license so the other would know that she, probably, is someone trustworthy. IDs can be faked, but well ... there's nothing she can do about that.

The Espeon and Hatterene would be able to only sense steadiness from her - a direct mind that focuses on the task at hand at the moment, professionalism devoid of emotion as she can't worry right now with someone to worry about right in front of her.

50 MP have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (link the thread).
50 MP showcase your own character's strength(s) meaningfully. (firm approach of an angry person)

close tab

played by

ranya

lavi, attie
she/her
Nineteen
July 2
Petalburg City, Hoenn
pansexual
Aspiring scientist
Civilian
dangerous
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
let no one think of me as humble or weak or passive; let them understand i am of a different kind.
awards
11 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lavinia
Lavinia Kubrick
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2024 10:52:24 GMT
Lavinia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
i have a heart of stone and iron; i will be called[break]fortunate, and my head will be crowned with stars.

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Lavinia isn't quite sure what she expected; although, perhaps it's more accurate to say that she didn't expect anything. Her mind is too frazzled to make any sense, and the only coherent thought she has at the moment is of Chrysanthe — Chrys — her sibling —, repeated over and over.[break][break]

That is, until the stranger's reaction snaps her out of it. She's surprised to the extent that she doesn’t immediately shrug the woman's hand off, or even protest at all. She doesn't register this stranger's apparent knowledge of her predicament either; doesn't realize they've heard her shouting and swearing, though even if she did she wouldn't care. For once in her life, she's abandoned composure altogether.[break][break]

Which also means she's abandoned any pretense of being an adult who knows what she's doing. She wants to sob on this woman's shoulder. She wants to scream herself hoarse. And, more than anything, she wants her mother.[break][break]

Yet, though she may not quite be an adult, she isn't a child either. So she gathers herself the best she can, swallowing the rest of her tears and taking comfort in the fact that this kind stranger will help, that it’ll all be figured out. Lavinia never trusts so readily, but now… She doesn't even consider that this person may be anything other than reliable and kind. She couldn't bear it. So, she opens her mouth to thank them —[break][break]

— and snaps it shut again as they go on to describe her sister. Lavinia's eyes widen, the nurse's opening words slip her mind and for a moment she feels a spark of hope. Remembering, she feels the deranged urge to laugh in their face. Dreamy. Yeah, sure, that's one way to describe the delusional spoiled brat who's gone for a stroll in a fucking war zone.[break][break]

None of this is Katharina’s fault, though. They can't help that they haven't seen Chrys today, much less that the stupid child is out here at all. It's Lavinia's own damn fault, but she can't think of that or she really will cry in the nurse's arms.[break][break]

“Thank you, Kat,” she says at last, her voice quiet but trembling only slightly. “My name's Lavinia. I'm Chrysanthe’s older sister, and… and the one responsible for their safety at the moment.” She shouldn't have said that. Yet she says more after, letting herself be a frightened teen for the first time in years: “My mom will kill me if she finds out.”

50 MP Have your character spotlight another character's strengths.[break]
50 MP Have your character learn to respect another character in some way.[break]
50 MP Have your character "hit rock bottom".

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #ae5ddc; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb a"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#fff; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

ms catastrophe, mehl
she/he/they/any
august 15
pinwheel forest, unova
lesbian
pokécenter nurse
civilian
awards
93 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katharina
Katharina Strophe
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2024 13:15:34 GMT
Katharina Strophe Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmnteam"]
[newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass][newclass=".emapkmnteam br"]display:none;[/newclass]
It's a relief to see the other calm down, a relief that Katharina doesn't linger on too long - but even things that she considers as certainty are something to celebrate, however briefly. She gives the younger one a short, reassuring squeeze before letting go of her shoulder, and nodding. "You're welcome," she says, before nodding. So it is after all. "Lavinia ..." She is about to make a lighthearted quip about babysitting gone wrong, but the next words make her slightly falter, in fact.

"Uh," she makes, slightly stunned - she's heard that phrase before, sure, but the intensity is ... a bit on the alarming side. "Well, we're going to prevent that," Kat decides to bulldoze past it, seeing as there might be more than she could do as a stranger. Her voice takes a more gentle tone as she comes down from focus mode, nodding. "Those psychic pokémon are yours, right? Do they sense anything nearby?" she asks, before also taking out one of her pokéballs. It's already shaking in her hand already with restlessness, and covered with various stickers that Teein wanted to have. She throws the ball upward in a decisive motion, and out of it a Natu comes flying.

She, however, also settles quickly on Katharina's head, as she can't properly fly just yet. "Dear, we're looking for a kid, I'm thinking of her right now." She feels a clumsy psychic nudge as the Natu enters her mind briefly, before she nods affirmative on her head. Katharina doesn't see it, but assumes it happened. "Can you teleport around and see if you pick up any Psychic signature? From anyone, actually - we can use any awareness we can get."

As Teein disappears in a flash, she turns her full attention to Lavinia again, regarding her once more with the look of a nurse. "Let's patch up some of the most grievous wounds - wouldn't want an infection here." She pulls out a firstaid kit - which frankly, is half of a suitcase with the kind of emergencies she needs to be prepared for - as well as calling for her Audino with the same quick, decisive motions from before.

50 MP reference (tag) another character that is not in your thread in a meaningful way.
50 MP involve the pokeballs of your pokemon in a meaningful way (e.g. type of pokeball described to reflect the pokemon or character, damaging them, seizing them).
50 MP describe your character's pokeball throwing style.
close tab

played by

ranya

lavi, attie
she/her
Nineteen
July 2
Petalburg City, Hoenn
pansexual
Aspiring scientist
Civilian
dangerous
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
11 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lavinia
Lavinia Kubrick
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2024 19:28:18 GMT
Lavinia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

The nurse's response is enough to lessen Lavinia's fear, at least for the moment. She nods her head wordlessly, blinking back the tears that have welled up again. At the question she says, “Yes, they —” The girl stops dead, breathing in sharply. She’d forgotten about her Pokémon altogether, and having been reminded she’s realized that both of them are right next to her. For a moment she goes utterly still and the duo backs away in tandem, as though anticipating disaster.[break][break]

“What're you fools standing around for?!” Lavinia demands as she whirls on the pair, voice no longer trembling but cracking like a whip. Now she's forgotten their audience, as there’s only so much she can pay attention to with her concern drowning out all the rest. Lavinia clenches her fists, nails burying deep into skin. “If you’re not sensing Chrys here, then get to looking elsewhere! Can’t you two get anything done without being told to?!”[break][break]

Despite her outburst, she knows why they’re standing around. They’re worried about her; and overwhelmed too, no doubt. Between Linus sensing her thoughts and Kalliope her emotions, both are privy to the extent of their Trainer’s desperation in excruciating detail. She hates it. She hates her weaknesses being perceived so fully, even by her dearest partners.[break][break]

Lavinia's shoulders slump and she lets out a sob, fists unclenching. Then she dips her head, long hair hiding her face from view; for all the good that’ll do when they can read her like a damn book. Linus steps forward, but halts when she shakes her head.[break][break]

“It’s not me you should be worried about,” she manages to say, much more softly.[break][break]

Truthfully, Lavinia is a moment away from collapsing and sobbing her heart out — but the knowledge that she’s hampering the search is enough to steel her resolve. She should never have faltered to begin with. Her mother wouldn’t have.[break][break]

“Kalliope,” she calls evenly, head held high. “I want you so far that you can't sense me.” Before the Hatterene protests, she lifts a hand. “Chrys could be anywhere. We need to expand our range, and I’m only a hindrance.” She smiles, just barely. “Oh, and Kalli? If anything irritates you…”[break][break]

She trails off as the Hatterene cries out in eagerness, then promptly obeys. Good girl. Perhaps its violence will grant her catharsis as well, even if she isn’t there to see it. She turns to Linus next, running her fingers through his fur. This will be hard. The Espeon is her support and her alarm system, and she’s almost never without him. Still… If it’s for Chrysante…[break][break]

”You cover the other direction,” is all she says, quietly but decisively. “We can’t waste your power on sensing every silly little Pokémon right now. I’ll manage, Linus. Now go.”[break][break]

Rather than watch him leave she turns to Katharina, only for her heart to lurch upon seeing the Xatu on the other's head. Isn’t that, like, unhygienic in their line of work? Oh, and speaking of his work — what is he on about — Lavinia stares, incredulous.[break][break]

“You can’t be serious,” she replies harshly, the steel in her gaze sharp enough to cut. “Grievous? These are scratches, nothing more.” With a dismissive scoff, she walks right past Katharina and doesn’t halt as she goes on, “I get that you’re a nurse, but we’re racing against the clock here. No one’ll blame you if I get infected, and that's a small price to pay for Chrys' well-being.”[break][break]

The next words are almost an afterthought: “Besides, I deserve punishment for this.”

50 MP showcase your character's strengths (decisive, conscientious).[break]
50 MP have your character cast doubt on another's judgement.[break]
50 MP have your character make a sacrifice.[break]
50 MP have your character's Pokemon represent their condition.[break]
50 MP showcase a moment between your character and their Pokemon.

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

ema

ms catastrophe, mehl
she/he/they/any
august 15
pinwheel forest, unova
lesbian
pokécenter nurse
civilian
awards
93 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katharina
Katharina Strophe
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2024 20:40:49 GMT
Katharina Strophe Avatar
It seems like the teen is more fractured and scattered than Katharina has first anticipated. And she is far from complacent as Lavinia commands her pokémon, or snaps at them rather. The nurse doesn't raise her voice at this, merely looks at the other with a barely raised eyebrow as she assesses Lavinia in the peace of not being perceived at the moment. Wonders if there's anything to do except helping the search come along, with Teein being able to quickly blink in and out of existence at many places, even if ... unwanted ones at times. Her psychic abilities are strong, still, so even a brief moment should be enough to sense if there's anyone befitting the description.

Kat does wonder what that comment about sensing pokémon might be ... but probably just something about not wanting to be surprised.

Refusing treatment is something that they do see rather often in their line of work, so there isn't even an exasperated sigh at Lavinia's harsh refusal, until the last words. "What the," Kat whispers under her breath, inaudible, as she actually halts for a moment, letting Lavinia get ahead of them for a couple of steps, before regaining themself. At least Zuzu's fairly strong to carry the kit on his own for a bit, too, so they quickly jog up. "No, you don't," Katharina retorts decisively with a frown, "Besides, I think Chrys won't be too happy to see your face all scratched up," she says matter-of-fact-ly, walking ahead of Lavinia now with a short sprint to subtly slow her down by standing half in her way. "And we don't know what'll happen out here. Any wound treated is a win for the future, really."

Maybe, there's a hint of exhaustion that they share with Zuzu as he brings up the rear. As they're both primarily nurses, they share the same sentiment regarding Lavinia ... and the Audino looks ready to start the treatment whenever, looking carefully at the teen's state should there be anything else bruised - any irregularity in step, anything.

Kat however quickly bats the exhaustion away, and instead asks "When did she go missing? She probably didn't manage to go too far, so we can limit the range, too. Stand still for a moment - everything will be okay. Chrys sort of has a way, I got that feeling from our encounter. And, breathe, take a deep breath," Kat adds, now grabbing both of Lavinia's shoulder with gentle force and a vice grip if needed, and comes to a halt.

"Chrys is fine."

50 MP have your character's Pokemon symbolize or represent in some way, the condition of your character. (zuzu and kat in nurse mode)
50 MP have your character directly or indirectly spotlight another writer's character's strengths. (from before: triggering lavi's organising of her pokémon for the search for chrys)

close tab

played by

ranya

lavi, attie
she/her
Nineteen
July 2
Petalburg City, Hoenn
pansexual
Aspiring scientist
Civilian
dangerous
5'5'' / 165 cm height
5'5'' / 165 cm height
awards
11 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lavinia
Lavinia Kubrick
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2024 4:28:16 GMT
Lavinia Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

The nurse counters her with the same firm decisiveness as before, and Lavinia realizes that she has no idea what they actually think of her. It doesn't matter; or, at least, it shouldn't matter at a time like this. It unnerves her just the same, and whereas Lavinia was reassured by their manner before she's disconcerted now — that, and insulted.[break][break]

“What the hell do you mean I don't?” The girl speaks harshly even as her voice falters. “Of course I do! They're only fourteen — I'm responsible for them, and I failed —” At the word failed Lavinia breaks off abruptly, swallowing. She's had enough of displaying her vulnerabilities openly, thank you very much. Gathering herself as quickly as she fell apart, she dismisses the topic with a brusque wave. “Let's stick to what you know about, Kat.”[break][break]

It's simultaneously a jab at them and the closest she can come to acquiescence. Though her pride is hurt, arguing further will waste more time — and Katharina has a point about her sibling's reaction to her state.[break][break]

She nods at the Audino in quiet surrender, though every muscle in her body is protesting against being treated by a freaking Pokémon. Yet admitting to her fear isn't an option, and besides she'd be hard pressed to find a creature more inoffensive than this pastel, floppy-eared... thing. It's just the sort of Pokémon her little sister would love; the thought makes Lavinia want to bawl.[break][break]

Instead she takes a shaky breath and lets her eyes slide shut. This'll be easier if she doesn't look. “Just... Be quick about it,” she mutters, hands clenching and unclenching. Cold sweat trickles down the nape of her neck. “And, uh. Thanks, I guess.”[break][break]

She's doing an awful job of appearing put together. If she keeps this up, they'll end up diagnosing her with a disease. Maybe she she should say she has a disease, that she suffers from severe Audinitis, but of course Katharina is a freaking nurse. He'll know that's bullshit. Ugh, why couldn't he be a random civilian, a gardener or something, who just so happens to own an Audino?[break][break]

In the next moment Lavinia forgets about the Pokémon, eyes cracking open only for her to squeeze them shut immediately, lest she see the stupid thing in her face. “Chryssy's been missing for... Half an hour, I think, but with how often she walks she could have gotten far. What she has is an absurd amount of sheer dumb luck,” there's no bite to the words for once, “and that can't last forever. Especially not here.”[break][break]

Lavinia does breathe, just not in the manner she was asked to, gasping when something touches her — oh, thank goodness, it's the human. Exhaling, she realizes it's in her best interest to look since these two are not being quick about this. Then she thinks of those huge blue irises (it doesn't even have pupils!) up close and keeps her own eyes firmly shut. “Look, I appreciate the reassurance, but can you get on with this?”

50 MP have your character be injured by another's pokemon.

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

ema

ms catastrophe, mehl
she/he/they/any
august 15
pinwheel forest, unova
lesbian
pokécenter nurse
civilian
awards
93 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katharina
Katharina Strophe
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2024 20:18:56 GMT
Katharina Strophe Avatar
Katharina can clearly see a teen struggling with suffocating expectations, even if Lavi might not really be aware of it herself - or even too bothered in any other situation, frankly. His expression both softens and hardens at the words, weighing how to take a firm stance on the other not having failed when in her rational mind, every logic would lead to this. The jab brings irritation, but she can't really get angry over it. "It's alright, Lavinia," they eventually reassure, out of their depths as they do not know how to deal with it - that's a case for a therapist that will probably never see Lavinia as patient, if Kat can make any guesses.

At last, however, Lavinia agrees to being treated - the nurse hopes that it might also be a moment for them to calm down, but now that they think about it, it could very much also result in the opposite. Well, she will do her damnest to keep Lavinia from spiralling while she can help it. "You're welcome," she replies to the thanks with a grin, attempting to lighten the mood, just to notice that the other doesn't see it. "I'll grab the things I'll need and get going," Katharina then narrates her doings, before also adding another question for Lavinia to focus while Zuzu opens up the kit and grabs the disinfection alcohol and bandaids, while Katharina puts on sterile one-use gloves and small pads.

She nods along, smiling faintly at Lavinia's clear fondness for Chrysanthe. Then, she snorts a faint laugh at Lavinia's impatience. "I've got everything now, and it'll be over in a flash." Wartime more than anything has taught her to be quick about treatments. However, being so close also makes her stop for one moment, looking at Lavinia with a frown in her face ... there seems to be something else wrong, with how much of a sudden discomfort she's showing. But they'd better get those scratches cleaned first, before the teen changes her mind again.

"It can sting a little," Katharina announces before cleaning out the cuts and scratches in Lavinia's waves with firm strokes, taking hold of her chin lightly to gently move her face this way and that. "Zuzu, a SU-04 Heal Pulse, and then hand me the bandaids," he tells his Audino, who nods with an affirmative coo. The Heal Pulse subtly touches Lavinia, helping along with healing up some of the smaller scratches while also having the small additional effect of refreshing Katharina as well.

"Putting on the bandaid on one nasty one here, and we're good to go." Katharina removes the gloves from her hands and gives them Zuzu who puts everything back together. She pats the normal type on the head with a smile, "Thanks, buddy," before turning back to Lavinia.

"Feel any presence of your pokémon returning yet?"

50 MP have an antagonistic exchange of dialogue between your character and another writer's character or NPC. (also from previous post, the argument about guilt)
50 MP showcase your own character's weakness(es) meaningfully. (can't even imagine pokémon-phobia as a pokécenter nurse)
50 MP showcase a meaningful moment between your character and their Pokemon. (treating lavi together with zuzu)
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP