kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2019 1:39:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"aren't you excited about this?"

the road to the endgame was unpredictable, and that's what makes it worth watching. he knows of mateo, and while he knows this will end well eventually, the fun part of this was on the process of getting there. it was probably wrong to take pleasure in the misfortune of others, but at least he has an excuse this time.

he positioned themselves just behind noelle, a direction he knows mateo won't be able to look at directly, though they were still a distance away that the pair won't be able to notice them but still within the earshot of the conversation.

"look, we're just trying to see if all that training paid off," he tells to the girl beside him after having helped the head of the clan prepare for this date. "it's not like i'm doing this for fun."

he is though.

the first of the smiles in his expression comes with the initial compliment. the stuttering and the eventual descent of the volume of his voice was the reaction he wanted.

@bryony
mission
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2019 1:50:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony doesn't want to be here. Like, really doesn't want to be here. But she's a weakling and her spine is about as firm as jelly and so here she is.

"Sure."

She is not excited about this. She has an overwhelming pit of dread that's taken up the expanse of her chest and stomach. Training was uncomfortable enough. Now this? Bryony shoots him a look, one that clearly suggests she doesn't believe him. He is definitely doing this for fun and maybe because Noelle had a point about that one time she suggested Kyle was in love with Mateo.

Watching Mateo flounder is endearing. Bryony picks at the hem of her dress from under the table, body hunched forward in something akin to a sulk. "This is an invasion of privacy you know," she mutters. "And Noelle will be really upset if we ruin their date."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2019 4:55:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his choice of clothing clearly contrast hers. both of them were starting to get attention, especially with the way she's acting, as if he was forcing her to do this against her will. it was most likely the case. he's too absorbed in this situation for him notice the shifty eyes at them, however.

"we're just coincidentally going the same route as them, and we're being considerate by maintaining distance between them and us. if they notice and ask, we can say we're also on a date or something. no invasion of privacy there, hmm?"

he didn't plan much, but he knows how to think of excuses and loopholes when he puts his mind onto it. while he is rarely confident about his skills, his ability to reason his way out of a situation was one thing he practiced his entire life. he'll put it to use right here if they manage to get caught, which won't happen.

"are you not curious how this'll end? even a little bit?" he asks, turning to bryony. his excitement was clear on his expression. "as the future best man and maid of honor, we have the responsibility to make sure this goes well." the fact that this was an excuse was also clear for anyone that knows of him.

@bryony

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 13:46:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony winces at the suggestion they're also on a date, already imagining exactly how Noelle and Mateo would act. Noelle would be excited, she imagines, and Mateo would probably start some sort of fight because he's already shown distress over how Kyle apparently influences her.

"Do you um - really think they'll get married?" she asks, twisting her hands together. Bryony's gaze flickers towards the pair only to see them on the move. Without giving it much thought, she stands and looks to Kyle.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 14:06:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle takes note of bryony's reaction, though he tries to play it off as he has not noticed. he already accepted that he's not date material and that he'll most likely die alone. trying not to call it out, he simply gives her a shrug with his shoulders and a sly curve of his lips.

"i mean, if you think about it, noelle's pretty persistent about it and mateo's too soft so he'll probably give in to her sooner or later," his gaze goes back to where the pair were. "she probably just needs to find the right buttons to push, to be honest."

he jolts as he sees them weave through the crowds and go straight to a direction, mateo seemingly more eager than he expected him to be. this was bad. this was completely off of what his expectations for this date to happen, but at least this was good development.

"we're losing them, bry." he motions to them with a jerk of his head. "we're following!" grabbing bryony's hand, he'd change his pace to match hers. kyle loses the stealth and beelines for their targets, though he still kept distance.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 14:19:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He's right. It's an inevitablity, isn't it? Kyle doesn't give her much time to lament before his hand has taken hers. Her fingers curl tightly around his palm and she follows after, trying to move quick in an effort to keep with Kyle - even if he's trying to keep up with her. It's not long before she's pink faced and trying to not show how obviously out of breath she is.

"Did you - " Bryony sucks a breath in " - find them? Again?"

They've at least made it to the fairgrounds. An explosion of carnival music and children yelling fills the air.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 14:31:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he stops when bryony speaks, turning to her once to make sure she's still well and alive, and then back to the scene in front of her. for people with such bright colors for their hair, kyle had difficulty locating them from among the crowd. he gives it a good three to four seconds before he gives up, shaking his head. "no," he answers.

turning to her, he asks, "wanna take a break?"

he nudges her to the direction of the nearby cafe within the fair grounds. the location was just near the entrance and people haven't crowded it yet since it was still the start of the day. glass panes also constitute part of its walls, allowing them to see if mateo and noelle have both passed by while they were in there.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 17:30:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony hesitates, certain he's asking out of pity rather than any actual interest in taking a break. She folds her lips together then, shoulders sagging, gives a nod. "That would be nice. We can um, go find them after. They'll probably be playing games."

She lets Kyle lead. Bryony gives a cursory look to the menu before she places her order. "A milk tea with boba, please and um - " she murmurs, tilting her head to Kyle. From her purse, she reaches for her wallet while waiting for him to order.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2019 17:51:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"games, huh?" he ponders on the thought. "i haven't played carnival games for a while." most of the ones he plays are the virtual kind, and while there's a distinct difference between the two, he enjoys both variants. he returns to her with a satisfied smile. "sure. i like that."

he guides both of them to the table nearest the glass windows where they get a clear view of the outside. someone arrives to take their orders. bryony goes first with hers, and then him. "caramel frappuccino," he continues the sentence without missing a beat. there was a pause, before he continues. "and fries, please."

eyes would notice bryony, raising a brow at her. "bry," he calls her. "my treat." he then hands the payment before she could object. it was only fair, he supposed, since he was the one who brought her here.

he places his arm on the tabletop and rests his cheek on it, leaning his head to the side. "bry, are you having fun in hoenn?" he asks her as soon as the employee leaves them.

@bryony

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2019 1:53:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Kyle gives her no choice in the matter and Bryony is forced to put her money away and pout. "Thank you," she mumbles, more sulky sounding than she means to be. Her gaze follows the employee as they go to make the drinks. The question redirects her focus back to Kyle.

"Huh?"

She blinks and then smiles, offering a nod.

"A lot of fun! There's so much to see and do here. And my parents aren't constantly watching over my shoulder and no one is constantly babying me -- " The words spill out before she can stop them. Bryony looks away, hands folding together at her stomach.

"I mean - it's very nice here. With everyone. Wh-what about you? Do you like it here?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2019 8:58:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle watches her as she gushes. his eyes never leaves her, cracking a smile as he is entertained by the sudden change of tone with the way she words her statement.

"you should speak your mind more," he blurts out when she suddenly ends her sentence midway. "like, the first part of your answer. along with the smile and all." the way she talks sometimes makes him feel like she's just saying things that people want to hear. he'd also call out her passive-aggressiveness sometimes, but he won't.

there's a certain surprise that hits him when the question is returned back to him. he should have expected it though, since that's how most conversations went.

"of course. it's not new and interesting after, like, eighteen years or so of living here, but i still like it. everyone coming here kinda makes things amusing again though." he muses on a thought. "i suppose johto's the same for you, yeah?" then again, everyone in the group was from johto, so she doesn't get to feel that 'reset' of sorts.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2019 12:07:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony's face burns red until even her ears are left pink. She can offer nothing in response besides an aversion of her eyes and another small smile.

"Maybe," she murmurs. Johto had been confined to Blackthorne City. In the end, it had only been her and Noelle left there. Noelle because of her duties as the dragon priestess and Bryony because of her own health and the constant overbearing pressure from her parents. "I've never seen Johto. Only where we lived. I'd like to - some day."

Their drinks are passed to them. Bryony grabs hers and turns on her heel towards the door.

"I don't think Mateo or anyone else really cares much about it, though. At least - not enough to see it again." She toys with the straw and gives a small shrug.

"Thinking about it, Noelle probably tried to drag Mateo to the ferris wheel. It'd let her be in a small enclosed space with him."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
trip [m]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2019 17:24:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"...and mateo's too weak to refuse that." he takes a sip of his drink and then returns to bryony. "good thinking, detective evren. let's go."

following bryony, he walks out as well, continuing the conversation as their feet settled on a nice uniform pace.

"you're not missing much from johto, to be honest. most of it's just a quiet countryside." not that he didn't like it. though he didn't expect himself to like it, the region has grown on him. "well, you're still returning to blackthorn someday, right? i got you once you do. i'll show you the nice places that aren't included on sightseeing tours."

the smile on his face says he's quite proud of the list he's made during his time on johto. kyle was an outsider of the region, someone who sees it without the bias of nostalgia. his opinion on the matter weighs more than someone who does. he sometimes wonder what his opinion on hoenn would be if he wasn't raised there.

the stalking continues as they wander to their destination.

@bryony