6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 18:34:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a weirdly determined expression was worn by the ranger. up ahead of him was his mightyena, waiting for his trainer to catch up while he wags his tail incessantly. behind him, however, were two other people who had been following him even when he insisted of being alone while doing this... thing. it wasn't work or a request, so kyle wasn't really sure how to classify what he was doing right now.

in the end, he couldn't stand being tailed and confronted them. his mightyena had long found them, but kyle just tried to ignore them.

he stops for a moment and then turns to noelle. "did you really want to join me in this?" he remembered the last time he brought her on one of these kinds of escapades, and she did not seem to like what she saw. he turns to mateo afterwards. "...and i didn't know you were interested in dead people too."

he wasn't sure if they were aware of his intentions behind his sudden trip to the woods, but he makes no assumptions.

kyle heaves a sigh as he continues to trek through shrubbery and vines and thick tree roots on the ground. they were going to continue their conversation while they walk, he supposed. every second was precious at this point when it's been more than twenty-four hours since the child was last spotted.

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2019 1:42:42 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
As far as noelle was concerned, they were as stealthy as stealth could be. seriously, there was absolutely no way kyle knew they were there. she occasionally sent thumbs up and idiotic smiles and grins to mateo, as if trying to assure them that they were in the green. just as she had began to tiptoe around a tree to continue tailing after the man though, he turned, addressing them both, and causing the pinkette to nearly fall as she sputtered. "H-huh?! Unfair- unfair. You weren't supposed to see us!" She whined loudly, sighing a few times, before crossing her arms.

while, yes, the sight of that bloody, crumpled body last time did put her on edge, she...was positive she could do it this time!...maybe? hopefully? "what sort of friend would i be to let you do this all alone? what if you get taken or something?! what if we never see you again?! at least if we die, we die together!" she sounded pretty proud of her little 'friendship' speech as her arms crossed over her chest. "i'm not leaving." she finally stated firmly. maybe this was secretly some sort of test of courage for her as well, or, maybe she wanted to make it up to him for being virtually useless during their last mission together. who knew.

either way, she swiftly hurried on after him, determined not to get left behind. "mateo, hurry up!" 
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2019 2:28:47 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

he didn't even want to do this. he had better things to do then this. it wasn't until they were caught that the cat was out of the bag.

pinching the bridge of his nose, he wondered why did he come along for this ride. "of all the things we could be doing." mateo would catch up to the pair. standing behind with a look of boredom. he wasn't exactly sure what noelle was on a spiel about, but he didn't know the full on details. this was his day off, sadly he didn't see himself spending his free time on this.

"i doubt this walking mutt and his pack would die." ghosts weren't real. mateo never saw one before, so he had full doubt toward their existence. but that didn't mean those around him shared his exact same thoughts. "since you've figured us out, mind tellin' us where the hell you're going?"

a hand was placed atop of 's head. "this ball of dragon fire was too eager and worried about you. i tried to tell her you had this, but..." massaging the nape of his neck, a sigh escaped his maw. "i'm guessing this is about that pied piper case?"

note: idk what i wrote. just making convo.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2019 17:25:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, i don't mind if you come along, i guess. it's your time that's being wasted anyways." he turns to noelle once more as he says it. "and i'll remember to invite you the next time slateport or verdanturf gets invaded."

the reason for the unnecessary trip comes to the topic. "y-yeah." there had been a few recorded cases before, though they usually come off as urban myths for most people. he knew this particular case wasn't, however. "i can't just leave that child alone when i learned about it, you feel me?"

he continues to trek through the thicker parts of the woods. kyle gets his mightyena to trim the vegetation with ice fang, freezing the plant's cells and then breaking them off once they're fragile enough.

kyle stops as soon as he reaches a point. two other mightyena were waiting for them, eyeing a camp of sorts. a dip on the ground, hidden within the brambles and the trees, suggested a nest of a pokemon underneath an underground tunnel of sorts. this was only the entrance, but if his dogs say they scented their target here, kyle would trust in them.

"this is it, i guess."

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2019 0:57:07 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
"h-huh?! no i wasn't - no i wasn't! ack - shut up!" noelle protested with a flustered blush and cross of her arms. worried about kyle? her? bah! although, she did visibly pale at the mention of aiding during a raid, and aside from another low huff, she surprisingly didn't say anything.

nodding in agreement, she offered a small smile. "well, good thing you have 'teo and my support, right?" watching as the ferns were frozen and parted, revealed an ominous looking 'camp', with an even more eerie entrance. sensitive to the changes in the wind, the feeling the priestess got from the place was numbing. how were they going to approach this? the sun was still out, so the hypno likely weren't too active but...they couldn't be too reckless if there were really hostages down there. unfortunately, her strong suite was usually 'brutal and destructive' and so...

"...all up to you, kyle buddy!"
she gave him a grin and a thumbs up, "don't let mateo make a decision, he might get the hostages hurt." she halfway whispered in a playful taunt.
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2019 1:24:42 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
talk about annoying.

"to see you taking on a case like this is out of the ordinary..." normally this is something mateo would be more willing to do. but he didn't have the necessities to hunt down a hidden enemy. the fact kyle was planning to do this on his own is astonishing, "well, i can't fault you." winding up his arm a grin would form. "i'm pretty enthusiastic about this!" too bad he didn't have his cape and left it back home.

it was hero time. as they hid together with kyle, he'd look to noelle, and said, "don't get in our way, airhead. this is official league business, if anything you're our backup!" an index finger was thrown her way, "don't get in our way, noe!!" and then to kyle, he'd say with a growl, "you got a game plan, dog boy?" he asked, ready to call out a member of his team at the drop of a hat.

note: idk what i wrote. just making convo.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2019 18:20:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, sure," he dismissively agrees to noelle.

he probably didn't need their support for locating the missing person, but he'd rather not jinx it. the sense of gratitude brings a smile on his face even when words cannot express it. he lets himself ease up, knowing that he can take it easy now since there will be people he can share the blame with in case something goes wrong.

turning to mateo, he grabs one of the dogs by their torso and picks them up. "make a racket outside of their home, lure them out, and then these doggies can go find that child for us." he drops the mightyena and then picks the strands of its fur off from his clothes. "they're wild pokemon. how hard can it be?"

very rarely do wild pokemon make smart decisions on their own. kidnapping probably was already one of the smartest moves they can do. kyle, however, was still wary enough not to just go in guns blazing.

"does that sound good?"

@tags
close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2019 7:07:21 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
"w-wha?!" The pinkette protested with a look of dismay. Don't...get in their way? Official league business...? Backup!? She was the one who suggested they both help this bozo in the first place! why was she getting placed on the bench!? her arms crossed over her chest, a small, complaining grumble beginning to stir from her lips as she sulked.

for a moment, the woman stayed off to the side, letting the men converse and plan whilst she continued to fume and pout. however, in that moment, something chancelor had said to her long ago popped up in her mind. if someone was ever telling her she couldn't do something, then...what was it...'fuck em' and do it anyways?' or something like that. she was pretty sure there'd been an innuendo somewhere in there...

but, she admired the young mcqueen. and, certainly, advice like that would help in a situation like this. maybe it'd prove to mateo that she wasn't just a pretty wife, but, a capable one!

without consulting the other two, a flash of light revealed her hydreigon. "let em' hear us roar!" she commanded. with that, the dark dragon let out a screeching, explosive hyper voice. it rattled the forest around them, the ground before it exploding where the blast had hit, sending dirt flying. that was a good enough racket, right?

"...you're welcome!" 
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2019 8:11:44 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
smart idea!

mateo nodded repeatedly. understanding his plan, replying, "got it--" it wasn't until the sound of a pokeball's emergence took his attention. a hydreigon, then, uttered a loud cry. "what the hell?!" he'd cover his ears, falling on his back from the sudden trio-headed dragon's screech. damn that reckless girl, that was his trope!

"you idiot, what the hell is wrong with you?!" he'd begin to place her within a choke-hold, growling in the process. but that would come to a halt once the many wild pokemon gathered. scattering to check the perimeter in order to pinpoint the origin of that sudden war-cry. "oh...would you look at that."

note: >:I

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2019 11:25:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
eyes widened at her move. he'd shout at her, but doing that wasn't very nice. it also would've been drowned by the hyper voice, so there's also that.

kyle darts straight to the ditch while the move was ongoing, heading in without a second thought. the mightyena followed, all of them surprised by their trainer's actions. the trio of dark-type eventually takes the lead and directs their trainer to their goal.

the attack's effect on the victim they were trying to locate worried the ranger. on hindsight, maybe he should've told either noelle or mateo about what their true objective was.

at the very least, numbers of hypno come out at a different entrance than the one kyle went in. they all surround mateo and noelle, angry and berserked, threatening them with potential psychic attacks.

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2019 4:50:52 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
"hey, hey - dummy, i helped!" swinging a leg back to kick him in the shin as they began their usual...whatever this was, noelle halted from doing so as the psychic pokemon began to emerge. they looked angry...but, they were out here, at least! she gave mateo a smug look. "you're welcome," she repeated once more, before turning to stare at the psychic kidnappers.

"hey, where's kyle?" briefly, she was worried that he might've gotten blown back and hurt from her dragon's attack. had she killed kyle? but, she doubted the man would die that easily. yea, he was fine. plus, they needed to focus on the task at hand; which meant not getting their brains melted by the infuriated psychic pokemon.

"cover my back, k? thanks!" she waved to mateo with a smile before turning her sights back onto the hypno. a couple attempted to use psychic on the menacing dragon, possibly to tear it from limb to limb with their overwhelming mental ability. unfortunately, it had no effect, as the outline of pink that coated the hydreigon disappeared with a shake and snort from the destructive beast.

"go ahead, use crunch on them - watch your flanks though, don't get overwhelmed!" the dragon rushed forward with a crunch, its main head taking one by the throat, whilst its hand mouths found their own targets, delivering lesser, but still super effective, attacks onto their target.

she decided to realize one more pokemon; her drapion. he appeared in a flash, invigorated by the look of the battlefield, she didn't need to give the poison/dark type courage to fight, as he rushed forward on his own in a pursuit attack. "There's one behind you - and to your side," she called out in alarm to him. But, the flexible pokemon merely turned his upper body 360 degrees to stare the hypno in the eye, shrugging off the psybeam and sending it flying with an iron tail to the face.

b/cus ik u two are lazy af, last 2 paras is battle detail u dont need 2 read.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2019 5:29:57 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
there went tweedle dee; whereas, sadly, he was left with tweedle dum.

with kyle having departed from the duo. they were left to clean up his mess. "i'm gonna tear him a new asshole for this, fuckin' idjit!" shouting his anger and cries to the heavens. his irritable screaming could be heard from nearly miles away. that was just how upset and annoyed he was.

"flygon, dragonite!" with his team summoned. the duo would go off to combat against the psychic-types. together, with noelle, they'd leave the heroic duty to kyle. though, it wasn't like they had a choice. so for the time being they'd deal with the mediums. but once they were done they'd be sure to follow behind after.

note: go, go, power rangers.

@open
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2019 8:59:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the mightyena were able to find their target quickly and in the least amount of time possible, having trained most of their puphood for moments like these. the child was at a state of comatose, unconscious and weak, but she was alive at least. he wasn't sure if the bruises were already there or if they were from noelle's reckless assault, however.

kyle carries her in front of him with a hand to support her head and an arm to support her weight. his head was still ringing from jumping into the hyper voice, though he easily shrugs it off. crimson liquid trickled from his ears, but minor details like that were ignored by kyle. it'll be a while before his ears properly recover their hearing, he supposed.

he gets out as quick as he got in, head peering to where the chaos was happening. while they seemed to enjoy the fight, kyle has to remind them that there were more pressing matters to attend to. "oi!" his voice unusually loud, thanks to his loss of hearing affecting his judgement on the volume he outputs. "i need one of you to come here and get her to the hospital asap!"

he would have ditched them if he could, though he had no pokemon with him at the moment that could constitute as a proper transport.

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2019 8:21:44 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
it was hard to miss kyle's shout - given how loud it was. which was...sort of her fault. she'd.. apologize for it later. maybe bake him a cake or something.

either way, she quickly looked over at mateo, giving him a little nod. "dragonite's the fastest flyer here, right? that means you're the 'chosen one'," she turned back towards the few remaining hypno, "i'll clear out the rest of these guys. kyle, you back me up, okay? thanks!" with that, her hydreigon and drapion once again sprung into action with dealing with the rest of the remaining hypno. what they'd do with them after defeat, she was positive kyle could shed more light on that, given that he was a ranger and all.

"be careful, sweetie!"
she gave mateo one last farewell. 

// i literally bs'ed this post but here u go hehe
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
lullaby [m]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2019 16:16:33 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
mateo, turning to noelle, shouted, "what?!" a ringing still buzzing within his ears. he'd come to look toward kyle's sudden arrival, a child in tow. he wasn't sure what was going on, but he felt he'd been volunteered for something. "h-hey, don't volunteer us for things!" but she wasn't wrong. a groan followed at her final words as he ran over, alongside dragonite, to aid kyle.

he'd take hold of the child in need of urgent care. "you guys better bring your asses, aye! we're out!" he called out to his pokemon. dragonite and company following as they were off in search of the nearest urgent care facility. the mission a success, mateo would await for the pair to finish cleaning up the rest within the nearest facility.

note: fin.

@open