awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 18:35:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]surely you can make do without one pokemon. 

he is her heart and her soul and her strength, and yet she knows that fernando is right. that there are people, that there are pokemon, that she can protect. 

she has already walked through the fires once. she has seen what those monstrosities can do. did she not agree to signing her life away for the cause? did she not vow that she would sacrifice herself--one person, to save the many? 

but cowardice is a disease in her heart and her hands tremble as she sees the monster in front of her again. cleaving bodies in two. crushing children under its feet. destroying hundreds of towns, of families, of lives in seconds. without remorse. 

she thinks, then, for all his strength, and all his power, fernando does not know what it means to truly be afraid. he did not walk into oblivion and come out the other side. 

so she steels herself and she swallows her pride, her sadness, and her anger, and she meets his level gaze. 

"you are my superior now. tell me, councilman silph, what you would have me do with my army."

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 19:00:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] The mental prostration causes his ego to guffaw in outright triumph. Freya will submit, never willingly, never admittedly, that she has no choice but to fall in line with his ideology. It isn't so much that she fall in line with his wants moreso than parallel his mindset. To be correct above all else will push the region into a new age, one which Fernando can find relief in knowing that its denizens will mirror his example. Mental fortitude bears the most powerful foundation and what he needs is a populace that is right to bite back against those that would do it harm.

"Return." A simple answer laden with an unknown intent. "Continue from where you left off but do so with your head up high. Discard whatever baggage you have, whatever fears that made you run away, and present yourself proudly." Fernando smirks, reminiscent of their first walk down League Headquarters.

"It's unbecoming to think the same woman who whispered of coups would be one who ran away from her position of power."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 19:19:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]in fear i find courage and bravery. if they do come back, this time, we will be ready. we ask you to continue to stand with us, to stand by us, and to trust us in these trying times.

it is ages ago that she spoke these words to flashing cameras, a microphone a tool used for good before her. and how often she has thought about that moment, spine tingling with fear, but trusting in her companions, in the fact that good must prevail

she cannot see herself stand before them, to lie to them, to tell them that they will not die under her reign. they will not fall to such monstrosities, because they have their trust. 

she could not protect lyune. 

she grits her teeth. "i've heard the abbiati woman has been made my replacement." her eyes flash. "and you butcher my words, councilman. i sought to work outside the law, not to undermine those who stood at its apex. the people need them."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 21:11:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] The mention of strikes a chord. It's only natural for Freya to inquire about the other sister of Sootopolis. "Indeed. You haven't missed much. Abbiati has been quite tame since moving into office. She does much better in a position of words and meaningless letters than on the battlefield." There's a hidden message there but not one Fernando needs to state explicitly. His impressions are his own and if Freya does not see Olivia in the same light then there's no need to further taint her reputation.

Fernando pulls up his sleeve to look at his wristwatch. There's a Comfey entangled around his wrist, a snug fit for a dormant, sleeping Pokemon. "Words carry a variety of meanings, Freya. Intent is based on the interpretation of the speaker. You'd do well to remember that."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 21:42:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the same wild woman who would hold a false coronation in her name? who would deprecate the nation's champion in front of a crowd of people? who would stand tall, proud, and tumultuous like the sea in the face of her adversary? 

she'd never imagine she'd hear the woman would end up quiet and tame, lame behind her desk job. now that's unbecoming. however, she's genuinely interesting in reaching out to the woman now and catching up on what she's lost. 

she sniffs when he so blatantly checks the time. he wants me to know i'm not worth it. not yet. 

"i still have matters to attend to before my return. i suspect you'll keep this between us until it suits you to do otherwise." she smiles with her teeth. 

"and i won't forget what you've done for me, councilman."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2019 4:39:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "You say that like you know me." There's a pungent amount of sass behind the jest and Fernando returns the gesture with a smirk of his own. Arrogance can be weaponized when the chips belong to the house and he wants her to fold. A lack of notifications on his watch signal that he has plenty of time and he approaches, crossing the gap that protects him from her dragons.

"And that sounds like a threat." His beaming does not diminish despite the fact that he infers no threat from Freya. A bit of it is teasing while Fernando tiptoes around her words and possible meanings. "You said there was more we had to discuss aside from your dragon?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2019 17:15:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]he will not help her. whether it's because he wants to slight her or because he genuinely believes that his resources would be wasted (though she firmly believes it's the latter), the end is all the same. he will not help her and she will not forget this. 

he may not see her as anything more than a pawn, but let him be underwhelmed. let him see her for the frail, broken thing she is. she has beasts at her back and a beast in her heart and she knows what it means to fight in the face of death. 

he crosses to her, flaunting her weaknesses, proving his surety. satisfaction settles. she tucks a lock of black hair behind her ear; silver peeks through at the roots now. she has not dyed it for several days now. 

"i let my responsibilities get in the way of knowing you, but i've all the time in the world for that now, don't i?" she harks another laugh 

"i will return, as you wish," she says. "but let's not discuss it in the abstract. tell me my position. soldier, leader," she starts, raising a brow and adding with a lilted smile, "desk jockey." 

she blinks. "and tell me of what's become of my research with the soul dew."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2019 22:18:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] What a surprising response. Fernando can't help but snicker at her answer, growing into a genuine laugh as he tries to console himself from the bubbling tickle that heaves from his lungs. "Desk jockey," he repeats, contemplative, but only entertaining her little joke. "I doubt that would suit someone like you. You don't take me for the secretary type, Freya. Whatever you end up doing, stick to something you're good at." There's another underlying message behind that comment but Fernando keeps it subtle, more of a suggestion than anything else.

"As for the soul dew." He's yet to look into the artifact himself, only keeping up with it due to it being a recent acquisition. "We've successfully transported it to Lilycove but something set it off. We lent it to one of the Elite Four to investigate."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2019 0:56:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]there was a time a while ago that she fantasized about this. the look in fernando's eyes hints towards the inclination of her old plans. their very first meeting. she hadn't told him the lengths she'd wanted to go, her very reason for wanting to start a covert ops sect of the league. 

emma. 

she had needed a home. still needs a home. she needs a way to do good. 

the thought still sends a shudder wracking through her fragile frame. her dragons move with unease, but still when she calms herself. 

her brows shoot up when he answers her. "set it off?" this could be the help we've been waiting for. 

she purses her lips. "how many pokemon have you brought with you today, councilman?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2019 1:19:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando notices the way Freya trembles and how her dragons reciprocate but he refrains from commenting. Some things are better left unsaid and the last thing he wants to do is put her on edge. The more her emotions bleed into her expression the easier he can read her. Right now, he can't derive anything from it, seemingly spontaneous but notes it regardless.

"I'm not sure the specifics. I've been busy. I'll have a thorough report on it soon though." Not being in the know has always been a pet peeve of his but this time it doesn't bother him. The tides are turning and there's a current. Behind Project Avalon and his standard duties, there's simply too much for Fernando to keep up with it all. His priorities revert back to his original mindset: himself.

The sudden shift in topic is odd and Fernando explicitly shows his confusing, raising an eyebrow at her. "Enough. Why?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2019 1:28:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]his confusion is clear on his face. lyune had been her priority this meeting, but she'd known his agreeing was slim, if at all possible. no, she already has a meeting arranged with because of this anticipated outcome. 

there is a real reason why he's here. and it's terrifying to her, but he must be the one she does this with. because he will show her no mercy.

she reaches back towards her circlet, towards his pokeball. and when she unclasps it, she refuses to show the hesitation that she feels in too-white fingers. the ball is thrown in the air and lyune emerges. 

a rattling hiss rises above the sound of the rest of her dragons and she turns to face the beast as he towers over her, frills fanning in warning. his tail lashes; embers gather in his mouth, sizzling past his fangs. 

and then the fog clears as she stares up at him and he lowers his neck and freya mounts, tosses her cane to the ground. 

"battle me. as we did once before." she gives him a measured stare. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2019 4:51:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Some things never change. Fernando responds in kind, bringing out his Pokemon of choice. "Last time I was being polite. That's not a courtesy you should expect in a real battle." Rather than abide by her rule he opts for his own standard of battling: victory at any cost. While his choice is smaller and arguably less intimidating than Lyune, it'll be the last Pokemon to entertain her challenge.

"Battle routine set."

Fernando's choice in Pokemon is also his anti-aerial unit. His Porygon2 spares no time in scanning the duo, assuming the Salamence to be its opponent. A prompt DOWNLOAD of the Pokemon's information allows the Porygon to adjust its attack pattern appropriately.

"Execute."

If Freya is to join in on the battle alongside her Pokemon then he will too, albeit without taking a spot on the front lines. Fernando's MISTY TERRAIN starts surround him and shielding his Pokemon from any status effects while boosting their raw strength. He doesn't make any further commands, trusting that his Porygon knows what to do. Which, for now, is nothing more than distorting the GRAVITY around them, forcing all Pokemon to stay grounded with the additional weight that makes them less agile and therefore less evasive. Unable to take to the skies, LOCKING-ON to the duo becomes simple.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 3:58:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her arrows had done nothing to pierce the hide of the beast. laced with explosives that went off with a devastating boom, enough to leave a crater scored in the earth--they had been nothing more than gnats to the mouth-beast. 

it had knocked her out of the sky and crippled her strongest dragon in one fell swing. 

she rarely gets the fight she's planning for. 

her legs rest against lyune's side, dangling free of the stirrups that had once bound her to him. because the stone mechanism is still broken. because lyune still isn't able to fly. 

so when gravity bends his wings, when it forces him to stay grounded, freya finds some solace. this is how it must be. a sad smile pulls on thin lips; lyune shifts in discomfort. 

there is a tailwind behind him then, gathering under his heavy body, ballooning under his wings. three other salamence step up from the crowd of dragons; a slimmer one fans his wings. 

lyune is at a stand-still as fernando's fog gathers around him, obscuring him. he raises his head, frills unfurling as he hisses lowly. and slowly, surely, mist gathers around freya. wisps of safeguard wrap around her like a veil, layers folding from several of her defensive units. 

lyune is steadfast and immobile. freya orders he strike. 

it rests on one move. she grips the hardy scales around his neck as he draws it back; his throat swells and the thrumming under her fingers makes her numb. but there's a warmth that spreads through her, that connects them, and she leans into it, knowing that she is just as vulnerable.

that fernando will not care. 

the bright golden ball of condensed energy shudders from lyune's mouth. it blasts from him; his entire body convulses, claws flexing into the ground as he's forced back several inches. freya's teeth rattle. 

the ball bursts in its trajectory and the meteors are tinged purple, bombarding the radius where fernando and his porgyon stand. 

unhinged, uncaring, unthinking. this is why she is not fit to lead. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 6:14:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Freya asks for a battle and her dragons rally behind her. They flock together and help their own when one cannot stand up against their undoubted opponent. She finds power in numbers and it is Fernando who stands alone, relying on only one Pokemon against the combined efforts of her many. Not even a year ago the parallels of the scene would be inverse, a reflection of who they were as trainers and who they are now as combatants. The events of Mossdeep and the Aqua Summer Festival have molded them into something more, a growth that reflects their standings and viewpoints on the world.

The sky is set ablaze in a demonstration of power. Some habits die hard and Fernando reaches for a Pokeball with each hand. All it takes is a little tap to unleash the Pokemon inside. Meteors plummet from the sky and the shrapnel of the original blast cascade his side of the field. It carpet bombs him in a feverish volley that looks to drive back anything he can bring out. Each piece juts through the MISTY TERRAIN and once they disappear behind the fairy dust their impact is mitigated, power cut in half. Even so, their impact clambers with a heavy thud, smoke wafting up from upturned debris rendered asunder from the devastating strike. Only his silhouette shows from the murky shroud.

When it settles what's left in his path is the shimmering barrier of his Glalie and Tapu Fini's PROTECT. Together, they stand, obstinate against the filtered attack. Tapu Fini's MISTY SURGE funnels around the Pokmone like a mortal coil, weaponized into a spiraling mass of raw energy. The power of Alola pulses with a radiant sheen, stockpiled into a single entity ready to lay judgement upon those that stand in the way of the Alolan avatar.

Fernando's gaze is unfaltering, steady with a vindictiveness ready to punish Freya for standing against him. "Now is your chance, Freya. Now is your chance to prove to me, show me that your strength is something I need, something that can stand against me."

The sound of his teeth grinding against each other are silent, overshadowed by the sound of energy pooling in his fist, reeled back moments before he plunges it forward and towards Freya's direction. Fernando's actions are mirrored by the giant that eclipses him, a medium for the GUARDIAN OF ALOLA that brings forth the gales of Alola to batter their enemies. Fairy energy radiates between the whirling winds, coming down to crash at not only Freya and Lyune but also the rest of her dragons who are out and exposed to the elements of the artificial weather. Like a hurricane, the attack will sweep over anything in its path, saturating them with a flood of fairy essence.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 18:28:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]he has the power of a god at his side. and he stands before him, towering with the silhouette of another worldly being. and she looks up, fingers tightening, rage surging through her. but she feels no fear. because beneath the mirage, she can still see the outline of a man. 

dust flurries scatter over her dragons and they writhe, spitting and hissing as the fairy wind burns their sides. but they stand strong, proud, as they're buffeted by the wind. 

safeguard veils stretch wanly across her front lines, wrapping around her salamence, protecting her strongest. she is whispering in lyune's ear as fernando's hulking form readies its attack. 

and lyune's enraged snarls devolve into a series of clicks, of tail flicks, growls. the tailwind subsides and a purple sphere stretches around lyune's form, bracing him against the bulk of fernando's attack. 

it sweeps over her dragons, felling the weakest in one hit. half of them crumble; the weakest of her salamence go down. and the surge of fairy energy breaks through her draconicly-manifested protect, striking lyune at his breast. and it catches her too, and the air is stolen from her. lungs expand and expel dust and she doubles over, gasping, grasping. 

the safeguard that had moved its priority bursts as the lumbering shape of a tyrantrum charges past her, flanked by her eldest kommo-o. the two dragons roar in a way that shakes the stalactites above them as they throw themselves without mercy at the avatar. 

both on their last legs, her tyrantrum strikes with a glowing red tail, burning, blazing with the stored power of fernando's last attack. its bided time will not be in vain. orion follows suit with an endeavor in an attempt to bring the guardian to his knees, and drag him down with him. 

and lyune sways and steps forward, because freya knows that this assault will not be enough. she could send the rest of her standing army towards him and he will fell them with a cold calculation. 

and still, still she urges her salamence, her partner, onward. his teeth are bared and his body is glowing and there is a pain deep inside of him that she feels, too, as he evolves. razor-sharp wings expand and he rockets forward, gathering wind beneath him despite the effects of the porygon's gravity.

flames gather in his mouth, burning blue from the intensity, from the heat, and blast towards their foe; electricity crackles, snapping around them, as both dragon and trainer scream for blood.