awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 16:35:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]it is on the back of calcifer that she returns. it is at night, new moon, pitch black. only calcifer's blazing tail gives her away, but she could be anyone. she is that: just anyone. 

when she lands atop the crow's nest, she finds her father waiting. and tears are streaming down his face and he is telling her how he's been waiting, for months, for her to return. and tears slick down her own cheeks and she can't find the words and guilt wells up in her and she hands him lyune's ball and tells him she's sorry, she's so sorry she couldn't protect them. 

her mother is stone-faced in disbelief, but they share a meal together that night. (she still can't stomach much.)

and in the morning, she asks them not to say anything. sootopolis can't know of her return. not yet. not before she knows what to say. 

she needs guidance. and yet is still silent, is still missing. her frustration wells. days pass. she stays in contact with . (she must. she can't do this without her. not anymore.)

hair still blackened by her own hands, she still doesn't recognize herself in the mirror. but her cheeks start to fill, eyes start to lose their haggard haziness. 

she picks up the phone and dials a familiar number, knows he'll pick up. 

"i think it's time we talked. when can you be in sootopolis?"

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 18:38:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando recognizes the number and puts little importance on the contact name listed. Freya Morningstar is irrelevant, a relic of the past that's left behind by the constant ebb and flow of current events. The Tentacruel mission may have only been a few months ago, crisp on the tail end of summer, but politically it's been forever. With Stone out of the picture and on vacation, Fernando's position has been solidified on the merit of outlasting his colleagues. Freya's position as the council's wild card and potential disruption against is no longer needed.

Freya is no longer needed.

Still, Fernando answers because the megalomaniac can always use another piece on the chessboard. There are never enough resources to sate his appetite and for her to reach out to him shows a pressing need tfor him that he'd be foolish to ignore. Exploitation comes from vulnerability and Fernando smiles to himself when he hears her voice.

"Of course, Freya. I'll be there immediately."

Immediately isn't soon enough and Fernando takes his time finishing up his current meeting. He reminds @lenora to clear out the remainder of his schedule before making the venture out to Sootopolis. Between Freya, , and , perhaps it's better to demolish the city and start anew. The women of Sootopolis are either foolhardy or absolutely brilliant. Then again, perhaps Persephone is the exception.

Perhaps.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 19:37:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]these months have tested her, broken her. she is still half-whole and she cannot hide it. he gives her no time frame, no reference for how he will arrive, nevermind when. 

she expects this. 

she does not anticipate any sort of pity, nor does she want it. tries her best not to show it, but she can feel it. fernando's presence will be refreshing. 

still, she feels uneasy. she does not know if she's up to mind games, to quick wordplay. he will see her weakness and he will use her if she has anything to give. but still her desperation has driven her to this.

when he arrives, theodore morningstar is there to greet him and usher him inside. she waits on the same battlefield they'd fought on seemingly eons ago, but this time she has calcifer at her side. this time she holds a cane in hand rather than a bow. 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 22:41:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] The Morningstar estate is a sight for sore eyes. His qualms are singular and he hones them onto a single focal point. Theodore is spared any expressive remarks and Fernando keeps to himself, gracious but reserved, cautious in waiting. It isn't until he's excused, released onto the battlefield that his expressions breaks. Eyes narrow onto a figure that seems so distant and unfamiliar but he can only assume it to be Freya.

His smile lacks the menace behind his intentions. It's genuine happiness but not out of concern or relief that Freya remains abound. It is because she is insignificant and he has little to fear. Safety is an immeasurable asset and Fernando can be disarmed while disarming.

"You called."

The statement is factual, plain and simple. Time is valuable and he's already over budget.

close tab

played by

NPC

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
207 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2019 1:18:46 GMT
NPC Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]

A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: you do not need to engage with the pumpkaboo icly).[break]
&

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2019 20:51:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]there is still something comforting about his no nonsense demeanor. she can't help the toothy smile that snakes across her lips. she stands a bit straighter, taller, and her eyes uncloud just a little bit more. 

"and so i did," she says, and follows with words that will no doubt be music to his ears: "i need a favor." 

her smile falls and she walks forward. she reaches up towards the circlet on her breast and removes the center pokeball. "i need your help with lyune. he's not...himself. and we can only do so much here." it's an admittance of weakness--to the estate, to her own prowess, and to the strength of her team. 

and this is the zenith, this moment of realization. that i am, and have always been, weak.

she clears her throat. "there are other matters to discuss as well, of course, but this is what's most important to me."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2019 21:04:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Circumstance foots the line between practical and nonsense. Months ago, when Freya announced herself to the council and therefore pledged herself to being a driving force, Fernando would've placed some weight onto her request. Now, functionally powerless, there is little reason for him to entertain the thought. He still does but the obligation is gone, currying to the fate of his fickle, cutthroat whim.

"I'm not a veterinarian, Freya. What can I do that you cannot?" His answer is dry because he has a throbbing assumption of where the conversation will go. The end point annoys him but he wants to hear it from her mouth, to slap her with a cold splash of reality to rouse her from her misguided ideals. Among the many character flaws that plague trainers, sentimentality is the one he loathes the most.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2019 0:18:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the impossible. what is there that fernando silph cannot do? what is there in this world that money can't buy? he needs trained professionals, consistent care, cognitive behavioral therapy. he needs so much that she just can't afford to give. a muscle in her cheek throbs as she bites her tongue. 

"you can fund his recovery," she says simply. 

and then she clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth and the caverns behind her echo with roars. dragons of all type move out uniformly and line themselves neatly in a row; calcifer, dragon in only form, stands at the head, while three salamence and the rest of her dratini line flank him. 

there are almost twenty of them, in her arsenal. she raises a hand and those that can spout flame into the air. and the warm breeze washes over her, picks up her hair and blows it past her cheeks. 

she stares hard-eyed at fernando. "you're not the only one with an army, councilman silph. let me use mine for good. help me so that i might finally be able to return the favor to hoenn."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2019 0:30:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Fund his recovery."

Fernando repeats the statement aloud to register the audacity of the request. Half of him is impressed by her gall but to hear something so shameless catches him off guard. This cannot be the same Freya who would mention coup and in a single implication. This is someone desperate or weak enough to vy on some misguided notion of Fernando's sympathy.

"Are you implying you have an army, Freya? An army requires sustenance — mouths to feed, bodies that need shelter, a desire for attention and time sunk into training. To sustain an army requires resources, resources that could be reallocated for other purposes."

His eyebrows knot and the request is neither denied nor accepted. Freya is not doing him any favors here, only edging around the one statement she doesn't want to confess. Fernando presses harder because he wants to hear it, to have her grovel at her own selfishness.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2019 23:48:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her father is doing what he can with his schedule. he's doing what he can for the dragon that used to be his while he's training dragons for the league. while he's battling threats out in the world. while he's working with mossdeep to discover a protocol for engagement should the wormholes open again. 

he does not have the time, luxury, or resources to focus on the beast. 

and he knows this and he accepts this, and freya almost loathes him for it. 

so let fernando think her selfish. her knuckles turn white as she grips the staff. 

"we hold our own here, but we cannot halt our progress for lyune." her defiance, her disagreement, is in her eyes.

"help him. do something. and you will have me in your back pocket."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2019 23:59:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "That sounds like a personal problem."

Fernando drops the smile, the masquerade that they're more than anything but acquaintances. Without her explicit ties to the League, to the chair that grants her words power under the reign of authority, Freya, like everyone else in the region, is nothing to him. His face is as placid as his sentiments, empty, void of concern nor care.

"And what use are you to me? I have the Elite Four and Gym Leaders under me. I alone put a halt on Team Rocket and brought peace to the region. What do you have to offer me that I can acquire with my own two hands."

Despite his ego and fantastical claims — which ignore the difficulty of acting upon them — there are some merit to his words. Only those who know Fernando, who were there through the happenstance of his fortune, understand how true or false his credentials are. Aside from , who he already has measures for to keep right under his thumb, there is no one who can challenge his word on ending . That alone make him untouchable.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 13:06:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she was prepared for his disagreements. she was prepared for this wordplay war, this haggling, this lack of loyalty. because she'd let other things get in the way of solidifying her alliance, her relationship with the silph. 

perhaps, now, she'll pay the price of that mistake. 

and though she was prepared, though she swore she was prepared, she finds herself crumbling. 

what good is she now? lame leg and a dragon that can't distinguish her from friend or foe. 

"there is no peace in this region while the threat of those beasts still stands," she says quietly, without the vigor that she needs. her brows furrow. she yanks her phone from her pocket and pulls up the saved footage. some unlucky soul in mossdeep managed to capture it. 

she stands, purple aura around her, stretching out amongst her team. and lyune is there, bleeding and bruised, but still standing, expelling a draconic purple figure from his maw. the energy merges and blasts towards the beast, swallowing it whole, obliterating it. ending it

"you would turn down this power at your side?" she says, gaze steady. 

her dragons stare from behind her.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 19:21:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Her answer pricks at a sensitive spot that Fernando cannot outright dismiss. His eyes narrow in and it takes a conscious effort to resist grinding his teeth. The mention of Ultra Beast is a blemish on his reputation as well as his ego. Rocket, while a pest, was considered a manufactured tool, a deliberate force used to further his own agenda. Ultra Beasts are a foreign, enigmatic concept that he cannot comprehend and therefore cannot abuse. Humans can be manipulated and toyed with to adjust to his plans. These monsters though? They're something he cannot tame and prove the biggest threat to the status quo.

However, these Ultra Beast materialize as spontaneous as their behavior. There's no promise that they'll attack nor that they'll retreat. They are the anti-thesis to everything Fernando stands for and that's why they must be handled. But can Freya be the one to do it? Her claims to power are true and Fernando knows the Mossdeep incident well but between and , neither have been able to replicate that instance of their Primal Mega Evolution.

"Is it stronger than my own?"

MISTY TERRAIN starts to seep from his body, prespirating through his pores and clothes to congregate into a mild haze that curls around him.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 3:12:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she has not been able to recall that power. hell, her relationship with lyune has been battered, beaten, fractured beyond recognition. the synergy between them is gone and she's sure that whatever power had been stored in her during that fight had been expelled or vanished with the salamence's broken mind. 

she can tell, however, that she's struck a nerve. satisfaction has her lips curling, despite the situation, and some of her old fire comes back.

but it's quenched, rather quickly, when fernando turns into something supernatural. she takes a step back, stumbling slightly as her leg twists. 

her dragons take a step forward. low hisses and growls rise behind her. and she steels herself with this, sinks into their warning snaps, their wild snarls, and takes another step towards fernando. 

"you're not strong enough to defeat this on your own. otherwise you'd have done it already. we both know that. whatever we're fighting, whatever this new threat is, you need me. you need us." 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 3:32:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"I'd have done it already if I could find them. Unfortunately, they've yet to reappear. The one day I decide to exterminate Team Rocket would be the same day the supernatural decide to attack the other side of the region." Fernando does not falter in the face of accusations. Instead, he faces them upfront, backed up by audacious claims that have merit only in the fact that no one knows how heavily distorted they truly are. There is strength in being the only one to know a secret and Fernando wields it like a sword, cleaving into any and all questions about his allegiance and prowess.

That being said, they can only circle around the conversation point so many times before it turns stale. "You have an army, Freya. Whatever threatens the region threatens you too. Surely you can make due without one Pokemon. Otherwise, you're a cripple with an extraordinary weak point. And no one Pokemon is worth sinking a fortune into. I'm sure you could persuade someone like Stone otherwise." Fernando has no inkling as to the back waters allegiance between and herself. He only mentions the Champion in jest because he knows Alexander isn't here to help and he's the only one foolish enough to fall for it.