awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 19:41:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Physical attacks have always proved more precise than long-ranged attacks. The safety provided with firing from afar is a comfort that Fernando situates himself in but it goes beyond being vulnerable to retaliation. Spacing creates a timing window, it grants him time to react and for a man fixated on having tools for every situation, it allows him to spin a solution to whatever problem that comes his way.

A Tyrantrum and Kommo-o emerge from the aftermath of his attack, lunging forward to dish out Freya's counter attack. His Glalie snaps into action, submerging his side of the field into an arctic landscape crafted out of SHEER COLD. Rather than try and hit either dragon head-on, it spreads the attack outward in all directions with the Glalie as the epicenter. As long as they are willing to commit to approaching in order to attack, they'll find their just desserts one way or another.

As his first line of defense and his most trusted Pokemon, the Glalie knows better than to allow either enemies invade deeper onto his side of the field. Not without doing the utmost in stopping them. It floats forward to clash with the Tyrantrum head on and when the dragon swings its tail at the circular Pokemon it gets sent flying. The icy frame shatters, cracks crumbling onto its exterior as Glalie is ejected from the battle with a home-run winning swing of BIDE. The speed of the impact causes the Glalie to crash into the one of the walls that make up the Dragon's Den several dozen meters away and leaves a lasting impression with the dented crater, instantly knocking the Pokemon unconscious.

The defeat of one Pokemon allows the Kommo-o passage to continue on with its ENDEAVOR. Without another wall to stand before the Tapu Fini, the only defense Fernando has to eliminate the attack is the sudden burst of ZAP CANNON from behind him. The GRAVITY may have been the Porygon's only obvious attack but the Pokemon hasn't been absolutely idle. The time spent LOCKING-ON to several Pokemon has finally been put to action and the electric outburst crackles on a calculated trajectory to nail the Kommo-o before it can land the attack. The sight of Lyune's Mega Evolution adds another variable to Porygon's previous calculation and it scrambles to calibrate the Pokemon's speed and flight path, firing another ZAP CANNON soon after but unsure if it will have the same accuracy that it does with Kommo-o.

His Tapu Fini remains motionless, apathetic to the approaching threat. If the ZAP CANNON doesn't stop the Pokemon in its tracks the Alolan Pokemon will take the attacks without resistance. Tapu Fini has never been one of the sprites to take after human emotions, nor does it concern itself with matters that extends outside of the natural state of the world. The legends of it are always slanted with faux human emotion but the truth of the matter is that the Tapu is mother nature incarnated, indifferent but vindictive when wronged.

The golden sheen of the moon pools before the Tapu as it prepares a MOONBLAST. If any dragon is willing to attack head on then the fairy will be ready to eliminate it. These wicked beast may be favored by trainers due to their strengths but before a fairy they are nothing more than pests. However, before the Tapu Fini can attack, Fernando recalls it into its Pokeball.

He stands alone, Porygon still behind him, laughing wildly as Freya finally feels the heat of battle.

"Ha ha ha! Well, well, well, Freya. Look what we have here."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 15:34:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]there is a red haze before her, bleeding purple. lyune's flamethrower scorches the ground, melting the rock beneath him as he rockets forward. and she is crouching on his back now, fingers digging into the side of his neck, urging him forward and looking hungrily towards their prey. 

killian spins, tail losing its glow. she backs up out of the fray, breathing heavily. her jaws snap as she circles the legendary, but freya's instructions keep it hanging back. orion's endeavor ends suddenly as it's blasted on its side. the dragon skitters back; its armored scales smoke.

and then the duo are there, haloed by a ring of fire, prepared to take the moonblast from the legendary that will end them. 

lyune's wings arc as freya rakes her fingers down his back. flames are expelled upwards, into an angry jetstream. his back claws dig into the ground as he crashes to a stop before fernando. 

his sides heave and freya's mouth is twisted, face contorted with pain and anger and a hatred she has carried with her for months. 

her voice is a low rumble, a deep throaty growl. lyune's snarls mimic her as she speaks. as though they are one. 

"do you still underestimate me, silph?"

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 19:46:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "You underestimate yourself."

Fernando's smugness is disproportionate to his side of the field. With only a single Pokemon, he stands before her dragons, unfazed, unafraid. While this may come off as bravado enshrined in his confidence in Freya's self control, he has a secondary reliance on his Pokemon's abilities. While his Porygon may look docile in comparison to the bared fangs and talon claws of her dragons, an accurate ZAP CANNON can fall anything that doesn't outright resist electric paralysis.

"If this is what you meant by Lyune being different then I don't see why you need help." His eyes narrow, moving from her Salamence to her own. "Different is change but change is not necessarily bad."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 17:17:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]this is the zenith. this moment is her undoing, is her reconstruction, her creation. she will never tell a soul that she is changed to her core by this man's--a man's words, but she is. 

she shakes, from anger, from rage, that he tell her this, but the truth settles in her bones. liquid flame pools from lyune's mouth, dribbling to the ground as he watches fernando with the eyes of a hungry predator. his tail lashes, and freya knows it is from the pain that he feels. 

his wing is mottled, twisted wrongly against his back, knitted together with an overwhelming amount of energy. 

she does not say anything, still. fire courses through her veins and she looks into the future, into what could have happened if she had not pulled herself back. 

a future without fernando silph would spell disaster for hoenn. 

she slips off of lyune's back and the salamence shudders. his form glistens purple and he screeches in agony as his muscles reshape themselves, as the laceration in his wing takes its form again. as he returns to something broken and fragmented. 

his pain is an ache in her breast, but she is unflinching.

she walks towards fernando, ignoring the flared pain in her twisted leg. lyune settles onto his haunches behind her as she turns her cheek, eyes half-lidded, closing the intimate distance between them. 

she moves to place a delicate kiss on his cheek. her lips are fever-hot; the mega stone woven into her braids still glows softly.

"then i will embrace it." 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 1:58:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] What comes next is unexpected. Never in a million years would Fernando expect Freya to heed his advice so easily, much less reward him for it. His smile distorts into a nervous laughter and he feels uncomfortable with the unforeseen intimacy. Her touch is hot to the touch and he reclines from his position, shifting his weight from one side to the other.

"Hold yourself in too high a regard and you will become your own worse enemy." Fernando shuffles a bit to recreate a space between them, feeling the awkwardness of having a set of dragon eyes upon him. "You'd do well to loosen up, Freya." Advice that Fernando will never accept himself but one he recognizes and borrows from both and . Consulting with others is never a bad thing. Listening to them however prove detrimental. That's why he passes it onto someone who needs it more.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2019 1:04:13 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her smile is all teeth--sharp and unrelenting and malicious. she laughs, as she might have months ago, and lyune's head sways from side to side, eyes clouding again. embers spark, flames blistering from behind his teeth. 

the armor at her back is blasted by an intense heat and her fists curl, nails biting into the pads of her hand. but she holds fernando's gaze, because lyune has already redirected the flame with a shaking head, stomping feet. her flesh festers against the metal. 

her voice is a whisper through the pain. "i wish i could do that." she unhooks lyune's ball from the crest of her neck and withdraws him. calcifer takes his place and bares his neck to her. 

"leave now." she winces as she mounts. "more change is coming."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2019 1:28:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Embers spark. Flames bellow from deep within the dragon's maw. Fernando doesn't catch the warning signs — a momentary slip up that's both sloppy and proper punishment for trusting Freya. Fire is matched with electricity, his Porygon is primed to retaliate should the beast dare threaten its creator. Surprisingly, it attacks Freya instead and Lyune is spared from being tazed.

"Freya."

Fernando's voice no longer shares any semblance of companionship. It is cold, cut directly to the point through filtered anger. Is this what she had meant by change? This is no longer a Pokemon worth protecting, much less investing into. This is a monster and one that should be handled like any other feral Pokemon he encounters. Only at Freya's mercy does the Pokemon find shelter from Fernando's scorn.

"What change?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
needle [c]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2019 1:46:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]is it with concern that he calls after her? does he see her future yet? the irrevocable change that is swallowing her whole? he cannot. the charizard that gingerly holds her aloft cannot. and the rest of them, nevermind herself, cannot. 

she does not know what the coming months will bring, but she is no longer worried about the end. 

she will fight and burn herself out long before it comes.

she straightens. metal whines, fastenings melted, silver boiling into skin. pain exhales on her breath. her voice is a gruff rasp, draconic in nature. 

"mine."