lucky strike [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 22:31:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sampokestri"]

[attr="class","sampokes"]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

As Eden took the first steps inside of the dive bar, she steeled her nerves and released her espeon, putting Hecate back into the pokeball. Espeon was her little powerhouse when it came to dealings like this - where she needed a sharp mind, and a quick diversion.
[break][break]
With a glance over her shoulder, she smiled reassuringly to her companion as she walked, the espeon weaving between her legs with each step, perfectly in sync with her motions.
[break][break]
It didn't take long for Eden to suss out their target - an agitated looking man who was on the phone behind VIP velvet ropes. "That's the client." Eden leaned towards August's ear to talk to him, placing her hand on his shoulder. It was easier to pretend they were together in this type of situation. Solidarity in numbers and emotions.
[break][break]
"I'll take the cases." She grabbed his and leaned away, smiling, her head tilting to indicate she wanted him to follow. She needed the backup, mostly to make sure she wasn't outnumbered.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[attr="class","samnotes"]

[newclass=".sampost"] [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost i"] color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost a"] color:#765d75;font-size:11px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 22:37:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]he stiffens slightly at her touch and his snarky reply dies on the tip of his tongue. soft music plays in the crowded bar. couples sit at cozy tables; girls with their ankles crossed lean into their companions' ears and whisper things only augustus can imagine. 

several bartenders are kept busy by the amount of patrons. the roped off section of the bar is half-hidden by swooping velvet curtains. 

the man in question holds a martini in hand and speaks lowly. and then he sighs, takes a sip, and sits down. the bluetooth in his ear dulls and august follows eden's steps. remus keeps pace with him and the two stand behind her with their arms crossed when they reach the ropes. 

x x x
@bean2
[newclass=.augpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.augpost i]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.augpost b]color:#716075;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 22:49:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden smiled as she got to the ropes, feeling August behind her - she can practically feel the stare his pokemon and him are giving the man as he sipped his martini. Fat, balding, and sweaty looking, he definitely looked like a mafia don. Which meant... Her eyes slid to view his partners. Younger, less disgusting, but definitely still a slimeball.
[break][break]
"Mr. Clark, I assume?" Eden said over the pounding music, eyebrow rising. The man stood and walked over, grabbing a hold of Eden's face. For a moment, he inspects her carefully, before patting her cheek. Eden doesn't flinch or move - one wrong twitch, and it was all over.
[break][break]
"You're Hadley's girl, right?" The man asked, opening the ropes to let her in. She nodded, not speaking, because even though she was her own person, in this world, her father's name meant everything.
[break][break]
"Yes, sir." She agreed with him, and tilted her head, holding out the suitcases. "Here's your delivery. I apologize for the delay." She licked her lips and shrugged her shoulders. "The other man is incapacitated, at the moment. You know how it is these days." Her words are carefully chosen and articulated, smoothly rolling off her tongue. The honeyed words seemed to pacify Mr. Clark as he opened the cases and counted his spoils.
[break][break]
"It's all here, rest assured." He grabbed Eden's wrist and yanked her forwards, smiling with his greasy little grin. "Why don't we take them out back to try them?"
[break][break]
Eden merely blinked slowly in response, nodding. "Of course, sir." She wrenched her hand free from his grasp and stood straight. "But if you manhandle me once more, my father will hear about it." Eden warned him, and he seemed to slink back a bit.
[break][break]
"Right, he likes to reserve that for himself, doesn't he?" He joked. Eden's jaw set. Hard.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 22:59:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]he deals with scum. he deals with their pleading and their incessant wails and their offerings of their family, their friends, their lack of loyalty so long as they can keep all their coin in their pockets. and it's never really made him sick--he's always scoffed, known that he was the bigger man, the better man, and was able to put them in their place. 

but this is different. he stiffens again when the girl--when eden is touched. the man's pudgy fingers puts indents in the skin of her cheek and august feels his own skin crawl. he wants to look away, but he can feel the boss's lackeys watching him, waiting for his reaction. 

she means nothing to him. 

and yet, what she'd said in the car makes her frustratingly real. a person. with feelings. 

a muscle in his cheek flicks when his scathing words wash over eden. 

he clears his throat, takes a step forward. 

he has an achilles' heel. rashness is a childish trait he's attempted to suffocate for years now. it's what has earned him tactful beatings. it has been what's broken him. it has been what's made him. 

"how 'bout you keep your paws off the girl and keep her family's business out your mouth, alright?" he steps in front of her and remus flanks her other side. "or is that gonna be a problem?"

x x x
@bean2
[newclass=.augpost b]color:#716075;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 23:08:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

As she's flanked by her two backup men, Eden smiles softly, flexing her fingers slightly now that she was hidden behind them. She pulls on a bright red glove - it matches the blouse under her blazer - before pulling on another one. Slowly, she steps aside and flicks open the cases one by one, while Mr. Clark stares, incredulous, at August.
[break][break]
"Seven." Eden says gently, a warning tone. "That's enough, I think he gets the point." She looks over to him, a quiet thank you written on her features - soft, and genuine - before looking back to Mr. Clark. "Now, sir. If you wouldn't mind." She gestures to the pokeballs and sighs, drawing the curtains closed.
[break][break]
None of the pokemon were big enough to really warrant a stadium setting, anyway.
[break][break]
"You can check the merchandise here, or not at all." She picks up one of the pokeballs after wiping down the handles and sides of the cases. Fingerprints, and all. Her fingers turn the pokeball over in her hand, before extending it to the man, brushing past August. "Your choice, love." She smiles, eyebrow raising. "Going once... Twice..."
[break][break]
Mr. Clark sighs heavily, and his partners look amused - and impressed - with Eden and her little crew.
[break][break]
"Alright! Show me the pokemon, then." He takes the ball and releases the first one.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 23:17:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]he's startled when his alias falls from her lips. he'd assumed he had the upper hand on her--on knowing things she might not even know herself. but it seems she knows more than she lets on. and it makes his lips twitch in an almost-smile. 

one of the lackeys shoots a look at him, almost as if daring him to say something, to start something. 

she'd taken command of the situation back at the house, but still he's amazed at the levelness in her voice. he almost fears he's obsolete. 

(though he knows that if she'd come alone...)

he swallows. remus, noticing his tension, squares his shoulders. the tension in the room could be cut with a butter knife. 

a mightyena bursts from the ball, muzzled and muffling its snarls. light showers over august's shoes with how close it is, but he doesn't flinch. the dog drops into a crouch and a couple of the lackeys back up a step. 

remus' eyes burn as he watches the pokemon's aura, on edge. 

"you gonna dawdle over all ten o' these all day or you gonna trust my girl here on her word?" he drawls. 

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 23:26:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden tries not to look at the pokemon, snarling and upset on the floor. She licks her lips and fixes her gaze on something else - which just so happens to be the side of August's neck. When Mr. Clark is satisfied with seeing the first pokemon, he shakes his head.
[break][break]
"No. One more." He holds up his finger. "And my companion here, will choose." He gestures to his business partner, who leans forwards and selects a great ball from the selection, after the previous pokemon is tucked safely back in it's pokeball.
[break][break]
Eden waits, praying to the high heavens that Knox hasn't fucked her over - that there's pokemon in all the pokeballs.
[break][break]
When a small happiny bursts out of the pokeball, her chest tightens, thinking of her own, tucked safely onto her belt. The happiny bounces anxiously, and Eden glances over her shoulder. "Satisfied?" She asks, growing impatient with the show. Mr. Clark sighs.
[break][break]
"I suppose." He drawls, then grumbles to himself. "Tell your parents I say hello." He grins. Eden smiles, tart, and tilts her head.
[break][break]
"Of course." She turns briskly, waving over her shoulder. "I'd say it's a pleasure, but I don't like to lie." She comments, before looking back to August, squinting. "Let's go, you two." Unsaid: I don't want to be here another fucking second.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 23:35:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]ten pokeballs. ten pokemon sitting neatly in a case, waiting to get broken in, undone, by their new master. but that's not what's bothering him. what's bothering him is what will happen if the case doesn't hold all ten, if they'd just been playing russian roulette with some fuckall friend of eden's. 

he's ready to throw a punch, throw orders, if eden's snarky quips hit the man the wrong way. but their language is a conversation he's never much needed to understand the nature of. she turns and he watches, disgust sitting in his stomach, with the way the man's eyes follow her backside. 

'whatcha lookin' at, pretty boy?' he shoots a glare at the lackey who'd dared open his mouth and then turns abruptly. 

'make sure you treat her rough! we hear that's how she likes it.' they dissolve into rough laughter and he jerks his arm up, goes to put it protectively on her shoulder, but thinks better of it at the last moment, rakes his hand angrily through his hair instead. 

when they get outside, he paces. he looks at her, wild-eyed and angry. "the fuck are you thinking? do you have any idea what those men are capable of?" remus seems startled at his outburst. 

"or, fuck, what i'm capable of? you don't know a damn thing about me, honey, and you're willing to throw it all on the line for what--some fuck-up brother of yours who ain't even real blood?" he shouldn't be venting at her, but he can't help it. 

he lights up, takes a deep drag, flushes his senses with nicotine so he can calm the fuck down

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 23:47:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

If Eden had startled by his sudden outburst, she doesn't show it very well. Instead, she stand calmly and waits for him to be done, instinctively standing by Remus, because the pokemon looks startled, and she doesn't want him to be. Quietly, as August lights his cigarette, Eden folds her fingers together in front of her and takes a deep breath.
[break][break]
"Are you quite done? Because I'd like to thank you, now, and it's hard to do when you're yelling at me." She says gently, looking away to glance at the club. "I know what they're capable of." Eden concedes. "My father is one of them, of course I know." She's a victim to it nearly every night. "So, thank you for helping." She looks over at him and gestures to the car.
[break][break]
"If you're going to yell at me more, can you please do it in the car? I want to get the fuck out of here."

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 23:54:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]remus gives her a look as if to say don't worry about him. august, meanwhile, turns his back to the two of them. his discontent twists his face; shaking fingers flick ash to the ground. 

usually he has power. usually he holds these scumbags in the palm of his hand, squealing under the heel of his boots. but he is powerless and useless and he fucking knows what they're talking about in there right now. they're getting off on the girl with daddy issues and he has half a mind to storm back in there and put them in their place.

but that's the problem is that they're only one head of the hydra. cut them down and more will grow back in their place. there's always room in the world for more evil. 

when she thanks him, he sighs. he tosses the butt on the ground and steps on it, but he'd already smoked it down to the filter. 

remus goes around the car to open the driver side door for eden and looks up solemnly at august before climbing into the backseat again. 

august takes his place, aims his scowl away from her and back out the window as they back out. 

"i wasn't yelling at you," he mutters. "for the record." 

he taps his fingers against his knees. "hope your brother knows what you did for him."

he pauses, voice softer, gentler. "this your dad's car?"

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 0:01:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden smiles at the pokemon holding the door open for her, and pats Remus' hand gently, nodding. "Thank you." She slides into the car and adjusts her blazer, sighing loudly. "Haaaaaaa!" She shivers, and shakes herself off, as if all the bad vibes were leaving her body. Her side hurts, but she ignores it and looks over to August, shrugging.
[break][break]
"Well, it sure sounded like it." Eden jokes, trying to lighten the mood. When he mentions Knox - not by name, Eden shrugs. "Probably not, but he'll know soon enough." Sending her into a situation like that. There was no fucking way she'd answer the next time.
[break][break]
But she probably would. Maybe she just wouldn't do what he wanted.
[break][break]
When August asks her about the car, she takes a deep breath inwards, and nods, just once. "Yeeeeeeap. It sure is."

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 0:11:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]his fingers continue with their incessant tapping. it's a tick, a habit he hasn't been able to shake since he was a kid. when he notices it's happening, he curls his hand into a fist, clears his throat. 

another habit. 

and that's what all of them do, isn't it? they all just fall into these habits and accept that this is how the fuckin' world works.

he doesn't want to press the issue. he doesn't want to ask the question he's pretty sure he already knows the answer to. because he doesn't have an answer himself. what's he gonna do? offer her a place to stay for a night? he grimaces. not an appropriate vibe to give out, especially after what they'd just gone through. what she'd just gone through.

"he's got good taste," he mutters and watches the road, unsure of what else to say. 

and then he eases off, gives her a sideways smile. "so where to next, princess? you got another death wish for the both of us or you gonna drop me off at larceny?" he checks his watch. he's still got time. 

"i refuse to have my night ruined 'cause o' your brother's lazy ass."

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 0:18:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Tilting her head back against the headrest, Eden laughs softly, shaking her head. "He had fleeting taste, this one will be gone before next week." She answers honestly, shrugging her shoulders, before looking over at him as he speaks.
[break][break]
"Oh? Well, we could go for that drink you seemed so eager to get." She suggests, thinking and clicking her tongue. "But you do have a man to see, you know." Eden reminds him. "I feel like I've already ruined your night, but if you like whiskey, I know a place." She shrugs. Eden knows all the places with a good whiskey. One good stiff drink, and she'd be ready to face the night she was in for.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 0:25:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]he raises a brow. "david? nah. i'll pay him a visit next week, if he hasn't run away with his tail between his legs." he cracks his knuckles. "we always find 'em, though. in the end." remus nods in the rearview mirror. 

he barks out a short laugh, squares up in his seat. his night's getting a bit more interesting. maisey'll be waiting up for him, as per usual, but she's gotten used to his late nights. (though she's still startled when the lock turns on the door, a tick he hasn't been able to soothe quite yet.)

he splays his hands, shrugs his shoulders. "coulda been worse. i'd have liked to throw a couple more punches, though." 

he turns in his seat, looks at her now, curiosity getting the better of him. "you usually drag strangers 'round with you and then take 'em out for drinks?"

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 0:33:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden blinks and glances over at him, watching him turn in his seat. She smiles, a small curled edge of her lip as she watches him, before shaking her head. "You know, if they had of tried anything, I would have just had my espeon cause them some severe impotence." Eden hums and shrugs her shoulders, before adjusting her grip and lowering it on the wheel, more relaxed at driving.
[break][break]
When he starts getting curious, she snorts a laugh and raises an eyebrow, giving him a skeptical look. "Don't be foolish." She tuts her tongue, shaking her head.
[break][break]
"I usually go for drinks, and then drag them around. It's much, much more fun." She grins and wiggles her eyebrows, letting her guard down just a little bit. The notion reminds her of Kat, and even though it hurt, they were still fond memories. She smiles as she watches the road, pulling up to a nicer looking bar.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]