lucky strike [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 1:19:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]even when slateport had been taken over, the night market had thrived in the darkest of darkness. seedy alleyways were still a comfort to the dim bulbs that line faded cobblestone streets. it had almost been wrong, during that interim period, when no one had any clue what they were doing, why they were doing it. 

he's had more business lately here, since the league retook the city. 

he has his hands stuffed in the thin pockets of his leather jacket. remus is upwind, keeping an eye on their surroundings. he takes a drag from his cig; cherry end casts flickering shadows on his 5 o'clock shadow before he lowers his hand, flicks his fingers. 

it hits and rolls against the stone, puttering out as he steps by. 

a messily scrawled piece of paper leads him to where he's headed. it's an address, nothing more, but it's the same shit every time. he has a name, a face, and that's about all he needs. 

the rest is just business. 

remus is the one to knock on the door. his ears perk as he does and the night goes still. they're away from the night market now, but close enough to know that this is the right place. inconspicuous, but convenient. he knows for certain that only a few blocks away is an underground gambling right, and to that a small stadium where trainers get off on watching humans beat each other to shit. 

his left cheek is still bruised from being part of that spectacle a few nights ago. 

he looks at remus and the lucario nods. august cracks his knuckles, rolls his shoulders, and then kicks at the door. it buckles, bends, but does not give way. the lucario takes a turn; a swift kick splinters the wood and allows august to reach inside to turn the latch. 

"would've had it if you gave me another minute," he grumbles, much to the lucario's amusement. 

augustus steps inside and whistles. "c'mon, david. we both know why i'm here. you gotta face it sooner or later." he pauses, takes a look at remus. the lucario's eyes burn a soft blue and he juts his chin to the right. augustus gestures for him to take the lead down the hall. 

x x x
@bean2
[newclass=.augpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.augpost i]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.augpost b]color:#716075;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 19:44:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sampokestri"]

[attr="class","sampokes"]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Normally, she didn't answer her phone on a night off. Normally, she'd be hiding away in her room, doors locked, pretending she wasn't home.
[break][break]
But this hadn't been a normal night off. No, instead, her best friend had called her, sobbing, and telling her that he was too fucked up to finish what he had started - had slipped back down the rabbit hole - and needed her help.
[break][break]
The bruised side she had gotten from her father when she emerged from her room and was found out to actually be home, she told herself, was worth it to help him.
[break][break]
But she was mad. Beyond mad. As she pressed the keys on her phone to find the closest rocket operative, she narrowed her eyes at the location and set off. She hadn't realized when she started running just how angry she was, until she was slamming open the door of an interrogation room and glaring into the room of a beaten and broken man - and his punisher.
[break][break]
"I need your help." Is all she says, thrusting her chin towards the bloodied up man. "Leave him here, he's not going anywhere."

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[attr="class","samnotes"]

[newclass=".sampost"] [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost i"] color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost a"] color:#765d75;font-size:11px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 20:44:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]the man is a weasel. just as slippery, just as cowardly. he hides behind a wardrobe, fingers shaking, but he doesn't account for the lucario that can pinpoint his aura. remus elbows the furniture aside quite easily and yanks the man's elbow, sending him sprawling towards the ground in front of august. 

august lifts a boot, toes at the man's cheek. he starts pleading already, saying that the shipment's late, that he'll have the money soon. he just needs time

"but what about last month's payment, bud?" he squats down next to the man and examines him with a cocked head. "says you're late on that, too." 

the man gets smaller. 'i--i just need some more time. it's--see, my kid's sick and i had to--'

a swift jab to the side cuts him off. he wheezes, curling in on himself. august retracts his hand, blinking as though his knuckles don't throb from his impact with the man's--david's--ribs. 

he grabs him by the shoulders and throws him into an armchair, grabs his jaw. remus stands behind him, arms crossed, eyes still glowing, always watching. 

he breaks his nose. david cries out, swears, spits blood on the nice carpet. 

"i said you're late on the money. now, either i'm walkin' outta here with some dough or you're givin' rocket some collateral until we get what we need." 

he starts shaking, is nodding, listing 'priceless' things in the house that august can take. but august knows how to play this game. 

he brushes aside the man's jacket and then shakes his head to remus. the lucario puts its hands down and sends out feelers. he pinpoints what they're looking for in a half-open drawer in the kitchen. 

nestled under a couple of haphazardly strewn towels--no doubt in an attempt to cover them up--are four ultra balls. 

'p-please no. they're--they're all i have now! i need them to get the pokemon for r-rocket.' he's blubbering now and irritated, august strikes again. blood sprays up his arm as his jaw cracks. oops

remus slips the pokeballs in august's pocket. 

"i told you," he says coolly, "it's just collateral. when we get the money, you get 'em back."

he raises a hand again to make another point, but remus grunts. the lucario settles back into a crouch, paws raised. augustus turns, hand still raised, and raises a brow at the woman standing before him. he opens his mouth to tell remus to grab her before she can squeal, but he's cut off. 

ah. another rocket then. 

he scoffs at the demand and turns back around. "well, today's your lucky day. i was s'poseda rough ya up a bit more, but you can thank little miss angel over here that you're only gettin' off with a busted up face." and when he feels the man shudder, he grunts, takes a knee to his ribs. 

david slumps out of the chair, gasping, and august wipes some of his blood off his face. 

he opens his arms as he turns, cocky smile adorning his features. "i'm all yours, angel."

x x x
@bean2
[newclass=.augpost b]color:#716075;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 20:53:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden swallowed any semblance of an ember to help the man in the chair, her Hippocratic oath coming at her hard and fast. She stifled the feeling as best she could and stepped forwards, heels clacking on the linoleum tile of the hallway, before disappearing on the carpet of the room. "Don't call me angel." She leaned over the beat-up man and wrinkled her nose, head tilting.
[break][break]
"If you want him to live through the night, you should give him something to stop the swelling." Because threatening a rocket that they'll lose their source of info was the best she could do for the man at the moment. "Here." She swung her bag around and pulled out a small spray container, misting the man in the face. Soon enough, the swelling went down, and his face looked... A bit less like he had been hit by a bus.
[break][break]
"Pretty as sunshine, love." She patted the man's cheek, watching him wince, before standing up straight again, adjusting her blouse. "As for you." She pointed, index and middle finger dangerously close to his nose. "You have thirty minutes to make yourself presentable, these people don't like to be kept waiting, and they've already had their exchange date moved up."
[break][break]
Eden left the room without another word to any of the room's occupants, stalking down the hall. From behind the door frame, Hecate followed her, scrambling to keep up with Eden. She had long legs in the first place - with heels, it was like a toddler chasing a professional basketball player.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 21:02:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]this one's got spunk. he looks down at david. he's no doctor, but he's certainly beaten more people worse than this one and they made it through the night. remus shrugs his shoulders when august gives him an eye. 

"you asked for my help, girl. not the other way around." he crosses his arms over his chest, knowing full well that she's in a hurry. remus stands beside him, wary and prepared for a fight. 

"you want my help? well, you can ask nicely," he calls to her on her way out. he waits until she's out of the living room to make his way to the kitchen. it's not because she told him to, but he can't quite walk around in public with bloodstains crusted on his arm and face. 

he wipes down with water quickly and dries his hands on his pants. remus waits in the hallway, eyeing the woman on the front stoop. 

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 21:07:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Making it a point to look over her shoulder, and see him being just as sassy back to her, she looked forwards, smiling to herself. Hm, maybe he'd be more useful than she originally thought. He was just as stubborn, at least.
[break][break]
When she heard the running water, she glanced back to see him finishing up with his "wash," and standing there, staring. Sighing, audibly, Eden turned and made her way back into the home, Hecate standing beside her. They both looked 100% completely done with today.
[break][break]
"Would you, pretty please, come and accompany me on a mission that another rocket failed to complete?" She clasped her hands together, and smiled her best polite smile - though it was more of a scimitar, ready to cut down any obstacles.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 21:18:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]"aw," he coos, "now was that so hard?"

he keeps his word and follows behind her, motioning for remus to do the same. the lucario pauses as they pass by the living room again, though only to give their previous target a once-over. satisfied with the job, he continues on. 

august checks his phone. he'd had the night planned out. a simple rough and tumble, stop for a beer on his walk home, and pick out some groceries for his rather barren fridge. 

"so what exactly've i gotten myself into, cupcake?" he says as he leisurely strolls beside her. 

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 21:28:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

"My name is Eden." Her eyes dart over her shoulder to look him up and down. All the nicknames really weren't necessary. "And the mission is relatively simple, actually. We're to deliver some pokemon to a benefactor." Eden pulled some car keys out of her blazer's pocket and pressed the small button to unlock the door to the car.
[break][break]
It was nice enough to have been stolen fresh from the dealer - but it was just one of the countless ones that sat unused in her parents garage.
[break][break]
She'd pay the price for taking it later, if her father noticed it was gone. He usually never did.
[break][break]
"Once we're done that, I'll let you get back to beating up your little friend inside." She pointed to the house with her key, before opening the car door to the driver's side.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 21:33:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]"suits ya," is all he manages to get in before she starts talking again. man, she's pretty high strung. he wonders if it's just because that's who she is or if she's in some serious shit. he's seen that in people--that desperate, wild side of them that comes out when they fear they might lose everything. 

seen it more times than he can count. 

remus opens the door to the backseat and slides in. august still takes his time, pulls out a cig and lights up before clambering in the car. when she starts it, he rolls the window down (out of courtesy, of course). 

"nice ride," he says as he exhales. "so, you drop the ball on this one or was it someone else?" 

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 21:39:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden glanced over to the man smoking in her car and took a deep breath. Well, if her father didn't know that she had the car, and he decided to take it for a drive - he'd definitely know now. She mentally prepared herself for it, when the man asked another question.
[break][break]
She couldn't help the laugh that escaped from her lips. Short, curt, but a bit genuine. Her eyebrow rose as she licked her lips, before leaning, her head tilted.
[break][break]
"In the ten minutes you've known me, do you think I'm the type of person to drop the ball?" She smirked, before laughing again. "No, this is definitely someone else's fault." She stewed a bit, because, no matter how hard she tried to not be upset at Knox right now - she was. Because he was endangering her, knowing full well she'd do just about anything to keep him out of trouble.
[break][break]
It wasn't his fault.
[break][break]
But it was.
[break][break]
And she felt used.
[break][break]
Her hand gripped the steering wheel harder.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 21:44:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]it's in the nature of his job that he must be observant. so he can't help but notice the slight shift in her tone of voice, the whitening of her knuckles that give way to her aggravation. 

it's also in his nature to make connections, assumptions, and act upon them. so he takes another puff and he thinks about the situation, and he pieces it all together. 

he exhales, flicks some of the ash out the window. he coughs softly. "y'know, ya let people take advantage of ya once and it'll never stop. that's people. give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile." 

he purses his lips. "you into this guy then? the one you're coverin' for? or girl. i ain't judging." 

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 21:50:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Licking her lips, Eden took a deep breath and let off of the gas, closing her eyes for just a second. One, calming second. And then, she was good again. Her eyes opened, and she stared at the road ahead, shaking her head at his question. She knew he was right - that Knox was using her. Easily, if she might add.
[break][break]
"It's a he, and, no." She shook her head and licked her lips. Maybe once a upon a time, but now, she didn't feel much other than the sting of a belt buckle, and the void - the gaping hole that Kat had left in her. "He's like my brother." She paused, not entirely sure why she was even talking about it. "And the only person I really see as family." She shrugged. "So I'll do this, and then, I'll probably go home, and get my ass beaten probably about twice as bad as that dude we just left behind, and then I'll go to work Monday, and pretend nothing's happened." She tipped her jaw up, leaning into her seat.
[break][break]
It felt good to not lie for once. What the fuck was this?

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 21:58:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]'people like to talk, son, and they like to talk to a man who'll listen. and some of us just ain't born with that trait. some of us gotta work harder than othas. but you? you got it. you got that stuff that makes people get loose lips. that's why you're gonna do great, boy. that's why you're gonna be the best at what ya do.' 

he's always accepted this as fact, but sometimes the truth of it all resurfaces. even when he has his guard down, even when he's not trying, he has a presence about him. he almost feels bad for the girl. 

"family," he repeats, chuckles. but his laughter dies, expression solemn as she continues onward. he stares out the window as tension filters in through the car. 

you oughta hit back, he almost says. because it's not his business. because he's not this brother who's fucking her over and he's not her caretaker and he's not fucking responsible. 

so he says nothing and he checks the time again and he finishes his cigarette and says, "we almost there?" 

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 22:03:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden leaned back further into her seat, ignoring the fact that she had just spilled a bunch of her mental guts all over this person she had just met. She blamed it quietly on her emotions getting the better of her, and stiffened easily again, turning on the indicator to signal into a large alleyway.
[break][break]
"Yeah, we're almost there." She parked the car just outside of a flashing neon sign and grabbed a briefcase from the back, unlocking the car. "Here." She handed him a second case. It was heavy, carrying about 10 pokeballs, nestled in foam to keep them from jostling around in the case.
[break][break]
"Let's go." Eden stepped out of the car and waited until he was out, before locking the doors.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 22:19:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]usually he knows what the fuck he's walking into. so color him a bit nervous when she stops outside a seedy dive bar, a notorious front for some of rocket's more incriminating activity. the weight of the suitcase only stresses this fact. 

remus puts a paw on his shoulder to steady him and he's comforted, for the moment. he gathers himself before following her out of the car, face as unreadable as ever. 

he looks up at the sign. 

"if ya wanted to take me out for a drink, ya could've just asked, princess." he dares flash a smile. 

"ladies first?"

x x x
@bean2